[PP-F4] La Vie En Rose (Tristan)

Flints took a deep breath and pulled up her wolf mother's hood, the erect ears sat happily on the back of her head, the hood served its purpose and kept her warm from the cold, crisp air of floor four, as she walked to a place she had never been, it was becoming dark but she was told this is when it was best to visit the lake that was covered in thick ice, the night sky would be clear and perfect. And she couldn't think of anyone better to share it with than Tristan. She quickly searched for him on her friends list and shot him a not so brief message. "Hey Tristan, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up, I have something that's been on my mind as of late, I know it's going to be dark soon but I figured we can go to frostbite lake.." She hit send and felt her body start to shake with nerves, her stomach turned a bit. Was she nervous? She shook her head. Usually when it came to these sorts of things she was filled to the brim with confidence. But she loved staring up at the stars, so this would be perfect. She left out the fact that people went ice skating here but she had never done that before. "I hope he answers me.." She gulped nervously and continued her walk, taking in as much of the calm atmosphere as she could. 

Edited by Flints

Tristan's mind had been preoccupied lately. Sure, there was plenty questing and the like to keep him busy, but his mind had still very much Flints on his mind. It wasn't that he thought her answer was bad to his confession, it was just she clearly expressed needing time to think on it, and he was starting to grow impatient at himself over the entire thing, which was a weird scenario as he was generally a very patient man. Nonetheless, he really wanted see her answe-"Ping!". He had received a message.

Tristan opened the message and read it, as fast as possible typing "I'm on my way there." and going to Frostbite Lake, which was on Floor 4. It was soon the season for people to ice skate on it too, but that was not the point of this. It was seemingly clear that she wanted to give her full answer. Tristan trudged over to her location as soon as possible, eventually arriving there and seeing her in the distance as he walked over.

Flints wondered around a bit, taking in the scenery. The place was a lot bigger than she thought, just a huge clearing in the pines where a lake stood, completly frozen. It reflected the night sky off of it so well it seemed as though it was a portal into the galaxies far beyond. Surprisingly no one was there. Just her. The sudden crunch of someone else's feet near by startled Flints as she backed away from the ice, her curiosity almost getting the better of her, she turned quickly, her face sporting a nice blush over her copper skin. Everything was happening so fast. She looked up to Tristan who was now Infront of her. Her heart stopped and her voice caught in her throat. 

"Uh, hey..Tristan.." She looked down immediately stunned by her lack of words. She couldn't understand why he was the only person who made her confidence hide under a rock, no where to be found.

Tristan was on the entire journey, a rushed one mind you, trying to figure what he would say to Kita, since there was a lot to talk about most likely. Such as most likely what she wanted to say to him. His heart fluttered and did backflips in worry, probably being too paranoid for his own good. He sighed as he approached, then walked up to her and smiled when he was close enough, to which he was greeted in response of his presence. He gave a light smile and said "Hello Kit.". He thought for a moment how his height might make it awkward. He thought of something, then sat down on the snowy floor they stood on, which would lower the difference since most of his height was in the legs. He motioned to her and said "Let's sit down, since I have a feeling we should enjoy our time here rather than tire our legs.".

Flints looked up at Tristan then his sudden plop to the ground caused her to redden more, she backed up a bit and looked out to the ice again, before taking into consideration what he said. She plopped down beside him and shivered a little when the snow touched her skin. She looked up to the stars, in a curious wonder, she continued to look until she felt herself almost fall back. She coughed to clear her throat and smiled at him, she cursed the fact she couldn't rid of her flustered state. "Hello Tristan. So, I'm sure you're curious as to why I brought you here.." She looked at the distance between them curiously and wondered if she should scoot closer. "I guess I finally made up my mind. And I have a proper response to everything that's happened lately.." She trailed off. She didn't realize how bad she was making it sound, it kind of sounded more like she was going to turn him down, rather than admit her love for him. 

Tristan could not help their incredibly flustered state as they sat beside them, looking like she couldn't decide between freezing to death or dying in the heat of embarrassment. Either way, she was incredibly nervous and he decided to solve that by scooting over beside her and putting an arm around her shoulder, resting Kita on his his side, giving them the ability to still look at the stars. He was reminded of home, or at least when he lived in a rural village and not in the city and the stars are visible from light pollution. Plus that didn't have a floor above them visible like a ceiling of sorts, which certainly was an interesting sight to get used to.
Tristan smiled to her speaking lightly and looked at her by turning his head, attentive to what she had to say, though also keeping her protected with the arm around her.

When Tristan scooted to her she closed her eyes and took a slow breath. His arm around her allowed her to put hers around his ribs, pulling her close to his chest in a way, she kept her eyes on the stars for a brief moment before looking up to Tristan, her breath caught. Not nervously but in such a way she felt more calm, watching him protect her from the wind and the cold snow that slowly made its way to the earth that was Aincrad. She smiled at the thought of her whole world suddenly becoming whole. Tristan was here with her, holding her. 

"Tristan..." There was no going back now. "Tristan...its insane to think that meeting you was just chance, you changed my life, you made me a stronger person. And for that I thank you, I've gone through a lot recently. And I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the most painful thing I've ever experienced.." She clenched her free hand to her chest and closed her eyes at the thought. "But I've made up my mind. And here we are.." Flints gave him a light squeeze. " And I want you to know you mean the world to me. And I want to be with you, every moment I spent with you made me feel as if time stood still, and in that time all I wanted was to be near you, to embrace you, and get to know you better. When those moments ended I realized all I could think about was you. And how happy you make me, without even trying, you had become my world..and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I didn't want to." Flints was now looking up into Tristan's eyes, her sudden confidence was fueled by her pouring her heart out before him and hoping he wouldn't just leave it out in the cold. "I want to be with you Tristan. And eventually...I want to wake up beside you. I want to hold you at night and I want to have you tell me everything and anything that comes to mind, I want to protect you from all the things that your tanking can't, your past; That pain. I'd be damned if I ever let something like that ever hurt you again..." Her voice cracked a little at the end, her warm honey tone shifted a little higher, she looked away only briefly before looking back up to him. "Tristan..." She whispered. Waiting for him to respond at this point was painful. All the feelings she had held in and let build up to this moment suddenly came foward, no longer hiding behind her very own shield she used to protect her heart. All bets were off, her defense was gone. It was just her, pouring her soul to this man who held her in the cold. She opened herself up completly to him. She wanted him to know he was her everything. "Tristan...I love you..."

As Tristan wrapped herself around him, he used his other arm to hold her close, keeping her in tight, though not so much that it crushed her, since that was just plain rude. He stayed in place as she relaxed into him, feeling a light fuzz on his body where her hand rested. His breathing was calm and relaxed, more so as hers did the same while under his protection.
Then...then came the spilling. He was awfully reminded of when he did the same before she went off to think, when he laid himself bare in front of her, though not in the literal sense. He had spilt all that was gnawing at him, and and now she was doing the same, admitting everything she felt. Her tone made it sound oh so true, because it was raw with feeling. The more she spoke, the more he felt his body to a weird mixture between bursting in happiness and wanting to hold her closer to him. After she finished, she then closed it off with those last few words. He took a deep breath out, as though releasing a lot of tension, and felt his body relax a lot. He took a light hearted though low chuckle, as though a great burden had been lifted, then gently cupped her cheek as he stared her directly in the eyes. "Why stare at the stars in the virtual sky, when there are so many in those two eyes of yours? I want to gaze upon those stars of you for the rest of time. I love you Kita.", then gently moved his head with hers and gave her a light kiss on the lips. He rested his head on hers, such that their mouths were only millimetres away from each other, though he wanted to see how she responded to the kiss first.

Flints watched Tristan carefully as she spoke all that was the weight of her world. She was shaking a little, it dawned on her that she spoke from her heart, that all this flowed freely, she realized her walking here, all that time alone, she didn't spend it thinking of what to say to him. These words she gave him were truely from her heart. She kept her eyes on his, she became lost in them, not realizing she was leaning into him until he spoke. That was it. All she needed to know that he cared for her just as much. He leaned into her and kissed her, the world became a blur, she became dizzy in ecstasy. All the loving feelings colliding at once she felt as though her heart was going to burst. His soft lips pressed into hers, the warmth was unforgettable. And just like that it was over, he pulled away and looked into her eyes again. She wasted no time and kisses him again. She leaned into him and pressed her lips gently to his. She body shivered in fear, a tiny part of her said he was going to pull away, that he was going to reject her. But she didn't care, his warmth, even if it was brief, was all she needed. She didn't want to speak at this moment. She just wanted his lips to stay on hers for as long as possible. Affirming their love for one another. 

Tristan could only respond with happiness as she seemed to enjoy the kiss and reciprocated it. Tristan held her cheek firmer and her body as close as possible, his mind effectively screaming to be as close to her as possible. He felt his mind almost explode with positive and warm emotions, his brain almost floating away with his heart as they did so. When she returned the kiss, this time she was not one to break it, something Tristan was not about to stop her doing so either. He felt like all their pent up emotions were finally releasing unto each other before they burst like a bubble from it all. He kept kissing her further over and over, feeling his body naturally bringing her body towards his. Not even in a sexual manner, but in compassion to bring her in for a tight embrace for the kiss, the hand that was around her shoulder no over it and into her hair, holding the back of Kita's head and massaging it. "Well, I think I just got a new dependency." he jested between kisses, feeling like he could never get enough of these. 

Flints couldn't get enough of Tristan. She soon had her arms around his neck and was pulling him to her, she felt their closeness and accepted it. She loved it. She begged for more kisses. She promised herself she would treat this right, take things slow. She was afraid to move quickly anyways. It wasn't like her. She still needed to learn everything about Tristan. From his favorite colour, to what he thought about before he closed his eyes at night. Flints felt Antillian's warm body behind her, curled up and ignoring her and Tristan. When Tristan finally spoke In between their kissing she grinned and kissed him again. "I would say that any form of addiction is bad, but there's no way something this good could be bad for one's health." She whispered breathlessly. Resting her forehead against his, staring into his eyes, the strange mix of blue and sea green was alluring. She couldn't help but get lost. 

Edited by Flints

Tristan enjoyed their closeness as they kissed, the mutual warmth shared by their bodies pleasant and a polar opposite to the cold all around them as they had their moment. Tristan chuckled to what she said and broke the kiss, then hugged her tightly, bringing her head over his shoulder so they were even closer in their embrace. He gave a kiss to Kita's neck then said "You know, I don't think any of expected to go through so much effort to reach this. But...I don't regret it either. If anything, it is testament to our love for each other, at least I like to think so. So don't worry or beat yourself up over any of what has happened, as it hasn't changed my love for you, if anything it has strengthened it. Since you've clearly thought about it and to an extent made me work for it to show on both ends that we really do care and that it isn't a whimsical infatuation.". He kissed her lips and stroked her cheek as he looked at her and smiled, saying "To be with you makes me happy, and I can't wait for us to become closer too as we get to know each other more.".

Flints smiled at Tristan, her eyes never leaving his. This sort of vulnerability was the thing one reads of in story books. A mischievous grin spread across her face as she tugged lightly on the tank, but with enough force to pull him down with her. She smiled up at him again, a full grin that she rarely showed anyone, all her straight, sharp, white teeth accounted for as she looked into his eyes again with wonder. 

"I want to know everything about you. even your darkest secrets." She kissed him again, savoring every second of it. "you are a strong human." She giggled. "But even the strongest of things have a weakness. I don't want you to have any weaknesses. I want to make you as strong as you can be. I want to protect you, in any way possible." She blushed at her little confession. As Flints' silly thoughts came foward, she realized just how in vain they were. But none the less her heart told her to tell him everything. She didn't know what the future held. So she needed to get everything out now. "Tristan, please be with me.." She whispered, her body trembled. 

Tristan giggled when they kissed, then was suddenly pulled down to the floor on top of her. His elbows leaned on the floor either beside of her, crunching in the snow. He had one hand hold her cheek and stroke it as he lowered his head for more kisses. He had gone far to try and be with Kita, and now this was his reward and he was going to go fully with it to give to this precious woman of his. He chuckled as she spoke, replying with "Well I've already given you mine, even if in a concise format so it was not as long winded. If we ever want to do story time with Tristan though I'll bear that in mind. And everyone has their weaknesses and we can never get rid of them. However we can recognise and compensate for these weaknesses. Why do you think I want you as my damage dealer?" he giggled and kissed her. To her last sentence he smiled and pulled her back up to sitting with him and Tristan dug out some things out of his inventory saying "Oh by the way, I have something to give you.".

Flints gave a little huff when he pulled her back up. She was tired and wanted nothing more than to lay with him. She looked back up at the sky and help onto Tristan tightly until he told her he had something for her. She stared at him curiously as he fumbled through his inventory, she cocked her head slightly and looked back up at him, her brow furrowed. "Something to give me? But you've given me so much, but I'll gladly take your heart as well~" she purred and kissed his cheek. Whatever Tristan was up to she welcomed it. 

Tristan grinned as he saw her curiosity and took the items out to materialise them in closed hand. "Well let's just say this will show that we definitely have each others heart then.", then opening his hand to reveal two rings (appearances linked in description below). One was a jade crystal ring, thus clearly intended for Kita, the other a blood red like Tristan's hair. "The Jade Fang and the Lion's Mane. I decided to have yours model your own theme and that I should have one to complement it well. It will boost your accuracy so you hit more, your evasion which will cap out on equipment with this equipped to 3 (4 with the skill Acrobatics) and Recovery. It was only recently craftsmen have figured out how to make recovery, which is whenever you are attacked, even if you are missed, you'll recover an extra energy. Plus well, it's a very pretty ring. They even look near the same except for the crystal colour. I realise it means it clashed with your wolf armour when you later equip your weapon, but you know I'll happily fund you to get some vanity armour to put over any you have on, in case the armour being skin tight makes you feel too comfortable. Plus you need to keep the cute ears look. For now though, I'll place it on your ring finger. It is called a ring finger after all, so where else would I place it?" he ended with a giggle. He took the Jade Fang placed it onto her left ring finger, doing then the same with the Lion's Mane on his own. 

Item: Jade Fang
Item Type: Trinket
Quality: Perfect
Enhancement: +1 Evasion +1 Accuracy +1 Recovery
Description: Appearance Linked

Item: Lion's Mane
Item Type: Trinket
Quality: Vanity
Enhancement: None
Description: Appearance Linked

Flints gasped at the rings Tristan produced and embraced him tightly, almost dropping the two into the freezing snow again. She became extremely flustered and couldn't think of what to say, she felt his warm, soft hands grasp hers as he pressed the ring onto her finger, the fluster didn't leave as she noticed he pressed it onto her left hand's ring finger. She looked up at him a little shocked but couldn't think of anything to do other than kiss him, a little rougher than before but a kiss none the less. She grinned at giggled at the mention of her ears. "Ah so you've noticed them" she quirked an eyebrow and looked up trying to see the large ears that sat too far back on her head for her to actually see them. She gently pawed at them to rid them of any snow and smiled back at Tristan. "Well I like the ears and the skin tight armor.." She trailed off and looked down at herself, she had forgotten how much the armor actually showed and instantly became flustered yet again. 

After Tristan put the ring on the both of them, he found himself pounced by Kita for the gift, being given rough kisses that he responded to in kind and smiled into, wrapping his own arms around her waist and shoulders to keep her body close in the cold to stay warm. He was glad that she liked the gift a lot clearly, as he was worried she wouldn't like it. Plus he had payed quite a bit, 2000 Col to be exact to Teayre to have them made and she was one of the highest ranked artisans in Aincrad. Tristan chuckled to what she said and responded with "Who wouldn't notice those ears? Only moles probably. Either way though, we should go to a merchant for some good tier armor then for more cute ears.", gently fluffing the ears as he spoke. He was pleased that she was so happy, as he felt this ring completed the set as so to speak and kissed her again, saying " Well today here was fun. What do you want to do now?".

Flints looked around, the night sky, the stars and the man she loved. Everything was perfect. When he spoke she felt her heart ache a little, the idea of him leaving stung. But she knew eventually they would have to leave this place. She stared out at the ice again, curiously wondering if she could play on it. Her eyes wondered back to Tristan thinking on what he said. "What do I want to do now..?" She thought. In the back of her mind she thought about how sleepy she was. She stood and reached for Tristan's hand to help him up and decided maybe they should walk back to town. At the same time she didn't want their night to end. She just wanted to stay here and talk to him as much as possible. "More cute ears?" She looked up at her hood and laughed "my ears are the cutest!" She huffed jokingly, covering them with her hands to no avail as they sprung back up. "And I really don't mind what we do, so long as we do it together." She then hooked her arm to his and held onto him tightly. 

Tristan chuckled with a closed mouth and nodded to what she said, replying with "Well it is probably possible to equip the ring and all, but the enhancements on the armour will become inactive and classify it as a vanity piece of equipment. That it when you equip the claws later. But yes, your ears are the cutest." he spoke, playing with his free hand one ear more. After a while he noticed they both acted rather sleepily and stroked his chin in thought. "Hmmm. I have an idea. I mean, you must be rather tired or such from waiting for me in this frozen place. So I'll do the work for you.". He smiled and used his free arm to hook under Kita and lift her into a bridal/princess carry position, then began walking. He was naturally strong as it was and high levelled, so it was very easy for him to keep her safe carrying like this, walking to his store/house on Floor 2.