[ PP - F03 ] Easter Eggs? <<Feeding the Enemy>> w/ Dustin

Kirbs tossed the pouch up and down. The old gypsy NPC has probably disappeared by now. Aw, sweet. Hours of research have finally come into play! I heard there was a bloody NPC here that gave you the quest for the familiar. My facts come out correct! Oh, I wonder what kind of familiar I can get. This is gonna be so awesome! She felt giddy at the thought of getting a magical pet. I wonder what it’ll look like! Or what kind of familiar it will be. What should I name it? Where will I find it? Oh hell, I’m just gonna bloody wing it! 

She caught the pouch and grinned. I’ll get a wee little pet and it’s gonna be bloody adorable! I know of it! I should probably eat something before I leave. She scrolled through her inventory and found something that she had bought from Black a while ago. Oh well, I guess this is a good time to eat. It does give me luck, I guess.

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

Dustin walked through the forest on the third floor, the area in which he first heard about the familiars of this game. It was his favorite floor, so being up here was never off his mind. This floor reminds me of those books about knights, and dragons and elves. They were the reason I joined this game. I always wanted to be a knight, and combat skills wise, I’m pretty damn close. I guess I could be a little nicer though. He makes his way through a little patch of trees and sees a girl he had met before. Shoot, maybe she hasn’t noticed me yet. He stands perfectly still, his blue jacket sticking out in contrast to the vibrant greens of this forest. His eyes meet hers and widen as he darts past her at incredible speeds. “I’m not in the mood to argue, but, I am in the mood to help someone out, and I guess me being here may be worse than you being alone, so I’ll get going.” He turns and begins to walk away, taking a bite out of his new cookie.

@Kirbs

She jumped as she realized she was not in fact alone. “Oh, you. Cookie dude.” She blinked and shrugged. “Sure, Just waltz in here... nothing wrong with that,” Kirbs muttered as she followed after him. Well that was weird. She sighed and shrugged her shoulders. When is it ever normal though? “So... I should inform you that I’m doing the ‘Feeding the Enemy’ quest. So yeah...” Crud, should I have more luck for this quest.Uhm, do you have anything that has LD on it? I haven’t gotten mine back from Hei’s shop yet so I’m all dry on it. I’ll kist borrow it though! I’ll definitly give it back to you once this stupid quest is done,” she chuckled sheepishly. I just hope I get this bloody familiar soon. I don’t want to be out here forever. That would kind of suck, a lot. I heard how scary it can get out here when it’s dark too...

@Dustin

Dustin heard the girls question and begins to think. “Uhm... yeah, I do.” He pulls out a necklace with a small sword on the end. The blade on the sword was black and the handle that connected to the chain at the pommel was gold. It was a lot like the broken sword Dustin carried around that was always sheathed on the back of his waist. “It’s my brother’s sword on the end, I use it to remembering him, but it would just be extra weight if it didn’t do anything.” He says, handing it to her. He frowns as he was no longer wearing the necklace he held so dear, but it was to help someone, so he didn’t mind. Maybe if it really helps her, I’ll let her keep it but only if she’s not a prick. He slides his hands into his pockets, pulling out the cookie from earlier and taking a bit. “Want a cookie? I have a lot.” He says, a gentle tone in his voice. Gotta be nice, that’s all I need to do so I can be a true knight. Otherwise I’m just a useless prick. He walks and eats, mostly keeping to himself, obviously bothered.

@Kirbs

“Oh, sweet. Thanks a lot,” she smiled at him and took the necklace. “Okay, okay, this is good! I can get my bloody familiar way more easily now.” She put on the necklace and grinned. I really hope this is gonna be easy, and not take the whole bloody day. Who’s knows though. I have rubbish luck. She shook her head. “I’ll pass. I was never much of a cookie person anyways,” she mumbled, biting her bottom lip. “What are you doing around floor three anyways?” She asked, feeling like a bunch of random people always pop out of no where for her. I can’t help it though. I’m a person magnet... sadly. She looked at her fingernails, oh my god. Can I still bite them? I swear I had a horrific problem with biting my nails and Ma would always nag me about it. I mean, what’s so bad about biting your motherfudding nails?

+Dustin necklace name majiggie

@Dustin

Dustin stares at the necklace as she puts it on. He was obviously worried about it, to the point where he was oblivious to his surroundings. As he walked, his mind raced even though he had broken his stare before it got to weird. What if we get attacked and she dies? What if she breaks it? Why can’t I get the necklace out of my mind? I need a distraction. “The third floor is my favorite. It reminds me of the story books I read when I was a kid.” He looks at his hands. “That’s right, I forgot I’m not a kid anymore. It’s been two years. Holy crap, I’m an adult now.” He looks forward, his face in an even more sad look than before. Kadin would’ve finally been a teenager. He would’ve been a damn good man some day, but he had to put on the nerve gear to be like his big brother. Though he did have fun while he was here. He was a real hero, not like me. I fight to one day avenge my brother, he fought because he could. That’s he reason I should be fighting. He looks at the ground as he walks, in turmoil and it showed. You could see his mind was incredibly busy with the thoughts on the inside. Like he was mad at himself or something.

@Kirbs

“Ugh, books. I feel it’s it been forever since I’ve read one. I... actually, books were a ‘meh’ thing. They were okay,” she shrugged. “I kind of live here... so yeah.” She fidgetted with her ring and looked up at the sky. “Hey, do you think I’ll actually get a familiar today? I heard it’s pretty dang hard to get... so I’m kind of anxious, y’know?” She looked expectantly at him and smiled nervously. “I just want to get this over with and hopefully get a good familiar,” she said, crossing her fingers.

”Are you looking forward to getting a familiar in the future too? It’ll be good for combat... or for crafting, if that’s what you want.” She smiled to herself as she said that. Oblivious to his lack of answers, she continued. “So, any besties around here? I haven’t met that many people, and even if I did— I wouldn’t try talking to them at all.”

@Dustin

“I’m not especially popular, most people hate me.” He leans against a tree and looks around. “I’m more surprised you don’t hate me.” He chuckles, but it was obvious he was trying to hide his pain. It was true, most of the people he had met were not big fans of the boy, but he had made his peace. He slips his hands into his pockets and looks up at the sky, avoiding making eye contact with the girl. He wasn’t her biggest fan, but he was not against her, she was... what’s the word? Enemy and friend? Frienemy? Yeah! That’s it! I’ve gotta ask. “Hey Kirbs... you can keep the necklace. I don’t need it anymore.” This was the first time he had ever called her by her name, instead of a reference to her ethnicity. “And I’m sure you’ll get a familiar, that’s why we came, and I don’t give up.” He gives her a fake smile, like it wasn’t forced. He walks over and pats the significantly shorter girl on the head. “You’ll be fine.” He chuckles.

@Kirbs

Kirbs lifted and lowered her shoulders. "You seem alright, you're not that annoying anyway," she chuckled and smiled softly. Oblivious to the pain edged in his voice, she yawned and stretched her arms. She fidgetted with the necklace before shaking her head. "No, you can keep it. It sounds like it has sentimental value anyways. I'll be getting an item with the exact same enhancements hopefully real soon. Hei is a bit low on materials but I'm giving him time." The brunette fidgetted then with her hair and gave a soft laugh. "So after this, I'll give it back to you, okay?" She pounded on her chest proudly and grinned widely, "hell yeah, I'm going to get that bloody familiar! Even if it bloody kills me!" She huffed and crossed her arms. "Heck yeah, I'll be fine. Who do you take me for? I am a bloody professional! Bow down before me, peasant!"

@Dustin

Dustin smiles softly, looking at the short brunette, and looks away, to the wilderness around him. I guess she has the spunk to achieve something in this world, but does she have the skill? He asks himself. His eyes look over her as he tries to figure out a way to make this whole endeavor easier on her. Maybe if I keep her distracted, the quest should be a cinch. But if not she’ll hate me. He pulls out a drink, water, and takes a sip. His eyes move to the girl. “Hey Kirbs, you’re new to the adventuring world right? Whatever you do, don’t let it change you.” He puts the cup away. “We all need a player like you, one to keep our spirits high and our times more enjoyable.” He grins looking down at the ground. She’ll be fine as long as she knows her own strengths. Knows her limits and asks for help when she needs it. His grin fades. I hope she doesn’t turn into someone like me. He leans against a tree.

@Kirbs

Kirbs replicates his smile and continued searching. There has to be some kind of animal creature thing here somewhere, right. She asked herself hopefully as she peered past the thin trees. Turning her attention back on Dustin, she smiled brightly. “What could change the almighty Kirbs? I’m practically static!” The girl huffed with an egoistic grin. “Psh, nah. The world would be a lot more annoying. Plus, if people were more like me, doesn’t that make me less special?” She stated, smiling to herself. “I don’t know, that’s how I view it.” She shrugged, clasping her hands behind her back. Life would be a lot more boring too. Everyone would be so used to being annoyed that I wouldn’t be able to annoy them anymore! What a horrific world. I can barely stand the thought of two mes. But like, what if there were twenty? I feel like the world would blow up!

@Dustin

“Kirbs, you’re awesome. Yes, it would not be a bit hard to get used to, but trust me. This game has a special way of breaking people. I think if there were more players like you, We’d be way further. You’re a strong player with a strong spirit. They need you on the frontlines.” He looks up at the sky, as the clouds drift by. The color in this world seems to be drifting away, like the boring has finally set in on this world. He watches the world drift by in a way that seemed like he wasn’t in his right mind. “Kirbs, if I ever die, make sure I’m forgotten. This world would’ve been so much better without a screw up like me. Also, this is gonna be weird, but I want you to take my sword in my shop, the one with the black blade, and throw it off the edge of Aincrad.” At least there it’ll do more than just sit in a case. I miss you fury’s hand. You were the best blade a boy could ask for. But I’m a man now, that’s why I have DawnBringer. His gaze shifts to the ground. I guess this is my blade now. I’ll fight and die with this sword. I’ll use it until I need a new one. And even then, I’ll make sure it stays in someone’s hand. Someone worthy of its power. He shakes his head, throwing on a fake smile and pushing himself off of the tree. “Any how, the Necklace is yours, I don’t need the enhancement. Though it is shaped after the sword of my dead brother, so I wouldn’t blame you for getting rid of it. If you do however, sell it to Stryder, he’s a pal of mine. Runs a merchant shop. Or you could give it back to my sweet Ennakai.” He sits down, pulling out a piece of beef jerky and tearing a bite off.

@Kirbs

She gave him a lopsided grin. "Too bad, I'm duck tape! I'm practically indestructible! Ain't no bloody game about dragons and swords going to bring me down!" She gave him a wink and pointed to herself with her thumb. "And exactly! I'll be on the front lines sooner or later, just you wait Dusty! I'll be fighting floor bosses before you know it!" She made karate chops with her hands and squatted down a few inches. "Nothing can defeat the almighty Kirbs!" She hummed, adding a few skips in her step. Tilting her head, she gave a puzzled look to Dustin. "Psh, don't be such a downer. I'm not a frekin' optimist but dang, I feel happy right now. So stop being such a douche and let me enjoy this bloody moment!" She pouted at him and turned her direction back to the forest path. She clamped her hand around the necklace and shook her head. "Nah, you keep it. I'm just using it for this quest, as I said. Give it to your little girlfriend or whatever. I don't want it."

@Dustin

Dustin smiles at the girl and walks over to her. “Should start looking for your pet. Be ready for anything.” He smiles patting her on the head and walking back to giant tree leanin against it. He puts his hands in his pockets and looks up, and smiling. “This world is a beauty. Kayaba did something right with this.” I even like the whole permadeath thing. I’m glad I came here, even if I had to go back, I’d do it the same way. I’d say that this world is earned it’s right to be considered a world of its own. He pulls his hands out and takes a bite of a cookie. He thinks about offering her one but remembers she refused or ignored him every other time so he decides against the embarrassment. “So, do you not like cookies or do you not like me?” He asks, staring at the ground and smiling.

@Kirbs

"I can't do it!"She cried, falling back onto a patch of grass with a sigh. "I'm too bloody lazy for this crap!" She exclaimed, rubbing her face with her hands. Ughhhhh, life. "Do you just want to like, hang out? I'll do this quest another time, I don't want to drag myself along with you. So I'll just do it by myself next time." She covered her face with her arms and groaned. "I need food, I'm hungry." She removed her arms and looked at Dustin. "Bring me food, peasant. Thou needs the food! For thi cannot live without the gift from God!" She exclaimed dramatically, throwing her hands in the air. Ugh. I want a sandwich. When is the last time I had myself a peanut butter sandwich? I could really go for one right now, god dang it. "Peasant, fetch me a peanut butter sandwich! Make it snappy!"

ID: 109977

LD: 9+3 = 12, Fail

@Dustin

Edited by Kirbs

“Peanut butter sandwich? Coming right up. White bread, wheat bread, rye bread?” He asks, pulling out all three. “Actually, you can have all three.” He puts his hands in his pockets after handing all three to the woman. I can’t wait til this quest is over. He  pats the short girl on the head and walks away. “Let’s head back to town, I know a few good watering holes to drink at.” He slaps a tree looking towards town.

The boy spins, looking to the girl, and smiles. “Or, we could hunt some monsters. Make this a little more fun. Also, you know you could’ve just tried again. But I’m not a fan of just staying outside and looking for a pet for my friend. Sorry, this quest makes me a bit bitter.” He punches a tree, the purple “immortal object” window popping up behind his hand. This quest is such a drag, I guess I’ll just do it myself first chance I get.

@Kirbs

“Jesus Christ, are you some kind of bloody vending machine?” She mumbled under her breath as she sat up. She gave a crooked smile at him before looking at the bread. “What kind of player makes these many types of bread anyway?” She gave him a pointed look as she moved her head to look at him. Whatever, I guess. Bread is bread? She groans and stands up, shrugging her shoulders. “Sure, just make me forget my misery.”

She shrugged her shoulders. “Nah, I’ll just do this some other time by myself. I don’t mind the quiet,” she yawned and stretched her arms. “If you ever want help finding your own familiar, ring me, ‘kay? I’ll help you or whatever, I owe you anyways for dragging you along with me on some pointless quest,” she flashed him a quick smirk and smiled to herself. “But I’ll have my familiar before that anyways.”

@Dustin