[PP-F1] A noob's first adventure (Manta)COMPLETE

Evac was bored. With no direction, how am I supposed to advance?!! He thought as he walked around the town of begginings. He didnt know what to do. At first, he thought about solo adventuring, but had second thoughts. He was walking around the city when the second thought happened, and said to himself-lets find a partner liam! I bet someone would be willing to help a noob and just chill out too. He wasnt paying attention to where he was going and bumped into a girl, a realitively cute well armed girl "Uhhh... Hi, I-my name is Evac."

Edited by evac

Manta stumbled a little as someone bumped into her, the darkened rapier at her side slipping off of it's hook and falling onto the ground. It was quite strange, as she was certain that she had fastened so that it wouldn't do that. She knelt down and picked it up, reattaching it to the hip of her equipment belt. She looked over at the person who had bumped into her, a friendly smile gracing her face. "Sorry, that was my fault. I'm Manta." She said in reply to his introduction. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you Manta! Sorry about that, I wasnt watching where I was going." Evac noticed just how armed Manta was. She obviously was high level. Evac hoped she was not upset with him, because the last thing he wanted was a scene that drew attention. He felt bad about making her raiper fall, although seeing her face when she picked it up told him that it wasnt secured enough. He really felt horrible about bumping into her. "By any chance do you know what people do for fun around here?"

In her opinion, there were only a few things that players did for fun, one of them being getting powerful weaponry, lots of col, and a unique skill, and then walking around and bragging about it. She didn't think that was what Evac was asking about though. "I'm probably not the right person to ask about that. I don't get a lot of free time. When I do I hang out with my friends. That is always fun." She said. "Dueling is a lot of fun as well, although I do that less often." She gave him a smile.

Evac thought to himself, ill die! And that, would be bad. Really bad, but Evac soon said "Is that a challenge? Wait dont answer that! Your like the only friend I have and I am already thinking about dueling.... I mean is that not a bad thing??!! Like one hit from you will kill me!! I don't want you to be a pker! Your nice! I-I dont want to die.... " Evac felt bad about blowing up on his new friend. "Im sorry I kinda well blew my top... Well Ive got nothing to do, so Im open."He hoped that she would not blow up back. He was dissapointed in himself and probably made her mad. "I am so sorry. I just do that sometimes when -I dunno. Will you forgive me?" Evac said refusing to look at the kindhearted Manta.

Manta frowned momentarily as Evac appeared to be over reacting to what she had said. She did  look pretty high level, and maybe her comment on dueling had been taken as a challenge. "No, of course not. We can duel when your stronger." She said, her frown evaporating and going back to a smile as he apologized. "I don't think you did anything that you need to apologize for." She said in a comforting voice before turning to leave.

P"No wait.. I uhhh, would still like to hang out... But I mean y-you, dont... Okay. Here it is.. Please just hear me out,  i really just want to talk, maybe hunt some mobs. Just enough to like lvl me up. Small stuff. Please." He said. He didnt know the consequences of what he had said. This is just a repeat of every friendship he had before. "Im not like that usually. I dont want you to leave. I figured from your ring, that you have at least a fiancee, but also thought that hey, we are both obviously healing from something horrible from our past. And even if you arent, I am.."

She turned back around to face him. She wouldn't call them friends exactly, having only met a minute or two ago, but he didn't seem to be a bad guy. "I'm not healing from anything horrible luckily. I do know that emotional scars can take a lot longer to heal than physical ones though." She smiled at him. She usually helped out lower levels whenever possible. "Sure I can help you out with leveling. It depends on what build youd like to be though. What's you goal for your skills?" She asked.

Evac thanked god under his breath and thought about her question. It was a good question, one that he had not thought about untill now." I dont want to be a tank, but I would like to get a Katana thats for sure... I guess I want to be an all around guy. Not that althletic or acrobatic. But definetly able to move around with agility.  I just want the skills that complement me. Is that good?" Wondering about his own question made him feel kind of giddy with excitment. These few minutes were meaningfull to him.

Manta raised an eyebrow he didn't want acrobatics, yet he wanted to move around with agility. That was a bit of a contradiction. "The best choice would probably be to pick a build and stick with it. I chose DPS, so all of my skills and equipment go towards hitting hard and fast. You sound like your leaning towards the DPS build, but also the tank a bit. If you want to be really strong it's important to specialize, and once you get to be a pretty good DPS or tank, start investing in some of the other builds skills." She said by way of explanation.

Evac thought hard about this. He had wanted to justs wait for the game to get cleared, and up untill a few minutes ago he was doing that. This talk with her really was peaking his intrest. "Ya know, I think I do want to go DPS. I never thought about that before, after getting good, doing other skills and stuff. Yeah, Dps! Ill go with that. Besides, I never have liked heavy armor, I want the light movable things. Thank you Manta!" He was greatfull to her for being this nice to such a contradictfull person. It amazed him, that a player would help a noob out this much.

Manta nodded to him, glad that he was able to come to a decision. "DPS is a really simple build. All you have to do is rank up your sword skills, and once you finish with that, rank up <<Charge>>." She suggested. Obviously he could do whatever he wanted, but sword skills were the best way to get your damage up. Damage dealing in this game was all about combos, at least at the moment.

Although he knew he probably shouldnt ask this, Evac wondered about why she was so courteous to noobs. While debating about wether or not to ask, he thought about possible offense. He finaly decided to ask it, but he had to figure out how he should ask it. "Uhhh, Manta... I dont want to bring up a bad topic or anything but why do you... More why arree you so nice to noobs? If you dont mind my asking, I just havent seen many players that do this."

Manta raised an eyebrow. All of the players she knew had respect for the lower levels. Maybe she just didn't hang out with a lot of people other than the front liners and that was why she'd never met anyone like that. "We're all people. I've never met any players that didn't have respect for lower levels, but that might just be because I don't hang around those people. We're stuck in this game together, and we have to work together to get out." She replied, wondering what sort of experience he'd had to make him think that all of the high level players were rude and mean to the lower levels.

Evac smiled at this for, he had seen nothing but rudeness from higher levels. After all, they were responsible for the death of his brother. "I just want to know your reasoning before I truly trust you. Im sure you are an awesome person and all its just that higher lvl people dont really seem nice to me. I mean I know not all players are the same, but my brother Sam was killed by a clique of high levels as an initiation stunt, but when they came for me, I ran. So I'm trying to be catious about this. That is partly why Ive been so emotional." Evac looked her in her eyes as he said this and thought, wow. I hope I didnt offend her.

Manta raised an eyebrow. That was a terrible story. Still, she had never heard of anything like that ever happening before. It was probably something that only rarely happened. Manta frowned sadly. Why did people have to do things like that? They needed to work together to clear the game. She didn't even think that this counted as a game. Games stopped being games when death became likely. "That's terrible. I cant imagine what that is like. Im sure you don't want to talk about it though. Sorry, Im probably bringing up bad memories." She said apologizing,

(OOC: sorry been at a symphony)

" Ha, nope, you didnt bring this up I did. Please dont feel bad! Its not your fault people arent as nice as you are. And you are right, I'd rather not go into details. But back to the topic before hand, fun stuff! What do you want to do, talk about, or kill? Just kidding about that last part. But still, I wanna do stuff!" Evac asked while he smiled. He hoped she did'nt take this the the wrong way, and promptly cringed at the thought of this.

Manta couldn't help feeling terrible for Evac. She hadn't done anything, but she could tell that the incident had shattered his self confidence or at least cracked it. She smiled at him. She was going to help him to regain his confidence as best she could. "Well... I need a bit of a break from the mat hunting and the front lines." She continued to smile, tilting her head to the side a little bit in a friendly way. "Would you be adverse to going to a café and just hanging out?"

(Ooc, ill be back on monday night. I have to take a trip) 

Evac smiled and said "that sounds wonderfull. Then again, as long as your in it its wonderfull." He liked this plan, although he had regrets about what he had just said, too late now, he thought. He knew that his story would be told as soon as he sat down. He liked where this was going though. He promptly said "I shall follow you Manta. I-... I trust you." It had been a long time since Evac last said those two words. A loooonnngg time. He had almost forgotten what they sound like, not to mentiom what he felt saying them. He hoped that she knew how much those words meant coming from him. Suddenly he remembered that-he had NO COL! "SON OF A B%t€#! Im sorry Manta, but it seems I have no col."

Manta's cheeks turned a little pink as he said that anything she was involved with was wonderful. She thought it was strange that they barely knew each other, and he was saying that he trusted her. Granted, it was easy to trust people in the safe zone where no one could hurt you. She understood that quite well. It looked like Evac was worrying about not having any col, which Manta thought was a bit funny. What sort of person would she be if she invited someone to a café with her and didn't pay? The only person she would do that with would be her fiancé, Sousuke, and that would only be because he always insisted. "Don't worry about it Evac, ill pay for both of us. Feel free to get whatever you'd like." She said.