[F09- PP] Trashin' the Camp <<Bandit Camp>> w/ Shield

Log Entry XX (I think I will just put this down until I decide to actually go and count my logbook entries)

After getting my snake familiar with Shield I did some other quests but quite soon after I decided I needed to accelerate my leveling and to do that I would need a good carry. So I called up my friend and mentor Shield and we went up to the ninth floor to go take on some bandits. 

-------------------------------------

Cosi decided it was time to take on a tougher quest. One that he would need a fair amount of help with. And while it pained him to have to rely on others so heavily he sent a message to his friend Shield to ask if he would accompany him on a quest and provide tank support. 

@Shield

This is Cosi. I've decided to undertake a quest on the ninth floor and I could use your help with it. Since I'm playing catch up with you front liners, I'm trying to expedite my leveling. I'm going to need a lot more skill points to max out my ranks in my familiar and sword skills. Plus I'd like to chat some more. If you choose to come I'll be waiting at an tavern near the north entrance of Yōgan Village. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

<<Bandit Camp>>

Related image

This quest takes place on Floor 9
This quest is repeatable

Having been told that there is a group of bandits on the ninth floor that likes to control all the good grinding locations, you as a player have been approached by an NPC warrior to clear the area so that everyone can have an equal share of the monsters..

Requirements:
-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
In order to complete the quest you must fight four <<Bandits>>.

- All Bandits MUST be defeated

Outline:
<<Bandit>>
HP: 100
Dmg: 90

Additional Information:

In This Quest You have 2 Choices: 

1. You can fight each bandit 1 by 1 by using a stealth factor. Take advantage of the new Hiding skill in order to stay hidden from the entire group and silently take out a single bandit at a time. This will allow time for item usage between fights or to recover your Energy.
  2. You can also decide to jump out and try to fight all 4 bandits right away.

Rewards:

1. A Col Value of your Loot Dice multiplied by 25 [ Party Leader rolls LD on Summary post. All players are rewarded that amount ] 
  2. 1 Skill Point

Parties or Groups of low level players are advised.
Recommended Level: 20

Shield heard the familiar chime of his inbox and checked his menus. It was Cosi again. He leaned back from the counter of his shop and took a deep breath. It had been some time since he had spent so much time with a leveling player. Not since his time with Atzo. "Well, then there's Calypso, but that's different because..." he thought about that example, failing to come up with much of a real reason. "Because... we're more like actual friends. Not that Cosi isn't a friend as well. So..." He racked his brain. Callie was a different situation. He just wasn't sure why. He specifically avoided looking down at Lilith as he drafted a response to Cosi.

Cosi,

Shouldn't be a problem. I've trashed my share of bandit camps before. We should be able to make short work of them. I'll meet you outside of the teleportation plaza on the ninth floor in three hours.

Shield

Before heading out the door, he stepped out into his side yard, tripping the sensor to activate slimes to start spawning. He took out his sword, hacking and slashing through the weakling mobs for a few minutes until he felt properly warmed up. Ten minutes later, he was on his way out the door. He took out an Immolation Potion, about to uncork and consume it before pausing. "This is my third time carrying Cosi. I should let him take a swing at getting in some hits. It's hardly the deep end, but he'll at least have to tread water for a bit."

The walk to Taft took the majority of the time until the rendez-vous. He barely even paid attention to the walk anymore. By the time he finally emerged on the ninth floor, it was only ten minutes until the proposed meeting time. He glanced up at the familiar smoke-filled sky and took a deep breath. "Definitely some memories from this floor."

After stepping out of the teleporter on floor nine in Yogan village, the platinum blonde player began to make his way to the proposed meeting place. He had one what felt like a mish mash of gear. He had his new weapon Inbrunst strapped across his back and his familiar Ladon wrapped around his neck like a scarf. Beneath the emerald serpent and his grey cloak Cosi had on his old armor richter since he still had yet to get his new armor from Hei. No matter I should still be fine. I may not have all the gear for my new build but I've got about half of what I need. As Cosi came nearer towards the meeting spot it was fairly easy to spot the front line tank. Cosi raised a hand in greeting to Shield, "Shield!" He gave a half salute to his fellow tank, "How have you been?" Once within arms reach Cosi extended a hand and said, "Thanks for coming at short notice. Your help is very much appreciated." 

@Shield

Shield clasped Cosi's hand and then released it, motioning for him to follow. "I know my way around this floor pretty well. I don't think there's a single quest here that I haven't repeated. Except one. You may need my help on that one." They passed out of the safe zone and out onto the lava plains, walking a narrow spiderweb of land that laced itself among endless pools of bubbling molten rock. "In any case, I know there are plenty of ways to tackle this quest, but with my main source of damage being thorns, the more things that are swinging at me, the better. I say go in swinging and let the thorns sort it out."

Soon, the lava plains were well behind them, and they were off into the rocky wastelands beyond. Shield picked his way through the scree and other debris quickly, letting Cosi see how the ground reacted to a body's weight before he had to step on it himself. Some areas were less stable than others, the loose stones sliding underfoot. He kept his balance well enough, though there were some close calls. The stony spires of the ninth floor towered on either side of them, slowly sliding past them as they picked their way along. "How is your new familiar working out?"

Cosi followed Shield through the craggy and lava covered landscape as the man talked about the floor itself, the quests on it, and the quest they would be taking on today. Cosi listened intently before speaking, "Sounds like a plan." The two then left the plains and entered a more hilly and rocky area. Gravel slid under foot but Cosi was used to hiking in the real world so he only had one slip up which he catch himself on. Then Shield asked about the platinum blonde's familiar. Cosi looked down at the emerald green snake beneath his cloak and wrapped around his neck. "So far so good. I haven't been on any real quest with him so this will be Ladon's first real test." At the mention of his name Ladon opened his eyes, glared at Cosi, then promptly fell back asleep. He must like this warm floor. Its probably a lot better than our home floor.

@Shield

Passive - Recovery - Craft: 8 [+3 EN]

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP1630/1630 | EN: 148/154 | MIT: 181 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:0/0/0/0] Cosi

Action: Howl [-9 EN, Housing Buff 1/3]

<<Bandit 1>>HP: 31/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109013 results: MOB: 6 [+1=7 - Hit! 90-181=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]
<<Bandit 2>>HP: 31/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109017 results: MOB: 6 [+1=7 - Hit! 90-181=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]
<<Bandit 3>>HP: 31/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109018 results: MOB: 7 [+1=8 - Hit! 90-181=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]
<<Bandit 4>>HP: 31/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109019 results: MOB: 8 [+1=9 - Hit! 90-181=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]

Shield led them up to the top of the next hill and held out his hand. "The camp is just over this ridge," he said, gesturing behind him. "I know you're a tank as well, but my damage on offense is garbage, so it makes most sense to have you DPS. I'll run in and grab agro and you can mop up in the chaos." With that, he hopped over the hill top and began hustling down the opposite slope towards a small collection of tents. He rushed into the center, gathering as much air as he could before bellowing with the full force of his lungs.

"Come and get it, you generic minions!" he roared, his air sending the tent flaps slapping against the canvas walls of the flimsy structures, knocking a couple of them down entirely. The chaos that ensued was almost beyond belief. Two bodies struggled to untangle themselves, and the two lucky ones who actually hadn't been in fallen tents collided with one another in their attempts to run and find the threat. The attack was staggered, each one coming unsteadily at Shield, allowing him to easily direct their attacks into the thorniest parts of his armor. By the time the dust began to settle, each one was more than half dead.

Edited by Shield

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 148/154 | MIT: 181 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1/1/2/1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 27/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

Action: Lumberjack [-11 Energy]

ID# 109030- BD: 3+3= 6- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg
ID# 109031- BD: 3+3= 6- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg
ID# 109032- BD: 10+3= 13- Crit: 8+2*3= 30 dmg
ID# 109033- BD: 6+3= 9- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg

<<Bandit 1>>HP: 7/100 | Dmg: 90 
<<Bandit 2>>HP: 7/100 | Dmg: 90 
<<Bandit 3>>HP: 1/100 | Dmg: 90
<<Bandit 4>>HP: 7/100 | Dmg: 90 

Cosi nodded as Shield said that they were closing in on the camp and readied Inbrunst. "Let's do this." The blonde tank took a deep breath in as the front line tank moved over the ridge and into the camp. Cosi moved to follow just as Shield released his Howl drawing the bandits' attention and causing mass chaos. All the bandits rushed to attack the threat just as Cosi moved to attack. Cosi took another deep breath and released it as he prepared a sword art. Let's try one of my new AOE attacks. Cosi swung his hammer in underhanded swing just as the weapon exploded with light. The hammer head struck the bandit in the chest and tossed him the side but the hammer stroke seemed to carry the blonde further. Cosi stumbled slightly but he felt hammer smash into another bandit then Cosi felt charged ahead moving with the weight of his weapon. He brought the hammer down on the third bandit's head, then took a step and slammed the head into the final one's gut. Bandits stumbled and fell but none of them died which was expected but still disappointing. "None of them died? Come on!" Cosi said exasperatedly, "I guess you have to finish them off Shield."  

Passive - Recovery - Craft: 8 [+3 EN]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 148/154 | MIT: 181 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1/1/2/1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 27/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Bandit 1>>HP: 7/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109038 results: MOB: 3 [+1=4 - Miss]
<<Bandit 2>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109039 results: MOB: 10 [+1=11 - Hit! Parry/Riposte/Envenom proc! 90/2-181=1 dmg, Ripose: 90/2=45 dmg] - ENV [18 - 4/4]
<<Bandit 3>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109040 results: MOB: 6 [+1=7 - Hit! 90-181=1 dmg, THN: 69 dmg]
<<Bandit 4>>HP: 7/100 | Dmg: 90 - ID# 109041 results: MOB: 2 [+1=3 -  Miss]

Despite the appearance of the blonde, Shield was apparently still a much higher priority to the bandits than Cosi was. They continued swinging at Shield, one of them even regaining enough composure, to land a vital hit. The experienced tank managed to catch the offending weapon in the crook of his elbow, using the opening from the immobilized weapon as his opportunity to cut the bandit in half. One other managed to land a solid hit, but Shield's thorns reduced him to nothing, and he shattered right alongside his companion.

The remaining two missed Shield entirely, and they looked at one another, seeing how quickly their bandit allies had fallen, and making a silent agreement that it was best to run away and live to fight another day. "Looks like you get a second chance, Cosi. Half and half. I kill half, you kill half. Sounds like a good deal to me." Shield crossed his arms, stepping back to let Cosi have some extra room to handle the stragglers. He had been worried that he would accidentally kill all of them, but he seemed to have been mistaken, which was a relief.

Edited by Shield

[H:5/5/5/5] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 148/154 | MIT: 181 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 69 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1/1/2/1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 21/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

Action: Lumberjack [-7 EN]

ID# 109042- BD: 4+3=7- Hit: 8*3= 24 dmg
ID# 109043- BD: 9+3=12- Crit: 8+1*3= 27 dmg

<<Bandit 1>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 
<<Bandit 2>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 
<<Bandit 3>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 
<<Bandit 4>>HP: 0/100 | Dmg: 90 

Two of the bandits practically threw themselves at Shield's thorns and then exploded into pixels of light while the other two began to retreat. Cosi wasn't about to give them that chance even before Shield said it was fair each of them getting two kills. Cosi sprinted ahead and readied a second AOE sword art. The blonde haired tank's first sweeping attack caught the nearest bandit in the side of the knee, the leg exploded into pixels and the bandit was thrown aside shattering into bits of light against the ground. Cosi then took a bounding step towards the last bandit, letting the heft of the hammer carry him. Cosi smashed the hammer head into the mob's shoulder hearing the man scream before the platinum blonde silenced him by bring the  the butt of Inbrunst down into the bandit's gut. The man exploded into pixels and code. Cosi was panting just a little- swing the hammer was much more tiring than swing his sword- but he managed to turn to Shield and give him a lopsided grin. "That was fun. Shall we go looking for more?" 

@Shield

Shield straightened up, glancing over at Cosi and extending his fist to bump in congratulations. At the suggestion of finding something else to fight, Shield decided it was time to put Cosi's enthusiasm into perspective. "Follow me."

He led them back the way they had come, all the way to the settlement, and to the teleportation plaza. He stepped inside. "Tomoika!" he called, and immediately he was whisked up to the twenty first floor.

Moved floors: Floor 9 > Floor 21

Consuming:

Solid Marble Cake: +50 Mit [+ Kitchen Bonus]
Immolation Potion +2: +30 Thn

Shield was no stranger to the subterranean floor, though he wouldn't have been surprised if it was new to Cosi. Either way, he waited for Cosi to catch up with him before striding out of the settlement and across the rope bridge that led toward the mines. There was no solar light to speak of. The only illumination came from the crystals and fungi that grew out of the walls and ceilings, all casting a slightly eerie yet serene glow onto the many rock faces along the way. As they walked, he summoned and consumed a potion and a slice of cake.

"I want you to get a glimpse of what you're going to be up against before long here," he said. "And I want you to keep in mind, we're not on the top floor. There are still two floors above this to go before you catch up with the front lines." He was looking for a lone mob. Something he was familiar with and could know for sure would not have the ability to launch an AoE against them.

Edited by Shield

After Cosi killed the final two bandits and pumped fists with Shield, the dark haired tank told the aspiring tank to follow him. The two players made their way back to the main settlement on floor Nine and from there Shield led them to the main plaza and the teleporter. "Where are we heading Shield?" Cosi asked the merchant as he stepped into the teleporter. The answer to that question came when the front liner teleported away to Tomoika. The twenty first floor. "Oh boy." Cosi said with a sigh, "This should be fun." Then Cosi stepped into the teleporter and followed Shield to the twenty first floor. Cosi had been to the subterranean floor a couple times now but Shield was taking him to a place he hadn't been before. Some sort of mine. Shield then warn him that while this was a much higher floor but it wasn't the highest floor the front liners' had cleaned so this was just a glimpse of what he would be facing before long. Cosi nodded grimly and hefted Inbrunst. Apparently Shield was looking for a higher level monster for them to fight. 

@Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Recovery - Craft: 6 [+3 EN] Cool Downs - Justified Riposte [0/3] Parry [0/1] Vengeful Riposte [2/3]

Action: Parry - Justified Riposte [-5 EN]

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1629/1630 | EN: 150/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:0] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 22/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 951/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3 - ID# 109120 results: MOB: 2 [+3+1=6 - Hit! 315/2-231=1 dmg, Stun proc, Thn: 99 dmg] - Stunned! [0/1]

As they rounded the corner, Shield heard a familiar sound of heavy stone striking stone. "That should do." He picked up his pace, making sure to stay ahead of Cosi so what was ahead would see him first. The tunnel gave way to a room lined with crystals top to bottom, and in the center there stood a massive crystalline humanoid, easily five times Shield's height. It opened its translucent mouth and let out a roar, charging at Shield full tilt. "Stay behind me," he called out, charging ahead, picking up speed and readying his sword.

The golem swung its club-like hand, and Shield parried, absorbing the blow and sliding on the ground so he was behind the creature. He kipped up onto his feet and swung up on one of the crystals that jutted from its legs. He clambered up, avoiding the great hands that grasped for him and stopping in the middle of its back, and plunging his sword deep into the crevice where one great crystal arm joined its torso. For a moment, the mob froze and went silent. "That should hold it until I can properly draw agro! You're safe to attack if you're bold enough!"

Edited by Shield

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-3 EN] 

ID# 109131- BD: 2+3+1 (concentration)=6- hit 8*3=24 dmg

[H:0] Shield - HP: 1629/1630 | EN: 150/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 22/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 927/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3

Cosi watched as Shield charged the massive crystalline golem, parrying its massive attack then scampering up its back to stun the creature. At Shield's behest Cosi rushed forward and swung his hammer at the monster's stony back. The hammer head barely connected, the blonde player's stance was off a bit, clipping the massive creature's stony leg. Cosi felt the weight of the hammer swing through and he quickly shifted his stance, drawing closer, and then slammed Inbrunst into the mob a second time. This hit collected into the rock appendage with full force and left a spiderweb of cracks that revealed lines of code. Cosi jumped back from the crystal golem just in case it would attack back. Cosi doubted he could handle more than one attack from this mob. "All yours Shield!" The blonde player shouted up to his companion. Now Shield could draw aggro with howl and Cosi would be free to attack the mob without much fear. 

@Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Recovery - ID# 109132 results: Craft: 10 [+3 EN] Cool Downs - Justified Riposte [1/3] Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [3/3]

Action: Focused Howl > Quartz Golem [-8 EN]

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1629/1630 | EN: 146/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 22/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

Despite the strength of the opponent, Cosi was keeping a cool head. That was a good sign. Shield took careful note as he pulled his sword free and vaulted over the golem's shoulder, landing and rolling before coming up on his feet facing the enemy. He took in a deep breath and pressurized the air in his lungs, forcing it out in a focused torrent of sound. "What, you worried about the meanie with the big, scary hammer? Keep your eyes on me, or your stony hide is gonna get stun-locked!"

He clashed his blade against the face of his shield, and the menacing eyes of the manticore glowed an angry red. Although the golem's eyes were almost indistinguishable from the rest of its pale white head, Shield was fairly certain he had its attention now. Regardless, he braced himself and checked his skill cool downs.

Parry and Vengeful Riposte will be ready just about when the stun wears off. I'll be exposed for the next attack, but that's what I've got Lilith for.

He checked his collar, and sure enough, his colorful serpent was there around his neck, waiting for her signal. Shield nodded to himself, turning his eyes back to the golem and preparing for the next attack.

Edited by Shield

Action: Ultimate Breaker [-7 EN]

ID# 109136- BD: 1+3= miss

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1629/1630 | EN: 146/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 9/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

((Forgot to change my Energy; I fixed that))

As Shield activated his howl skill and drew the golem's aggro Cosi caught his breath resting his hammer on the ground and leaning on it slightly. Using this hammer is a whole lot more tiring then my sword was. I'm going to have to watch my energy usage more especially since I can do AOE attacks now. And with that the platinum blonde haired player lifted up his weapon and moved in to attack the Golem a second time. This time didn't go as well as Shield's stun wore off just as Cosi moved in to strike. The quartz golem wasn't even remotely focused on the low level tank. It just charged towards Shield. But the mob was so big that simply its passage threw off Cosi's concentration on his sword art and even knocked the blonde player to his knees. Cosi rolled to the side and scrambled back to his feet before a large stone foot could crush him and watched as the golem went to attack Shield. 

Passive [+1 EN] Recovery - Craft: 12 [+3 EN] Cool Downs - Justified Riposte [2/3] Parry [0/1] Vengeful Riposte [0/3]

Action: Parry - Vengeful Riposte [-5 EN]

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:1] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 9/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 927/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3 - ID# 109141 results: MOB: 1 [Miss]

Out of the corner of Shield's eye, he noticed how little energy Cosi had left. While Shield doubted Cosi would land the killing blow, damage was damage was damage. "Don't worry, Cosi!" Shield called out. "I'll get you some energy soon! I just have to be prepared for this next attack an-" As Shield held out his blade to counterattack, but the golem slipped, falling and crashing to the ground right at Shield's feet. The ground shook for a moment, and then everything in the gem-lined chamber fell completely still. Shield opened his mouth to speak, but it took him a moment to find his voice. "Well..." he thought aloud, looking the fallen mineral threat up and down. "...huh."

He sighed and jumped back a ways, beginning to charge up some extra energy. "Well, I'm pretty sure he's gonna get a hit in before I'm done here, but it's fine." He had seen his share of flubs that enemies had made at very silly times, but none was more frustrating than the ones that cost him valuable counterattacks. He glanced at his cool downs and sighed again.

Edited by Shield

ID# 109143- BD: 7+3= 10- hit 8*3= 24 dmg

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 146/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:2] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 13/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 903/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3

((Energy is tough; fixed it again))

Cosi nodded at Shield's call, "Got it!" and then prepared to attack the golem once Shield had drawn its attack. But in fact something all together surprising happened. The quartz golem fell flat on its face. Both players looked on dumbfounded. Cosi stared at Shield and echoed his sentiment, "That was... ah... a thing." Then as the great monster got to its feet Cosi rushed forward and struck at the mob. One stroke slammed into the weakened creature's kneecap causing it to shake and shudder. Then as the golem continued to rise the blonde player brought Inbrunst down on the creature's leg a second time. He did a moderate amount of damage but still the quartz golem had about ninety percent of its hit points left. This is going to take a long time, especially if the mob keeps missing Shield. Cosi checked his health and energy levels. Running low on Energy but Shield will take care of that. So I guess I just keep attacking. 

@Shield

Passive [+1 EN] Recovery - Craft: 4 [+0 EN] Cool Downs - Justified Riposte [3/3Parry [1/1] Vengeful Riposte [1/3]

Action: Energize > Cosi [Shield: -10 EN, Cosi: +8 EN]

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1544/1630 | EN: 137/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:2] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 21/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 903/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3 - ID# 109162 results: MOB: 10 [+3+1=14 - Hit! 315+2-231=86 dmg, Envenom proc!] ENV [18 - 0/4]

Shield finished charging up his ball of energy, finishing with a flourish as he tossed it to Cosi. "Here you go! That should keep you going for a while," he called out. One advantage to carrying lower level players was that their sword arts did not cost them nearly as much energy. He turned to face the golem, but it was already barreling down on him. He braced himself, preparing for the hit, but even with his mind at the ready, the great fist proved too dangerous to take for granted.

It slammed into him, causing his lungs to feel as though they were humming from the force, but his stance did no give. One of the effects of the Stonewall mod. He grit his teeth and shoved the arm back, rolling to the side to take a moment to assess the damage. "That could have been worse. I'll heal that health back in no time, but he still avoided the thorns. Still... He'll feel that venom." Sure enough, an icon had appeared on the golem's health gauge. It hadn't escaped harm completely. "It's not as potent as the thorns, but I try to cover my bases." He thought back to the belly flop a moment ago. "Well... As much as I can."

Edited by Shield

ID# 109195- BD: 10+3=13- Crit: 8+2*3= 30 dmg

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1630/1630 | EN: 137/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:2] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 19/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 873/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3 ENV [18 - 0/4]

Right as a Shield's orb hit the blonde haired tank his limbs and body were instantly revitalized and filled with energy. Its like he couldn't tell how tired he was until he face topped off again- though he wasn't at full energy again. Cosi took the opportunity to charge the creature again right after it had attacked Shield. Cosi readied his sword art and then slammed Inbrunst into the back of the golem's leg. The strike shattered rock and smashed crystals leaving a second spider web of cracks on the creature's leg. Cosi then brought his hammer back a second strike and slammed it into the golem again. Again rock was was broken and lines of pixelated code was revealed. Shield had been able to poison the massive golem so that would help make up for the missed thorns damage from the golem's botched attack. Because of that hopefully killing the mob wouldn't take too much longer in a relative sense since the monster still had more than three fourths of its health left.

Passive [+1 EN] Battle Healing [+81 HP] Recovery - Craft: 3 [+0 EN] Cool Downs - Parry [0/1] Vengeful Riposte [2/3]

Action: Parry [-5 EN]

[H:7] Shield - HP: 1624/1630 | EN: 133/154 | MIT: 231 | BH:80 | EVA: -1 | THN: 99 | ENV: 18 | DMG: 2 
[H:4] Cosi - Hp: 380/380 | EN: 19/38 | MIT: 18 | THN: 9 | DMG: 8 | ACC: 3

<<Quartz Golem>> HP: 756/1,050 | DMG: 315 | ACC: +3 - ID# 109197 results: MOB: 8 [+3+1=12 - Hit! 315/2-231=1 dmg, Stun proc, THN: 99 dmg]

The golem was still well over half health. Shield was no stranger to long slogs like this with powerful enemies, and thus far, Cosi was holding his own. Shield had seen his share of lower level players take on powerful opponents and buckle under the pressure. Still, he was beginning to wonder if it was a matter of Cosi's blind trust in his own ability to hold the golem's attention or if it came from a lack of fear in general. Either had potential risks, but Shield would have to cover those bases later.

Thus far, Shield had only taken the full brunt of an attack once, but it had not done as much as he had expected. His Battle Healing had almost completely negated it as soon as it kicked in. Although it was tempting to continue stunning the golem, it would slow the fight down more than it would help things. Shield set the edge of his blade, preparing to defend himself. With a growl and aloud stamp that shook the floor, the crystal enemy wound up and swung. Its fist caught the edge of Shield's sword, and he tumbled out of the way, reducing the damage to almost nothing. He came back up onto his feet just in time to see the end of the health drop that his thorns and burn effects and provided.

Edited by Shield