[PP:F6] A Broken Promise, A Peaceful Tomorrow <Deforestation> - Teayre & Calrex

Teayre’s feet trudged out onto the snow as she left the tower of Aincrad. Her husband at her side. The red head was continuously glancing at her husband as they walked down. The snow was falling softly, slowly. The forest was carpeted with a smooth sheet of snow, no one had been there recently. The sun light that shone down through the bough of the trees caused the girl to squint for a moment before she stopped as the couple reached a clearing. “Cal…” Teayre began before stopping, “How am I going to tell him…” The girl swallowed as she started to speak again, “Cal, I…” Her hands clenched turning to fists. “There’s no one that cares about you right?”  The words that her husband had muttered to himself, a little louder than he had intended. “It’s true, no one does care about me.”

Letting her eyes flutter shut Teayre takes several breaths. “Calrex, I’m sorry. A price to be paid and a consequence for every action. You said those words to me not long ago.” She slowly opened them before looking at her partner in the eye. “The advice you gave me. I’ve thought about it, during the boss meeting, even on the journey down here it’s why I’ve been so quiet.” Walking into the centre of the clearing the red head gives a small smirk. “Thought this bit looked familiar, do you remember the dragon we fought here?” She chuckled quietly before her eyes went back to Calrex. “Everything must be in balance, or everyone suffers. Again I quote what you said.” Kneeling down slowly, almost ritualistic.

Her left knee touching the ground followed by her right knee. Teayre draws her swords the Ketsueki Kanashiki. Placing it on the snow in front of her the red head lets out a small sigh. Her left hand goes to the white floor first followed by her right as she bows towards Calnus Hevrex. After several seconds with her forehead pressed to the cold floor she kneels back up.

“What is our balance then Calrex? Light and dark need to be in equal measure. Light and Dark, Good and Evil, Yin and Yang. They’re all the same aren’t they? What can we really do, we can only be ourselves. Opal… Opal’s interesting she’s not a pker at heart, she likes manipulation, she likes control like my father.” Teayre let out a long sigh before continuing.  “Is she the evil of Aincrad? Who’s the good? Us? The Knight’s of the Blood? It always seems so clear cut in all the games and films out there. It’s just grey in reality isn’t it?” The red head’s back was erect, her hands resting on her knees as she looked at her husband with a steely gaze. “Who is really the bad guy? Kayaba was working towards making this entire world his play thing, to make people play the game of life so to speak? Although he wanted to make a point.” The red head paused, “Have I said enough?” She questioned herself in silence. “Only one way to find out. Wait and see.” With that she was quite watching her husband waiting for his reply.

Edited by Teayre

It seemed almost unrealistically silent as Calrex followed alongside Teayre to the fourth floor, the only sound being the crunching of the snow beneath them as they made their way forward. From the way she was looking, it had of course brought concern to his mind. There was something she was thinking about, something that was occupying her thoughts. The fact that she were merely glancing at him only seemed to add to this as his calm eyes softened in response. 

Listening to his wife speak the bluenette listened attentively, as he always had been. He couldn't recall a single instance where he had turned out Teayre's words, a moment where he had intentionally closed himself off to her. This was the person he had sworn to spend his life with, at least within the game. He had learned her real name, and given her his. Even with everything that had happened, the bluenette still had confidence and trust in the redhead. He gave his warm smile and a nod, "Of course I understand. The floor raid meeting had gotten a bit off track. Sorry that I interrupted and raised my voice. It seemed things weren't going to settle down until some rules were established. Although I was a bit worried at your quietness, heh. I thought that somehow I had annoyed you with something."

As he continued to let Teayre speak he nodded, taking in and processing everything she had said. He was glad that the young woman in front of him had listened to his words, going so far as to quote them back to him. It was good to know that his pleas were not falling on deaf ears. It was something he had been working on for such a long time since the last they spoke without others around. Every action he had taken since then was in pursuit of the strength and mental skill to help her overcome whatever plagued the redhead, even though it didn't reflect on the surface. 

With a calm breath he began to respond, "I think you misunderstand Teayre. I don't think that there is ever a clear good or evil, light or darkness, or even yin and yang. In fact, in the last comparison, both yin and yang have a piece of each other within, with the black megatama having a white circle, and the white having a black circle. In relation to us, it is not that we just balance each other out, we cover the flaws and weaknesses the other has. For me, I can be overly analytical, lacking in action until I have a definite approach, something that your active personality helps to overcome, and vice versa. Your activity and willing to jump into the unknown is kept safe by my own calculating self. It's like they say, a couple is not just two people together, they are two halves of a whole being."

Giving a second to articulate his thoughts the bluenette continued, "With what happened at the meeting, honestly I'm not sure what is going on with Opal other than what we've seen. Of course she's already gotten the reputation as being the one that killed Ssendom, as well as being a member of the player-killer guild Laughing Coffin. However, what had gone on made he wonder exactly what her plans were. If she was fully in line with that man, Sensui's, ambitions, there may have been no need for them to step in like that to bring her under control, especially if he needed to drug her."

Resting his hands at his sides Calrex gave it some more thought, then spoke again, "I don't truly believe that there is an absolute good or absolute evil within this world. The ire that Opal has gained is merely on the surface, of people trying to embody all of the tragedy and loss they had undergone on one person, so that should that person fall they may feel some form of justification. The Knights of the Blood Oath I know had tried to place a bounty on her before, and to some extent have tried to act as paragons of justice and peace, but in the end that very act is a paradox, because using force and violence to overcome malevolence doesn't bring an end to the sadness. The only thing that exists truly in this world and the one our real bodies are trapped in are people pursing their own ambitions. Opal, the Knights, even Kayaba are merely pursing what they desire. Even though we are victims trapped within the world of Kayaba's creation, to him this is his ambition fulfilled. If it weren't for the fact he had trapped us here with a perceived impossible goal to escape, I'm sure that SAO would likely have been a worldwide sensation which would earn him much praise as an innovator, rather than some kind of super-villain."

Keeping his eyes on Teayre's he kept his calm and welcome face up as he gave a nod, "Of course that's just my take. You took a lot of time and thought, so what is it that you think is the case?"

“No matter how our times change… Nothing about my truth ever will.” Teayre said quietly yet loud enough for Calrex to hear. Her lips remained straight, her eyes and expression remaining neutral giving no indication of anything. “Calrex. You and the Spectrum Coalition will always have my support.” Letting her eyes fall shut Teayre gave a few breaths. “She’s not got it in her to kill someone in complete cold blood Calrex. Take that from me.” The fingers of her left hand rapped on her knee for a second before stopping, curling into a fist. “She will calculate and determine the effect of her killing, she gets pleasure from manipulating people. Much like Kayaba.”

“As for what I think about the guilds. The Knight’s they’re trying to rule Aincrad just as much as Laughing Coffin. The pk guild wants people to live in fear and torment of them. The Knight’s want respect.” Teayre makes quotation marks in the air as she continues to speak, “To keep the peace.” Letting her hands fall she raises an eyebrow. “No, they want everyone in their palms so they can be the heroes of Aincrad.” Teayre gave a small chuckle before continuing, “Finally there’s the Coalition. I’m not too sure about what we could be classed as…” Looking up towards the sky the red head let out a small sigh. "Despite whatever ideals anyone has, they always inevitably fall."

As his wife replied, the bluenette once again continued to listen. Much of what Teayre said could have been taken as speculation, but given what they had experienced in the past with the people they were talking about, it would be a sensible opinion. However, as he had said before, it was a perspective, not an objective reasoning. However, the words , "...You and the Spectrum Coalition will always have my support."

"...why are you referring to the Coalition in a past tense?"

"I'm sure a lot of people would work the same way. It would be a roundabout method of getting what you want, someone's head, without having to get your own hands dirty. I'm sure a lot of alchemists are probably likely to be able to accomplish the same, what with the ability to have potions influence your thoughts."

Hearing about the Knights the bluenette gave a small sigh as he put his left hand into his pocket, "That may be the case, but with what's happened with the Knights I'm not really sure how they are doing with Mack's absence. Macradon and Xion were a couple of the only members I've seen around, and as we know only less than four active members in a guild will result in its disbanding by the system. As for our Coaltion, if people cannot peg down exactly what our guild is, then good. I'd prefer to avoid having our group be stereotyped, and that boiled down description being what is passed around."

"That sentence is still something I need to keep in mind. There's certainly some reason that she's brought me down here."

"If their ideals are the ones in question, there is likely the chance that they had lost sight of what it was they were fighting for in the first place. Peace by force will always fall, because resentment will be bred for those that enforce it. The sad part is that reality always is going to try and set us against or turn us away from what we have chosen to believe in. In a way that is a test in itself, as test to see if we hold true, or just like the people around us, fall."

Looking over he looked at his wife, as the questions in his mind began to flow, "Narlia, we've been together for some time now, as a couple from close to the beginning of this game, and married for longer. A strange or out there as my actions may become, I still have the upmost trust and care for you. If there is something weighing on your mind, please tell me. I'm your husband, and I want to help if I can."

• 4 weeks later...

Her red eyes glimmered for a moment as she lowered her chin, the snow falling around them, her gaze resting back on her husband. The corners of her lips twitching slightly. “Our group? You make it sound like we own them Cal. Isn’t it more like King Arthur and his round table?” The red head gave her husband a piercing stare. “Can I tell him… Can I face the truth?”

“Please tell me. I’m your husband, and I want to help if I can.”

Her eyes began to quiver at these words, water starting to form at the bottom of them. Wiping them on the back of her sleeve Teayre turns around. “Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden.” Her voice was full of sadness. Anger. Hate. Her hands were clenched into fists as she shut her eyes, her jaw being clamped tightly shut.

She shuddered for a moment, flexing her hands before letting out a long breath. The red head began to speak. “I am Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden, I cut through people without a care. I killed more than you saw Calrex. When I’ve been on my own, there’s been plenty of other players who have fallen to my blade.” Another shudder shoots across the red head’s body. “I can’t atone for that. I know I need to move on, that I am living in the past.”

Her hand came up to a clasp by her throat, fiddling with it Teayre retrieved the badge. The crimson badge that marked her as a member of the Spectrum Coalition.

As she removed the badge from herself she let her hand fall to her side again. “I don’t deserve to wear this, I don’t…” The words seemed heavy, laboured. However as she paused and began to turn, tears clearly rolling down her cheeks, flaking off into the snow. Her voice was almost a whisper as she spoke. Her entire body starting to shake as she fell to her knees the badge rolling from her hand to Calrex’s feet.

“I want to earn my place in the Coalition.”

"Heh, sorry about that. I meant 'our' as in we are a part of it, not as if we have ownership of the Spectrum Coalition. You are correct, it is like King Arthur and the Round Table, we all are important parts to the whole and have equal say in whatever happens within it. That was what we founded the original idea on with Oikawa, that there is no hierarchy, and that we are all people that have come together in trust, not a desire for power."

With that Calrex listened attentively as Teayre began to speak, her words tugging at his own heart. It was true that he probably only knew bits and pieces about what happened to her during her leaves of absence. He had said time and time again that she could message him to let him know if something was wrong, that he was there for her. However, whether those words actually registered to the redhead or not he couldn't know for sure. It was difficult to hear, but it needed to be said, to be put out in the open. She was acknowledging her past actions, rather than denying or justifying them. That at least was some form of a sign that he had not lost her to the influence that Muramasa had on her, the twisted philosophy that was instilled to her by her now deceased father.

His eyes calmly followed her hands as she detached the badge, letting the hand now holding it fall to her side before she completely dropped to her knees, with it landing, almost like following a script, at his feet. He remained still for a moment, registered what was said, before he knelt down in front of her, gently picking up the badge in his free hand before looking forward, putting forward a calm and warm smile to his wife before reaching out a hand, wrapping his palm around her cheek before using his thumb to help wipe away the falling tears.

"If we had founded the idea of the coalition on worthiness or earned merit Teayre, then all we would be is just a copy of the Azure Brigade. None of us had to prove ourselves to be members. Remember, the Spectrum Coalition was founded on the idea that the people within it trust each other, to stand by each other whether in good or bad times. We're comrades in arms, and friends. You say you are living in the past, and I say that it is good to come to that realization. We need to learn from the past, so that we do not end up repeating it. That is a lesson passed for many years, although sometimes I wonder how many actually have taken it to heart. As I challenged you before, and you requested of me, to stay your blade rather than relying on it. It's a long process, and one that is not easy, but going from what I've seen you are taken steps forward in accomplishing it."

Sliding his hand down to rest on her shoulder he looked into her eyes as he continued, "Oikawa asked me the same thing before, whether or not player killers can be forgiven, or if the deaths they have caused be atoned for. I believe that choice does not fall with the committer of the act, but with those affected by it. No life is isolated from others, and every life taken has an effect on those close to them. So in the end, it is up to them, not to you. The most you can do is make sure the actions you take from now on reflect that desire to atone for what's happened. As for your position in the coalition..."

The hand holding the badge came forward, resting on the young woman's lap before opening, the badge gently resting there as he brought his hand back, "You say you want to earn your place in the guild. You already have one, as one of the few that started and kept it alive before we made it official, and as a person that has continued to do so. If you feel you have yet to fit in, then do so from within. Besides, a spectrum cannot begin to be complete without the color red."

Feeling the tugging at his heart slowly began to subside he gave a calming breath before finishing, "Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden, don't forget that you are also Narlia Thar. I am your husband in this game, and I aim to make it so once we get out of here as well. I may be Calrex the Ultramarine Knight here in SAO, but I am also Calnus Hevrex. I will not lose sight of who I am."

“Teayre Muramasa the Crimson Maiden…” Teayre muttered, “You’re right Calnus, I am that and Narlia. However… Although I cannot forget my past, I need to move on. The very name.” Taking a few short breaths she looks up at her husband, leaning into him. Her head going to his shoulder. “Crimson isn’t what the Spectrum needs…” She moved her right hand slowly, gripping Calrex, pushing down on his slender wrist as she looked up into his eyes. “I am of no colour, until you decide otherwise. The Crimson Maiden… That isn’t who I should be. As her, I kill. I…” The girl couldn’t help but start sobbing again as she leant into Calrex.

“I would like you to pick my next name Callie. I want you to speak my title…” She gripped his trousers at the knees with her free hand, letting her other hand meet his own. “I have always been your sword, and you my armour… I’m sorry I’ve made you bear the brunt of so many attacks.” Her forehead falling against Calrex’s chest she lets out a sigh. “My Knight. My Ultramarine Knight. I… I love you.”

Feeling his wife's weight on him Calrex felt his cheeks tinge red for a quick second. It had been some time since his wife was in such close contact with him, to the point that he may have forgotten the feeling. It was one that he missed, the feeling of connection to her, and he was glad that she didn't feel distanced enough that such would be foreign to her. He felt his eyes begin to water for a second, but he forced the tears down. "No, now is not the time to be losing it. I need to remain strong, to be a steadfast person for her to rely on. As she said, she was the sword, and I the armor. I need to protect her, and show that she is safe with me."

Gently wrapping his arms around Teayre he brought her closer, "The name, along with the troubles that follow you, is what you want to leave behind then very well. I guess 'maiden' wouldn't really be accurate anyway, since that was an old term for a young woman that was unmarried, heh. I've said it many times before, and my feeling remain the same. I love you Narlia, and I will always be there for you."

With a calming breath he let his mind flow for a second as he thought of the words in his vocabulary that might fit, finally deciding on a title, "If you wish, the title I have thought of...is the Rubelite Rose. Rubelite is the deeper color of an unpolished ruby, and represents the unfinished development of the path you walk down. Rose after the flower, which bears a remarkable and timeless beauty, but also bears thorns, as a representation that you are more than just a beautiful person, but one that is independent, and the one that serves to protect our bodies, as you said back on the fourth floor so long ago."

"....man that was really corny..."

Realizing the words that had slipped out of his mouth Calrex felt his face flush red as he gave a laugh, "How was that?"

“Rubelite Rose?” Teayre’s face gave a small bemused smile. “You really think I could pull pink off? It’ll clash with my hair!” Her eyes glinting slightly, she looked at her husband. “What about Vermillion?” The girl went silent, blushing as she turned her head to one side. “Cal… I love you.” She states quietly before grabbing the boy’s hands.

“Come on, I need to go to the sixth floor, do the other quest that floor got a little while back, Deforestation I think?” She gently tugged his hands a bit more before stopping. Stepping closer Teayre rested her head on Calrex’s chest. “I’m sorry… With everything that has happened I really am…” She swallows, gasping for air for a moment before continuing. “I don’t understand why you’re still stood beside me… Why you’ll still hold me Callie, even after all I’ve done…”Her eyes screwed shut she tightly grips onto her husband’s shirt.

Calrex gave a laugh at Teayre's reaction to the name before giving a nod, "Vermillion as a color would suit you just fine, although the origin of the word might be a little of off. From what I remember it derives from the same as worm of vermin, heh. Another one could be Amaranth, which is derived from the name for a flower on Mount Olympus which never dies, and the name itself literally means to not waste away, which is something I see you actively trying to do. Of course I may have a skewed bias, but I would think you'd be able to pull off any look. As for the quest, sure thing, I believe Deforestation was the name, and we should be able to clear it fairly quickly."

Feeling his wife's hands wrap around his before the redhead pulled herself close to him again. Instinctively his arms wrapped around her, resting at her sides as he listened to her speak, "It's like I told you before, it's because I have chosen to do so, because I want to do so. Not just out of duty as your husband, but because I love you and want to see you through this. I don't view you by what you've done, but by what I know and choose to believe you to be, to still be. Like you said before, you are the sword, and I am the armor. Armor does more than just protect. It holds fast, unwilling to give up its contents until it is finally broken or withers away. I do so because I still, and will always care about you. As I said before, I will protect my heart. I want to create more happy memories with you, and everyone we've come to meet in this world, and if we're lucky outside of SAO as well."

“The never-dying rose?” Teayre looked at her husband an eyebrow raised. She smiled at him, “I love you.” She whispers as she feels him returning her embrace. Staying there for several moments she feels the warmth flow up from within her filling her body causing her cheeks to tinge red. Breaking the contact between them she looks at her husband. “Cal… I can’t believe I met you…” The whisper was even quieter as the red head starts to turn walking away from her husband. A couple of tears began to roll down her cheek, as she clenched her hand. “Right.” Smiling she turns to look at her husband. “Floor six it is then?” Holding out a hand she tilts her head slightly, the light in her eyes slightly dim. “What can I do to prove myself? What can I do to win this fight…” Her mind cast back to all the times she had wielded her blade, the bloodlust that had taken control of her. She wanted to fight as herself not as the demon she had… No the demon she is.

Calrex gave a smile at Teayre's words before the young woman began walking in the direction of the inter-floor staircase, giving a nod as he followed along, "Yeah."

Swiping on his menu the bluenette gave a small sigh to relax himself as he began to go over his equipment. The last time he had completed the quest he had done so fairly easily, defeating everything that had come his way with the Grand Blade II. However, with his now grandmastered <<Martial Arts>> skill he did have access to higher strength Sword Arts. "Luckily I've still got the Grand Gauntlets II in my inventory as well, meaning that I won't be taking a damage drop. I guess this quest could be as good as any to test it out."

In a flash the Grand Blade II and its sheath vanished from the back of his hip, now being replaced by the pair of deep-sea blue gauntlets that wrapped around his forearms, his jacket sleeves tucking into them comfortably. Looking at the pair of striking implements reminded him back to the time when he was still coming to terms with the cold persona, back when he feared drawing a sword and opted for using his fists instead. It seemed with the changes that had happened, he might end up returning to relying on them once again, this time not out of fear, but determination.

"With everything we've been through, I won't let myself hold me back from doing what needs to be done. As I swore to myself before, I will decide my fate, even if I need to will it into existence."

• 3 weeks later...

As her feet brushed the leaf strewn ground Teayre looked at her husband. Huffing for a moment she shrugs as she glances at Calrex. “So Deforestation?” The red head ran her fingers through her hair, “What about a dungeon afterwards as well?” Without looking at her husband, the red head begins winding her way through the trees to a nearby village. One without a safezone. “If we head to Rusk, I should be able to get the quest there. Considering you usually have to go to the main settlement to get the quest.” Stating it matter of factly the red head raises an eyebrow at her husband before shaking her head. “Listen Calrex. I don’t care who I am. Narlia. Teayre. The Crimson Maiden. The Amaranth Rose. They’re names. They all mean the same. What I need to do is start fresh, completely change. Use the games colour schemes to completely change my spectrum. Teayre’s lips twitched at her little twist of words. Even as she equipped her searching items, Finder's Keepers and Searching Eye.

"Sounds like a good idea. There is a quest provider in Rusk, so we should have some luck with getting you the quest, heh. A dungeon afterwards sounds find as well, if we're lucky enough to find one after we take down the field boss."

Calrex listened as Teayre stated what she felt she needed to do, giving a calm smile and a nod, "Well if that's what you believe needs to be done, then I'll do what I can to help you see that through. You're right, that our names, as well as our titles, are merely that. My self-title of Ultramarine Knight is just that, a random title that I came up with that has apparently decided to stick with the populous, heh."

Standing by his wife's side the bluenette put a hand in his pocket before gently placing a hand on her shoulder, "But the actions I make are true to who I am, and that includes being by your side through thick and thin. That's not going to change."

Swiping on his menu afterwards he confirmed his equipment, making sure that his gear was ready for their next encounter, "With our combined damage output, this should be really quick."

“Names. Titles.” Teayre quietly muses. “Cal do you remember that really old movie? Back when we were kids?” Stopping turning to look at her husband she narrows her eyes. “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” She let the words hang there. “I duelled Opal the other day, that masked figure was her at the dance competition, I’m sure of it the style of fighting was too similar so was her voice.” Her fingers pushed her flame red hair back over her shoulder, tucking it behind her ear. “She told me that you two had spoken, that I was on my final warning.”

The girl clenched her fist. “Calrex. Who I am underneath doesn’t matter. I’m a killer, that much is a given.” Tears began to streak down her face. “I wanted to end it with you. I’ve wanted to do that for so long, to save you the pain of watching my corruption. No matter how much I pushed you away you fought back. You were determined to stay by me.” Dropping to her knee Teayre peered up at her husband. “I have even contemplated killing you…” Her voice was quiet, almost silent as she muttered those last words. “I’m sorry. I didn’t want you to see me like this.”

Standing the red head runs off disappearing into the brush. She glances left and right searching for a place to hide. Skidding to a halt by some branches the red head pushes them aside, finding a hollow opening in the tree disappearing into it she finds herself stood in the entrance way to a dungeon.

ID: 70666 LD: 23 (14 + 3 S&D + 2 Reveal + 3 Loot Dice + 1 Bonus S&D rank)
Advanced Dungeon Found

Edited by Teayre

As Teayre replied Calrex continued to listen attentively, letting his mind process what the young woman was saying. The fact she stated at times she wanted to end things, and at one point even go so far as to kill him...was surprisingly not something new to him. Ever since the beginning of their relationship it wasn't like the redhead was against pointing her blade at him, and she even promised at one point to kill him if he lost sight of himself. Maybe he had just grown accustomed, or maybe numb, to the thought.

Putting a hand on his hip for a second he gave a laugh as he shook his head, "To save me the pain...heh since when did you start assuming things like that...?"

His wife hadn't gotten too far the bluenette went into a jog to catch up, seeing that she had discovered a dungeon within the side of a tree, "A take on some kind of rabbit hole joke?"

Entering inside Calrex saw he had finally caught up, but at the same time it appeared the same old thing happened once again. Right when they were having a discussion a bunch of monster showed up. Scratching the side of his head he gave a sigh, "Just never gonna catch a break are we?"

Spoiler

Calrex Stats:
HP: 1585
EN: 154
DMG: 15 (3 Base + 5 Skill + 6 Item + 1 Athletics)
ACC: 4 (2 Item + 1 Familiar + 1 Precision)
EVA: 3 (3 Item)
MIT: 30 (30 Armor)

Current Skill Mods:
Athletics (+15 HP / +1 DMG)
Stonewall (Armor and Block MIT value added to HP)
Precision (Martial Arts)
Safe Guard (Additional effects when used to block with shield)
Bull Rush (Stuns enemies upon successful Charge)

Current Equipment:
Grand Gauntlets II (+3*2 Unarmed DMG)
Amethyst Charm (+2 ACC / +1 EVA)
Tide Pendant (+2 EVA / +1 LD)

At Ready:
Grand Blade II (+3*2 DMG)
Grand Aegis (+1*2 MIT / +2 Paralyze)
Grand Chariot: Aegis (+1*2 MIT / +2 Regen)
Grand Crest: Aegis (+1*2 MIT / +2 Thorns)
5x Safeguard
1x Basic Teleportation Crystal
1x Monkey Agility (+1 EVA for one thread)

ID: 70708
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +4) = 6
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +3) = 1
Sword Art <<Aggressive Twins>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (4 Energy Used / 150 Remaining)

As he triggered <<Charge>> the Grand Gauntlets II began to emit their Sword Art aura through the back opening of the gauntlets like afterburners, and as the bluenette shot forward it was as if he had strapped rockets to his forearms. Quickly closing in on the four serpents he brought his arms back, lowering his upper body similar to a boxer. With one quick left jab two of them vanished before another two were eliminated with his followup strike with his right arm, the <<Aggressive Twins>> combination completing.

Giving a sigh of relief he turned around, flashing his smile once again, "Heh, you do know that running away after saying something like that isn't really a good idea right? Doesn't really solve anything by trying to end a conversation on that note. But, I think I do understand where you're coming from. You wanted to protect me from what you think you've become, or are becoming, by trying to end things. I'm guessing doing something like that would expect me to be shattered mentally and emotionally, so that I would break all contact, or you would do so yourself. When that didn't seem to be a good discourse, you immediately turned to killing me off so that you'd accomplish that goal. But..."

Giving a warm smile he continued, "...I'll have to disappoint you with that, because I'm far more tenacious than that. As for what happened with Opal, I'll have to explain that conversation some other time when we don't have any unwanted interruptions happening. Just like when you discovered I had been given Achilles it's a conversation that should be done sitting down with our full attention directed to listening rather than watching our backs. So maybe once we finish this up and get to Rusk we can do that. In the meantime, how about we clear this place out as fast as possible?"

Loot List:
4 Material

Calrex: 1585/1585 | EN: 150/154
Teayre: ????/???? | EN: ???/???

Inner Tree Serpent: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG)
Inner Tree Serpent 2: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG)
Inner Tree Serpent 3: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG)
Inner Tree Serpent 4: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG)

Monsters Defeated: 4/15

Teayre looked at her husband, jaw dropping for a moment. “Calrex. If I wanted to I could have killed you. It wouldn’t have had to been physical.” Clenching her fists Teayre looks at her husband directly in the eyes. “Words. They’re just as powerful than any blade, if not more so.” Turning her face away she could feel the warmth rushing to her cheeks. “Why did I even consider that?” She muttered, bitterness and anger covering her tones. Glancing back up at her husband she pushes past him, bringing her menu she equips her battle gear again.

“I don’t want the conversation another time. You’ll tell me now Calnus!” Her eyes narrowed her stand widening. Nostrils flaring Teayre folded her arms and stared down her husband, her partner, her lover. “You will tell me right this second, or I’ll make the most emotional point of my life here in Aincrad my graveyard.” She tapped her foot, slowly speeding it up.

Edited by Teayre

With the demand for immediate answers Calrex gave a small sigh, as if partially out of disappointment, "Guess instant gratification is still something ever present isn't it? Since when did we start valuing our lives so cheaply that we could use them as a bartering chip for getting out way? Well then, how to go about this. I of course want to give my response, but at the same time I want to avoid her getting ambushed...guess it's a good thing I've got a tank build."

Quickly triggering <<Howl>> the bluenette slammed his fist into the ground, releasing the roar throughout the contained area. Of course there didn't appear to be any monsters around, but at this point he was merely making sure they targeted him first.

"You are correct Teayre, words can at times cut deeper than any blade can, but at the same time they are not all powerful. There is a saying 'we shape our tools, and in turn our tools shape us.' Words and language are tools as well, tools for communication. But wielding them with whatever intent behind them affects their target, and shapes the user. One of the most powerful things we can do is learn how to deliver a message, rather than just giving it. There are times where brutal honesty if appreciated, and others times where putting on a little tact or air may serve you better. Now, for what I was talking about."

ID: 70873
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +4) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +2) = -1
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies / 1 Energy Recovered / 151 Remaining)

With impeccable timing right as the bluenette was about to speak suddenly he heard the sounds of incoming enemies. Nonetheless, his strategy was successful as all four of the tree-like interior guardians rushed forward, aiming to slam their wooden fists at him. However, this time Calrex had done something unlike before: He remained immovable, unfaltering, as if the creature weren't even there. It was as if he had no care for them landing un/successful attacks on him, and to some level he didn't have to.

Continuing to calmly speak as the creature's blows rang against his armor without effect he began, "After the last floor raid planning, where Opal had decided to instigate rather than cooperate, I had decided to find out a little bit more of what was going on. So one night I requested a meetup with her to find out her intentions, something that I doubt anyone in the community had done beforehand. Turns out her intentions are pretty simple: Eliminating all people with an orange crystal, regardless of intentions. To put it fairly simple: She aims to use herself as a martyr toward a better Aincrad, by killing all player-killers, then letting herself be killed afterwards like some kind of purge."

Giving a stretch he resumed, "However, of course, no one can accomplish that alone, not even the strongest players in Aincrad. That's why she joined Laughing Coffin, in the hopes of gaining allies that would make her actual goal much more attainable. From what I've gathered, she intends to use the player-killer guild until their exhausted their use, then she intends to dismantle them herself. Hence also her 'final warning' to you, because if at any point you killed someone, she sees that as an absolute decider in your fate. 'If you're a killer, then you should be killed.'"

With a small sigh at the other points he remembered of that night Calrex articulated it in his mind before continuing, "Unfortunately, it appears that I was not the only one with motives that night. There was once a man I knew in the game, Lindow, who apparently was investigating another player-killer guild that was apparently targeting young children for various reasons. He lost his life sometime ago, but apparently Opal resumed that work for him, managing to track down and eliminate all of the guild except for one. That was one person was used as a test, for me. To determine if I had the will to pass 'judgement', possibly as an attempt to turn my ideals to her outlook of things. I managed to conclude the meetup with my ideals and outlook intact, but his life ended up being the sacrifice to do so."

The Ultramarine Knight was silent for a few moments, with only the sound of his armor being struck again and again before he continued, "I took a life that night Teayre, and even now I'm still not fully sure if it was justifiable or not. But that is a burden I will have to carry, even back in the real world should we actually escape. However, this still stands true to me: No one person should have the power of judge, jury, and executioner, because more lives will be lost than will be saved. So as a result..."

Spinning around he batted an incoming blow to the side, "...I've resolved to become stronger, not just as a player or frontliner, but as a person. We cannot change the past, but we can control our present and future, and it is what we do next that changes and determines who we are. If there's anyone out there you need to prove that you've moved on from your past torments, that you've changed your spectrum, that person is yourself. As I've said before, I will be there to help, whether you want me to or not, but in the end you're the one that has to live with yourself every single day, and that is the one you need to convince, not anyone else."

(Hate: 3) Calrex: 1585/1585 | EN: 151/154

Root Guardian: 24/24
Root Guardian 2: 24/24
Root Guardian 3: 24/24
Root Guardian 4: 24/24

The red head had heard Calrex’s sigh. She paused her eyes narrowing at her husband as he began to lecture her. “Tact? Honesty?” The girl closed her eyes for a moment as she looked at her husband, nodding along to what he was saying. “So… That’s why.”  Looking down the girl kicks her feet for a moment as she heard some words.

“I took a life that night Teayre.”

Eyes raising quicker than she drew the muramasa . “You killed someone?” Her jaw had dropped she stepped forwards just as a blow came in. Her husband deflected it without a second hesitation. “Cal…” A tear had begun to roll down her cheek. “S-sorry…”

Just as she apologised the red head saw the various mobs moving in to strike her husband. Teayre didn’t hesitate and quickly activated her Farrant Full Moon sword art cutting through the mobs. As their pixels dispersed she sheathed her blade and moved to her husband wrapping her arms around his waist. “Callie-kun.” She whispered squeezing gently. “You are strong, you… You’ve helped and supported me for so long. Let me be here for you.”

ID: 71180 BD: 11 (7 + 4 ACC) CD:  6 LD: 7 (4 + 3 LD) MD: 4

Farrant Full Moon: 13 * 3 = 39 DMG (6 Energy)

Calrex: 1585/1585 | EN: 151/154
Teayre: 1085/1085 | EN: 100/106

Root Guardian: 0/24
Root Guardian 2: 0/24
Root Guardian 3: 0/24
Root Guardian 4: 0/24

@Calrex

Edited by Teayre

ID: 71251
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +4) = 7
Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20 (Materials Found)
Mob Dice: 10 (Evasion +2) = 8 (+2 Damage)
Sword Art <<Aggressive Twins>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (4 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 148 Remaining)

As his wife shot forward, eliminating the four plant-like guardians with her Battojutsu Sword Art Calrex watched stoically, looking down as Teayre returned and wrapped her arms around him. Giving a calming breath his eyes closed for a few seconds, taking in the warmth of the embrace before his right arm came around, wrapping so that his hand rested against her back. His left bent at the elbow, resting against the back of her head, "I appreciate it Teayre. I think at this point we need to make a small addendum to our original promise. At the strength we're at, we're both capable of protecting our bodies, which is why even moreso we need to protect our minds. As they say, where the mind leads, the body follows. We need to be sure to steel our minds and hearts for the hardships that will continue to befall us, because neither this game or the real one is absent of them."

Looking forward the bluenette saw four vines lower from the inner part of the tree, almost like extensions of some kind of jellyfish. Gently breaking the embrace he focused, stepping forward before beginning to slowly move faster and faster, like becoming the embodiment of a battering ram. The vines shot forward, each of them swiping like whips, crashing against his armor with enough momentum to dent his health bar. However, Calrex shrugged these off as the Grand Gauntlets II glowed fiercely with the bright blue aura of his <<Aggressive Twins>> attack. Triggering <<Charge>> his already fast advance erupted with energy as both fists shot out with shotgun-blast shaped energy, destroying the vines instantly.

Glancing at his health and energy levels the Ultramarine Knight confirmed he was still able to fight without needing to rest before relaxing his posture, "In any case, it looks like we're almost at the interior of this dungeon. Let's clear out whatever remains in here."

Loot List:
4 Materials

Calrex: 1521/1585 | EN: 148/154 (60+2(4) DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 64 DMG)
Teayre: 1085/1085 | EN: 100/106

Inner Tree Feeler: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG / 3 Achilles DMG)
Inner Tree Feeler 2: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG / 3 Achilles DMG)
Inner Tree Feeler 3: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG / 3 Achilles DMG)
Inner Tree Feeler 4: 0/24 (15+5 DMG * 2 Art = 40 DMG / 3 Achilles DMG)

Monsters Defeated: 12/15

@Teayre