[PP-F4] Throwback <<Avalanche>>

Arabelle nodded and immediately took a few paces backward, distancing herself from the upcoming fight. The quest mob neared the team, the trembling of the ground getting stronger as it did. Arabelle took a few steps up a nearby hill (not the hill from where the mob came from obviously) where she would spectate until Vigilon called for her. Avalanche was close enough that she could see its HP bar now and it briefly paused in its advance, raising its big fists as if to smash Vigilon to the ground. Of course, he wasted no time in charging the enemy and effectively stunning it with a mid-leveled Sword Art.

She didn't plan on jumping in, even before Vigilon told her to stay put. If she accidentally generated a critical hit, and he wasn't able to land another hit... She shivered at the possible outcome. How much Hate did he generate with that, anyway? 

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 4 DMG
[H: 1] Vigilon:   360/360 HP | 34/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG {Stunned}

[WC: 153]

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big ugly iceberg had raised it's fists to try and crush Vigilon before the attack that stunned it. Of course, that shouldn't matter at the moment. Vigilon grinned. "Well now, let's see what you've got, and if anything's changed since the last time we fought! Come at me, ugly!" He rushed for his enemy, hoping to get enough of it's attention so that the newbie could jump in safely. However, it seemed that Outlander hadn't jumped in either. Sure, it had Vigilon worried slightly, but there was no way this big chunk of ice could kill Vigilon before it got killed itself. He called out to his familiar, Veriost, the following battle-combo attack. "Ice blade!" Vigilon didn't know if this would work, with the enemy being made of ice and all, and the fact that this technique was to coat the weapon in freezing, sharp ice to keep the small white frost dragon's assistance in the fight, in one of various ways. Vigilon did not expect to miss a stunned opponent. "Dagnabit! And by only half an inch, too? Really?"

@Arabelle

ID# 99146 BD: 4+1=5(Miss)

[H: 1] Vigilon:   360/360 HP | 33/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG [Stun Immunity: 2 turns]

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 weeks later...

Arabelle tensed as Vigilon made his attack, ready to jump in right after. She watched as the player called out a small, white dragon (his familiar?) and attempted to execute some type of combo attack. Arabelle inched closer but quickly found herself moving backward as she witnessed her teammate miss his attack. Welp. I guess I'll have to wait for a little longer. If she didn't know how difficult it was to wield a sword, she would've laughed at his failure. But she knew--and experienced firsthand--how difficult it was, so she remained silent about it, her facial expression unchanging as she observed the ongoing battle.

Meanwhile, Outlander hadn't chosen to attack yet. She cast him a quick gaze and surmised that he was probably waiting for Vigilon to accumulate enough Hate as well. Avalanche dealt enough damage to be taken seriously, after all. She turned her head and returned to silently observing the battle, waiting for the right chance to strike.

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

ID: 100617 | MD: 8 - 1 = 7

[H: 1] Vigilon:   329/360 HP | 33/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed [-31 HP]

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG [Stun Immunity: 2 turns]

[WC: 161]

Edited by Arabelle
  • 4 weeks later...

(OOC: Oh crap I forgot about this thread I'm so sorry! Also, @Arabelle, since you were the one who spawned Avalanche, it's up to you to roll the MD for his actions.)

Avalanche would be destroyed at this rate, Vigilon just needed to be able to hit it. He readied his sword art again, but not only did he miss by an inch again, but he ended up tripping right after he missed...which lead to him going down the snow covered hill in a growing snowball. Figures. He rolled around the hills until the snowball broke upon hitting a wall of ice. "Augh! Cold...head tingling...aggghhhh....." Dizzy, and possibly with an exterior brain freeze as well, he stumbled around until he got back to the scene of combat. "I'm...I'm still in the game...I can still do this!" Terrible impressions or not, he'd be able to slay this thing, on his lonesome if he had to. He wasn't going to let the giant icicle hurt Arabelle. He stumbled his way until he was in front of the creature. If he couldn't keep it's attention by hitting it, he would aggravate it with his persistence and guts.

ID# 100497 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

[H: 1] Vigilon:   329/360 HP | 32/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG [Stun Immunity: 2 turns]

Edited by Vigilon

"Vigilon!" Arabelle exclaimed from her spot on the hill. Oh god, now I just turned into that useless anime trope. She watched helplessly as the boy rolled down the hill and disappeared from her view. Avalanche stomped after him angrily, and if the ground's shaking was any indication, the mob had probably taken advantage of the player's momentary vulnerability to land a hit by now. She winced as she saw her party member's HP go down, and began carefully making her way down the hill, barely taking notice of their other teammate, Outlander. Arabelle didn't want to trip and roll down the hill as Vigilon just did. The fall damage, if there was any, would probably kill her. She carefully circled the mob, keeping a good distance from it and spotted the boy getting back up and standing between her and the large ice elemental. Oh, good. And here she thought she would have to chuck potions at him until he recovered. She quickly placed some more distance between her and the mob but kept her battle axe at ready.

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

ID: 100618 | MD: 7 - 1 = 6

[H: 1] Vigilon:   298/360 HP | 33/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed [-31 HP]

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG [Stun Immunity: 1 turn]

[ooc: I completely forgot about that! Went back and rolled for the mob's actions since it already lost its stun a turn ago. Just go back and edit your HP value, will you?]

Edited by Arabelle

(OOC: Vigilon isn't defenseless, he has 9 MIT. It might suck when compared to the damage certain foes can pull off, but due to the MIT he has, nevertheless, he has only taken a total of 62 Damage)

Cold and dazed. He couldn't have been in a worse situation during a fight for such a cold floor as this. However, that wasn't going to stop him from making his attempts to hit the darn thing. At some point, he would be able to not only keep it's attention, but he could manage to deal a fearsome blow in the process, in hopes of there being less danger for at least two players in the vicinity. "I'm still kickin', all right! Don't you dare think that I'll back down now!" He rushed in to attack, and yet again his attack missed. Could the snowy terrain's color somehow be messing with Vigilon's aim and timing? If one thing was true, this little miss streak was already getting tiring. "Guess I'll have to come up with a better aiming strategy..." He would make sure he was always moving to the area between the giant icicle and Arabelle, thus only leaving Vigilon to get hurt.

@Arabelle

ID# 100668 BD: 2+1=3(Miss) (OOC: Seriously?? Three misses in a row??)

[H: 1] Vigilon:   298/360 HP | 33/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG [Stun Immunity: 1 turn]

Edited by Vigilon

Arabelle placed more distance between her and the fight once again, climbing up the snowy hill she'd positioned herself on previously. Hopefully, @Vigilonwouldn't feel the need to focus on her too much and concentrate on landing hits. Which, to be honest, he wasn't doing well right now. Three misses in a row. Does the terrain interfere with a player's ACC stat? Her gaze moved to the upper left corner of her vision. No debuffs in effect. Maybe the problem is how difficult it is to move around in the snow. It was a good assumption, she supposed. Arabelle couldn't move forward a few steps without her feet sinking into the snow. 

Avalanche raised its big fists and smashed down on the ground in front of Vigilon. From where she was standing, she could hear the mob growling unhappily at its miss. "At least the mob's unlucky, too," Arabelle commented with a sigh.

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

ID: 100752 | MD: 4 - 1 = 3

[H: 1] Vigilon:   298/360 HP | 33/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 76/100 HP | 40 DMG

[ooc: filler post from me. welp. forgot about your MIT, too. battle stats from previous posts have been edited~]

Edited by Arabelle

Vigilon saw the monster's fists coming down. He jumped back, avoiding the attack and it's impact on the ground in time. It growled over it's failure to strike Vigilon. "Have I annoyed you yet? Well, you're in for more!" He readied his sword. "Hopefully..." He was going to rush for his foe, but he'd forgotten to carefully move forward again, for he ended up stepping on the side of the snow covered hill, and he...slipped. This time, he ended up rolling around in a big snowball backwards. Humiliating. "Darn you, snow. Darn you, Avalanche. Darn you, surprise from physics..." He eventually rolled into another ice wall, cold, dazed, and with a freezing headache. "Gaaaaagggggggaaaagggggghhhh....." He stumbled his way back, falling into the snow from his dizziness once or twice. He was still able to get up and keep going, though. he once again returned to his position of being in the big icicle's way. "It can't get much worse than this, can it?"

@Arabelle

ID# 100756 BD: 1(Crit. Miss!!)

[H: 1] Vigilon:   298/360 HP | 32/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Edited by Vigilon

@Vigilon missed. And he rolled down the hill with Avalanche stomping angrily after him. Again. Arabelle pressed a gloved palm to her face. Doesn't this scene seem familiar? It was almost like she went back in time somehow, with Vigilon rolling down the hill in a different manner. She watched the big Vigilon snowball roll into a wall of ice and burst. At the top left corner of her vision, she spotted his HP going down as the big ice elemental let out a joyful roar and pummeled the boy with its big fists. "The mob is still luckier than Vigilon. This one needs a nerf, game maker," Arabelle commented to herself tiredly. Then she laughed a bit at her own joke.

Was she supposed to jump in now? Avalanche had already chased Vigilon around enough times to assure her that its attention was definitely on the brunet. However, he had told her earlier not to fight until he told her to...I suppose I'll have to follow the higher-leveled player's orders on this.

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

ID: 100759 | MD: 9 - 1 = 8 [crit +1]

[H: 1] Vigilon:   266/360 HP | 32/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed [-32 HP]

Edited by Arabelle

"Welp, there it is..." He thought as the abominable iceman began to pummel him. Getting bullied by big fat ice cannon. Wow. Why did he ask himself if it could get worse? It was practically a jinx for things getting worse! "I've just gotta turn things around, or at least return the favor! This has got to be dealt with! I can't just sit here and get pummeled with a four in a row and counting miss streak like this!" He found his opportunity to strike. He managed to get up the surprisingly climbable ice wall, and execute his Sword Art against his opponent, not only dealing strong blows with his attack, but inflicting the bleed status ailment on it, too. Wouldn't be long now...besides, the well executed attack was sure to anger it. "How was that, ice hulk? Come at me!" He looked to Arabelle. "I think it's safe to jump in now, I've got it's eyes completely on me!"

@Arabelle

ID# 100762 BD: 10(Critical, +2 Base DMG), CD: 6(Recovered an additional 2 Energy)

Vertical Arc- 8x4=32

[H: 3] Vigilon:   266/360 HP | 31/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 44/100 HP | 40 DMG, Bleed: 2 Turns, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Arabelle practically held her breath as she witnessed @Vigilon attempt another attack. But it seemed that the boy was angry enough at missing four attacks in a row and continuously being attacked by Avalanche in turn, as his next attack hit. It was even a crit too. Avalanche growled angrily and moved in to attack the boy once again. Arabelle hopped in place energetically, watching the quest mob go through its slow attacking motions. Then, Vigilon called out to her. Finally!

Her battle axe already in hand, she zipped down the snowy hill (taking care not to trip as her party member just did earlier) and her weapon glowed a bright green as she activated her Sword Art. However, it was at that time that Avalanche decided to stomp angrily on the ground, sending a mini underground shockwave that tripped her and sent her sprawling. The weapon's bright green glow died and she scrambled up, quickly backing away from the mob. No damage to her. Lots of damage to Vigilon. And the mob took bleed damage. She was at 0 EN and would have to wait for it to go back up to attempt another Sword Art again.  Lovely.

Spoiler

ID: 100808 | BD: 4 | MD: 8 - 1 = 7

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 4 DMG [-2 EN]
[H: 3] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 31/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed [-31 HP]

Avalanche: 32/100 HP | 40 DMG, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG | [-12 HP (bleed)]

Edited by Arabelle

Aaaaaand Avalanche prevented Arabelle's chance to attack, along with dealing damage to Vigilon in the process. He had an idea, though. If he could use his weaker Sword Art, he could give Arabelle the chance to deal the final blow. It's HP was almost in the red, so why not take this chance? "I'll try and weaken him with a less powerful Sword Art. I'm sure you might be able to deal the final blow if I do so!" Even if the bleed damage would be what finished it off, he could still let Arabelle get the last hit on the abominable iceman. Vigilon rushed straight for the monster as he readied his Sword Art. He intended to make a jumping strike, too. However, it seemed like the giant icicle was ready for that. Vigilon would find himself tumbling onto the snow covered ground, but he didn't end up in a snowball this time. "Well, that could have gone better..."

@Arabelle

ID# 100852 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 4 DMG |
[H: 3] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 30/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 32/100 HP | 40 DMG, Bleed: 1 Turn, 12 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Arabelle let out a puff of cold air as she once again passively watched the combat in front of her. @Vigilon jumped high up into the air, aiming for the large ice elemental's right arm, but was quickly batted away by the mob. He landed on the snow with a loud thump! but didn't take any damage. Arabelle supposed it didn't count as a direct attack. Or maybe the mob didn't hit him hard enough, and he didn't take fall damage because he landed on softer ground. Well, it didn't matter. The point was, the boy luckily took no damage from that hit.

Avalanche then growled and pounded its fist onto the ground where Vigilon had landed. However, the boy was still uncontrollably rolling away from the mob and the ice elemental slammed its fist on the empty ground. A miss, and quite a funny one. Arabelle's gaze moved to the upper-left corner of her vision. 1/2 EN. Few more seconds of waiting and she could finally jump back in.

Spoiler

Arabelle takes no action

ID: 100859 | MD: 5 - 1 = 4

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 4 DMG |
[H: 3] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 30/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 20/100 HP | 40 DMG | [-12 HP (bleed)]

Edited by Arabelle

Vigilon was at least able to have a little luck in his mishap. The giant icicle, Avalanche, had failed to be able to strike Vigilon during his tumble. The glass, or ice cannon had missed Vigilon, and it wouldn't take much at all to finish it off. "Alright, you want some more, you big fat living ice sculpture reject?" He readied his sword, and rushed in to attack with the Sword Art known as Snake Bite, striking the monster three times. The abominable iceman's HP was in the red, and almost fully depleted. Vigilon smirked. It wouldn't matter whether he would miss or not anymore. He would leave the rest to Arabelle, especially since he would have the miniature iceberg's full attention for the rest of the battle. "No need to worry, Arabelle! Even a typical attack should finish this! I'm leaving the rest to you, but Avalanche will be focused entirely on me, so strike when you're ready!"

@Arabelle

ID# 100892 BD: 6+1=7(Hit), CD: 11(Recovered an additional 2 energy)

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 4 DMG |
[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 30/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 2/100 HP | 40 DMG |

Edited by Vigilon

"Ice sculpture reject," Arabelle snorted, bringing a gloved hand to her mouth. It was funny, hearing the player try out his own creative taunts against the quest mob (who in turn, couldn't really do anything about it aside from stomping angrily in their preset AI behavior). @Vigilon then successfully executed a less powerful three-strike Sword Art against the mob. How his sword actually pierced through the solid ice well enough to cause damage, Arabelle didn't know. Game logic. But either way, it was pretty evident he wanted her to get the last hit. So the item would drop and she would end up actually contributing to the battle. Looking at you, Outlander dude. She briefly eyed the other boy who hadn't moved from his spot for the entire duration of the battle. He was probably a bigger coward than he showed himself to be.

"Strike when you're ready!" Vigilon called out, standing a few meters away from her. He was still positioned between her and the mob, for extra assurance. Arabelle nodded mutely and brandished her heavy starter axe. He had told her a basic attack would do, so she sped forward and swung her axe down on Avalanche's right leg as hard as she could. Like a woodcutter would do with a tree's trunk. However, this wasn't a simple tree she was facing, it was a damn solid block of ice as she'd already established earlier. Her axe bounced right off, barely even making a scratch, and Arabelle quickly scampered backward as the angry and desperate quest mob tried and failed to land an attack on Vigilon. 

Spoiler

ID: 100893 | BD: 4 | MD: 4 - 1 = 3

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 4 DMG [-2 EN (miss)]
[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 30/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 2/100 HP | 40 DMG |

Edited by Arabelle

It wouldn't be too long now. It's HP was in the red, he had the monster's attention, and there didn't seem to be anything that could go horribly wrong at the moment. It seemed that Outlander hadn't done a thing whatsoever. "What's wrong, Outlander? Chicken?" Vigilon fought the urge to say those words out loud, especially now, since he was hoping for Arabelle to get the last hit on the thing. Arabelle attempted to attack, but her weapon bounced off of the monster's icy body. "...Huh. I thought that would work. ...Maybe you should try again, just in a different spot...?" He was honestly making a wild guess of what to do. Not exactly the best way to go about all of this. The abominable ice sculpture attempted to attack Vigilon, but he was able to jump out of the way. "Too slow!" As long as he had the monster's attention, they had this fight in the bag.

@Arabelle

[Vigilon takes no action]

[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 31/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Arabelle raised an eyebrow at @Vigilon's suggestion. So basically, trial and error? She wouldn't lie, she was expecting something more strategic from the higher-leveled player. She glanced at the quest mob, then at @Outlander, who still wasn't moving from his spot. Even though the mob was at 2 HP. Had its full attention on Vigilon. And probably wouldn't kill him in a hit anyway. At least she was doing loads better than him. She reluctantly refrained from teasing the other boy (he accepted her request for help after all, even though he wasn't doing anything), and rolled to the side as Avalanche angrily slammed its fist against the ground with a roar. It missed its target by a few inches. "Getting flustered now, you oversized popsicle?" She swung her axe before the quest mob could lift its arm back up. Only to bounce off against the solid ice once again. She frowned and leaped back as Avalanche lifted its arm. How about the space between the ice boulders making up its leg, then?

Spoiler

ID: 101076 | BD: 3 | MD: 6 - 1 = 5

[H: 0] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 4 DMG [-2 EN]
[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 31/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Edited by Arabelle

Vigilon might not have been the most experienced player around, nor was he a veteran, so to speak. He had only been doing these shenanigans for almost a year, or, at least, what felt like almost a year(even though it really wasn't). Outlander was still standing there, so Vigilon decided to ignore the fact that he was even there for the time being. He kept his attention on the big ice monster, the abominable iceman, Avalanche. He jumped back when Avalanche tried to attack, and the ice sculpture reject missed by about a few inches. Arabelle tried to attack again, but once again, the attack completely bounced off. Could Sword Arts be the only way to damage it? No, that couldn't be the case. Vigilon had played numerous games with troublesome bosses like these, in which typical attacks couldn't possibly work unless it was on... "A weak spot, there's gotta be a weak spot on that thing somewhere!" Vigilon began to carefully look at Avalanche, not only hoping to evade it's attacks, but possibly look for something that could be a weak spot.

@Arabelle

[Vigilon takes no action]

[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 32/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

"Yep. A weak spot," Arabelle repeated @Vigilon's exclamation distractedly. She quickly took in the quest mob's build and looked at the ice elemental's legs. Easy to reach, but she'd tried that already. As well as the arms. What about the head? Too high, no way. Damn, she really needed a sharper weapon. Her gaze wandered to Avalanche's left side and zeroed in on a spot her party member had landed a mid-leveled Sword Art on awhile ago. The ice around the cut had chipped off and a few shards fell to the ground as the angry ice mob raised its fists to attack once again. Arabelle grinned.  "Ooooooh. Let's try this one!"

She readied her axe and circled the quest mob, her eyes glued to the weak spot she had identified earlier. Luckily, the mob still wasn't paying any attention to her. And just before Avalanche could bring its fists down, Arabelle sprang and swung her axe in the same sideways-chopping motion she had used previously. This time, it hit the target. And the target exploded into shards of red as it did. She yelped in surprise and clumsily let go of the axe, stumbling in an attempt to regain her balance.

Arabelle looked back at Vigilon and picked her weapon up. "We're done!" she cheered, her axe disappearing as she placed it back into her inventory.  "Vigilon, did you want the quest item or the Col reward? Oh! Or maybe we could get both if there are any treasure chests lying around."

Spoiler

ID: 101131 | BD: 9 [crit, +1] | MD: 7 - 1 = 6

[H: 2] Arabelle: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 4 DMG |
[H: 4] Vigilon:   235/360 HP | 32/41 EN | 6 DMG | 9 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 Recovery | 1 Bleed |

Avalanche: 0/100 HP | 40 DMG | [-5 HP]

Edited by Arabelle

Vigilon watched as Arabelle found the weak spot(which seemed to be where he had struck earlier with his Sword Art) and struck the giant icicle down in one swing. The quest mob shattered, and the fight was finally over. Vigilon sheathed his blade as Arabelle cheered over the success. Arabelle then asked him if he wanted the quest item or the Col reward. He didn't know about any col reward, but he he could definitely say, "Well, everyone who fights that thing gets a quest reward, so even though the item <<Snowfrost>> has appeared in my inventory, you have it too." Arabelle had also mentioned chests which also seemed like a hopeful idea. He began rummaging through large piles of snow, hoping to find anything concealed within. There wasn't. "*sigh*, Well, so much for that idea." Sure, there wasn't a chest around here, but there was always next time. Besides, it would be kind of difficult to spot a chest within or buried under snow when there was so much of it all around.

ID# 101172 LD: 6+1=7(Failed to find a chest)

@Arabelle

Edited by Vigilon