[PP-F2] The Second Evil Hatchling <<DHA 2>> || [F10] The Angel and Guardian Meet the Fallen and the Cursed

Vigilon had a good feeling about this. He was ready to take on the next dragon hatchling, and he would surely be ready to take it down. Of course, he wouldn't do it without his Girlfriend/healer, Krysta. "I'm really feeling hopeful today, Veriost, whaddya say we take down a dragon that was hatched evil?" Veriost looked to Vigilon with a sleepy expression that also seemed unimpressed. She gave off a "Hff, Grrm..." and was back to trying to sleep. "Come on, Veriost, all you do is eat and sleep whenever we aren't fighting anything, or when someone you know isn't around. Can't you be, I dunno, a bit more active?" Veriost glared at Vigilon. He knew what this meant. He held Veriost's maw closed, preventing her from using her frost breath. "Don't give me that sass! We teamed up for a reason! Are we actually friends or something of the like, or is this just business to you?"

@Krysta

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  30
HP:  600
EN:  70(Base[60], Energist[10])
Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills:

One handed straight sword Rank 2

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Tenth floor, Auranika had heard of some monsters that could drop plenty of col when killed. A profitable training trip was just what she needed. Also time, she needed that too....a lot of time. "Please, just give me another chance, April!" Renixx pleaded. Auranika looked over to him. "You may get another chance once I've thought this through, James. I just need some time." She had recently broke up with Renixx because he seemed to have moved too fast in terms of the relationship, so she needed time to figure out whether or not she truly loved him back. "I've assigned you to the party that is teaming up against a powerful monster. Do your duty as a High Guardian, and make sure none of them are killed in the battle. Dismissed."

Meanwhile, a short distance away from the settlement Auranika was about to leave, Curfaella waited for her ally to arrive. "I need to leave, I need to leave. I can't work with them like this for much longer, not while they're under him. ...No, it's just as Valevax told me, the time isn't right. ...I'll just have to hold it in for a bit longer..." She said to herself. "Hold what in, my liege?" A voice asked. Curfaella turned around to see a familiar face. "Gah!! Kyoji, you startled me! I-.... I've been considering leaving. I know it will only bring pain for you and the others, but I can't take it much longer." She admitted. Kyoji's expression didn't change. "Curfaella, I am pleased to hear that you trust me enough to hear and keep this dangerous secret...but you need not worry about letting us down. I became the captain of the Samurais division in our Guild because of my loyalty. If I cannot follow you, I shall turn full renegade, and keep all of the guild's secrets in the shadows, so they have no need to chase after me. The others, however, are likely to falter in their loyalty, and turn their duties towards others of the thirteen." "Thank you...but let's end the conversation here, Kusera could be here at any moment." Curfaella suggested.

For those wanting to know of the NPC Players' descriptions(In terms of faceclaims)...:

Spoiler

Auranika:

Spoiler

Auranika.jpg.54bb7a30ccec07cb69dbc6d3d7accdfe.jpg

Curfaella:

Spoiler

Curfaella.png.7fde68478ca3577663b5843d24d2240b.png

Kyoji:

Spoiler

Kyoji.png.07971ad8b2ac0cacf473a9617a4df8d4.png

Kusera:

Spoiler

Kusera.png.ada7a6fb2376f336ded9dc58ef95f423.png

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta looked at her level and stats confidently. She and Vigilon could surely handle a foe like the one she was going to face alongside him. It was only the second of the dragon bosses in the quest they were taking, and they had recently heard of the next dragon's location. Krysta was slightly unsure, however, for the dragon might be another hatchling. The only way it could make any real sense would be that it was born evil, or was a reincarnation of evil, with all of its memories retained...that just had to be it, there would be no other way to explain it without making the players of Aincrad appear to be no different than the monsters themselves. "Come, Yolviinsil, there is an evil member of your kind that must be vanquished!" In Yolviinsil's case, it was nothing new, so there would be no offense taken. Krysta would begin to search for Vigilon, eventually spotting him near the safe zone's edge. "Heeeeey! Alex!" She ran up to him, and was wondering if he would speak of a potential discussion he had intended on...planning a date at last.

@Vigilon

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  20
HP:  400
EN:  40
DMG:  7(OHR Rank 3[+3], Saber of the Thunderhearts[+1], Yolviinsil[+2])

MIT: 27(Guardian Vest[+18], Regal Retribution[+9])

Thorns: 18(Regal Retribution)

Equipment:

Saber of the Thunderhearts(Damage, Paralysis, Bleed)

Guardian Vest(2 MIT)

Regal Retribution(1 Mitigation, 2 Thorns)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 3

First Aid Rank 2

Familiar Mastery: Fighter rank 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you're sure we can handle those things?" Laida asked Petastora. "We have nothing to worry about, for the strongest of them is the minimum for my level." Was the response. Laida thought about this for a moment. "Wait, you've become that strong? Then why train here? I'm sure the tier three floors will be more rewarding!" Laid reacted. Petastora chuckled, and explained, "I am better off helping you train. Besides, I could use some tier one recording crystals for my shop. Not to mention, I don't have any current need for col." Laida smiled. "That's very nice of you, Peta! Maybe I can catch up with Kaldui now! She's gotten soooo strong since I last saw her!" Not too long after she said that, the two players saw a familiar face, the player who was being searched for some time ago. "So we meet again. Auranika, was it?" Petastora asked.

For those wanting to know the faceclaims of Laida and Petastora:

Spoiler

Laida:

Spoiler

Laida.thumb.jpg.ba68402c5209fa0e707dc7c629b1b195.jpg

Petastora:

Spoiler

Petastora.thumb.jpg.2d9216121b1fa5e18b02488db7621990.jpg

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon and Veriost had a mild staring contest for a few minutes, then there was a familiar voice, a familiar, beautiful voice. Vigilon turned to see his girlfriend, Krysta. "Hey Jewel, glad you could make it! From what I've heard, the boss is another hatchling...sorry. There's gotta be a reason why, though...hopefully, at the end of this questline, we'll figure it out. Most likely, we may end up with another one of these." He opened his inventory, and Rheagal's Emerald appeared in his hand. "The info brokers say that these crystals are in different shapes, and are the 'keys' to this place in floor ten. There are nine in all, so there could be one for each floor. I don't know whats at the end of this, but there's only one way to find out." He placed the emerald back into his inventory, then with a smile, he asked, "Is it alright if we talked about which days both of us are available for a night while we head over to the coordinates of the boss's location?"

@Krysta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika was soon greeted by Petastora, one of the players she had encountered some time ago, that...unwanted moment involving a group of unusual ne'er-do-wells, the Griffin Legion. "Yes, I am Auranika... I do apologize for my reluctance to take action earlier, I was trying to wrap my head around it all. Petastora, was it? I hear that you lead a guild yourself. Care to tell me what that's like for you?" Auranika had heard many good things about her, so she wanted to see what they saw in her, and figure out whether or not there was something she had that Auranika didn't.

Meanwhile, someone wearing a black cloak came near Curfaella and Kyoji. "Heh...well, Kyoji, I didn't know you'd be joining us for this mission."  Curfaella turned to see the player. Judging by the voice, she asked, "Kusera, I presume?" Kusera chuckled. "Yeah, that's me. I know that no one else is around at the moment, but you know we don't normally go out with our cowls off, save for those like Kyoji over there." He explained. "Fallen One, I hear you've asked to be positioned elsewhere, is that true?" Kyoji asked. "Eh? so you've heard? Yeah, that's true. I found this neat place over in one of the higher floors. I've managed to convince the big guy to let me set up a...secondary base of operations there. I'll be taking a few with me there. I'll pick three, and the big guy himself picks the other two, that was the rest of the agreement." Kusera answered and explained.

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 months later...

"Another hatchling? Why would- rrgh! Kayaba, why do you put us in such positions?" Krysta took a deep breath. Then another. She calmed herself down. She was still disgruntled over having to kill a hatchling, which should be on the more innocent side, still able to make a change to good. Vigilon explained more about the questline, from what he had heard. Afterwards, he asked Krysta if they could talk about which days were available. "Well, I'm available next Tuesday night, and next Friday night, maybe even next Saturday night. What about you?" Krysta preferred next week, not only because she was available those days, but because she would be busy the next few days, and she wanted to have her first date as soon as she could.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika asked Petastora what it was like to lead a guild. Oh, the memories that came from this question. "First off, it is nothing simple. If one wishes to lead, it is usually best to follow first. That way, one will be able to understand what those following them can, will, or may go through. This understanding makes leadership far better. I have learned to put others first, and myself second. This has gotten me far. Of course, let us not forget the importance of security and caution, for an enemy can be found anywhere...even among your own company. Traitors, spies, and those who seek an advantage are among those to be on the lookout for." She explained.

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon noticed that, once again, Krysta was averse to killing hatchlings. Honestly, he couldn't blame her. She seemed to find innocence in youth, especially if it's a baby dragon that just hatched. Vigilon didn't like the idea of it, either, but if there was a reason for this, a valid reason for these dragon hatchlings being both evil and hostile from the start, never changing personality or goals, he might be more willing to do it. Of course, the only possible way for such a thing to occur would be that these hatchlings are evil creatures, consciously reincarnated, aware of their past, and their intended goals. He wouldn't pose that theory just yet, but it was definitely a possibility. "It's ok, Jewel. We'll get to the bottom of this. Chances are, there's something at the end that got these hatchlings to be bad from the start. We'll find out one day..." Krysta then began noting the days she would be available. "Great! I'm available on the Friday and Saturday you mentioned, I often have some spare time on those days." It would only be a short journey until they would encounter the next hatchling. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika listened to what Petastora had to say. "Interesting, so you lead by seeing through another's perspective? That's...kind of new to me." She admitted. She had never truly appreciated the role of follower, because she simply disliked being in it. Followers were never respected, hardly ever known, and always cared about by few. Leaders were always loved, they were always known and respected by all they met. "I'm up for some training, and I wouldn't mind learning from you. I know of a place where there are monsters that drop plenty of col. Interested?" She asked as she would send party requests to the two players.

Meanwhile, Curfaella was ready to set out for the mission. "Right, so, Kyoji, in case you didn't know, we are to investigate the rumors of a powerful monster hiding at the end of a falmer camp. If anything, the task will be lucrative, for the creatures we will face drop one thousand and five hundred col for players level fifty and under." She explained. Kusera nodded. "She's right. What's more, we already know the location of the target falmer camp. And Curfaella, please, put your cowl back on..."

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta listened to Vigilon's words. He was clearly trying to reassure her, and had a theory that would claim that the hatchlings were evil from the start. "Well, that's nice to hear and all, but there remains a hole in your theory. How can a creature be born evil, other than logic-breaking game standards?" Vigilon explained that he was available on Fridays and Saturdays. "Oh, that is wonderful to hear! I have more time on Friday, so will that do?" The journey would begin at this point. Surely, the coming fight would either be difficult...or just as simple as the last one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika admitted that what Petastora had explained seemed new to her. "Oh, so you always stepped up to the position of leader whenever possible, then? What do you think you'll achieve by doing so?" Petastora asked. Auranika stated that she wouldn't mind learning from her, and explained what she'd planned on doing, sending Laida and Petastora party invites as she spoke. "So, did you send us invites 'cause you're used to doing that, or is it because you're the one who came up with the activity? Just curious." Laida asked. Petastora chuckled. "So you claim that you wish to learn from me, yet you try and start this party with yourself as the leader. I'll join, of course, but do not think for a moment that you have fooled me."

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon and Krysta traveled over to where the coordinates were. Sure enough, Vigilon spotted something in the trees. It was the hatchling, which clearly had been out of the eggshell for some time. Almost immediately, its cursor turned red, and the cursor had a yellow border. This was the target. "Alright Jewel, this is our target. Akudo told me that it can be a bit of a prankster, so we should keep our guard up." The hatchling growled, ready for battle. Vigilon rushed for the small boss, ready to strike with All Might. Of course, Zylara took flight and dodged his attack. The hatchling let out a cry of sorts, and whether Krysta and Vigilon would notice or not, small twigs would begin to sprout from the ground, ready to trip them.

ID# 121722 BD: 2+1=3(Miss), MD: 4+1-1=4(Miss), LD: 19(-1 ACC to Vig and Krysta's next attacks)

Vigilon: HP 600/600, EN 68/70, | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | T1 Bleed | PAR

Enemies:

Zylara, the Quartz Hatchling:

Spoiler

HP: 175/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

[                                   ]

Abilities:

<<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika was asked what she thought she could achieve by always stepping up to the leader position. "I...I want people to see me as...I... I want as many people to know..." She had to admit, she didn't often speak of her goal, aside from those who had figured it out. Laida became curious as to why she sent the party invites, which suggested that she wanted to be the party leader, which, well, she did. Petastora called her out on wanting to lead, despite claiming to want to learn from her. She stated that she would still join, but also that she did not have her fooled. "My intentions were not to fool anyone. Alright, so I wanted to lead. is anything wrong with that?" After asking, The newly formed party would set out. Auranika would lead the way, primarily because she knew where they were going.

Kyoji nodded, and placed his helmet onto his head. Curfaella pulled her cowl over her head. Kusera gestured for the two to follow, and their mission would begin. "Whatever you need of me, I will gladly do my part, preferably for my liege." Kyoji noted. Kusera chuckled. "Well, duh, of course you would. Like the rest of the Samurais division, you serve directly under her."

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta was ready to strike the creature once combat was initiated, but when she tried to attack, the twigs that rose from the ground tripped her. "Agh!" She looked to see the twig there, her foot caught within. Around her, other twigs had formed. Krysta realized what the informants meant by this hatchling being a prankster... "This one is evasive, not only by flight, but by trickery..." Krysta would call out to Vigilon, "Alex, watch out for the twigs! The dragon has power over them!" Hopefully, her words would reach Vigilon, warning him of Zylara's strategy for avoiding damage. 

ID# 121848 BD: 2-1=1(Miss)

(OOC: I accidentally forgot that Krysta has rank 3 Rapier in this thread, so the dice roller will show an incorrect sword art. It was a miss, anyway, so it's not like it would matter...)

Vigilon: HP 600/600, EN 68/70, | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | T1 Bleed | PAR

Krysta: HP:430/430  EN:38/40 l DMG:  7 |  MIT:27  | Thorns: 28 

Enemies:

Spoiler

HP: 175/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

Abilities:

<<Mend Mini-Twigs>> : On a natural roll of 15+ in LD when this attacks, miniature sticks will form in front of your character in attempts to trip you, in result you will receive -1 ACC on your current attack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika seemed to not have many words she was willing to say on Petastora's question. "Ah, at a loss for words, are you? Is there something you are hiding?" Petastora asked. Laida chuckled and said, "It's ok, you can tell us!" Auranika claimed that her intentions were not to fool anyone. She then asked if there was anything wrong with her leading the party. "Oh, no. Nothing wrong... Even little Laida here could lead the party if she wanted to." Petastora explained. Perhaps her words would make a minor point.

Edited by Krysta

Vigilon heard Krysta's words, and looked down to see the twigs that weren't there before. "Oh, so that's it... So this is your big party trick? You fly and grow twigs? Come on, is that all you got? Where's your bite?" Vigilon's taunting angered Zylara, but Vigilon wouldn't be Zylara's intended target. Zylara would dive for Krysta, and Vigilon would interrupt the attack from behind. The critical hit sent Zylara flying, before she shattered. Vigilon and Krysta would receive one <<Zylara's Quartz>> each. "...That was...way too easy." Veriost looked over to Vigilon, wondering what to do next. Vigilon looked over to Krysta. "So...what do you wanna do now?"

ID# 121883 BD: 9(Critical, +1 base DMG, inflicted paralysis and bleed), MD: 7+1=8(Hit)

All Might: 15x15-35=190 Damage to Zylara, the Quartz Hatchling

Vigilon: HP 600/600, EN 53/70, | 14 DMG | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 3 REC | 1 Taunt | T1 Bleed | PAR

Krysta: HP:430/430  EN:38/40 l DMG:  7 |  MIT:27  | Thorns: 28 

Enemies:

Spoiler

HP: 0/175 - MIT: 35 - ACC: 1 - EVA: 0 - DMG: 65

Abilities:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petastora asked if there was something Auranika was hiding, and Laida stated that it was ok, and that she could tell them, as if to reassure her. Petastora said there was nothing wrong with Auranika leading, and that even Laida could be the party leader if she wanted to. Auranika couldn't help but get the feeling that Petastora was trying to make a point with her words. She would travel with Laida and Petastora for some time, and then she would see three players up ahead, that were taking a similar route. Two of them cloaked, one in white, and one of the cloaked ones appearing a bit familiar. "Hold, I believe I might recognize one of them." She suggested. She would get closer to the three players, recognizing the symbol on the back of the familiar one's cloak. The symbol was on the other cloaked figure, too. A guild ally, perhaps? Curfaella would hear the sound of armor moving, and it wasn't Kyoji's... She looked behind her to see Auranika. "Stop right there!" She called out. She drew her weapon, in fear of being attacked. Kusera and Kyoji would turn around, and Kyoji would draw his katana. Curfaella would notice Kyoji had drawn his weapon. "Hold, Kyoji." She commanded. Kusera would chuckle and ask, "Who's this girl? I've never seen anyone like her. What's with the wings? You know flight is impossible in this game."

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 weeks later...

Krysta thought for a moment, and made a suggestion. "Well, while we're on this floor, we could visit the High Fields of Crossing. I've heard it is a monster free environment, so we should be able to speak to one another in peace there." They might be able to plan their date there, and potentially speak on other things, too. "We may be able to further discuss our first date, or hold a normal conversation, hopefully without any interruptions..." It would be best to not have any further issues, so this place would be one of the best choices in the floor, aside from the settlements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auranika would spot some players on the horizon, and potentially notice one of them being familiar. Laida and Petastora were there when the mystery player came, so they knew her, too. "We know who you speak of, we saw her, too." The two would follow Auranika to the three mystery players, regardless of what she thought. The mystery player who rescued Vigilon earlier reacted defensively to the trio's arrival, the mystery player in white would follow suit, drawing out his katana. The last mystery player would ask about Auranika, as well as the cosmetic wings that were a part of the armor. "I believe the question here is, who are you three?" Petastora would decide. "You are clearly different than most, from what I can guess. May I ask why you three obscure your faces? Do you have something to hide yourselves from?" Laida would take a more friendly approach. "Um, Peta, maybe we should introduce ourselves before we ask them who they are. I'll start! I'm Laida."

Krysta would suggest that they head over to the High Fields of Crossing for a brief respite, and some peaceful banter. "Yeah, I could go for that, too. A peaceful conversation with the two of us, what could be better? Training every day can be tedious, it's good when we can have some time off, or have something both different and pleasant for a change..." The two players would begin making their way to the area, which would be quite a bit of time before they would reach it.

Despite Auranika telling them both to wait, they followed her over to the players anyway. Petastora asked who they were in response to Kusera asking about Auranika. Auranika would hold up a single hand. "I apologize if my arrival startled you. I did not come for the sake of doing harm, I will assure you. As for your question, I know full well that the wings cannot grant flight, they are but an addition to the appearance given by the armor I wear. I am known by quite a few names. The Golden Dragon, the Angelic Warrior, Auranika, and more. Feel free to pick from whichever name you wish from the given examples." She explained. Curfaella lowered her blade, and Kusera chuckled. "Heh, so you're that Angelic warrior players have been talking about, eh? I used to be that type of person myself, I'll confide, 'till I became this fallen husk you see before you." Kyoji was reluctant to lower his weapon, but the smaller one seemed to be the kind sort. She introduced herself as Laida, and he decided to honor her willingness for pleasantries. "Greetings, Laida. I am Kyoji. The two you stand before are The Fallen One, Kusera, and my liege, The Cursed one, Curfaella." Curfaella sighed, and Kusera didn't seem to mind...mostly. "Tch, you couldn't help yourself, could you? Unless they prove themselves, they don't have anything to do with us, or what we're doing, Kyoji."  He noted. The cloaked players looked at each other, then back to the other trio. Auranika would speak again, now having the trio's apparent introduction. "We intended to head over to a place in this floor for some training, a falmer camp with many monsters that drop plenty of col." Kusera laughed. "Now that's quite a coincidence! I never thought you were going there, too! How about this, prove yourself in battle, the three of you against the three of us, and from that battle, we will see if our parties will work alongside, or against each other in whatever goals we have for that falmer camp." Kusera would pull out his scythe, a terrible, forboding-looking weapon, and send a duel request to Auranika's party.

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta wanted to speak with Vigilon as the two players made their way to the area. "So, Alex, have...have you done a quest that began in the Waterfall of the sage? You say that you are finding yourself, so do you think the waterfall's quest might help somehow?" She wondered if she should speak of her experience with the quest that took place at the waterfall. Perhaps she might speak about Kytras...

The mysterious player in white would accept the pleasantries with Laida, and give away the usernames of the trio. The white player was Kyoji, the player from before was Curfaella, "The Cursed One", and the third player was Kusera, "The Fallen One". Such dark titles... "Pleasure to meet you, Kyoji, as well as you, Curfaella. I am Petastora. May I ask, Kusera, why you and your ally bear such titles full of dread? When did you become, as you say, a 'fallen husk'? Did something happen to you?" Petastora was actually concerned about Kusera, for it seemed he might not be the friendliest one around. Auranika would reveal what the three were originally going to do, and Kusera laughed, noting it as a coincidence. He proceeded to challenge the trio to a three-on-three duel. Since he sent the requests, the trio would be free to select half-loss at Auranika's discretion. Laida smiled, and pulled out her one-handed spear. "I'm in! let's go for a nice half-loss fight! It'll be good practice!"

Krysta would ask Vigilon about the quest from the Waterfall of the Sage. "Oh, that? ...I already did that. In there, I went into my mind, and killed all of my inner demons. The last one declared that although I killed them in the game, they were still with me in reality...I'm starting to think Karri was right. They do still exist. What am I supposed to do? I...I don't..." He ended up revealing what happened over there that day. Hopefully, there wouldn't be any problems.

Auranika would accept the duel request, setting the conditions to Half-loss. "I accept the given terms." She stated. The countdown timer would start. Kyoji would take position to focus on Laida. "I am interested in seeing what you are capable of. Your gear seems to suggest to me that you might be a tank. Forgive me if I am wrong...I do wonder if my damaging skills will break through your defenses." Curfaella would take position to primarily face Auranika, but Kusera stood in front of her. "Kusera, I shall face her." She stated. Kusera chuckled.  "It's only a half-loss duel. Besides, we have area of effect attacks. What are we, Rapier users? Pah! we're nothing like Gildera when it comes to combat. She's a smart aleck with plans, but not combat." Curfaella wouldn't stand for it. "Kusera, she is only tier two. If you have a primary target, I prefer that it be the strongest one on their team." Auranika was confused. "I am the strongest player here. I am level 43." Kusera laughed. "Level 43? Hah, try a level 50 on for size, then!" Auranika's expression turned to one of shock. "F-fifty?? But that would make you tier three!"

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta would be a bit surprised to hear Vigilon admit that not only had he done the quest, he killed all of his inner demons. "You mean...?" Vigilon also admitted that his inner demons still exist within him, despite that he killed them all in the quest. She would stop him with her arm, and she would hug him. "I cannot believe you had to go through that... I had taken the quest as well, but I proceeded a bit differently than you. I learned to forgive Anidaxta, and accept Kytras. I killed the other two mercilessly, thinking they wanted only to harm me. What did your inner demons want of you? Alex...they aren't all bad. I learned that before the quest ended."

Petastora would listen to the unfolding conversation, and would intervene when Auranika and Kusera revealed their levels. "In that case, Kusera, I will have my aim particularly for you, for I, too, am level fifty." Laida kept her hands on her spear and her shield. She would be able to handle this, and Petastora could keep the trio in the fight if things got rough.

Krysta hugged Vigilon, and explained some of her experience with the quest. "A-a-accept Kytras? Who's Kytras? What do you mean? I...wha-?" Inner demons? Not all that bad? Inner Demons, not all bad? What did this mean? "Probusk and Gravizahk wanted me dead for trying to be a hero/vigilante. What else was I supposed to do? Xariz and Karri, they wanted me to unleash chaos and destruction, they had to be stopped! What was I supposed to do? Can you tell me what happened on your end?" Perhaps there was more to the quest, and maybe Krysta could reveal it. It was too late for Vigilon in terms of the game, but if he could do it again in real life...would things be different?

When the countdown timer ended, the battle began. Curfaella attacked Auranika with Galaxy Destroyer, and Kyoji attacked Laida with San Ge. Kusera would chuckle, and strike the opposing party with Explode Catapult. These combined attacks dealt a large amount of damage, but Kusera dealt the most. Auranika looked to her HP, and saw that in was close to yellow already. She would retaliate with Weeping Moon, striking all members of the opposing party. Her new weapon's Holy Damage enhancement kicked in when striking Kyoji and Kusera. Kusera felt the energy of said enhancement as it struck him. "Ah, Holy Damage, is it? Heh, I'm sure you've felt my Fallen Damage already, haven't you? You must really love that weapon, with that image you've got. ...But tell me, girl: is it real? Is it truly you? Or is it a facade to get people to love you?"

Edited by Vigilon

Krysta would hear Vigilon's story, where it seemed that he felt that he didn't have any other choice. Krysta would continue her story. "Nihilita grew envious of me, so she wanted me to think lowly of myself. I killed her, before I could realize she was self-tormented. Anidaxta was also self-tormented, but instead of trying to demean me, she saw me like herself, anxious and alone, so she took her suffering out on me. I was able to make her passing be one of peace...then there was...Arakkia, that terrible arachnid horror! She hated the kind of hero I was becoming, and wanted me to stop. With my mother's words giving me enough courage to fight, I defeated her, and when she shrunk, I stepped on her. Then there was Kytras, who claimed to be my inner darkness. She wanted me to 'rejoin her'. When I stood against her, I stood with a valid point, and a stigma. The darkness isn't evil itself, but evil hides within darkness for most of it's days. In the end, we opened each others' hearts, and she returned to me."

The opposing party attacked with full force, especially Kusera. Laida, who had sustained the least damage, proceeded to attack Kyoji with Merciless Fury. Petastora would use a Mass HP Recovery Crystal to heal the party, and then attack Kusera directly with Dimension Stampede. Kusera noticed the energy of Auranika's weapon, the energy of the Holy Damage enhancement. It seemed to Petastora that Auranika had managed to get her hands on a weapon identified by a merchant. Whatever the case, Kusera would notice it, and then begin to try messing with Auranika's mind with some discouraging words of question.

• 3 months later...

Vigilon listened carefully to what Krysta had to say. An envious creature, a self-tormented being, an arachnid horror, and a what? An inner darkness? "Don't think of Kingdom Hearts, don't think of Kingdom Hearts, don't think of Kingdom Hearts, don't think of Kingdom Hearts, don't think of Kingdom Hearts....." Was his thought process when The whole thing about this "Kytras" being Krysta's "Inner Darkness" was being explained. When Krysta claimed that Kytras "returned to her", Vigilon completely blew it. "Sounds like you've been recompleted....n-never mind, ignore that..." He said. Smooth, Vigilon, real smooth... "So... shall we continue walking to the High fields of crossing?" He asked Krysta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, Kusera's words got to Auranika. "How dare you claim that this is a facade? I've always earned my reputation in honorable ways!" She would then mercilessly attack Kusera with Dimension Stampede. Kusera started laughing. "Ahahaha, you just proved my point with your actions! After all, they speak far louder than words. You want to be at the top, in the most positive way there is. You're a total diva, from what I know! You're that kind of person! You want flowers, you want parades, you want a skyscraper with your name plastered on it-" He wouldn't be able to finish speaking his point, for his words had angered Auranika even further. His words would be interrupted by another Dimension Stampede attack, pushing his HP very close to halfway. Kyoji was distracted in his attacks against Laida, but Curfaella realized what was unfolding. "Kusera, stop! You shouldn't be trying to get under her skin! This isn't what we normally do!" She called out to him.

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 months later...

Vigilon believed that it sounded as if Krysta had "been recompleted", but then took it back all of a sudden, saying she could ignore his words. He then asked if the two should continue heading for the High Fields of Crossing. "Of course, let's move onward." She agreed. "Alex..." She began as the two players started walking again. "What do you think will become of us players as a whole? Some of our own have strayed towards evil, either because they cast themselves aside for their characters, or because they fell into the pits of despair and madness...possibly more. What do you think we should do if...if too many of our own turn against what is right and pure?" She asked, somewhat worried.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Petastora did not like where this was going at all. Kusera had chosen to try getting under Auranika's skin, causing the young woman to unleash her rage against him. Curfaella would tell Kusera to stop, but Petastora had her doubts that he would listen. She pulled out another Mass healing Crystal, and after using it, she would Strike Kusera with Dimension Stampede, fully depleting his HP to the Yellow. He was out of the fight. "That will teach you to enrage another with such words..." She then looked over to Auranika. "Do not allow people like him to make you snap with madness or rage. It will only bring ruin if you were to do so."

Edited by Krysta

Krysta agreed to continuing towards the High Fields of Crossing, but soon she seemed to be worried about the many players as a whole. She noted that there were many who had changed for the worse in this game, becoming villains, whether they wanted to or not, whether they enjoyed it or not, and so much more... "Honestly Jewel...I don't know. There's many of us who turned to evil or insanity, but there's also many of us who refused to give up, or refused to give in to such dark thoughts...some of them are still redeemable. I know for a fact that we will win the day in this virtual labyrinth, and get out of it. Until then, it's one big dystopia where we all must fight to survive. I'm pretty sure that most of those who were good are still alive today, and will fight back if something goes wrong. If a civil war was to start between the players outside the safe zone, good versus evil, I'm certain we'd outnumber them. But even if they outnumbered us...they might still be outmatched." He explained. "I wouldn't worry, Jewel." He reassured with a smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strike after strike, blow after blow, the spears of Auranika and Petastora would relentlessly assault Kusera....and he would simply smile. Even though he would be taken out of the duel, his point would be made, and he now knew what kinds of people the two spear-wielders were. Auranika was the arrogant sort, having a dangerous level of pride that is easily provoked, and always thought of herself as perfect. This Petastora woman was the motherly sort, protecting many, and having a teacher's influence on those younger than her. Fools, the both of them... "Ha...ahhhaha....hehehahahahahaha!!!!!!" His laughter was rather unusual, for someone who had just been struck down in a duel. "So then, Golden Girl, what makes you think your achievements will actually help you reach your goal? There is no such thing as moral perfection, and there is no escape from having enemies. In a game like this, you'll want to stick close to your allies...for this is a world of kill or be killed. Chicks from the high school popular clubs have no place here! This game will change you! Here, you're either a fighter, or you're dead!" He called out to Auranika. He then looked to Petastora. "And you...you really think you can save everyone by playing the mother? Most of us who are in this game are either rebellious teens or grown ass adults. Don't expect many positive results. Besides...why did you feel like protecting and teaching one as oh so obviously arrogant as her? Did you think you could change her? Help her? Train her? Ha! You two think you've got it all together....well, just you wait. You'll see what's wrong here, I assure you!" He declared. Upon that, he pulled out a corridor crystal, whispered a location into it, and opened a portal. "Feel free to handle the rest of the mission without me. I've got newer, more important matters to deal with." He told Curfaella, before walking into the portal and disappearing from the area... Curfaella decided to end the duel there. "I never thought he'd get out of hand like that..." She muttered as she concluded the duel.

• 3 months later...

Krysta felt reassured by Vigilon's words. "Right...we will manage to escape this prison...I'm...sorry for having doubts in the moment, I was simply worried, from everything I've been hearing...so much more harm than good has been spoken of. So...other than a calm, monster free environment, what do you think we will find over in the High Fields of Crossing?" Krysta asked, wondering what Vigilon thought such a place had to offer. If there was one thing she hoped, it was that it was a tranquil place to just take at least a little time off, without having to be in some random building within a town. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scythe wielding opponent, despite his defeat, would simply laugh, and give his opinions on the impressions he'd gotten from Auranika and Petastora. Surely, Petastora had received a very bad impression from him. Perhaps he'd gotten his cursor color on purpose for a selfish reason, rather than for his own survival. It seemed likely, given his current state. He would make use of a Corridor Crystal and leave, which was confusing, as only he was leaving. He could have just used a Teleport Crystal. Curfaella was apparently surprised at this behavior. "I'm not sure if he is really who you may think he is. If he has never acted like this before, it may be because he never acts that way towards his allies, but everyone else does not receive the same treatment. I don't exactly trust him at this moment, as he tried to provoke us..."