[PP-22] Sword and Board (Shield)

Baldur waded out into the water with Shield, his haori spreading out around him like a lily pad as the samurai-wanna-be grabbed the other handle and hauled against it. It was difficult to move, not just because of the weight, but because of the resistance of the water and the suction of the muck that lined the lake floor. Thankfully, this one wasn't very deep, but due to the color of the water and the reflection of the floor above and the refraction of the light, Baldur would have never seen it without Shield's help. Even after the tank had begun to walk into the water, Baldur couldn't make it out until he gripped the first handle.

"So, do you have a good feeling about this one?" Baldur gave a smile and then gave a playful kick of the chest once they had set it upon dry land. It looked in pristine shape, considing the water it had been sitting in, but then, this was a video game, and you could only simulate physics so far. Some developer had only made so many treasure chest models, and the system probably littered them through the castle based on the conditions that they were seeded into.

"I could really use some Tier 3 mats."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening Chest - UsingGolden Key

ID# 101268 results: Loot: 19+7=26

6250 Col, 12 materials, 1 perfect T3 weapon, 1 perfect T3 armor/shield, 2 perfect T3 consumables

After fighting their way back to shore, the chest fell with a heavy thud on the now wet, grimy ground. Shield searched through his frequently used items and brought forth a single Golden Key. He held the lustrous piece of worked metal to the lock and watched as it's shape gave way to a cascade of golden glitter.

With a pop, the lock undid itself and the lid inched open just enough to clearly display that the lock had been dismantled. A display window popped into view, listing out the contents of the chest. Shield gave a lot whistle.

"We hit the jackpot here," he said, stepping back to let Baldur see for himself. "We found your materials. And my armor. And a weapon. And then some." Shield had found such treasure troves before, but very rarely, and not often on such a high floor. "I'll take it as a good omen for our future endeavours."

With its contents empty, the chest burst into fragments of light, its endurance now depleted. Shield straightened up and gave a satisfied nod before beginning the trek back to town. At the floor exit, he turned to face Baldur.

"I'm sure there will be more to say, but we have a start at least." He reached out and cuffed his comrade's shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze. "Go well. I'll see you on the lines. There's a lot left to come."

Spoiler

[Thread Rewards]

- Shield -

2 SP

1 x Perfect T3 Armor/Shield

[101268a]

1 x Perfect T3 Weapon

[101268b]

2 x Perfect T3 Consumables

[101268c] [101268d]

- Baldur -

12 x T3 Materials