the search for Icicle Crystals and Frostbite [PP-F4-NK] (Itzal, Tricolor_Mina, Beatbox, Evac)

@Itzal@Beatbox@evac

Note: the posting order will be Me, Itzal, Beat, and Evac, in that order.

<<Snowfrost town, 4th Floor of Aincrad>>

th?&id=OIP.Mac9c629008a5b7a6e32c7893cdfa

I was walking down the road of the fourth floor's main settlement, Snowfrost town, and I sneezed, shivering because of how cold it was.. 'Picking this place was a bit... of a strange Idea... I guess I could try to find some new materials for my shop...I walked toward the teleport gate, and I sat down, peeling off a piece of cloth from my clothes, and I started polishing my rapier with that and a little bit of snow. I looked in my inventory, and I remembered the Katana I was supposed to give him, and I stood up, and I started singing (the song is in my signature, the Cheerful situations song) while walking down the road, feeling so light and happy... when I heard a few people talking about something called <<Icicle Crystals>>...  "Um... excuse me, but what exactly are <<Icicle Crystals>>?" "You havent heard?? They're a super-rare crystal that comes out of the snow, or out of those giant Icicles in the forest to the north, near the old boss room!" "I heard that they can be used as both recording crystals or an alloy for blacksmith crafters!""I heard that a wolf mob called <<Frostbite>> drops a kind of meat called Frostbite Steak! I had some that had been prepared by a cook, and it was almost better than Ragout Rabbit meat!!" I felt a shock of suprise, and I opened my menu, and PM'd three people: Liam (Evac), Itzal, and Beatbox, a grin appearing on my face...

The PM:

Spoiler

To: @Itzal@Beatbox@evac

Subject: Rare crystals and cool food!

I heard a couple of players talking about something called a Icicle Crystal, and a type of meat called Frostbite steak! 

both of these items are supposed to be extremely rare, and the steaks require you to kill a monster called <<Frostbite>>, the other item requires you to break Icicles to get it

Do you guys wanna join me?

The ways to get Icicle Crystals and frostbite steak:

Spoiler

an <<Icicle crystal>> is a type of crystal that are found by breaking Icicles, and they require a loot roll of 15+

Can also be found by fighting the wolf field boss <<Frostbite>> with a LD of 20 or higher, with a chance of being replaced with <<Frostbite Steak>> on a roll of anything below 20 or equal or greater than 

Description if a <<Frostbite steak>> and/or <<Icicle crystal>> is found: Seems like it would make a wonderful crafting material

Frostbite stats and Info...

32 HP, 40 damage, with a howl attack that deals 5 damage to everyone in a party on a BD of 5-3, and a paralysis attack on a natural critical roll on the MD that lasts one turn. (if it is a natural one and you have Accuracy enhancements, then you do not count for the natural roll)

Since we have two players well above level 30, you must state that you are attacking with intent to get materials from it, as stated in the rules

Edited by tricolor_mina

Itzal was working on a song when the message popped up, startling him and messing up the song.  Velnia watched from the other chair as he ended the recording and thankfully was able to delete the song without destroying the item.  He looked at the message and was pleased to see it was from Mina.  He read it fully and nodded, ending the message and standing up, placing the guitar into his inventory.  He was about to get going when he realized something.  Mira.  Originally he and...  Ulises thought she was just Mina's split personality, based off of her best friend.  But then they ran into Mira, the physical Mira, a while ago.  Well, Itzal did at least.  He shook the feeling off.  Anything that needed to be resolved would be resolved when the met.  However something about what Mira had said, as well as Mina, told him that he should probably be there during the reunion.  He made his way to the teleport pad, Velnia flying at his side, and pulled up his rarely used hood on his Twilight Cloak and teleported to the fourth floor.  When he arrived Velnia didn't hesitate to swoop into his coat and hide herself within as she had not yet adjusted to the cold, this being the first time she had been there.  He scaled a nearby building and leaped across the rooftops until he spotted Mina.  He then leaped from the edge, landed softly and rolled to reduce all fall damage, which wouldn't be much from the roof.  If it were a cliff he'd have to hope for water at the bottom.  He waved to Mina with a smile.  "Hey Mina!  It's been a while!"

ID#  72507  LD:  14+8=22

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal

Beatbox had sighed, it had been a long time since he had seen Mina, he had wondered what she had been up to but a part of him had forgotten that she had existed. He read the message at his home and decided to tag along despite him not necessarily wanting to see anyone at the current moment. Beatbox had found himself at floor 4 looking for the group, he wondered how Mina remembered Beatbox and on how he dressed, things have defiantly changed since the last time they have seen each other... he also could have sworn that she was going to join the celestial ascendants at one point, that was was long forgotten. Without much time Beatbox had found Mina and Itzal, seemed like it was nostalgic, but not really. And he had waved hello to the two "Hey Mina, Itzal. How is everyone doing today?" he asked with a warm smile despite how cold this floor may be.

dingding Nix pounced on my belly to wake me up. "Uuugggghhhhjj. What is it buddy?.." "hurrgggh!!" I looked up. Hm, it was a message from Violet! I perked up instantly, I shot up and looked around. Thankfully I was already on floor four so when i read the entire message i was already equipping my leather armour. Who were these other guys she mentioned? "Well my red panda bro, lets go see our favorite peeps!" He looked at me and jumped into my backpack. Poking his head out he could see behind me as I walked from roof to roof looking for her and "the guys". "Theyre easy to find Nix, they are the prettiest things in the game. Its not hard to find prettiness." I said to him with a wink. I spotted them a block away and jumped off the roof to the ground. I had plent of time to perfect my in game parkour to match the skill which I have IRL. I landed perfectly, but couldnt help to remember my faceplant the last adventure i had with her. I rubbed my nose, still doesnt feel right i said to myself. Nix climbed to my shoulder and jumped off and bolted through the crrowd infront of us. I followed of course, and when I got to the other side I saw her. "Your quite the sight for sore eyes!!" I said as I hugged her. "I missed you Violet." I backed up and looked around then focused on the 'guys' "Hi there! Im Evac, this is Nix," Nix gave them a hello before going back to his search for Akame, "and who might you two be?" I asked with a quizzical glance.

I watched as everyone else began showing up, and I noticed Itzal and Liam had both used parkour to get over here... making me think back to the time when I got my familiar with Liam, and I ended up having to stifle a couple of giggles when I pictured Itzal face-planting on the ground. I was thinking about last year, and I got a warm feeling from how much everything had changed since then... I was level 9 now... I was so happy back then, and now, I've completely changed from back then... I turned to face everyone, and I greeted them. "It's good to see you again, Beat, Evac. I haven't seen you since you got Velnia back, Itzal." I had a smile on my face, and I began explaining the reason I called them to this floor. "Remember how I said in the message that there was a bunch of materials on this floor? These materials are called <<Frostbite Steak>> and <<Icicle Crystals>>, and I heard from a couple of players that there were a few ways to get the materials... one of them was a mob called  <<Frostbite>>, and the other was through breaking Icicles." I walked towards a large Icicle and pointed at it. "I think this one would drop one... Itzal, why don't you give it a shot?"

Beat greeted them and then Evac introduced himself, and it was clear that Evac and Mina were good friends since he used her real name.  Itzal took Evac's hand and shook it.  "Nice to meet you Evac!  My name's Itzal.  And nice to meet you Nix!  This is Velnia!  Velnia want to see the panda?"  Suddenly the purple dragon's head popped out looking around, her nose sniffing.  Her face showed a lot of curiosity as she sniffed the cute little panda before licking it.  Itzal chuckled.  "She likes Nix.  Is Nix a girl or boy?"  Itzal saw Mina keep herself from laughing?  giggling?  Either way he wondered what she thought was funny.  He did not linger on it though as it wasn't his thoughts and would not pry.  Mina went straight to the point and began to describe the assignment and how to go about it while Velnia tried to befriend Nix.  When she finished Itzal nodded his understanding and made his way over, Velnia leaping off of him so that she could stay with the cute little panda and perhaps play with the familiar.  Itzal walked over to the icicle and took his stance.  He analyzed the icy structure before striking a weak point he spotted and shattered it, one solid shard emerging from the remains.  He checked it and it said rank 2.  He lifted it to show Mina.  "Like this?"

@Beatbox

Edited by Itzal
  • 3 weeks later...

Beatbox smiled as he was introduced to the new player, however he remained silent, he honestly had no words to say and to be quite frank, he was unsure on why he appeared in the first place. With the way he has been acting, it was probably better if others didn't get introduced to him anyways. However he was open to everyone and wants to put everything into the past as it deserves to stay in the past... or at least somethings should be. He gave Evac and Nix a smile and said out to him "Nice to meet you Evac, the name's Beatbox. Its a pleasure to meet you." he said with a friendly bow, he leaned up against a nearby tree and looked over to the side, he took a deep breath and looked back to Mina and Itzal "So... what exactly are we supposed to be doing?" he said with a bit of impatience, today was just not his day, and he just wants to move on from this day and move onto the next as it felt like life was slowing down to a crawl.