[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> The Fourth Floor Is Cold, I Need A Jacket (Emerath, Endilix)

Eliziana had heard about a quest on the Third Floor during her time in her inn hopping where she could get a nice coat to wear. Emerath had asked her to move onto the Fourth Floor to his shop, but she had nothing warm to wear! And so, she had decided to do this quest, but at her level it would've been difficult. Of course, Emerath and Endilix both had told her this would be no problem, Emerath gave her a winning smile, and off they went to go talk to Griswold the blacksmith. As she pushed her way into the shop, she looked at the burly man and his wife and gave them a smile as he asked her what he could do for her. She gave the man a wave and said, "I'd like a nice warm jacket to wear on the Fourth Floor! Do you think you can make that for me?" The man considered this, and gave a nod, as a quest popped up in front of her, asking for her to slay an enemy for a certain material. "A Dark Elf? Got it! Thank you sir!" she happily said as she turned and gave a wave, and exited the shop again.

Emerath was waiting outside the shop, and she took his hand and led him along towards the city gates happily, as she turned to him and said, "You know, it's not so bad talking to NPCs... I don't get nearly as nervous."

Emerath had been standing outside the blacksmith quest giver's shop for some time, hoping that Eliziana would actually be able to even start the quest without getting too nervous, but she had suddenly burst out of the shop and before Emerath knew it he was being dragged along by the hand to the city gates. "Ah, I'm glad..." he managed to get out, as he was dragged along, "We have to kill the Dark Elf right?" He knew the answer but he couldn't think well enough to come up with a proper conversation topic as he was rushed off to the city gates. 

Edited by Emerath

Endilix had honestly not been up for doing much, and was a bit relieved that his brother had asked him to go do a quest. Getting out of his bar and getting some fresh air was always a good thing, especially during times of healing. As was smashing monsters in the face. Although, the reason for being asked out was certainly an odd one. Emerath had mentioned helping a new guild recruit, and it was a girl he seemed to be very fond of, despite that Endilix himself had never heard the name. He had shrugged it off, and decided to just wait to meet her before passing any judgement. If Emerath truly was sweet on a girl, perhaps it would do the man some good rather than having him cooped up alone in his shop all the time.

As Endilix waited at the city gates, he popped open his menu, and pulled up his brother's location finder. Only to see that he was going, rather quickly, towards him on the Third Floor. He blinked at it, and closed his menu, looking off in the direction they appeared to be coming from.

Eliziana didn't really realize how forcefully she was dragging Emerath along until he seemed to only just be able to push out a sentence as they ran. She slowed down and released his hand before saying, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm just excited!" She blushed a bit, as she wrapped her arms around herself and tried to keep a quick, but steady pace towards the city gates. As she approached, amongst the hustle and bustle of the gate she noticed a man standing there that looked identical to Emerath in every way, except for the earthy brown armor and actual hammer and shield equipped. "Hey, it's Dael... I mean... you said his name in game is Endilix?" she asked, turning to Emerath as they approached. "He's not going to think it's weird... uh... us, right? I mean, whatever we are." She blushed again and gave a nervous giggle, before looking back to Endilix watching them approach.

Emerath was a bit relieved as Eliziana stopped pulling his arm off as she pulled him along, sighing a bit as he pulled his glove back on. She had almost managed to pull it off in her excitement, but he couldn't even be too upset. He was happy to see her so excited, and he hoped it would last. As she asked, Emerath began to answer her questions in turn as they got closer to Endilix waiting at the gates, saying, "Yes, his in game name is Endilix, and... I'd rather not discuss us yet. Especially considering recent events. I don't want to risk him having a breakdown because his brother is sweet on a girl." Emerath did still take her hand and give it a light squeeze though, to show that he still cared, and he followed that up with, "But that doesn't mean you mean any less to me. And everyone will know that in time if everything works out."

He let go of Eliziana's hand, hopeful that Endilix wouldn't notice or read too much into it, as they finished their approach. Emerath gave a light bow to his brother and said, "Thanks for coming out today. This is Eliziana, Eliziana, this is Endilix. He will be our designated tank for the day, and our job is to murder that Dark Elf as hard as possible. Think everyone is up to the task?"

Endilix watched his brother, and who he would assume was the girl he had mentioned, approach. They kept a quick pace towards him and appeared to be conversing about something while they approached. Endilix watched the two share, what at a glance appeared to be cute little gestures with each other and he gave a bit of a sigh, trying not to think too much about that. When they finally reached him, Emerath introduced them and Endilix gave a nod to Eliziana, simply saying, "A pleasure. Any friend of Emerath's is a friend of mine," and following up on Emerath's question with, "Of course. It'll hit me in the face, and you'll kill it. Same plan as always." He smiled at his brother and began to walk out of the city gates, hopefully with his new companions in tow, to find the Dark Elf wandering the prairie. 

As Endilix joked about getting hit in the face, Eliziana couldn't help but giggle. She had heard Emerath talk about Endilix a lot in their time in the real world, but she had never had the pleasure of meeting the man previously, and from what Eliziana could tell he was certainly everything Emerath said he was. He was a lot more, I suppose you could call it simple. He didn't seem to worry too much about things, as he made his way out into the field, though Eliziana supposed that being an armor clad warrior would make anyone worry less. Eliziana idly wondered about herself, and what she'd be in Aincrad. The brothers here seemed to be well set in their paths, but Eliziana was still a blank slate. She frowned a bit, wondering if she'd ever actually even be useful as a combatant.

As Endilix walked out, Eliziana started to take a step to follow him, but the realization that she was leaving a safe zone suddenly hit her, and she stood there, frozen. She began to shake a little and turned to Emerath with a frown. She couldn't move her legs forward anymore, and suddenly she was on the verge of tears, as if the idea had never occurred to her that she would have to leave the safety of the city to go kill this monster. "E-E-Emerath! I-I-I...." she stuttered badly, as her body shivered, "I-I-I'm.... s-scared... t-t-to leave the c-c-city!"

Emerath was about to follow his brother, when Eliziana suddenly seemed distressed. He turned to the girl and a worried frown crossed his face as he walked over to her. Emerath moved to stand in front of her as he said, "What's wrong? It's okay. We're here to protect you. Especially Endilix. He can literally roar at anything that even thinks of attacking you and make it hit him instead." Emerath smiled at her and looked into her eyes, wiping away the beginnings of tears. "Come on, I'll hold your hand while we go, and you'll see, everything will be okay." And with that, he took Eliziana's hand, and began to make the motion to walk away from the city gates, hopeful he had managed to calm the girl enough to get her to follow.

Endilix hadn't expected a delay from his companions, and especially not one in the form of the girl Emerath had brought along showing distress. As he turned to look behind him and saw what was going on, he frowned a bit, and he crossed his arms, wondering what kind of girl Emerath had managed to get himself involved with. She's scared to even leave the city? What, has she been living under a rock this entire time? Endilix thought to himself, and then he looked at the girl's level in their party. Oh, level three. I suppose that explains it. The girl hasn't hardly done any adventuring in this game. Endilix sighed, hoping that his brother had a better reason for all of this than him just wishing to have some girl along for his adventures, especially after antics like these.

Edited by Endilix

Eliziana gave Emerath a nod as he tried to calm her down, his sweetness causing her to blush a bright red. She was still shaking a bit, but as the man took her hand, she couldn't help but calm down a little, and she found her feet moving forward with his, despite that she was giving a little resistance to the tugging. She wanted to go, for Emerath, but she was so scared of the idea of permanent death in SAO, even with Endilix protecting her. It was something she had always been afraid of, and the whole reason why only once before this had she left the city, and only because she missed home that badly. And that had only ended up scarring her worse, as she had been ambushed by the woman Flints and had decided to never leave the city again.

But this was different. She was with a man she felt deeply for, and his brother, whom she hoped could be trusted unconditionally because of family. Not to mention that Endilix seemed like a generally nice person anyway, albeit a bit abrasive. The abrasive part was clear, as she saw him frowning and crossing his arms at them. As she approached him holding Emerath's hand, she said to Endilix, "I'm r-really sorry! I t-think I'm okay now!"