<<Bane of Blood>>
Recommended Level: 35
Repeatable only for "Bane of Blood" | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: @Morgenstern

Rewards:

• 3 SP
  • 5000 Col
  • 15 T3 Materials
  • Last Hit Drop: Bane Of Blood - Vial of blood received from <"Blood Bane". Upon Consumption, the Player will regenerate 15 HP per turn for the rest of the thread. 

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Must defeat 2 "Warg Wolves" per player before challenging "Blood Bane"
  • Must defeat "Blood Bane" and 3 "Warg Wolves" in the same fight.

Summary:

Word has been received that upon the fifteenth floor, a new more vicious wolf alpha has been terrorizing travelers and merchants. Bulletins of the beast are posted on exits to the city. Many merchants are fearful to travel around, and the city is becoming more afraid of not being able to get the supplies they need. Towns have gathered col and a few other rewards for the person or party who hunts down these powerful beasts and returns for the reward alive. 

Outline:

Image result for wary wolf ff12
<< Warg Wolves >>
Statistics:
HP: 500
DMG: 175
MIT: 20
ACC: 2
EVA: 1
Abilities:
<< Sonic Fangs >> : Many Rapid Bites inflicted on the Player with the most hate. Deals 225 DMG on CD:10+
<< Protect the Alpha! >> : Warg Wolves place themselves in a position to protect their leader. <<BloodBane>> [if present] may not be targeted or hit while at least 1 <<Warg Wolf>> still lives. 

nERB8Lv.png

<< Blood Bane >>

[Note: Blood Bane receives his own dice roll]
Statistics:
HP: 1250
DMG: 225
MIT: 50
ACC: 3
EVA: 0
Abilities:
<< Fenrir Fang >> : Blood Bane bites the player with the highest hate with magnificent force. Deals 200 Mitigatable DMG and Leaves a 2 Turn Bleed of 36 DMG on a attack roll of 9-10.
<< Call to Hunt >> : Blood Bane creates a howl that rips through the battlefield and invigorates itself and its allies.  Raises all enemies DMG and MIT by 25 for 2 turns on a CD rolls of 10-12. Has a cool down of 2 turns, does not stack.
<< Feast of Blood >> : Blood Bane consumes enemy blood, healing itself. Blood Bane heals itself by 25% of the Damage it deals to its foes after mitigation. If Blood Bane attacks someone under the effects of Bleed, then it heals itself for an extra 200 HP.

The day of floor 25's boss fight is not that far in the future. And for it, they all will need to be as prepared as they can be. So Zandra hace trained all morning in her slime farm. But with ready wasnt only thru training. From the floor boss fight, more consumables needs to be used. And really think thru the team composition. So far they have been succesful with having nontank ppl sometimes step in as tank. This time, her opinion was to get dedicated players to cover the roles. She had already talked abou this with Hestia, but there was someone else she wanted opinions from. Someoen she had growed closer to during the latest boss fight. Someone that trusted her in a way noone else did. So she had planned a meeting with him. The berserk healer kills the last off the slimes and leaves the slime farm. As she thought earlier, planning wasnt all. They needed all buffs they could get. That was also a reason she asked Itzal. Not many other players would be able to safely walk thru a quest that gave such a good buff.

So she went down to floor 15 with Zita on her shoulder. She have always admired Kashirho. To have a whole village in the tree tops. She headed to a cafe beside one of the rope elevators. She entered "the wooden cake" where she ordered a cup of hot choclate and a blueberrypie slices that she started nomnoming while waiting for Itzal.

@Itzal

Edited by Zandra

Buffs/Boosts Used

Spoiler

Master Bedroom:  -1 to Energy costs for the first 3 Expenditures of Each Combat.

Master Bathroom:  The first time you suffer DoT in a thread reduce damage taken each turn by 25% rounded down.

Living Room:  Increases out of combat healing by 5*Tier, and decreases full energy regeneration to 2 out of combat posts.

Attic Storrage:  +5 Bonus col from monsters and treasure chests

Basement:  Gain +1 LD bonus to either stealth rating, stealth detection, or prosperity in one post in a thread.  Can be applied after a roll.

Mega Slime Farm:  +2 SP

Stats/Skills

Spoiler

General
Level: 80
HP: 1,630 with Acrobatics.
Energy: 160

DMG: 17
Stealth Rating:  +4
SP Available:  4
Total SP:  454

Combat Setup
----------------------------------------------
Slot 1:  +3 EVA / +1 EVA +2 MIT
Slot 2:  +2 BLD/PLZ +1 Keen 
Slot 3:  +3 ACC
Looting Setup
Slot 1:  +3 ACC
Slot 2:  +3 LD
Slot 3:  +3 EVA

Skills: 
Rank 5 one handed straight sword 
(+5 DMG) <50 sp>
Rank 5 light armor (+25 MIT) <50 sp>
Rank 5 Search and Detect  (+5 LD) <50 sp>
Gatherer (turns each material found into the ammount of 4) <10 sp>
Picking (+3 LD when opening chests) <15 sp>
Rank 3 Familiar (Rank 3 Fighter: +9 dmg) <18 sp>
Rank 5 Charge (+5 dmg first attack) <50 sp>
Rank 5 Battle Healing (+5% total health per combat post) <50 sp>
Rank 4 Hiding (+3 Stealth Rating) <35 sp>
Rank 2 Exceed Mod Limit (+2 Mods allowed)  <5 sp>

Mods:
Dismantling (+2 LD for picking chests)  <8 sp>
Athletics: +1 dmg +10 * tier HP.  <9>
Sprint & Acrobatics +1 Evasion while wearing light armor <15>
Ferocity:  +1 DMG <15>
Untraceable: Players cannot Track Itzal <9>

Extra/locked Skills: 
Survival <3 sp>
Disguise:  +1 EVA for a full round.  3 Turn Cooldown.
Expert Martial Arts (+3 unarmed damage) <23 sp>

The rogue hacked and slashed through the slime monsters he had conjured up using the terminal.  The slime monsters were on high difficulty now with pretty good intelligence as an AI.  Shaped like actual players with their own slime weapons, they were meant to help him practice for when he fought player killers.  Technically he already had and won, but this was to keep his skills in top shape for when it happened.  When he received a message he quickly dismissed it until the fight had been concluded.  He was practicing not letting himself be distracted in the middle of a fight.  That would be vital to his survival.  Eventually of course he had taken down the last slime.  The console pulled up the menu for the slime farm and Itzal hit conclude.  The menu went away and the fighting terrain returned to the way it was.  Itzal opened up the menu and noticed it was a message from Zandra.  A quest?  As he read it he realized this was one he had never taken on before.  Huh.  He replied that he would be there shortly and closed the menu.  Yeeeaaah, he'd be there after he took a shower...

It didn't take long, as he really didn't like taking forever.  Walking on the fifteenth floor he began to head to the coordinates she sent him.  He looked at Velnia.  "Now don't forget Velnia.  She knows who we are so you don't have to hide your nature.  But please, for our sakes, don't go all Velnia hyper on her?"  Velnia just made a dragon grin as if to say, no promises.  Itzal rolled his eyes as they walked through crowds, some of the people trying to avoid them.  Eventually they reached where Zandra sat, apparently eating something.  "You have to admit, this floor is perfect for stalking someone.  The floor itself always holds the feeling over you that you're being watched, so instinct can't exactly warn you you're being followed."  He walked over and sat down at her table.  His hood still up, only Zandra would be able to see his face.  Velnia zipped around before landing on the table looking eagerly at Zandra's pie.  "Velnia...  No...  I'll buy you your own."  The dragon looked at him skeptically and he sighed.  "Alright two, but please keep yourself calm.  At the very least while we're in here...  We don't want another juggling incident."  The dragon chuckled as he ordered two pies.  He looked at Zandra with a smile.  "It's good to see you again Zandra.  And good choice of a quest to take.  The drop will certainly be worth it."

@Zandra

• 4 weeks later...

Zandra felt the wight of Zita landing on her shoulder and pekking her on the head. She looked up from her pie to see what had brought her attention. It was the scout that have appeared. ‘’I guess its time.’’ She said before Itzal got within hearing distance. She saw him saying something to his familiar as well, thou not a single word was herd. The king’s eagle went up to one of the beams in the café where its sharp eyes scanned the room, always watching.

Zandra smiled to the hidden face. Well, hidden for everyone except her. She nodded. ‘’That is true.’’ She said an looked up at Zita. ‘’Its moment like that it is good to have more then instincts to to warn you.’’

Zandra sat quiet and took another pieces of her pie as Itzal ordered some for his familiar that seemed jealous of the blueberries. As the order was placed Zandra leaned back on the back of the chair with a relaxed expression. ‘’It’s good to see you to. I’m glad you havent run away and got yourself killed or something. And yepp, this drop is really strong. Like adding an extra rank of battle healing.’’ She paused before she continue. ‘’Thou, the quest is only one reason I wanted to meet. There is something else I wanna talk about. Something that is more important then just a buff.’’ She looked at him, her face turned serious as her crimson eyes met the ash in his.

@Itzal

Itzal waited patiently for the pie to be finished and brought out.  Or more accurately he was waiting for Velnia.  The silver dragon was clearly anxious for her sweets to arrive, and was doing everything in her power to not start flying to and fro all over the place.  One could say her energy made her an exact opposite of Zito.  Itzal was being watchful of his surroundings as well, however he was less concerned about a surprise attack in the middle of town than Zita was.  Itzal sighed as she agreed with him on the matter of this floor and how instincts weren't of much use.  "Having the search skill can be very useful outside of finding materials.  Unfortunately it's the only thing I'm really skilled in.  My damage output is unbelievably weak since I use the straight sword.  But still...  I never want to use anything besides it."  He would be of far greater help if he'd only switch to rapier, martial arts, or the two handed battle ax skill.  But none of those matched his fighting style.  He'd never get used to it.

When she mentioned running away or getting himself killed Itzal chuckled and shook his head.  "Never.  I made a promise, and I never break a promise."  He looked out the window for a moment.  "Still.  This item really is useful.  If players get high enough level to where they can just grind it with ease, this would be an excellent front lining staple with bosses becoming so powerful as of late."  He was silent as he thought about this when Zandra added that it wasn't the only reason she wanted to meet.  How there was something important she needed to discuss.  Itzal folded his hands on the table and nodded.  He wasn't showing fear or concern, but he was focused.  Calm.  His blue eyes staring steadily back into her red eyes.  "Well, you have my attention.  What's up?"

@Zandra

Zandra took some moments to think thru how she should begin. She moved her hand thru her hair, unintentionally making the hood fall down. She cleared her throat once and started talking. ’’So, I am pretty sure, or well, I am sure you know about our current situation is on the frontlines. The latest floor boss fight is an excellent example. If we want to have a chance to reach floor one hundred, we can’t continue like this for much longer. Take our party for example, Sey is actually not a tank. He changed his build because we needed another tank. I have herd he changed back to dps after Levi was dead. What I wanna say with that is, we need dedicated players for the roles. We was lucky none died this time. But we may not be that lucky next time.’’ She grit her teeths and her face turned to something between sad and annoyance. ‘’But I’m not sure how I will make this happen. So wanted to ask for your help. First if you have any idea how to do it. And second if you want to help me doing it.’’ She looked at the young man, waiting for his answer.

@Itzal

Itzal nodded as he closed his eyes, agreeing with her completely.  He rested his head on his hands as he thought for a little bit.  Tanks were needed, but so were full time supporters.  They needed players who could buff the party as well as heal them up.  Because Hestia wasn't a full supporter they had that rather painful issue.  They were in need of supporters as well as tanks, and fast.  He tapped his foot as he thought about this.  "...The only player I know of who could possibly make a last minute stand in is Domarus, but he's still tier two.  If we could get him to level up more and change his skills, even temporarily, then he could act as a tank until someone else comes along.  It means we lose another AoE user, but lesser of evils and all that.  In the long run, I can try and scout out some players and see if we can encourage the weaker players to become tanks.  However, we also need full-time supporters as well.  Supporters who have every important buff first aid can provide.  Hestia didn't have any of those mods, and because of this she couldn't enhance anyone's damage or defense.  It was...  Not pretty."

He sighed and tapped his finger.  "These bosses aren't just going to be a charge in and seize the day anymore.  Not just in numbers either.  We really have to strategize from now on.  We don't have any other choice.  Hestia suggested having players go in and scout the boss out before teleporting out of there.  It's a good idea, but if the boss has extreme damage that would be extremely risky.  We should have as many buffs as well...  I don't know, this requires some thought."

@Zandra

Zandra placed her elbows on the table and leaned her head her thumbs while the rest of the fingers massaged the sides of her forehead as she closesd her eyes in thought. ‘’I don’t Domarus is the right player to do that. The two handed axe’s superior aoe damage is something we shouldn’t remove.’’ She didn’t said that to brag, it was just a fact. The game was way to unbalanced, to have a weapon have a stronger aoe then most other weapons single target was just stupid of the system. But better use any exploit as long as it is available. ‘’If we shall list it.’’ She opened her eyes and started swiping in the air. A few moments later she had a text box with a ketboard below. She started writing as she spoke. ‘’The pure and dedicated tanks we have is first ofcourse Calrex. And Hestia should be classed as a tank. Yes she can heal, but her main focus should be tank duty. There we have two partys. Those are the two that we can call true tanks. Lately I have really lost info on the tier two players. And yes you are right with the support, we need that as well. Actually about that, it is much easier to cover that role compared to tank. To be a tank, you picking up heavy armor with mods, block, howl etc. For support you only need first aid and its mods.’’ She said before looking up at him. ‘’Any input on that?’’

@Itzal

Itzal thought about this for a little bit.  "Yes, it does make sense that we'd keep Domarus where he is.  In that case, we just need to find any tier two tanks and train them up as quickly as possible."  He listened to her talk about how Calrex and Hestia were the official tanks.  The only supporters he knew of that they had were Zandra and another girl.  However that girl vanished pretty quickly when she nearly died in the fight.  Which brought up another concern...  "Supporters should have heavy armor and battle healing too if you want my honest opinion.  They're vital and as such they need to have every form of protection as possible...  That being said, by the time they reach tier three they should already have this.  In all honesty, anyone who reaches the frontlines where we are now should have every skill and item they require already.  It's just a matter of finding people willing to actually take the role, and it has to be their choice.  I don't like the idea of forcing someone to take all the hits...  We need to find everyone who is tier two and try to help them level up as often as possible.  If we can do that, we can bring tanks to the frontlines quickly."

@Zandra

She nodded as reply to his opinions. ‘’That is true. Battle healing is a skill everyone, and I mean everyone, should have. DPS as well. And ofcourse you need armor as support as well, thou to take the support role is probably the safest position you can have. Not building up any hate making them not target you. Also, just because you are taking the support role for your party, dosent mean you are healing every turn, you will, or should, attack the enemy as well. That we need people to understand.’’ She paused a bit before continuing. ‘’And yes, we need to scout the tier twos, find anyone that would take up the task. Then support them if they need anything in form of gear, materials or money.’’ She nodded. ‘’I definitely made right choice asking you about this.’’ She said and smiled a friendly smile at Itzal. Then something hit her thought. ‘’Sorry to ask but, what about you? What would you say about picking up first aid? Of course I understand if you don’t want to, just a friendly question.’’

Itzal listened to her speak and added onto it.  "At the same time though, while healers can attack when they have the opportunity, they should also have the support mods so that depending on the situation, they can grant buffs to the party as needed.  Such as sharpness, barrier, etc."  The server brought over to them two pies as ordered and Itzal pushed them over to Velnia who licked her lips and dug right in.  About ten seconds into her feast she took some and offered it to Zita, wondering if he liked food too.  When she smiled and commented how she made a good choice with him, Itzal smiled embarrassed like.  "Strategizing's all I'm good for with my minimal damage I'm afraid, so I have to be."  When she suggested he pick up first aid his face shifted over to mild sorrow and shook his head.  "I'm afraid that isn't exactly possible.  Not right now at least.  You see, my searching skills are vital if we want to find labyrinths on time.  Not to mention my ability to find materials is just as important if I'm going to stock up the frontlines enough to get everyone their consumables on time.  On top of this, the only other skills I have are to either increase my damage as much as possible, or keep me alive.  And I'll need those whenever I hunt down player killers to keep people safe.  Once I get the surprise attack mod however, I can save up for first aid and do my best to aid everyone in that area as much as I possibly can."

• 2 weeks later...

Zandra listened to Itzals reply. As he metioned the supporters should have the mods as well. As a support herself, Zandra had more knowledge and had probably digged deeper into the first aid skill and mods then Itzals. Just as he probably had better intel about the searching. She gave him a smile and a small shoke of her head. ‘’Actually, several the mods is pretty useless. The damage increase mod, it have such a small buff, it is better for the support to do her or his own attack. The cleanse mod is very, very rarely useful. Since most of the time, it is better to just first aid. The latest update to barrier was a great buff and made it worth to use. But before that, it was not worth it either. Field medic you already know all about I guess.’’ A short pause. ‘’So actually, you only need field medic, barrier and maybe purify.’’

What the scout said next actually made Zandra angry. Before she could stop herself, her hand flew ad slapped him on the cheek. ‘’Snap out of that thinking already Itzal! Your damage isn’t minimal or pathetic at all. I hoped I wouldn’t have to say this because maybe you should snap out of it yourself. That seems to not be the case.’’ She took a deep breath before she started explaining. ’’A few weeks ago, I gathered some players that had grandmastered their weapon skills. We went the entrance of a cave where mobs with crazy high healthpool but very low damage was spawning. There we buffed us up and checked how much damage we could do to the mobs. Everyone with exactly the same stats except weapon skill. I don’t have all numbers in my head, but one handed sword was able to do more damage then martial arts and two handed spear. When they was out of energy, she kept on doing quite a lot of attacks before having to stop as well. So stop nagging about it or I may slap you again.’’ She said the last thing with a wink.

Then she sat down again and let out a deep sigh. ‘’Scouting the tier two’s. I guess that will be more work then defeating the floor boss itself. Hehe.’’ She let out a tired giggle. ‘’and don’t bother about the first aid stuff. Was just asking for your opinion is all. Focus on being the strongest one handed sword warrior out there.’’ She finished off with a thumbs up.

@Itzal

• 3 weeks later...

Itzal nodded as she explained how the damage buff mod only gave a very small amount.  "I understand that actually.  Though there's also something else.  The game has a great deal of ways to increase damage.  If you combine every one of them, your damage can be insanely devastating.  The damage enhancement."  He looked at Velnia eating her pie.  "Or familiar.  Or the combination of damage familiar and the fallen or holy enhancement.  Or both if you're lucky.  Critical hits.  Surprise attack from stealth skills.  The damage potion.  The protein consumable.  And there's now an enhancement for wedding rings which increase damage further.  Without fallen or critical hits, one's base damage can be twenty three with these combinations, and twenty nine to thirty five with fallen.  Twenty five, thirty one and thirty seven with two handed weapons.  And this isn't counting the sharpness mod.  While yes it's only a small buff, it does count in the long run.  If you want to think of it another way, think of a tapestry.  One single thread alone doesn't paint the image, but with the others you have the full picture."  They needed supporters who had every buff in case of every scenario...  He couldn't convince everyone, but the math was solid.

When he saw her face change he thought to himself: 'oh boy here we go'.  He felt the slap hit him, though no pain was dealt.  As usual he listened despite the strike doing nothing.  She already had his attention after all.  Evidently she had thought he would fall out of this thinking already.  He just blinked to this, seeing as how his damage output was probably the lowest in the entire frontlines...  If not last then second to last for certain.  It was mainly because the one handed straight sword dealt so little damage with it's times eleven multiplier.  If he had something stronger it would help.  It always confused him how weak the one handed straight sword was.  In the medieval world, if you faced someone with a straight sword, you were in trouble.  But in here.  The MMO known as SWORD art online, it was one of the weakest.  All it was good for was backup damage and stunning.  AoE was worthless if it couldn't deal enough.  At least when he got the surprise attack mod he'd be dealing more damage on occasion.

When she shared her story he knew he should not mention the fact that multiple variables could tilt the scales, but given that everyone makes sure they are buffed and of the same level on the frontlines those variables dwindled to nothing.  He just nodded. "Sorry.  Old habits.  Helps me focus on getting stronger."  He fell silent for a moment.  "Doesn't help either that I wasn't able to save my apprentices when Fearx and Chaos attacked my guild."  He shook his head with a sigh.  "But you're right.  I shouldn't focus on the negative.  As for scouting, if I tag along it shouldn't take too long.  The only difficulty would be defeating the monsters along the way.  I have buffs for the scouting, and buffs for the floor boss so I'm ready anytime you need me to go."  When she told him to focus on becoming the best sword wielder he just chuckled.  "Hopefully I'm almost there.  I just have to finish the hiding skill, extra mods skill...  And I'm not sure after that."

@Zandra

‘’Yes, there is a lot of different small damage buffs and they are very strong when gathered together. But the sharpness mod, the supporter needs to spend time to buff the teammate, time that could be done attacking. So, the biggest buff is for martial arts, katana and two handed spear. The sharpness would add forty five damage. So unless the supporters damage is lower then ninety after damage reductions, its better to keep attacking instead of buffing when it comes to damage.’’ She replied to when he mentioned different damage buffs and one effect maybe isn’t much but when gathered up together it will be powerful.

Then he talked about scouting, that he had the needed buffs and was ready whenever she needed him to go. ‘’Oh, I meant scouting as looking thru tier two players for any guy or girl that will be able to join us for the next big battle.’’ With that she rose again, stretched her back. ‘’Well, was a good talk. We can do some more chit chat on the way. We also need to kill a big bad wolf. Just as you mentioned, the final hit drop isn’t amazing, but together with other stuff like battle healing and regen, it will end up in some pretty neat passive healing. You ready to go?’’