[PP-11] <<Nature's Treasure>> w/ Soleil & Alec

Kirbs strolled through the courtyard with a conflicted face. It was pretty... pretty here. How was a mob going to spawn in a city like this? Some things just don't really make sense, anymore, huh? She kicked a few rocks and mumbled under her breath. She was tired, again. This time was odd, though. She wasn't planning in her stack of papers like she was usually doing. Last night, she was just lying in her bed... thinking. 

She didn't particularly know why but damn, it was great falling asleep on your bed instead of a bloody counter. 

She flicked through her inventory with a sigh. Maybe she could do some hunting to get her adrenaline up. Nothing better for the soul than killing a couple of mobs, right?

Kirbs grumbled under her breath in agreement as she equipped her spear. The same spear Alec had made for her... She pushed her hair up and sighed. She hated the way she had left him when they had finished Essence of Steel. The guilt was gnawing at her damn gut.

Spoiler

LVL: 25 | HP: 500 | EN: 50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 1 BLEED | 4 REC | 23 MT

Skills:

> T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

> T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 4 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects

> R5 2H Assault Spear Skill: 7 DMG

> Concentration: Gain +1 ACC until the start of your next turn (must declare use in roll purpose).

Equipped:

> T2- Target Necklace: 2 ACC

> T2- Rose Thorns: 2 PAR, 1 BLEED

> T2- Chronograph: 2(4) REC, 1 (18) MIT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solei rubbed his eyes. It was still pretty damn early in the morning... but it was either this or being bombarded by kids in the morning. He figured he would leave that up to the other caretakers. The bluenette stretched his back as she entered the bright and colorful courtyard. No harm in gathering in a place where the monsters could literally one-shot him, right? Solei let out a satisfied groan as he heard his back pop multiple times. 

Looking back down, he realized there wasn't many people in the courtyard at all. Scratch that, there was only one person. A young redhead, it seemed. God, she didn't look much older than Jessica at home! Man, he suddenly felt old. He felt super old. 

Pushing those little worries down the hatch, he decided to approach her. She looked nice, right? Holy moly, what was that around her neck? Well, there's no backing out now, Danny. Face your fears like a man! He nearly stumbled as he had that little mental battle in his mind, but laughed sheepishly as he straightened himself out in front of her. "Erm, hello, there!" He chirped, grinning. "You're the only person kind of here other than me... and I really, really, didn't want to be alone on a floor like this. So I'm just kind of going to hang around you for a bit? Only if it's okay for you, though! I don't want to be bothering you while you... gather?"

ID: 120822

LD: 20, +2 Mats

Total Materials: 2

Alec awoke on his couch in his living room, it was morning, he blinked and set up his bare feet resting on the cool stone floor of his living room. The large man stood up and stretched loosening joints stuff from sleep at his age. Alec received several pops and snaps as he stretched and rotated. It was no where near as bad as the old days sleeping on the tiny cramped rented beds. But his age still leaving him feeling mildly stiff in the mornings. Alec walked bare foot a road his living room floor to his kitchen and poured himself a mug of coffee and enjoyed the morning. As he dipped at the hot dark liquid with a satisfied smile. "Hey sleepy head!" The large man called out loudly. "What should we do today?" The American black bear cub came around the corner stretching it's legs and letting out a loud bear yawn as he entered the kitchen.

@Kirbs

Kirbs nearly jolted awake when someone unfamiliar started talking to her. She blinked, looking up at a stranger with blue hair. Another blue-head? What's up with people, these days? 

"Okay," she mumbled, furrowing her brows. He didn't look very strong, that's for sure. She gave him a once over and blinked. He looked like he could be a level one player. It was okay, though! She wouldn't need to protect him! He just needed to stay out of her way when she was fighting, that's all. She stifled a yawn and crossed her arms at him. He looked old enough to be around Bahr and Sey's age, but you could never really be to sure with this game anymore. 

"You just need to stay out of my way when I'm fighting, okay? I don't want another person dying on me," she said, giving him a once over again. Yeah, he would definitely not survive a single hit from the mobs up here.

"I'm Kirbs by the way."

ID: 120824

LD: 19, +2 Mats

He grinned happily at her confirmation and took her hand in his and shook it. "That's great, no, it's awesome! Thanks a lot!" Solei said gratefully, 

Another person?

He tried his best not to give her a sad smile but it couldn't really be helped. "Don't worry," he said, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze before removing his. "I won't do anything too drastic. I'm not really a fighter, anyway, so I'll be steering clear of whatever you're fighting," the bluenette chimed, placing his hands on his hips with another grin. 

"Kirbs? Interesting name! I'm Solei, nice to meet you, Kirbs!" 

It is interesting. It was a cute name! He loved playing Nintendo games growing up! "Well, I'll just stay on the sidelines and cheer you on while I just gather. Don't mind me, I'll be careful!" He chirped, mock saluting her. He didn't plan on dying today! Nope, yeah, he planned on staying alive just a tad longer!

ID: 120825

LD: 4+3= 7, No Mats

Alec finished his cup of coffee and looked at his friend and companion Humphrey. "What do say we head on up to Floor Eleven and just do some simple gathering pal? I'm a little low on mats for Blacksmithing and if I ever want to be any good I'm going to need Materials to work with." The bear cub gave a large yawn and nodded it's head up and down. "All right then pal. Let's get dressed and get going." The large man said as he equipped himself and headed out for the Eleventh Floor. As Alec entered the Eleventh Floor he looked around and began walking out into the Floors softly spoken about spawning hunting grounds spotting several mobs roaming about he walked out to the center of the air and stood still taking a deep breath of the air with his hands on his hips, for any and all to see who might be in or around the area.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

Alec - Lvl: 37

HP:  770/770 | EN:  74/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

+10% Col - Kills / +15% Col Chests

Relaxed | Col Stash | Col Deposit

EQUIPPED:

Vanquisher Shoulder Armor

Mirror's Embrace

Forearm Axe

BATTLE READY:

Luck Stone

Kirbs nodded her head slowly. He was enthusiastic, that's for sure. It kind of reminded her of herself not too long ago. Man, what'd she kill to go back to those good days. "Alright," she mumbled, spotting a few mobs that looked much like a tree not too far away from them. "Be careful," she said one last time before darting over to the Treant with her new made spear in hand. 

The spear glowed a bright red as she activated her strongest sword art, aiming straight for the mob closest to her. Adrenaline now pumping through her, she delivered her sword art; four quick jabs right into the chest. Before the Treant could really register what was happening, she jumped up into the air and slammed the butt of her spear down hard on to the bark head of the mob. Jumping back, she stole a glance at Soleil, just for safe measures. He was fine. Fine. Fine!

She didn't need to worry, yet.

Spoiler

ID: 120831

BD: 4+2+1= 7, Success

<<Dimension Stampede>> on Treant #1

12x15= 180 DMG

Kirbs: H: 1/0 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 34/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 0/0 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 74/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 190/370 | 111 DMG

Treant #2: HP: 370/370 | 111 DMG

"Will do!" He saluted her one last time before watching her run off, her red hair whipping closely behind her.

"Wow," he murmured, watching her fight. Silent envy crept its way into his mind as she watch her rip a large chunk off of the Treant's health. He wished he could fight like that, but as positive as he was, he knew his physical boundaries. That's all he was. A silent bystander.

Something about watching her fight made him smile, though. She looked so free. The dull color in her eyes were suddenly brightened ten fold when she drew her spear out. It made him happy. He saw her glance back at him and Solei offered her a wave with a cheerful grin. "You go!" He piped, clapping his hands together. God, he felt like a cheerleader. Cheerleaders were hot, though, right? Maybe the universe was trying to tell him something...

His focus was quickly shifted over to another stranger he has never seen before. He looked just as experience as Kirbs, if not more. Perhaps they knew each other?

ID: 120832

LD: 9+3=12, +1 Mat

Total Materials: 3

Alec heard the sounds of fighting coming from nearby and was shocked to see it was his young friend Miss Kirbs and she seemed to be defend a rather nervous young man from a pair of Treants. Well if that young man needed saving then Alec would help the young red head defend the man. "HEY!!!!" The massive muscled man bellowed in his deep baritone rumble as he stalked forward his shoulders rolled forward and intimidation pulsing off him in waves. "WHY DON'T YOU PIECES OF KINDLING PICK ON SOMEONE A LITTLE BIGGER!!" As he triggered his Howl ability instantly drawing the pair of Treants full attention and focus as he stepped up next to Kirbs. "Hi ya lil one. How have you been?" The large man asked the young red head with a wide grin on his face. "It's good to see you again. Nice spear by the way." The large man said with a quick friendly wink. The Treants instant started flailing at the large man. The first Alec blocked the attack with easy while the second slipped past Alec's defenses to jam a twig into his arm but his Battle Healing kicked in and instantly healed the damage as he swung his razor sharp shield around slicing deeply into the Treant opening a cut in its trunk.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

Treant 1:120833

MD: 4+1=5 (Miss)

Treant 2: 120834

MD: 7+1=8 (Hit) 111-104=7 DMG (THN 36 DMG)

Kirbs: H: 1/0 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 34/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 190/370 | 111 DMG

Treant #2: HP: 370-36=334/370 | 111 DMG

Edited by Alec

She mumbled sheepish thoughts under her breath as she returned her focus back on the Treants. Solei certainly knew how to make people feel special, didn't he?

She nearly jumped out of her armor when a booming voice echoed through the courtyard. Whipping her head, she was met face to face with Alec himself. Her face paled when she remembered how she had left him last time. "I-I," she stuttered, her gripping growing unbearably tight on the weapon he had given to her. She nodded her head and forced down the large rock in her throat. "T-thanks." I got it from the best, is what she wanted to say, but she didn't really know how to face Alec especially when she had been suhc a jerk to him last time they were together.

She winced when there was a small branched lodged into him, but let out a sigh of relief when she saw that he barely, if not any, took damage at all. She couldn't help but feel a cold shiver go up her spine every time someone got attacked other than her. She was so used to being a tank figure while fighting.

Sending those chills out the imaginary window, she leaped back into battle, using another kind of attack that kind of looked like a Link spin attack. Man, Kayaba really needed to get more creative with these sword arts. She stuck her leg out and twirled in a circle, effectively stunning both of the Treants.

Spoiler

<<Weeping Moon>> used on Treant #1 and Treant #2

ID: 120835

BD: 8, Success

CD: 8, +4 EN

ID: 120836

Kirbs: H: 2/1 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 26/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 82/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED]

Treant #2: HP: 226/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED]

Solei watched as the man engaged in battle with some kind of war cry. Huh, so they do know each other. That was nice to know. They looked like quite the duo, too. Both repeatedly attacking the Treant with such ferocity, it was almost terrifying. 

He decided to just sit around and plopped himself on his butt and continued to watch the two fight. He felt like he was in some kind of action movie!

"Oh look, a crystal!" He said to no one really but himself. Picking it up, he plopped it right into his inventory with a victorious smile. He might not be fighting but damn, did he feel like a real trooper right now. He was going to be rich with materials one day, it's not even going to be funny. Just watch, world!

Turning his head back to the fighting duo, he cupped his hands around his mouth and grinned. "Come on, you can do it!" 

ID: 120841

LD: 5+3=8, No Mats

Total Materials: 3

Edited by Solei

Alec watched as the young red head broke into a deadly set of spins whipping and slashing and jabbing with her new spear. Alec gave a lopsided smile the girl was good Alec had to admit as a sense of pride swelled within his chest for the young woman as she spun and slashed. When she was finished Alec gave her a proud nod and stepped forward drawing on the the games energy as he activated a Sword Art causing his Forearm Axe to begin glowing and vibrating as the energy built. When the energy reached its peak the crescent shaped axe heads affixed to his forearm began sparking as lightning danced along its head. Alec swung his arm out slashing deeply into the Treant opening a cut in its bark. Alec brought his shield back up to defend as the Treants stood immobilized from Kirbs's last attack as he readied for the Treants next set of attacks.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

Lightning Axe to Treant 1

ID: 120876

BD: 7 (Hit) 8*7=56 DMG

Kirbs: H: 2/1 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 26/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 82-56=26/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED]

Treant #2: HP: 226/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED]

Edited by Alec

Kirbs chuckled to herself as she heard Solei cheer from the background. It was certainly odd, but she wasn't against it. It made her feel slightly more happy. Just slightly. 

Kirbs drew her spear in front of her again just as Alec had finished his attack and dashed forward, using the same sword art as before. The blade of Rose Thorn grew a valiant red before she delivered Weeping Moon on the duo Treants. Unfortunately, she missed the first one, but managed to paralyze the last one again. Looking over at Alec, she offered him a smile, although a dull one. "You think you can finish that first one off?" She asked, her eyes shifting back and between the two Treants. 

The first one was dangerously low, and Alec could probably kill it with just a simple sword art as long as he doesn't miss... but if he did, she could always use another AOE attack.

Spoiler

<<Weeping Moon>> used on Treant #1 and Treant #2

ID: 120883

BD: 3+2=5, Fail

CD: 9, +4 EN

ID: 120884

12x9= 108

Kirbs: H: 2/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 18/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 26/370 | 111 DMG

Treant #2: HP: 108/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED RENEWED]

Solei crossed his legs as he watched the both of them fight. Something about it was just so exhilarating! He still couldn't help but feel envious to the two, though. As optimistic as he was, he knew his limits, and doing whatever those two were doing, were out of them. He was going to help one day, though. Somewhere along his journey, he wants to actually save someone. A warm, bubbly feeling grew in his heart as he thought about it. As much as he loved hanging out with the kids back at the church... he knew that he couldn't be stuck doing monitor work forever. 

All he had was his vanity rapier and that was it... but once he got rolling with EXP, he was going to invest in some support skills. Not to mention when he gets his shop open, he could craft support songs galore! He was going to be the bet healer there ever was!

ID: 120897 [accidentally put kirbs instead of sol]

LD: 13+3=16, +2 Mats

Total Materials: 5

Alec watched the young red head as she broke into another whirling dervish maneuver that Paralyzed another of the Treants again but missed the first one in her speed. As the young red head stepped back Alec instantly powered up his Forearm Axe causing the crescent shaped axe heads to begin glowing and the energy built within them. When the energy had reached its peak lightning began to dance along the axe heads. Alec swung his arm out at the leading Treant and sliced clean through the creatures trunk separating it into two pieces which slowly slid apart before exploding into two clouds of pixels as the large man turned his full attention to the sole remaining opponent they faced. "So how have you been?" The large man asked on his deep baritone rumble as he glanced down at his young red headed companion. "Any thoughts on our last conversation I lil one? Whenever you're ready to talk I'm here."

@Kirbs

Spoiler

ID: 120915

BD: 7 8*7=56 DMG

Kirbs: H: 2/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 18/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 0/370 | 111 DMG - DEAD

Treant #2: HP: 108/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED RENEWED]

Treant 1: Loot - 120921

CD: 6 - 740 Col

LD: 10 - 740 Col

370 Col

1110 Col

TOTAL Col: 2960

1 Rare Trinket

Edited by Alec

Spoiler

ID: 120925

BD: 4+2=6, Success

12x10=120

Kirbs: H: 2/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 9/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 0/370 | 111 DMG

Treant #2: HP: 0/370 | 111 DMG

ID: 120929 [accidentally clicked roll without a purpose]

CD: 9

LD: 17

2,220 [(HP * 3) Bonus Col

4 T2 Mats

1 Rare Trinket

"I don't need to talk," she grumbled under her breath as she darted forward, slashing at the Treant. All the pent up anger she has had was put into those quick, clean cuts. "Just. Die," she muttered, finally impaling the Treant with a clean thrust. She watched it let out a low groan before exploding into a wide array of blue pixels. She huffed and walked back to Alec. 

"You can't help me, Alec. No one can. Remember that," she mumbled only for her and Alec to hear. Solei wasn't ready for her problems. The more he knew, the more she had the need to protect. He was better off being clueless. She would worry less if he knew nothing.

Turning her heel, she walked over to Solei and blinked. "How are you doing material wise?" The redhead asked, raising a brow. "I hope you're going to share it," she sighed, falling down on her butt next to him. She was too pooped to fight another mob for now. Maybe later, though.

Solei let out a small shudder as he watched Kirbs fight with such a force. It honestly just a tiny bit scared him. She was capable of sweeping all of the caretakers of the church! Possibly in one attack, too! Hydravion, Athena and him would never stand a chance to someone like her. That was the scary part of this game;

Even in large numbers, it won't matter unless your stats could match a single person. 

He shooed those depressing thoughts away and focused back on the redhead, who was now sitting beside him. "It's an iffy situation," he chuckled, swaying his hands from side to side. "Of course, I would be sharing, but I sure hope you're going to share the loot you got from those things, too!" He joked, rocking from side to side as he sat down. "Also, do you and that guy know each other?" He nodded towards Alec. "You seem to be friends."

ID: 120949

LD: 5+3=8, Fail

Total Materials: 5

Alec nodded at the young red heads comments as his face set itself back into his perpetual scowl and his features turned stern once more. “Yeah. That’s right I forgot who I was talking to there for a moment. The girl who don’t need no one or nothing but herself. Sorry for interrupting. I’ll let you get back to what you were doing before I so rudely showed up and interjected myself into your business again.” The large man stated in his deep baritone rumble as he turned away from the pair. As he took a step he spotted a shiny gemstone laying on the ground. The large man picked it up and eyeballed it for a second before tossing it over his shoulder to the pair. “Here. Maybe this will help one of you out.” The large man said softly as the began walking away from the two sitting in the grass.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

Roll: 121056

LD: 13 (Material Found)

+1 T2 Material

Edited by Alec

She looked over to Alec and gave a faint smile. "You could say that we're friends, yeah," she let out a small huff that was supposed to be a chuckle. 

Kirbs hugged her knees together as she quietly listened to Alec. She gulped and pressed her forehead against her knees. "I'm sorry," she whispered. She didn't want to push people away, but they have to know that she was broken beyond repair and that nothing was going to help. She didn't want to lose any more people. Having them be cold to her was just as bad as them being dead. The small gemstone landed in front of her and it nearly made her burst into tears. The redhead slowly picked it up with shaking hands and sniffed. 

Why was she like this? Why did she do this to herself? She just wanted to keep everyone safe-- why can't anyone see that but her?

ID: 121057

LD: 1

Total T2 Mats: 0

"Ah, I see," he nodded, looking over to Alec, who's face suddenly turned hard as a rock.

"Huh?" He looked between Kirbs and Alec. Was there some sort of drama going on between them? "Hey, hey, hey," he said softly, patting Kirbs' back reassuringly. She looked like she was having some kind of inner conflict. Shoot, he worked with little kids, not teenagers! He sweat dropped and looked over to Alec. He raced over to him-- almost without stumbling-- and stood in front of him. "Hey, why don't we just try to talk this out, yeah? I'm sure that this could be some type of excellent bonding experience or something!" He said, his smile almost faltering as he peeked behind Alec to see a still trouble Kirbs. 

"Even if she doesn't seem like she wants you around, she does," he said softly, looking up at Alec with a small smile. Even though it was pretty much wrong comparing an almost grown lady to a second grader, he couldn't help but do it. He'd seen many of these cases before.

ID: 121058

LD: 17, +2 Mats

Total T2 Materials: 7