[PP-F11] Come So Far (Grandmaster Thread with Lowenthal) COMPLETE

The irishman walked out of the Town of Beginnings and began to scan the fields around him. The land, despite being walked and fought on for so many months still looked exactly the same. Even the boars in the area still roamed in similar places to where Jomei remembered them.. where they were a lot more of a nuisance to the man, even going as far as almost killing him from time to time. He slowly stepped forward, his hands in his pockets, and his mind dwelling on the past. He had a lot of memories of the grassy plains around the Floor One city, mostly those of him finally learning to push out of the city and actually do something with his life. Walking into a small pen where two boars roamed on the far side, Jomei drew his Summerthorn from its sheath and observed it. He had this sword since the beginning.. even tried to switch off once for something different, only to go back to it after a couple of weeks. He smiled softly and let out a sigh, he had to thank Skylar for the blade and helping Jomei to get on his feet. Without his help, he would not know where he would be today. If his old friend were still around today, he would probably be quite proud of what Jomei had become. Once Skylar had disappeared, Lowenthal seemed to take his place.. but less as a mentor or person for him to look up to, and more of a friend. 

Speaking of the sandy haired tailor, Jomei had not seen him since their fight with the PumpKing, and even then Jomei did not have the chance to speak to the man. With a nod, and placing his rapier back into its scabbard, Jomei turned back for the Town of Beginnings on a set course for Albatross and Finch on the beaches of Floor Eleven. Stepping onto the warp pad where the large blue ring hovered, Jomei spoke softly, but confidently. "Floor Eleven. Taft." And with that, the man disappeared into a white flash. Moments later, his body materialized into the large city of Taft, the cathedral casting a shadow over the European feeling city. 

Lowenthal was relaxing on the beach, next to his shop. His shop had upgraded from his crudely made shack, as it featured wooden walls. Lowenthal thought about how far he had come, but how weak he still was. He had his own guild, and some close friends. He had fought massive bosses, field and floor alike. But he could never live up to the potential of the other front liners. People like Zel and the others of the Azure Brigade. He was a guild leader dammit, so why was he so weak. He thought back, to the 'Gemini' and how frustrated he was. Turned out that the Gemini was right all along. Lowe was him as much as Lowe was him. It just took a while for him to realize that now.

Lowenthal had retreated from the front lines, since his lackluster performance during the PumpKing. He was more then frustrated that he continued to be behind all of the front liners. And the fact that his guild was falling to shambles. The only person who continued to talk to him was Jomei. Zandra had sent him a message or two, but it mostly consisted of field work. And Piera had disappeared, without word. Much like a lot of people he knew. He didn't dare check his friends list, in case she had actually disappeared from it as well. When he heard the sound of someone walking, he tilted his head to look. "Oh, hey Jomei. What's up?" Lowenthal asked, sitting up and dusting the sand loose from his hair.

Jomei decided to make his way towards the sandy beaches of Floor Eleven. He always found that area to be interesting, for it seemed a little bit out of place for the floor it was one. At the same time, he found it strange that this beach, an activity that is usually packed with people in the real world, and the only one the people of Aincrad knew about, was almost always empty. Better for Lowenthal then it seems, peace and quiet. Stepping where sand met the grass, Jomei looked out at the horizon, where the blue sky met the blue waves. His eyes followed the waves that crashed into the sand, and noticed a familiar man lounging on the ground. With a smirk, Jomei deiced to approach him. It would seem Lowenthal already heard Jomei's approach, for he sat up and turned to greet him. "Hey Lowe." Jomei said with a smile, plopping down in the sand next to his friend. He looked out at the ocean again, "I feel like it's been forever since I've been out here on the beach." He turned to his friend, "How are you doing? I feel like I have not spoken to you much... since we lost contact with Piera and all."

Lowenthal let out a small sigh of frustration as Jomei brought up Piera's disappearance. "I'm sure she's fine. She and Lee are probably on some, romantic getaway or something." Lowenthal said,rubbing sand from one of his eyes. "And in terms of how I'm doing, things could be better." Lowenthal said. "I mean, I want to help the front lines, but how can I do that if I'm so laughably weak?" He asked his rhetorical question, and he flopped back into the sand. "I mean, Zelrius has that Unique skill, and all of his time on the front lines has made him so strong. How can I compare to that? I mean hell, even Ariel does more damage than me. Friggin Ariel!" Lowenthal let out a frustrated grunt, and rolled over of him belly in the sand.

The irishman shrugged his shoulders. He hoped that was merely it, that Lee and Piera were taking some time away to work on their relationship or something. In times like these, where we need to fight to survive, its easy to neglect that. He looked at the sand, hoping he would never neglect Zandra in any way. The man then turned to Lowenthal, who felt as though at his current level, he was no help to the front lines and was too weak. Jomei's brow pinched, "Well, thats why I joined you guys on the front lines in the first place.. so I could get stronger. And if you are able to beat me, then I guess that makes me really weak then, huh." he chuckled, not thinking he was too weak.. but then again not sure of himself now. He then mentioned Zel with his unique skill, "Yeah.. being able to have two sword like that definitely comes in handy.. with his damage rating, he could probably wipe the floor with a couple of the next boss fights on his own." he sighed. "Why haven't you considered taking on any of those rumors then.. try and get your own skill?" 

Lowenthal rolled back over, his face staring into the clear sky. Lowenthal let out a chuckle. "Well, would you believe me if I said I already have a lead on one?" Lowenthal said, as he sat up. "I'm so far ahead in my mind, but I'm lacking behind physically." Lowenthal explained, beginning to stand up. "But, enough feeling sorry for myself. Let's go check out another rumor." Lowenthal said, his jacket catching the beach's slight breeze. Lowenthal began his trek to a small cove at the end of the beach. "Alright, supposedly if you stare into the water long enough, you're supposed to 'face yourself' or something like that." Lowenthal said shrugging. "And afterwards, you find peace, inner power, blah blah blah. Honestly I was just grabbing at straws." Lowenthal said, crossing his arms.

Jomei raised a sharp brow when his friend mentioned he already had a the quest for a unique skill in his scopes. He shook his head with a quickly chuckle, "Lucky bastard." he said under his breath, smirking at him. "Well, then what the hell are you worrying about with being weak? Get yourself that skill and back at it... You wouldn't want me getting ahead of you in the game, now would you?" he hoped his little spark of competition would be enough to get Lowenthal out of the dumps. Standing up, Lowenthal mentioned he heard of another rumor that he invited Jomei along to check out. "Oh? Sounds like that Gemini character on Floor Six.." Jomei followed Lowenthal down the shore. He was happy to be by his best friend's side again. It had felt like forever since the two had gone out on their own adventure, ever since their first meeting down on Floor One. "You know.. I still remember when I first met you." he smirked, going down memory lane, "I totally interrupted you trying to talk to that Claire girl." he laughed. 

Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head. "Claire? Was she that french one?" Lowenthal asked, his memory not being the best. "It's been some time, like what now three months? Or was it six?" Lowenthal let out a nice laugh. "I remember how envious I was when Ahti preferred you over me." Lowenthal said, remembering that much at least. "Anyway, here's the pond." Lowenthal said, entering a small cavern like area which held a small crystal clear pool of water. Lowenthal peered into the water, and looked at Jomei. "You wanna try it first?" Lowenthal asked, with a smile.

"Er.." Jomei scratched the top of his head, looking up towards the sky, "I believe so...? Aye, that would have been six months ago." Honestly, to him, it felt like a lot longer than six months. Had he really spent all that time alone in bars until then? He laughed with his friend at his bad memory. He then brought up how Ahti, the girl both Lowe and Jomei had feelings for, preferred him over her. Jomei shook his head with a sigh, "I still don't know why you're saying that, lad. The girl showed no affection towards me in the slightest." His lips curved into a half frown, "Theres no knowing who it really was now though.. who even knows where she is..most likely dead, as much as I don't want to think about it." The two eventually entered a cave, where a small pool of water sat in the middle. Jomei followed Lowenthal to it and looked into it, "Me? You heard about it. You go first." he said with a chuckle. 

Before Lowenthal could speak his peace, he heard another voice echoing from the back of the cave. "Now, why would we go first? I mean, we prefer to follow anyway." A snarky voice echoed in the cave. It was distorted, as if three voices were speaking in unison. "I guess we like playing second banana, does that sound right? Me." Another Lowenthal said. Lowenthal turned, and drew his kunai. "What the? You again." Lowenthal questioned, thinking it was the gemini. The other Lowenthal laughed, seeming to read his mind. "Oh that loser? No, we killed him. Just like that helpless player by the river." Lowenthal gritted his teeth and spat back at the other Lowe. "Sh, shut up!"

"Oh boo-hoo. I feel so sorry for myself. Truth is, I'm the one who thinks everyone else is such a pain." The other Lowenthal said, looking at lowenthal. It's golden eyes glowing slightly in the dim lighting. Lowenthal took a small step back, shaken. "Who are you? I-I wouldn't think that!" 

"Yeah right. How long are you going to keep deluding yourself?" The other Lowenthal said, taunting lowenthal. "You're sick of everything. Especially trying to run this 'guild' of yours." Lowenthal looked down. "W-What?" Lowenthal looked at Jomei, then back to the other Lowenthal. "That's not true, I-" Lowenthal was cut off again. "You put on a good show of being carefree and Happy go lucky, because you're so damn scared of being alone. You've gotta be surrounded by people to block out the pain of isolation."

The other Lowe grinned. "And what's this about checking this pool out cause of a rumor? Hah, I know the real reason why you're here." Lowenthal's breathing was beginning to get heavier, as the other version of him was saying everything correctly. "St-stop it!" The Other Lowe Laughed. "Why so panicked? I thought I was just spouting bullshit. Or maybe..." The Other lowe drew a small kunai and spun it on one finger. "Or maybe I DO know everything that you're thinking! Why's that?"

"Because I AM you."

"You came here cause it sounded like a good time. What else is there to do in this dump? The place where our friends, our sister 'mysteriously' died? Boy, now that sounds exciting! You didn't have another single reason to come here now did you?"

Lowenthal dropped his kunai, and clutched his head in both of his hands. "That's not true! Stop... Stop it!"

"You're just trying to act like a big shot. If it all went well hell, maybe you could even be a hero!" The Other Lowenthal said, in a taunting voice. "And that Sis you were so sweet on." The Other Lowe grinned again it's demoner changing as it spoke. "Her death was the perfect excuse." Lowenthal spat out again, this time in confusion and anger. "That's not true! What are you? Who are you?" Instead of mocking Lowenthal this time, it spoke informatively. "I already told ya. I'm you...Your shadow...There isn't anything I don't know about you."

"To hell with that! I don't know you! You can't be me! You're nothing like me!" Lowenthal shouted, his voice almost echoing against the cave walls. The shadow Lowenthal looked down, and began to chuckle. "That's right, I'm not you. Not anymore." Shadow Lowenthal began to laugh. "I'm me now, see? I am a Shadow, the true self!" Lowenthal clutched his side, and dropped to one knee. Lowenthal felt sick to his stomach, unable to move. He wasn't like that, that wasn't him. It couldn't be him. As Lowenthal looked up, he could see a second figure appearing from the back of the cave. It's yellow eyes as piercing as the other ones. But his gaze wasn't focused on Lowenthal, but Jomei.

Lowenthal: [Fine]
HP:104/104 MIt: 25
EP: 26/26
---
Jomei: [Fine]
HP: 121/121 Mit: 18
EP: 29/29
---
Shadow Lowenthal: [Fine] -Can use rank 1-5 OHD Sword Arts-
HP: 105/105 Mit: 25
EP: 30/30
Damage: 9

Jomei's ears perked when he heard a strange voice echoing through the caves. Immediately, in the same motion as he turned around, he grabbed his rapier from its sheath and held it forward, the tip of the blade pointing towards the strange entity. He did not normally find himself doing this to people just entering the conversation, but the air in the cave suddenly turned stale as the familiar figure approached them. The man in front of them looked exactly like Lowenthal, just as the man had mentioned they would find here. Jomei kept his composure as he and Lowenthal argued back and forth, his gaze shooting over towards Lowenthal every couple of moments. Some of the things this fake Lowenthal were saying.. really made Jomei curious. Did it really know the man's thoughts? Was that even possible. 

The shadow Lowenthal's words brought his friend to his knees, and Jomei took a step forward, his Summerthorn still pointing dead at him. "You leave Lowenthal the hell alone." Jomei barked at the entity. From behind the shadow Lowenthal appeared another figure, a long cloak flowing from its shoulders, and piercing gold eyes.. well.. eye.. staring the man down. It was silent as it approached, only the sound of footsteps, accompanied by the scraping sound of the darkened rapier dragging at the stone floor. It stood next to Lowenthal, the lower half of its face completely covered by the large collar around its neck, and the one eye showing was full of apathy. 

Jomei felt his body shudder as he looked into his own eyes. "You really are pathetic.. you know that?" The irishman grit his teeth as the other Jomei slowly walked forward towards him. "You're standing here, defending that.. coward of a man who is on the ground behind you.. Yet you look up to him? Find yourself not worthy of his friendship? Even go as far to say he's stronger than you? Psh.. A damn fool you are." Jomei took in a deep breath, his hand shaking with the rapier in his hand. "Liar." he scowled through his grit teeth.

The shadow Jomei closed its eyes and shook his head, "Now if you really think you are weaker than that man behind you..then how the hell do you expect to protect Zandra? You know, I'm sure she would find herself better off with someone else who thought they could actually protec-" Before the man could finish, Jomei shot forward with a charge, bringing his sword down with a vertical cut. The shadow Jomei threw up his own blade to block it flawlessly. "Shut the [censored] up!" Jomei shouted at the man. "Oh-ho, now its like I'm the one looking in a mirror.. Go ahead, you know you want to release that anger and kill me... but of course, you don't want to be 'rude'.. the man you admire so much behind you offered to go first." The shadow Jomei pushed the real Jomei off of him and hopped backwards, behind Lowenthal's clone. 

Lowenthal: [Fine]
EP: 26/26
---
Jomei: [Fine]
---
Shadow Lowenthal: [Fine] -Can use rank 1-5 OHD Sword Arts-
EP: 30/30
---

Shadow Jomei:  [Fine] -Can use rank 1-5 Rapier Sword Arts-
EP: 30

Lowenthal picked up his kunai off of the floor. "Dammit!" Lowenthal said, looking at the pair of shadows. They both looked confident and stronger than the both of them. Lowenthal's shadow, held his kunai loosely and swayed his body back and forth. As if Lowenthal and Jomei were nothing at all to them. Lowenthal shot up and rushed at his shadow. Lowenthal gave out a yell and swung his kunai, aiming to do some damage. Lowenthal's kunai hit it's mark, but it seemed that his shadow was expecting that. Lowenthal's kunai was thrown upward as his Shadow Self blocked it effortlessly. "Yes! Just like that!" It shouted, as Lowenthal backed up quickly. "I am a shadow... The true self... I'll crush everything that bores me... Starting with you!"

ID: 39960 BD:4 [7-3] [+2 Acc till next hit]
MD: 2 [5-3] [+2 Acc till next hit]

EP: 24/26 [-2 Miss]
---
---
EP: 28/30 [-2 miss]
---

EP: 30

Jomei clenched his rapier in his hand as he watched Lowenthal and his clone fight each other. It seemed like they were a perfect match, Lowe's attack easily being blocked by his shadow. If this guy was exactly like Lowe, then they would basically just be in a dodging contest with each other, just trying to see who could land a blow first. Jomei decided he needed to step in and help Lowenthal. Charging forward, Jomei swung his blade at the sandy haired clone, but he missed his mark, and the tip of his sword crashed into the stone floor. He then felt a sudden presence of another in front of him, and he quickly ducked his body as a thin blade whirred over his head. Shadow Jomei sighed, "Leave it to me to be quick on their feet.." 

ID: 39961
BD: 2(+2)(-3) ((Damn you and your high EVA))
MD: 5(+2)(-2) Miss

EP: 24/26 [-2 Miss]
---
EP: 27/29
---
EP: 28/30 [-2 miss]
---

EP: 28/30

Lowenthal watched as his shadow self took a brisk step forward, effortlessly dodging Jomei's attack. Lowenthal found himself taking a step back. Was he, afraid? "You. What an eyesore. Seeing me as snivelling and weak as you, makes me pissed off!" Shadow Lowenthal said, using his own [concentration] ability. Lowenthal, unable to move felt the sting of a blade cut into him. The force was enough for Lowenthal to swing his arm in defense, but still he missed. His shadow self, dance back and taunted him further. "How long can you survive this?" He cried, as he laughed again. Lowenthal almost fell backwards as he clutched his chest. His shadow had used a Sword Art that he had never seen the likes of before. Nine powerful slashes, all at blinding speed. Almost like a hurricane of blades. 

ID: 39963
BD: 3[4+2-3] [Miss +2 ACC till hit]
MD: 6 [6+3-3]

HP: 48/104 MIt: 25 [81-25=56 DMG]
EP: 22/26 [-2 Miss]
---
EP: 27/29
---
EP: 19/30 [-9 Energy - Accel Raid]
Damage: 9 [9*9=81 DMG]
---

EP: 28/30

Jomei glared up at his doppleganger before lunging himself backwards to make some distance. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Shadow Lowenthal rush his friend, slicing up his body with a powerful attack, leaving Lowenthal's health well into the yellow zone. Jomei grit his teeth, and his eyes focused back on his own clone. He repositioned his body, lowering it to the ground and bringing his sword arm back. As soon as he saw his shadow take a step towards Jomei, he took off in a flash. not even a second had passed and the irishman was in front of his clone. He could see the changed look in his shadow's expression. He thrusted his gold glowing sword forward, piercing his enemy in the heart. His initial attack had all of the force of his body plowing forward behind it, and he followed up that attack with similar strikes to the gut, throat, and kidney regions. The man's clone staggered backwards with a pained yell. "You.. bastard.." he said glaring up at the man who had just attacked him. He himself yelled out, stepping forward and slicing his own rapier in a V formation on its side. With each strike, the shadow was able to hit both Jomei and Lowenthal, but their armor took pretty much the entire blow. 

ID: 39965
BD: 10 
- Charge activated (+1 dmg)
- Penetrate: 9(+2)(+1)x 4 x 2 = 96 (-18) =78 dmg
MD: 5(-2)(+2 Acc)(+2 Savvy) = 7
CD: 5 ((Used to determine enemy's sword art))
Sweep: 2x9 = 18 (AoE)

HP: 47/104 MIt: 25 
EP: 22/26 

---
HP: 120/121 Mit: 18
EP: 20/29
---
EP: 19/30 
---

HP: 43/121 Mit: 18
EP: 25/30

Lowenthal gritted his teeth, as he stood up. "Keep talking, dick." Lowenthal said to his shadow. Lowenthal rushed his shadow, crossing his kunai across his chest twice in rapid succession, creating a cross. Shadow Lowenthal grunted, and ducked back in pain. "You're getting to be a real pain... Alright, I'm gonna crush you with everything I've got!" Shadow Lowenthal said, grinning as much as the real Lowenthal was. "You're right. I am like that." Lowenthal admitted. "I did come here to find out what happened. I am bored with everything in this world. I'm you. And you're me." Lowenthal said, changing battle stances. "So, let's finish this!" Shadow Lowenthal seemed to smile, and grow more excited for the fight. "Alright, "Let's end this!"

ID: 39967
BD: 7 [8+2-3]
MD: 4 [7-3] [+2 Acc till next hit]

EP: 14/26 [-8 energy - Cross Slash]

---
EP: 20/29
---
HP: 58/105 Mit: 25 [72-25=47]
EP: 17/30 [-2 miss]
---

HP: 43/121 Mit: 18
EP: 25/30

The expression on Shadow Jomei's face had changed to that of rage, and even a little bit of fear. Jomei could understand why though, for his enemy's health was knocked well past its half way mark. The shadow let out a cry and charged forward at Jomei in a desperate attempt to land another attack. Jomei braced himself for the attack by holding his sword in front of him, planting his foot behind him. As the sword flew towards Jomei, he blocked it with his own rapier and returned fire. The two exchanged swift blows, their thin blades crashing into each other not even moments after each other. With a quick parry, Jomei knocked the rapier out of his shadow's hand. He then pierced his blade through one of his kneecaps, and another in the opposite thigh. The enemy fell to his knees, scowling up at the man standing over him. It looked as if the roles had reversed, Jomei the one with the blank stare looking down at his defeated self. "You better hope your next hit kills me." the shadow said with a pathetic laugh, "Because if I get back up, I'll make sure you, that coward Lowenthal, and Zan-" Before he could finish talking, he was tasting the cold steel of Jomei's Summerthorn. The tip of his blade was pierced through the shadow's open mouth and poked out through the back of his head. He then quickly pulled the blade and watched the clone of himself fall to the floor, and shatter into a rain of white pixels. It was strange, watching himself die like that.. Almost like getting a glimpse of what it would be like if SAO took his own life. With a sigh, he turned around to see how Lowenthal was fairing with his own battle. 

ID: 39991
BD: 6(+2)(-2) 
CD: 10 (+2 EP from Recovery)
MD: 2
Penetrate: 4x2x9=72-18 = 54

EP: 14/26 

---
EP: 23/29
---
HP: 58/105 Mit: 25 
EP: 17/30 
---

HP: 00/121 Mit: 18 (- 54 dmg)
EP: 26/30

Lowenthal rushed at his shadow self. His kunai clashing off of the other. The bout seeming to be completely even. Lowenthal had already accepted that this, thing. This monster in front of him was himself. He didn't know how or why, but he did. "Jomei, a bit of a hand here?" Lowenthal asked his friend, now seeing that they were down one shadow. If they got the fight done faster, who knows what sort of rewards that they'd get. 

ID: 40069
BD: 3 [4-3+2]
MD: 5 [6-3+2]

EP: 12/26 

---
EP: 23/29
---
HP: 58/105 Mit: 25 
EP: 15/30 

Jomei smirked, "I know you couldn't handle yourself." he said in a jesting tone. As he believed, Lowenthal was strong, so having to fight himself must have been tough. It would probably prove to be just as tough for Jomei to fight this shadow version of his friend as well. Nonetheless, Jomei put those thought aside and prepared a sword art. He lowered his body and brought his sword arm back. With one step charging forward, Jomei launched at the Lowenthal clone with one powerful thrust, piercing his opponent in the side and knocking him off of his feet. Jomei slid to a stop and stood, giving Lowe a look, "Alright. Finish him off." 

ID: 40080
BD: 8(+2)(-3) = 7
Charge activated
Shooting Star: (9+1)x7 = 70 - 25 = 45 dmg

EP: 12/26 

---
EP: 17/29
---
HP: 13/105 Mit: 25 
EP: 15/30 

Lowenthal reversed the grip on his kunai.There was a singular clash of kunais, then the sound of Lowenthal's kunai slicing his shadow once. Lowenthal spoke, as he began to chain slices over slices. "I'm sick of doubting myself! Sick of always being the one left behind in a cloud of dust!" He said, another three slices to his shadow. "I will beat this game! I will become the strongest Aincrad has ever known! I will protect my friends!" Lowenthal said, with another three slices. "And no one will stop me, not even me!" Lowenthal said, dashing forward and sheathing his kunai. His shadow self slowly fell backwards, smiling. "Thatta' boy. Go us...." He said, before shattering into blue data particles. Lowenthal sat down, almost out of energy. He looked up as he naw a notification. He let out a small grin. Lowenthal tapped away the notification, and lied down. "Well, that could've gone worse. Seeing as that other me could've killed us both should he had felt like it. You grandmaster your weapon as well?" Lowenthal asked his comrade.

ID: 40103
BD: 10 [10*7=70dmg] [70-25=45dmg dealt]

EP: 5/26 [-7 Star Light Splash]

---
EP: 17/29
---
Shadow Lowenthal: [Dead] -Can use rank 1-5 OHD Sword Arts-
HP:0/105 Mit: 25