[OP-F1] No Longer the Sound of Silence

Oh my god I can... I can hearThis is what its like to hear. I.. Talo was a little overwhelmed, well maybe more than a "little". Talo looked up to the sun, and could hear everything he dreamed of. The wind blowing through the trees, making the leaves rustle and fall down every once in a while. Birds cawing to once another, have their own secret conversations. Monsters stomping on the ground, huffing in their systematic programs to make them make noise. Far off, water could be running through a river, and players having conversations. "I'm not deaf.." Talo said to himself, almost crying from hearing his voice, then laughing from the way he sounds. "I'm not deaf." He yelled out loud, smiling like a giddy child, and walking around, the happiest he has ever been. He looked at his hands and then made a couple signs, knowing that is something he will ever need to do that. What should I do first? I mean, I can talk and  hear normally like everyone else. Well maybe not like everyone else, my voice is still strange. "Will people notice my voice." He wondered aloud, still laughing a little from his voice, and being able to hear. "What should I do..." He wondered aloud, and began to walk around, a smile plastered on his face, and his ears open for any sound he can hear.

Hydra had been humming a light-hearted tune to himself as he wandered the first floor, when suddenly the sound of a player shouting had broken the calm atmosphere. "What the?..."  The spearman twisted his neck around and glanced over his shoulder, sure enough there was a young player not much different to him in age that seemed to be overjoyed, for what reason he did not know. The brunette looked at the player with his half closed eyes before letting out a large yawn, and patting his mouth with a sluggish motion. "It wouldn't hurt to see if he's okay." He finally mumbled, having pondered for five minutes if he should or shouldn't approach. Hydra's steps were lazy but casual, "Hi there..." He broke his sentence halfway through deciding to drag out another yawn. "...Huh, oh that's right. Are you okay?" He said rubbing the sleep from his eye, and managing to give the player a friendly smile.

Talo was lost inside of himself, but was surprised by the voice he heard behind him. Talo twirled around and blushed hard. "Sorry, I'm just really happy is all. In the real world I was Deaf. So now, I'm a little overwhelmed. Sorry if I disturbed you." Talo rubbed the back of his head, noticing the scrapping noise you can hear when you mess with your hair. Talo went over the boy's voice in his head, basically realizing that everyone person sounds different. I need to calm down, I'm acting crazy. Talo slowly started to physically calm down, almost a noticeable difference. "Again sorry, didn't mean to disturb you. I'm Talo by the way." He smiled and stuck out his hand to the mysterious boy in front of him, who also seemed to have been woken up from a nap. "Did I wake you?" He asked, hoping that he didn't bother this random stranger.

It took Hydra a few seconds to process what the player had just said. "Wait you were deaf... I see... This must be an incredible experience for you then!" The spearman's attitude seemed to suddenly change, he went from being half asleep to hyperactive within those few moments. "No worries, and don't worry I was in a trance I guess... Ah my name is Hydra pleased to meet you." The brunette happily outstretched his hand accepting the greeting. "So you've not heard sounds for a while then?" The brunette mumbled scratching his chin, "Hmm, well if you'd like any help I don't mind lending a hand" Hydra didn't want to come across as pushy, perhaps this player would prefer to be left alone considering how much shock they would be in having regained the ability to hear. 

"It is more than just incredible, I feel like a different person, or just someone who had their world turned upside down." Talo laughed lightly and shook the man's hand. Talo was about to say something, then the mood changed drastically. The man in front of him was almost vibrating because he went from sleep deprived, to Bubbly and active. "Hydra, nice name. Don't tell me you are a villain." Talo laughed, then slowly trailed off. "Sorry, old T.V show reference." Talo smiled a little less and heard Hydra comment on that he hasn't heard things in a while, and he also offered to help. "I'll be fine with some help. You are the first person for me to meet in this game. So help will be appreciated." Talo smiled.

Hydra laughed at the remark, "Haha I think i'd make a good villain!" He responded jokingly. "And sweet, I guess we could go look around the Town of Beginnings or continue exploring the outdoors of floor 1 a little more. I'll let you decide, just be wary of boars. Speaking of which what weapon do you use?" The spearman asked in curiosity. Hydra was unsure whether he should mention Player Killers, yet it was likely Talo would be aware of them anyway. A notorious feature to SAO, just like any online role playing games and it was highly unlikely there would be any of the first floor. The brunette's stomached growled by the time he had finished speaking. The brunette noticing a few apples on a nearby tree went to pluck some off. "Want one?" He said stretching out his left arm.      

"I hope you don't make a good villain, you kind of are my first friend after all." Talo laughed a bit. Hydra warned him about the Boars that roam around, and asked him what area he would want to explore first. "Hmmmm, Lets go into the forest. I mean, that will be where I'm training probably, so it would help if I know the land." Talo suggested and started off for the forest, where Boars are. Maybe we will find a nice pond. I miss swimming kind of, even though the thought of drowning doesn't make me to happy Talo thought to himself the risks of swimming, and saw Hydra finding an apple tree. Hydra offered him one and Talo gladly accepted. "Thank you, would be so much better than just Bread and Water."

"Yeah bread isn't the best." Hydra chuckled, the apple made a satisfying crunching sounds as he chomped on it. The pair began exploring the forest first, "There will be a lot of different sounds in here." He said turning his head to Talo, hopefully if they were lucky a bird song would begin. Further up the vegetation became overgrown, and the canopy of leaves blocked a large portion of light coming in. "Hmm I guess we could try gathering some materials first..." The brunette mumbled stroking his chin to see if anything obvious stood out. 

As Hydra glanced around the forest was certainly abundant in specific things, like rocks and roots. "Huh what's that?" The brunette walked over to the strange object, a rare species of plant. Unfortunately he had no use for such a material in his shop, letting out a sigh he turned back to his new friend. "Have you found anything good?"  

ID# 59852 results:

Loot: 14 (no materials found)

Edited by Hydra

Zandra was strolling the town of the beginnings, having nothing better to do. Thou she wondered why she kept coming here. She had started to get bored of the town. Maybe not that strange when you have spent so many days, just walking around exploring, in the town. She was just deciding to go back home at sixteen when she herd a shout around the corner. She headed towards the source of the sound. When she turned around the corner she saw a guy, no, two guys. She could here them talking. She walked a bit closer to them, but she didnt interrupted them in their conversation. She leaned on a wall and pretended browsing her inventory with random swipes in the air. When she herd that they was gonna explore the forest, she frose for a few moments. She remembered her own first adventure into the forest. She looked at the pair that didnt seemed to care about her present. She let them start walking a bit before she left the wall for the road. She was walking behind them on a safe distance. Close enough to be able to help them in case of danger, but far away enough to not seem suspicious.

Talo was very happy with what was going on. He already made a friend, was exploring the forest... even got a freaking apple. Hydra asked Talo if he found anything, and he looked to the ground realizing he wasn't really looking at ANYTHING. "Oh, I haven't even been looking around, I can start now." Talo smiled and started to slowly scan the area around him. What should I even be looking for? Something glowing, something making noise... I have no idea what I am doing Talo shook his head and tried his best to search. Could that be something? Talo thought and bent down, a gem scattered among the rocks. "Hey Hydra, I actually think I found something." Talo smiled and held up the gem, it sparkling in the dim light around them. "Hopefully we can find some more and maybe split what we get?" Talo asked as he put it into his inventory.

ID: 59873
LD: 16
+1 Material

Edited by Talo

"Don't worry about it, you can keep everything. I should have enough already from previous ventures."  The spearman mumbled light-heartedly. For a moment the brunette thought he spotted something moving in the shadows where the road was earlier, the vegetation had gotten so dense he couldn't tell though. Was it a figure? He questioned himself. "No... just my mind playing tricks again." The brunette doubted they were being tailed, at worst it was probably a boar just darting about. "Once we have done the forests we can move onto the grassland if you want, the grasslands are the most predominant environment on the first floor so it might be a good idea." He said with a smile. Hydra got out his spear and started to lash out at some thickets that had blocked his path, he always enjoyed a good adventure.

Hakai meandered through the forest, shadowing another woman who seemed to be following another group of low-level players. They had formed a strange kind of train... Hakai didnt know what the woman who she was following was planning to do to the other players, or whether her intentions were good or bad. She sped up her pace, calmly walking past the woman and towards the other two players. "Hey, you two have room in your party for one more?" She queried calmly, no gear equipped so that she wouldnt intimidate them somehow.

Khrysaor was out on the fields of grassland on the first floor. He was enjoying the sites, since he was bored of walking through the Town of Beginnings. As he walked on, he noticed a small and peaceful lake. Khrysaor walked towards it and sat down, leaning himself against a tree. He watched on as the afternoon sun slowly drifted through the sky. 'I think I will stay for the sunset before I go back.' thought Khrysaor. He was slowly going to sleep when he was startled awake by loud noises coming from the forest. Khrysaor decided to stay put for now and if the noises became even worse then he would go and check it out, but for now he watched the small fish swimming in the lake.

Bhairyuu finally had received a PM from one of his new acquaintances named Khrysaor earlier that day, but since he was preoccupied with some minor tasks on his personal agenda for that day, he could not get to reading the PM. After he had finished those tasks, he finally got some time to take a breather and decided that it was as good a time as any to check out the PM he got from Khrysaor  and so he headed to a relatively quiet spot in the Town of Beginnings and started to peruse the PM. As he read through, he noticed that it was an invite to hang out from Khrysaor with the details about where he would be and at what time they would meet up. When he reached the end of the PM, Bhairyuu looked up at the giant clock tower nearby and noticed that it was already close to the time mentioned in the PM. So he hurried out of the Town of Beginnings and into the grasslands in the vicinity of the town, all the while being careful to keep an eye out for any trouble. Luckily for him, he was not accosted by any monsters or other sorts of obstacles and succeeded in reaching the forest where he was supposed to see Khrysaor. 

He started to search through the forest, but to his great chagrin, he got totally and hopelessly lost not unlike a certain Santoryuu using pirate hunter from a certain fairly popular pirate anime. After a few tries to find his way again, out of desperation, he threw caution to the winds and with a long drawn out sigh of exasperation, he decided that it would be far less troublesome if he were to let the Three Sisters Fate guide his feet according to their whims and started moving forward. After about 3 hours,  he somehow managed to spot Khrysaor leaning up against a random tree while watching random fish in a random lake nearby. So, Bhairyuu breathed another sigh, this time out of relief more than exasperation and hurried over to Khrysaor's location as fast as his rather long legs could carry him. Once he got within earshot, he called out, raising his hand in a casual greeting

"Yo, Khrysaor...I finally made it, bro...Sorry it took so long for me to get here...I saw an old lady NPC and was stuck helping her and then when I finally got to the exit of the Town of Beginnings...I saw a black cat which crossed my path and I did not want the hassle of dealing with any bad luck that it might have decided to bring upon me...so I decided to wait till it was gone...but then when I finally reached this place...I got hopelessly lost not unlike a certain Santoryuu using pirate hunter from a certain fairly popular pirate anime." 

"Oh, thank you! My first actually found items, go me." Talo congratulated himself and continued to walk through the ever increasing forest. Talo was being slightly overwhelmed now, so other noises he could hear. He distinctly heard footsteps from behind, but he could never make out a person. "I think my mind is doing the same thing Hydra." Talo laughed to himself in an uneasy way. Hydra continued forth, then suggested their next area of search would be the grasslands. "Lead the way, no idea where I am going." Talo said and turned back to look for anyone coming upon them. Talo chose the wrong time to look back. Because as he did, a girl came barreling out of the path and right up to the pair. She asked if she could join, and by the look of her equipment, she seemed harmless. "I mean uh sure. I'm fine with it... How about you Hydra?"

*Thunk* Hydra walked straight into a tree after his attention caught sight of some sort of squirrel hiding amongst the thicket. *Mrgnn...* He sat up and rubbed his head, groaning in pain. Talo had just mentioned something, "Sorry what was... Oh." As the brunette turned his head, and his eye sight refocused, a third player was stood in the middle of the forest now. Unsure what to do the spearman just sat in the same position looking rather puzzled. "Um.... hi?" He finally came out with. By this point more conversation had broken out not far from there current position. "I think ive gone insane." The spearman pondered. Wobbling to his feet began to bumble about "I think it was this way... no this way." Turning around once again he walked straight into another tree still dizzy.

Hakai recognized one of them as the one who had gotten the drop from Lyrica. She felt bad for him. From what she had heard the drop didnt count as a demonic, didn't scale in tier, and didnt really have great enhancements. Her own weapon was a true demonic. It scaled and all of it's enhancements were demonic ones. Sadly it seemed as though he had been cheated. From what she could see it had seemingly driven him crazy. He was muttering to himself and running into trees. She felt only pity for the obviously insane young man. She turned to the other player, the sane one. "I'm Hakai. Are you his caretaker?" she questioned, motioning over to Hydra. It only made sense that  crazy person would have someone who took care of them.

Talo turned between the Seemingly mentally challenged man, and the random girl who is asking if he is Hydra's keeper... Great day." No, no. He just is a little dizzy, for some reason or another. And I'm Talo... The ditsy one is Hydra, which I am going to go check on right now." Talo sighed lightly and walked over to the man. "Hey.. Hydra? You okay?" Talo leaned in to see if his face was okay. Talo reached down and tried to pull the man from the ground, but Talo is not that strong of a person, it is not a virtue of his. He kind of slumped back down to the ground with Talo basically laying half on his side, with Talo wondering how this day ended up like this. "So Hi Hakai, I swear I have no idea why this is happening." He said to the girl and kind of patted Hydra's head, hoping to comfort and pain or dizziness the boy would have, even though Talo was probably doing nothing to help.

"I see the light!" Hydra's pupils dilated to a nearly infinite size momentarily as he lay on the ground. Moments later the ringing stop and Talo was crouched over him patting his head. "...um" The brunette sat up and glanced around, at least his senses were back to normal. "Uh Talo, who's that?" He wearily lifted his finger and pointed at the girl stood not far from him. "She looks familiar..." He thought to himself, suddenly remembering she had been in the same group as him when the angry mob of low levels decided to deforest a whole habitat to kill a few wolves. That had certainly gone overboard.  "So, uh... how is everyone?" He let out a nervous laughter and scratched the back of his head, hoping Hakai wouldn't be offended by his forgetfulness.

Hakai sighed. There was no question that something was wrong with Hydra, but the other guy, who was apparently not his caretaker, fixed him right up with some pats on the head or something. What a strange pair. "Nice to meet you Talo. And i'm Hakai, Hydra. We did the whole werewolf thing together. Fun times. Congrats on the drop by the way." She said to Hydra, assuming that he had regained his wits after he asked how everyone was. She crossed her arms under her chest, wondering what exactly they had been doing that she had asked to join them in. "So... What exactly are you two doing?"