[PP - F2] I've heard there's a queen here? «Long Live The Queen» (Lessa)

It was mid day on the second floor. Sun was shinning and other things were..... who really cares? Those were some of my thoughts as a certain brunette youth, about 19 years old was trying to make me pay attention to his words. He was explaining to me the details of a quest that I've send him to fetch from a certain whiskered information broker. It was not cheap and I've already ran through the data but he stubbornly insisted with his youthful passion that we review it together. Well I call him youthful but I'm barely older than him... 3 years or so splitting us apart. My gaze wonders off to the distant horizon as my mind drifts away with ethereal matters.

"My lord.....my lord... MY LORD!!!!???" a beast like scream comes from my left side and awakes me from my idle daydream. With a lightly displeased face I turn my head and face the source of it. The young man, wearing a butler-like outfit had his arms crossed and a irritated expression. I soften up at the sight and ask with a smile: "Sorry there Darius, you were saying something?" I say with a fake innocent tone, while brushing a few strands of wild blonde hair backwards. He showed a displeased face and then after a exasperated  sigh talks in a normal, yet a bit too formal for my taste, tone: "As I was saying... this 'Wasp Queen' is located at this floor. It has a bit of a high damage so we will need to use one of our shop's crystals and another one to increase your damage as well. Also I've taken the liberty of removing some HP potions just in case your lord's health drops into a danger zone. "

I nod to him out of reflex but again pay little attention to his words. After straightening up my white rose shirt, a present from a certain blonde patron of mine, I address him: "If you're so worried about my health why don't we bring someone along with us?" He winches to the casual manner that I refer to my own health and answers while rubbing his forehead. "That was the first thing I thought about but unfortunately, my master is not the most sociable player in Aincrad. Except for Miss Ariel and Miss Teayre, your contact list is practically empty. And I doubt they will take their time from the front lines to help out of the goodness of their heart." He made his point, as we were walking through the main settlement of the second floor. Our discussion was quite loud, more due to the fact that I managed to aggravate my assistant who had a short fuse, so anybody that was around could easily hear it.

I settle with a blank "Is that so...?" and continue my way. Darius on the other hand let another exasperated sigh and walked along, trying once again to get my attention on other detail regarding the quest.

"Excuse me, ma'am!"

The stranger's cries caught the blonde completely off-guard. Her breath hitched in her throat, only slipping out in a strangled gasp when the man clapped her on the forearm. She rounded on him, blue eyes as wide and wild as stormy seas. How dare he just grab her in such a manner? Of course they were in a safe zone, and she had nothing to fear from him, but those instincts did not simply disappear when she entered into the city limits. Occasionally, Lessa found herself wondering if she would ever relax, even after she had escaped Aincrad. Months of being on alert had made her more skittish than the foals she had weaned back home.

If her expression of shock mingling with anger had had any impact on the man, he did let on. Rather, his gaze found and held the girl's, his own eyes searching hers frantically. His appearance, she noted from the short time she had examined it, was incredibly unusual. Was that a butler's uniform?

"I am so sorry to impose, ma'am," the stranger continued, "but I am in desperate need of your help."

Lessa's lips turned downward. Requests for help were not foreign to her, as she had been aiding numerous players throughout the past year or so. But the urgency in this man's plea put her on edge. "What do you need?"

"Judging by your gear, you look like an experienced player. My young charge is convinced that he can take on the Wasp Queen by himself, but I do not think it wise."

Now, the blonde's forehead creased with worry. "That was smart," she told him, "because Wasp Queen is very tough for new players."

Her words somehow relieved and unnerved the man at the same time. "Would you be willing to go with him? To ensure that no harm comes to him?"

There was no hesitation behind her words. "Take me to him."

Making my way onwards, my eyes move towards my left once I take notice of the unusual silence emanating from there. "Darius...is something....." I cut my words short as I see that the place where once my assistant stood is now empty. Where did he go? I stop on my tracks and look around. No signs of him...dammit where did he go? I start getting anxious as a grim expression takes over my features. He couldn't just get lost he wasn't some happy-go-by kid. "Draci!!!!!"(Devils!) a Romanian swearing word slips out of my lips as I focus on my surrounding. Different 'bad' scenarios were running through my mind as I unconsciously dismissed the most basic one.

I loosen up the tense as I saw the familiar brown head and butler uniform dashing towards me. There you were! I was about to shout but I notice another figure next to him. Despite being clad in almost full plate armor she  was moving with the agility of a feline. In remain silent at the scene as the two come into my close proximity. I look at the girl first and then address my assistant in a lightly harsh tone: "If you're going after ladies at least give me a heads up first! Geez... you must have something for crimson since you first fell for that Teayre chick and now for this crimson clad lady." I avoid mentioning that his sister is crimson haired as well to not make him look like somebody with a sister complex.

With a relieved sigh I put my hand on his shoulder as he receive my words with his head hung down. I crack a soft smile saying: "Don't make me worry like that again k?" I turn towards the new face and made a light bow. "I'm sorry if he caused you any trouble, my lady." not forgetting the proper form of addressing a young woman, despite this being a game I seen to not be able to let go of RL habits. In that moment, Darius raised his head and with some newfound conviction spoke to me, despite blushing up to his ears: "Is not like that my lord, I've asked for her to help us"...

Edited by Dracul

Confusion clouded her gaze, but her expression remained etched in stone as she looked from one player to the other. Her mind raced as she attempted to put the pieces together. Were they friends? Siblings? No, that was not quite right. While the younger boy treated the older like a brother, the age difference made her doubtful. Furthermore, there was the man's strange outfit to consider. And he had called the boy his 'charge.' Was the man actually a butler? HIS butler? Scenes from Black Butler returned to her, but she forced them away with a sharp cough.

"He was right to ask me for help," Lessa informed the youngest of the pair. While he was still older than she was, she felt a bit like she was scolding a child. "That is a very hard quest, especially at such a low level." Her tone was deathly serious as she added, "and going alone would be a death sentence." She looked the boy up and down once, twice, and then heaved a soft sigh. It was incredibly important to her that he understood the dangers that lurked on even the lowest floors. If she could strike the fear of God into his heart before the conversation was up, then she had done her job. But at the same time, that happy smile, and the happy twinkle in his eye reminded her of how she was before the game left its scars.

When she spoke again, her voice was softer, and far gentler. "Your friend asked me to join you, to make sure that you make it out alive. My name is Lessa."

I raised my eyes in surprise at Darius's statement and decide to shut up and listen to the blonde haired lady. My eyes kept deviating from her ocean blue ones to the almost flaming yellow of her long hair and the curves that were outlined by her crimson armor. I was already aware that clothing was on a apparent one size universal fit so I doubted that what was before my eyes was less than what she actually possessed. As for the scolding-like attitude and serious tone... It passed through me like water through a valley to the point that didn't had any effect on me since I have under my care a couple of very...VERY ....'devoted' brothers that seem to be on my case about everything I do. Apparently I'm too easygoing about the world around me and treat it like my personal playground....PFFFT what do they know?

One word... or one sentence, brought me out of my internal review of her and myself. 'My name is Lessa' I snap out of it and show her a smile..different from the 'practiced formal' one I use when meeting new people. To my surprise I didn't have to strain my facial muscles to form it... it came out painless and natural. A bit surprised by the fact, I introduce myself in a bit of a clumsy way despite trying to keep the formal 'mask' on. "A pleasure to meet you my lady, I appreciate your kind offer and will take it. I still don't think that this 'queen' is above myself but at least you seem to be a better company than a certain nagging brunette what does as he pleases and goes after strangers." My eyes glanced at Darius for a second then returned to Lessa. "Allow me to introduce myself as well, my name is Dracul Vladislav The Third... but as this is a mere game, Dracul or Vlad is sufficient. Whichever you prefer Lady Lessa." I say with with a light bow while I put my right hand in front of my chest a a bit above stomach level and the left one behind my back

Words like 'low level' and 'death sentence' didn't have any effect on me. My pride wouldn't allow it and seeing as people tried to make me stop from doing things, I'd get more motivated to do so. But little to none knew of this 'noble pride' I kept inside me and I intended to keep it that way. To the outside word..well outside virtual world, I may seem like an arrogant schmuck but only I know of my blood ties with a certain ruler from the 15th century.

Seeing my action, the boy dressed as a butler does a more deep bow while keeping his hands parallel with his body: "I'm called Darius my lady, please forgive me for my forcefulnesses earlier....I was.. acting on instinct rather than judgment. I am lord Dracul's humble servant" With a satisfied nod after looking at his perfect posture and poor choice of wording, I return my gaze at the wild blonde beauty. "Well he's my assistant at the shop but I let him and his sister call themselves whatever they please at this point. I'm too tired of correcting, telling them that they need not act this way and dress in that manner outside the shop." A soft sigh escapes my lips as I try to dismiss the topic as quickly as possible, awaiting her reply.

Edited by Dracul

Her expression hardened once more. "You're a stubborn one," she commented, her disapproval clear in her tone. I've met so many like you, she wanted badly to continue. Eager, determined players. Players who think that they're still invincible, that their passion for saving others can allow them to do the impossible. I've seen that same gleam in their eyes. But I've seen the horror too, the wide-eyed shock just before they burst into shards of data. For a moment, she felt a bit like she was going to throw up. She worked her jaw to keep the emotions, and her gag reflex, under control.

Her blue eyes slipped behind her eyelids as she paused for a moment, reaching a single hand up to rub at her right temple. "Alright," she murmured a few seconds later, gaze moving to the pair once more. "I'll help you kill the queen. And I'll give you pointers as we go. I want to make sure that you have the necessary skills when you finally do venture off on your own." There was a finality in her tone that closed the door on any argument, yet she suspected he would still offer some.

Now, she directed her words to the older gentleman. "It's fine, Darius," she assured him. As she spoke, she queued up a party invite, and addressed it to both players. "I'm happy to see that Dracul has someone looking out for him." The next words she spoke were uncharacteristically hollow. "Not all of us have the same good fortune."

I hear the brunette give a relieved sigh from my side once he heard Lessa's words. "You have no idea, milady. Your words honor me!" Well, do as you like... in the end it looks like she's going with Dracul* ... good choice. I rather liked her tone now, even if it was clear enough that she had much more to say. I enjoyed seeing those eyes burn with passion but something happened midway that made me unconsciously drew a step closer to her: "Are you alright?" I asked yet again surprised a bit by the concerned tone I wore.

But she quickly recovered and seemed irritated at me again, making me think that my previous inquiry was out of place. Then she yet again affirmed her support for us, even if here eyes seemed to shot daggers at me in particular...or was it my imagination? but that demanding tone kept fueling my drive to oppose her. "Milady, you will see that I have all the necessary skills and more." confidence and the arrogance resulted from it, both being very vivid in my speech a natural treat of someone of noble birth. "Please lead the way!" I said while accepting the party invite. Darius did so too with a bow and a bright smile on his face like a kid looking at his Christmas present. 'Its not like that' he says..... you little liar.

*OOC note: Actual modern translation in Romanian is 'The Devil' but when referring to it now, the character has in mind the medieval Romanian historical name that had attributed to it the meaning 'Dragon', instead of the recent modern adaptation.

' Actually Dracul is 22 and Darius is 19 years old. Sorry if I made you think otherwise.

" In the end its like you mentioned, Darius and his sister are non-journal players used for RP fodder. I'll have to get them some decent backgrounds.