[OP-F1] Don't Need No Tutorial (Wait How do I Walk)

Zid smiled to himself as he walked, stopping occasionally to just stare around him in wonder.  This place was amazing, and it was only the first floor!  Imagine what you'd see on the higher floors if this view could be found mere seconds after launching the game.

Of course, no one would be launching the game anymore.  Akihiko Kayaba had made quite certain of that when he revealed that death was permanent, and that didn't mean you had to roll a new character.  It was now up to the just under eight thousand players who were left to do the impossible: to beat an MMO.

Speaking of MMOs, if there was one thing they had in common, it was useless tutorials.  Zid had skipped SAO's, like he'd skipped pretty much every MMO tutorial after the first one.  He was starting to regret that a little now, but something told him that there wasn't much the tutorial could have told him about how to not get oneself killed that he didn't already know.

What he really needed to learn was which items and skills were most effective, and what better way to test that than trial, error, or just asking the first person he happened upon who wasn't busy?

Vigilon was walking in the Town of Beginnings, not exactly sure about what he should do. He searched the area for something he could use, like an ingot he could use for crafting later on.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not exactly anything. He sat down on a bench for a bit. He noticed a player walking by who, to Vigilon's surprise, seemed amazed at the virtual world around him. "But this is a death game!" He thought. "There is no possible way he could be acting all normal like that! Well, unless he was trying to get a positive view on this..." He looked carefully at the player, trying to figure out why he seemed that way. "If he's new, what I think I'm seeing is someone who would act like it's a game nevertheless. But wouldn't that just get him killed? I could be wrong though...However, If I'm going to start a Guild, I guess I might need to be a little more open..."

ID# 83359 LD: 9(failed)

@Yzjdriel

Sky laughed as he came into the town of beginnings. He had just been out hunting, and despite not getting much, he had fun. He tightened his gloves, dusted off his suit and made sure his necklace was on before he went around town. He lived in this dam town right now, he didn't have enough Col to buy a home, and the floor he wanted to build a home in was... well..... you couldn't get to yet anyway. He liked the number twenty two, and he planned to build his home there, but..... He had to get there first, AND have the col to buy it.

As he was thinking, he ran into someone, who seemed to be wearing the starter gear. Maybe a player who only just decided to head out? He didn't know, maybe he was.... Sky approached him, deciding to see if he was friendly or not.

"Hey there, how ya doing?" He said to Yzjdriel

Hidden moved forward through the first floor, walking into the Town of Beginnings. She adorned her black cloak, hood up. From another person's standpoint, she would look like an assassin. Hidden in her sleeve was her dagger, ready for any action. She was rather bored as she had about next to nothing to do. So she would just wander the floor a bit. She rounded the corner of a building and came across three players. One who sat upon a bench, this player had brown hair and watched the white-haired man pass by. The white-haired man was not alone. He was with a darker haired player who appeared to be going in the introduction phase with the man. The hooded character stared as she walked by, trying to remember where she seen the dark-haired man. Then it came to her. This man was in the Asterios fight. He was with the stupid guild that brought such low level players to the fight. She laughed quietly from where she stood. It was a darker laugh. She thought the entire guild of theirs was nothing. The idea of helping players that could not help themselves was pointless. It brought you nowhere. The Celestial Ascendants she had believe to have ended up as a Frontline guild, but was still guilty. She would remain silent from there watching on to see if the players would dare to speak with her. She doubted it. She was a dangerous threat when messed with.

Typhoon wandered through the first floor. The place for kids like him was rather boring, and he snuck out all the time to explore through the city. It was so vast, and usually there was fun to be had. He wore his Blue shirt and Jacket, and then his jeans. His sword lay on his back where it stood all the time. He did not use it as it was far to heavy. As he moved forward, a scene developed in front of him. A player with brown hair sat on a bench, a white haired player walked with little purpose in his step. Another player spoke to the white player and a cloaked figure stood watching it all. He smiled. Oh the trouble he could cause here. He grabbed a pebble that lay on the ground and bounced it up and down in his hand. As he walked forward, he collected three more rocks. Four in total. He grinned and focused on each of the people. He reared is hand back and chucked the rock hitting the man on the bench (@Vigilon) right on the head. Making no pause, he moved forward to nail each of the other to players in the back (@Yzjdriel & @Stryder) and then hit the cloaked figure (@Hidden) with a rock straight on the leg. He laughed and burst forward, the weapon on his back bouncing as he ran past them. 

Vigilon thought it was nice seeing Stryder again. After all, he did save Vigilon from a boar ambush some time ago. But then he soon felt like he was being watched. When he saw a cloaked figure, who appeared to be an assassin, he assumed this player certainly couldn't be trusted, that is, judging from outward appearance. He was about to get up and draw his sword, despite that he was in a safe zone, when a stone nailed him in the head. That set him off. He began to chase after the young troublemaker. "HEY! WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING KID!!!" It was hard to do so, but he scanned the area for any materials.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Not exactly anything. He tried. But back to the situation. Vigilon began to catch up, slowly but surely(This kid seemed fast. Either that or Vigilon had a slow start), and he almost forgot about the others, but he kept them in his mind. "GET BACK HERE! COME HERE NOW, YOU TROUBLEMAKER!!!"

ID# 83505 LD: 11(failed)

@Yzjdriel @Stryder @Hidden @Typhoon

She stood watching the people and decided she was through with it. She went to turn but she felt a sharp pain in her leg, rather brief, and more of annoyance than pain. "GET BACK HERE KID" Was all she heard. She turned to find a blue-haired trouble maker running from the scene. She felt a strange twinge of anger and also started after him, not saying any words. She fell in stride right behind the brown-haired man that was also chasing him. It was obvious to her that they would not be catching this kid at this rate. Her dagger fell into her hands but she had no intentions to kill, only scare at this point. She sped up, moving around the brown-haired man. She said nothing as she walked around him, but she kept focused on her main target. This kid was apparently pretty fast. Perhaps he did this a lot. She would make him learn about pegging random people with stones. Fear and Pain were the best teachers, and fear was the one to visit this kid. She felt zero remorse for what she just did to the brown-haired man and she wasn't going to lose sleep over scaring a kid.

@Typhoon

83523 LD:16+4=20
4 Mats in total

Sorry @Vigilon, forgot to follow some rules with that move. 

Edited by Hidden

Before Zid could respond to the other player, something small and hard hit him directly in the small of the back.  "Ow..."  Wait.  That didn't actually hurt.  So pain wasn't a thing in a game where death was real?  That was alarmingly convenient.

As he whirled to face whatever had hit him, he saw a player spring up from a bench (@Vigilon) to give chase to a blue-haired player (@Typhoon), a hooded player (@Hidden) breaking into a run as well.  Looking down, he saw a pair of pebbles, and quickly deduced that the blue-haired player had thrown them as a prank.  He chuckled slightly and turned back to the first player (@Stryder).  "I'm doing rather well, actually.  I stayed behind a little after Kayaba's announcement to let the more experienced VR guys get going.  I figured there'd be a more... robust tutorial coming from some of the players sooner or later, and since this is my first full-dive, I didn't want to get myself killed by not knowing exactly how to play.  Besides, I know I've got 20 HP, but I don't know how much that really is, you know?"  He shrugged and held out his hand for Stryder to shake.  "I'm Zid."

When the stone was thrown, Sky quickly turned, only to see it hit him in the face. He couldn't help but stumble back a tiny bit, before looking down and seeing the rock, and three players running off. He saw a player in a hood.... Though to him that seemed like a red player, he knew it wasn't, you couldn't actually be a red player in a safe zone, but still, he didn't like the look of that player. He turned back to Zid

So... this player stayed behind and decided against leaving straight away... Sky couldn't lie, he had done the same. He had waited awhile, but now he was on a roll, and was going to save everyone. Nothing was going to stop him, he was going to make it. 

"Hey Zid, I'm Stryder, Rank 1 In the Info Division of the guild Emerald Harbingers" He said to him, and since he was talking to a low leveled player, he introduced his guild, as its goal was to help low level players.  He shook his hand, deciding to answer some questions.

"Twenty isn't a lot, I'm at level 11 Right now and i have 220 Health. I would offer to take you hunting, but the fear is that the mobs i attract.... Theirs a good chance they will kill you instantly. If your happy to though, im happy to help teach you the basics, i know spots that won't draw in those high level monsters" He said, knowing places he could go without drawing in hundred health mobs. "Just saying, the first game you dive into is the best. That feeling is amazing, you will remember it... Shame it had to be this death trap" He said to him, smiling as he looked at him. "Anything in particular you want to learn?"

@Yzjdriel

Edited by Stryder

Vigilon was getting close, and soon the hooded player was right beside him. Vigilon slowed down, thought for a minute, and decided that scolding the blue haired child would have to wait. The hooded player seemed a bigger threat, and was chasing after the boy as well. It didn't make much sense here, for this player seemed like someone who would kill, and this was a safe zone. Nevertheless, he decided to chase to the hooded player instead. As he started after the player, he scanned the area as he ran.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Still nothing, but that didn't matter. The hooded player appeared to be more dangerous than the young troublemaker. Sure, he nailed Vigilon in the head, but he didn't deserve an assassination. "I won't let you harm that kid!" He began to think about how he would stop/stall this player so the kid could escape as he ran, slowly catching up.

ID# 83550 LD: 11(failed)

OOC: It's ok, Hidden. I've made changes to my post so it doesn't contradict the thread or whatever. Point remains the same though :P

Edited by Vigilon

Okay, so it IS linear HP scaling, he mused as he listened to Stryder.  He smirked along with Stryder at the mention of higher-level mobs instantly killing him.  He nodded at the mention of the first full-dive.  At the question of what he'd like to learn, he responded immediately.  "As a matter of fact, there is, yes.  I was hoping you could give me a quick rundown of the skill system and things like Sword Arts and the like.  I'd also appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of one of the NPCs who can help with the crafting and profession systems."  He paused, watching the player who'd been sitting on the bench start to chase the hooded player rather than the blue-haired prankster.  "Hooded emo over there's overreacting a little, don't you think?  It was just a prank, after all.  No harm done.  I mean," he added with a chuckle, "I've still got full HP."

@Stryder

He looked over, deciding to just ignore it. They were in a safe zone, so... Well.... Yeah. He wanted a run down on the skill system, and sword arts, which he could give, mostly. He looked at his sword, guessing he was using one handed swords, like he had been before ending up with these gloves for higher damage output. 

"I would ignore that. Were in a safe zone, nothing that happens outside of accepting a duel can lower our health. But once your outside.... be careful. As for the profession system, i can help you do at a later date, first thing's first lets show you outside the town of beginnings. It will be hard for me to show you exactly the combat since i'm using Martial Arts, but i did use Swords, but at level one.... You can't use any. It kinda sucks. I can show you the basics, and once you level up a little, i'l take you hunting if ya want. Just gotta make sure you won't die in one hit...." He said, offering to help him with everything he wanted. He then decided to answer that.

"Watch out for players like that, their unpredictable, you never know what they could do, keep your guard up" He said. He was glad so far he hadn't dealt with any PKers, but they were out there.... He had to watch out.

( @YzjdrielIf you want to do the quest for a profession Pm me, im happy to take it with you :) )

Edited by Stryder

Zid tilted his head thoughtfully at the mention of the safe zone, noting that the hooded player still had his or her dagger out knowing full well they were in a safe zone.  "If that's so then I wonder why the other guy's so bent on stopping them from scaring the guy.  I mean, sure, it was just a harmless prank, but you can't reasonably expect everyone to have a sense of humor in this game."  Well, that last part was conjecture on his part, but it seemed reasonable, given the response this prank had received.

Either way, he was glad for the help.  "Thanks very much for the offer, I think I'll take you up on that."  With another player to show him around, he wouldn't have to worry about running into an area with high-level mobs.  If he was lucky, he'd also make a few friends in the process.

@Stryder

"From what i know, the guy who had originally chased, not the hooded gal, he has a short temper. The hooded girl..... I don't know anything about that one, though she obviously has some kind of grudge against people" He said to him, sighing as he decided to just drop it. It was a prank, but it was one going out of proportion. He just didn't want a part in it.

"So, what do you want to do first? I can take you out to fight a weak mob, show you around the town. I could kill a strong mob and get you loot, though its dangerous, whatcha want to learn first?" He asked, adding "Show you how to get materials, its a fun job....." And with that adition, he sighed, showing he was being sarcastic. He was a little worried about fighting in general.... But he didn't know how else to teach this guy. He decided to leave it up to him, the choice was his, he was the one learning.

On 5/3/2017 at 9:28 AM, Stryder said:

"From what i know, the guy who had originally chased, not the hooded gal, he has a short temper. The hooded girl..... I don't know anything about that one, though she obviously has some kind of grudge against people" He said to him, sighing as he decided to just drop it. It was a prank, but it was one going out of proportion. He just didn't want a part in it.

"So, what do you want to do first? I can take you out to fight a weak mob, show you around the town. I could kill a strong mob and get you loot, though its dangerous, whatcha want to learn first?" He asked, adding "Show you how to get materials, its a fun job....." And with that adition, he sighed, showing he was being sarcastic. He was a little worried about fighting in general.... But he didn't know how else to teach this guy. He decided to leave it up to him, the choice was his, he was the one learning.

Zid responded to Stryder's comments about the girl with a noncommittal shrug.  "Or a grudge against Kayaba.  But we can't exactly take that out on him, can we?"  Looking around, he didn't notice anything else going on, so he shrugged again.  "I'll have to learn how to get materials at some point, and that seems like the least dangerous thing to do at the moment.  Though I wouldn't mind finding a few Level One mobs to gank first, if that's possible."  He laughed.  "Whatever you feel like, really.  I'm just glad for the help."  Today was indeed going far better than he had expected.  He honestly wasn't sure how he'd been expecting the day to go, but finding someone who was so willing to help him just like that had certainly not been part of said expectation.  Turning a slow circle, he once again took in the beautiful sight that was Aincrad.

@Stryder

Edited by Yzjdriel

Sky couldn't help but sigh at the mention of Kayaba. The guy had such potential, but he wasted in trapping them all in this [censored] show. He nodded afterwards, when he talked about mobs. He started to lead him towards the edge of the town, heading towards the fields where they would find some level one boars, and maybe something a little stronger.

"I'm not ganking anything, i'l teach you the basics of how to fight. I have used a sword before, but at the moment i'm using martial arts as my weapon, but i'l try and do my best to guide you. If we gank, you won't learn. Don't worry, i'l be right here if something goes wrong, you go below half health i'l step in and end it" He said, smiling at the guy. He wasn't about to let him die. He wondered how he would show him to fight if he could just one shot the mobs... He decided to just give him a speed tutorial, show him the basics, and later on maybe show him how to fight something a lot stronger, once he was sure the guy could enter the fight and not die.

Let's roll, shall we!?

Unable to catch up(Man, those two were fast!), Vigilon began to sprint, but failed to pay attention to his surroundings and tripped. He looked at the rock he had tripped on. A gemstone could be seen from the surface of the rock. "Darn stupid rock," He grumbled as he got the gem out of the stone. He got up, looked at the chase scene that was getting smaller, and sighed. "Best of luck to you, prankster, I can't help you here." He looked the other way, and remembered something. He was hoping to help the new guy out! And here Vigilon was, embarrassed over his latest issue. He walked over to Stryder and the other player, listening carefully as he got closer. Ganking low level mobs? Even Vigilon had trouble with that when he was level 2! Then again, he didn't need to fear anything when he had help. "So you want to start off fighting mobs, do you? I admit you seem quite courageous with those words, but perhaps you should take a more cautious approach. Looking for materials is a good way to start, but if you insist on fighting, we can help you out so nobody dies."

ID# 83998 LD: 18(+1 Mat)