[PP-F1] Broken Sunsets

The suns rays dimmed as it descended below the horizon, shattering the colors an creating a orange tint to everything. The moon’s silhouette could be seen through the clouds, almost as if patiently waiting for the sun to fall so it could take its place. Jade admired the moon when she was younger, it was free to do what it wanted without restraint, something she used to yearn for, but now, she felt empty, no, more empty than usual. The walks were barely helping anymore, if anything, given herself time to think only worsened her. She needed something to occupy her, to keep her busy. Jade sat down on one of the nearby benches that littered the streets. She stared blankly at the ground, her eyes glassy and glazed over. “Where was I…” Jade spoke softly to herself. “...just going…” Silence returned like a fog, not a single noise not even in the streets of the the town of new beginnings was heard. Jade took note of this and looked up, seeing almost no one, almost...

@Neopolitan

Edited by Ghost

(In case stats are needed, note to self: level 29 with hide)

It had been some time, so Neo thought it would be best if she could come back to the first floor and mourn once again for the loss of her friend. It was still hard to deal with, but it seemed each time she came to remember her loss, she gained something instead. Last time it was because she had begun to hunt the dragon hatchlings guarding gemstones. Perhaps this time it would be a new quest that had been revealed, or perhaps she could go take on a dungeon. For now, she left a flower below Vanilla's name, tracing her finger between her and her killer's name. She had sworn to herself that one day they would pay, and that one day would be the day that she could finally be free of the torture this game had brought. Perhaps then she could accept the gifts this game had given.

She moved away from the Monument of Life and back towards the central plaza. It seemed for now there would be nothing new to greet her. But at least for the moment, she thought to meditate on one of the benches surrounding the transporter. It was the one spot she could find that was still free without sitting directly on the ground, and she quickly crossed her legs and let herself fade into thoughts of the future.

@Ghost

The player looked a little down, at the same time, contemplating something. She remembered the day she had with her first “friend”. “M-Maybe, I should try it…” Jade whispered to herself. “...try to make another.” Jade got up and walked over to the player’s bench. Every step got heavier, harder to move forward. Each step felt like a lead weight was added to her ankles.  She sat down, shaking, she hadn’t ever done this before. “G-Greetings…” Jade said, her face red, her voice shaking. What was I thinking! This was an awful idea! I’ve already gone this far, I mind as well go through with it.. “...lovely evening, i-isn’t it?” Jade never even looked in the direction of the player, her eyes were locked to the brick road in front of the bench. The trees continued swaying in the wind, the sun kept crawling downward, but yet, to Jade, everything felt still, it felt like this would last forever, in this moment.

@Neopolitan

Neo's thoughts were flowing freely, though quickly interrupted by someone else speaking to her. She opened her eyes, and noticed that there was another player in front of her. Nodding her head in agreement with the player, Neo uncrossed her legs and placed her feet on the ground. Her parasol was hanging from her side like a sword sheathe, as it was not currently in use. Though it currently lay on the bench, Neo dragged it across her lap. Her expression was still rather neutral, not wishing to give away the painful memories tucked inside of her. Yet, she could not manage to show that much happiness towards this player to completely dissuade her from asking about herself. Hopefully, they would either walk away from her silence or give Neo the chance to do something. Standing on the brink of letting go with nothing to distract her was not the place she wished to be standing in.

@Ghost