Floor six, Meditation skill obtain quest. (Concept)

Opening new pathways, <> Combat category-extra skill

This quest is only available on the 6th floor.

They say there is no magic in Sword Art Online, yet some may be inclined to believe otherwise. Those who are drawn towards a "sleeping NPC", may soon discover that magic doesn't need a physical manifestation to exist. This NPC was in fact not sleeping, but meditating using the energies of Aincrad's fallen players and channeling it to bring the hopes of the deceased forth in the form of a spiritual aura. This aura may be taught and improves upon regeneration buffs while reducing the time one is inflicted with debuffs.

This RP will not count in the benchmark.

Requirement: RP must be at least 1-2 pages and participants must have the "Battle Healing" combat skill already.

Reward: You will be gifted with the extra skill <>

Parties and Guilds are not allowed.

This is a copy and paste plus edit of the breaking the unbreakable quest already released. I'm using this as a template idea for those who are interested in getting this skill out there and available like me. If I made any mistake I am unaware of, I apologize and only wish to discuss this further until the final idea is released into the "quest" section.

Interesting, I had always envisioned the Meditation Extra Skill to be sort of an improved Battle Healing, like, perhaps a heal over time. You spend one post meditation in the specific pose mentioned on the SAOwiki, and then regenerate X amount of health over the next X turns. Almost how using a potion would work, except a skill.

Due to this being a skill though, it has a chance of failing if I assume correctly. This skill also takes up the place of two skill slots due to the idea it is an advanced battle healing and so if that is the case, potions would still be considered more ideal just from one hundred percent guarantee that it is going to work. Maybe instead of reducing the time of all debuffs, it actually gets rid of them all together if the skill initiates? As the skill levels up from usage, maybe then you can lose more and more critical debuffs?

Well, most Extra Skills are just that. An Extra Skill that is unlocked and can be applied after fulfilling the requirements. At the present time, a character can have 9 skills. Doing the Breaking the Unbreakable Quest unlocks the Martial Arts: Extra Skill which can then be added to the character sheet, not taking up one of those 9 initial skills. I would imagine that the Meditation Skill would be the same. The idea of it acting as a cleansing skill, ridding a player of poison or toxin effects is pretty cool though. Maybe it does a small heal, cleanses status effects, and protects against negative status effects for a few (3-5) posts?

Sounds good to me. I also did not know that the extra skills were obtainable through a tenth extra slot and have found myself a reason to update my Journal with another skill. The poison cleansing is a good idea as well, but since this is an MMO still at it's core and this skill is also an improved battle healing, we could have meditation level up how much hp it restores each turn and the length of posts it protects against certain ailments?