[PP-11] <<Nature's Treasure>> w/ Soleil & Alec

Alec looked down at the smaller younger man blocking his path. The look was hard and distant as the larger man opened his mouth and began to speak in his deep baritone rumble. "You and I might both know that. But until she figures it out for herself there's no helping her. She has to want to be helped for anything to work. Otherwise you might as well just bash your head against a brick wall. You'd get about the same result from both choices. What do you think I've been try to do. I'm not a heartless monster no matter what my physical appearance may lead you to believe. I got a soft spot for the kid but if she doesn't want help them there's no help you, or I or anyone else can give her. So until then I'm going to go make the best of a bad situation and go fight some of these mobs over there, the large man indicated with a massive a and finger pointed just over the young man's shoulder. "That is unless you'd care to keep standing in my way that is." The large man ended as his arm dropped to the side and his gaze lowered to pin the young man with its heavy gaze.

@Kirbs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirbs hugged herself tighter as she watched the two converse and then dropped her gaze down to the ground dejectedly. She wouldn't blame him if he hated her, but why can't he see that she was doing all of this so everyone could be safe? Safe... It seemed like such a far off thing to her now. Was anyone really safe in this hell? Where murder is charged with a slap on the wrist? No, it wasn't safe. She was going to change that. She was going to make it safe for everybody. No one is ever going to feel threatened in Aincrad again, and she was going to make sure that happened.

She cringed as she heard the more bitter parts of their conversation. Why does everyone think that she needs help? She doesn't need help! Everyone just wanted to help, help, help, but they can't! They don't even know anything, and she sure as hell wasn't going to give them her sob story so they can make her feel weak even more.

ID: 121060

LD: 1, Fail

Total T2 Mats: 0

Solei inwardly gulped. He felt like Alec's eyes were literally dropping actual boulders on him. Shaking his head, he shut his eyes and outstretched his hands. "No!" He said a little bit light than he wanted to. 

"Not everyone wants help, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't give it to them!" He said accusingly. "And-and, some just think they don't need it, but they do!" He breathed, opening one eye to look up meekly at the obviously larger player. "Just hear me out, okay?" He murmured, gulping. 

"You don't need to say anything to her. Sometimes people just take comfort in being around people they love," Solei said, his eyes now having a defiant shine to them, but it quickly morphed into a pleading look. "Please, I can't bare to watch someone look like they're suffering when I know I can do something about it. Just give a few minutes of your time, please."

ID: 121061

LD: 11+3=14, +1 Mat

Total T2 Materials: 8

Alec stayed where he was crossing his thick arms across his massive chest. "Speak." The large man said to the smaller younger man as he then dropped his voice to a quieter tone. "But know this. I've tried helping that young woman even though she keeps pushing me away. So if you think you're going to give me some speech about duties or responsibilities you're preaching to the choir boy. I'll die before I let harm come to that young lady and pity the poor fool who causes that pain. Because they'll have to answer to ME." The large man ended with a deep low growl. "So please. Tell me about the need to help others and our parts and roles in such things. Because I'd like you consider one point before you begin. Teleport crystals will take you anywhere instantly." The large man said as he opened his inventory and showed the younger man the stack he possessed within. "I walked away. I NEVER left." The large man finished as he raised an eyebrow indicating it was now the younger mans turn to speak.

@Kirbs

Kirbs prodded at the bare dirt with a stick as she listened to the two talk some more. She was completely fine, why couldn't anyone see that? She sulked silently and rested her chin on her knuckles. She just wanted everyone to be safe, just like the next person! Why? Why? 

It wasn't her who needed to be worried about, it was everyone else! People needed to stop putting so much worry into her and save it for themselves! She was replaceable, they weren't. She didn't need to be defended. Sure, she regretted some of her decisions, but damn, she didn't need other people speaking up for her. She wasn't a helpless dog! 

Why does no one understand her? Was it so hard to see her ideals? She thought this was normal. To feel like this! Why are they being so hard to work with-- why is it so hard for them to see? 

"Don't defend me," she muttered to almost nobody, her grip on the stick getting tighter and tighter. 

ID: 121071

LD: 7, Fail

Total T2 Materials: 0

"B-but-- I-I," he sputtered, clearly speechless. "But-" he started, trailing off only a split second later. 

He let out a harsh sigh before peeking behind Alec again. She looked so defeated-- it made him hurt inside. 

"Fine," he huffed. "If you're too blind to notice that she obviously is hurting, I'll do it myself. Because whether she wants it or not, I'm going to do what I can to make her feel better." He didn't like being that blunt, but you got to do what you got to do sometimes, am I right? 

He finally got out of the player's way and marched himself over to the redhead. Plopping himself back on his butt next to her, he sighed and looked up at the almost cloudless sky. "I know you're probably sick of hearing the same question over and over again and again, but are you okay? Like, be honest."

ID: 121098

LD: 16+3=19, +2 Mats

Total T2 Materials: 10

Alec nodded to the younger man as he left. Maybe his closer proximity to her age would help him be able to reach the young woman better than a man old enough to be her father. He certainly hoped so. He knew darn well Kirbs wasn't okay. It just needed to be her to see it instead of others. Nothing would change unless she chose to make it happen. Alec took several more steps away to ensure he was a safe enough distance away before he targeted a pair of the small tree like creatures and activated his Howl ability again targeting the pair of them. "COME ON TWIG BOYS! COME AND GET IT!" The large man boomed out instantly pulling the two small Treants toward him. The large man stood ready shield raised and held before him ready for their charge. As the two small tree like creatures got into range they began uselessly pummeling the large man as he shifted his shield back and forth easily blocking their futile attacks without even thinking about it.

@Kirbs

Alec used Howl (-8 EN)

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 370/370 | 111 DMG - Roll: 121102 | MD: 4+1=5 (Miss)

Treant #2: HP: 370/370 | 111 DMG - Roll: 121103 | MD: 3+1=4 (Miss)

Edited by Alec

"Do I look okay?" She muttered lowly, her eyes glaring daggers at the ground. He was right. She was sick of it. She was sick of hearing the damn question all the time by all the same damn people. She was perfectly fine! Does she need to make a bloody billboard for people to frekin' see that?!

The redhead heaved herself up and rubbed her eyes. It was too early in the day to be having all of this bull. She blinked her eyes tiredly and sniffed.

Maybe she should've stayed in the shop today. Of all days she went out, she had to meet Alec and some random stranger who asked the same questions as everyone? Was her shop the only safe haven she had, now? 

A booming voice nearly made her jump out of her pants as her eyes darted frantically over to Alec. Was something going on? Was something happening? Did someone get hurt-

A sigh of both relief and irritation escaped her lips as she realized it was just and only Alec. They were fighting Treants again? So soon? They just got out of battle! 

The redhead groaned and picked up her spear, pointing it at Solei briefly, "Stay here," she said sternly before rushing off to help Alec in battle. 

Spoiler

ID: 121104

BD: 6+2= 8, Success

CD: 5, No EN

ID: 121105

BD: 10, +2 DMG [BLEED+PARALYZE]

12x9= 108

12+2=14x9= 126+24= 138

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 1/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 4/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 67/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 262/370 | 111 DMG 

Treant #2: HP: 220/370 | 111 DMG [BLEED+PARALYZED]

"U-uhm," he fumbled around with his words, not wanting to make her more irritated than she already was, or worse. "N-no? I-I mean you look fine! B-but you just kind of have this dark cloud looming over you sometimes-" he cut himself off when Alec boomed with sound not too far away. 

He studied the redhead very closely as her eyes quickly focused on the large man-- almost as if she was scared. Was she scared of the noise? What exactly was she so scared of?

Before he could utter out a single word, he already had a large blade pointed at his face-- to which he very audibly gulped at. "A-alright," he stuttered, "carry on!" 

He let out a heavy sigh as he watched her rush off into battle, again. Were teenagers always this rough to work with? He never really had that much trouble when he was teaching, but he supposed that it was because they were Japanese or something. She didn't look Japanese and her accent clearly told him that she was probably from the United Kingdom or around there somewhere. 

ID: 121151

LD: 20, +2 Mats

Total T2 Materials: 12

Alec glanced down as the young red head jumped into the fight beside him. Really Alec thought to himself why was she do ready to jump in so soon after her last fight, especially since Alec had walked off on his own. The large man left that thought for a later problem as he activated a Sword Art causing his Forearm Axe to begin glowing and vibrating as the energy built within his weapon. When the energy had reached is maximum lightning began to dance and spark off the crescent shaped axe heads affixed to his forearm. Alec smiled viscously as he swung his arm out cutting deeply into the Treant as the lightning arced out from his weapon into the the Treant. The Treant waddled forward and flailed it's branches against the large man leaving small cuts and scratches on his face and arms which his Battle Healing instantly healed as if they're never been there. Alec brought his shield back in front of himself and prepared to continue fighting.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

ID: 121157

BD: 10 (Crit +2) 8+2=10*7=70 DMG

MD: 5+1=6 (Hit) 111-104=7 DMG

ID: PARALYZED

MD: 

Lightning Axe used (-7 EN)

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 1/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 61/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 262-70-56=134/370 | 111 DMG 

Treant #2: HP: 232-24=208/370 | 111 DMG[BLEED+PARALYZED]

Edited by Alec

Kirbs gulped at the very, very, very little energy she had left in the ol' pot. Maybe joining in too early wasn't such a great idea. She decided that she was just going to do a regular basic attack, because that always works, right? The redhead lunged at the Treant, driving her spear into its abdomen harshly, her stun effectively activating the moment her blade pierced the rough skin of the mob. 

Muttering small curses under her breath, she glanced back at the still jolly and enthusiastic Solei. That man was sure something. 

Turn her head back to Alec, she sighed and gripped the spear-- that he ironically made, haha-- just a little tighter. "Let's just kill these things and we'll be on our way, okay?" She whispered. If he didn't want to be around her, she was fine by that, but she wanted him to actually understand. How could he, though?

No one understood her.

Spoiler

ID: 121158

BD: 8 [PARALYZE]

CD: 9, +4 EN

Kirbs: H: 2/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 5/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 61/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 110/370 | 111 DMG [PARALYZED+BLEED]

Treant #2: HP: 208/370 | 111 DMG

Solei puckered his lips as he watched the two go at it again with another two Treants. How many of those things lived here?!

He groaned and fell onto his back. How terribly boring it was to be here. He had nothing to do! You can only entertain yourself for so long before you start going crazy. The bluenette sighed and rolled around in the grass for a little bit, but even that couldn't quench his thirst for something fun and exciting to do. Those two should be able to protect themselves, right? Yeah, they should be alright judging by the two Treants they absolutely demolished a few minutes ago. 

The player sighed and planted his face into the grass. Bored, he is!

"I'm bored," he groaned, his voice being muffled by the grass, duh. Man, he wished he had the internet in here. Or really anything. Like, playing Pac-Man would work for him!

ID: 121292

LD: 1, No Mats

Total Materials: 12

Alec listened to the young red head making unhappy grimbly noises next to him while the fought. Then she had the nerve to say what she had in the gone of voice she had chosen. That was it. That was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back and the large man had had enough. Alec stepped forward but instead of attacking the Treants the large Tank turned his back to them and faced the young red head. Alec stepped in between Kirbs and the Treants and knelt down before the young woman reaching out and gripping her shoulders tightly. Not tight enough to cause pain but definitely tight enough that she wouldn't be slipping out if his grip till he chose to release her and then Alec opened his mouth and began to speak softly for only her ears in his deep baritone rumble. "I've had about enough of this young lady." The large man began began softly but sternly. "You need to talk to me. You're not doing well and it's evident to everyone around you. You need to get this out in the open and off your shoulders. Now please Kirbs talk to me and tell me what's eating you up inside. You're in a bad way and I can't stand to see you like this." The large man very nearly pleaded I'm just deep voice as he stared the young woman directly in the eyes.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

ID: 121316

MD: 2+1=3 (Miss)

ID: PARALYZED

MD: 

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 62/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 262-70-56=134/370 | 111 DMG 

Treant #2: HP: 232-24=208/370 | 111 DMG[BLEED+PARALYZED]

Edited by Alec

Kirbs was just about to attack the Treants again until she was blocked by a very certain someone. 

"What the hell-" 

Her eyes nearly squeezed shut when his large hands wrapped around her shoulders, but they widened considerably when Alec's word hit her like a butt cheek on a stick. 

Talk?

"Talk?!" She screamed, tears already welling up in her eyes. "All they do is talk, talk, talk!" She screeched, bringing up her shaky hand to poke him straight in the chest. "Well, you know what?! I am bloody sick of talking!" She brought her hand back and pointed to herself with an almost crazed grin. "Look at me! All I did was talk," she spat, venom lacing around her words. "--and look where that got me! No, no, no, that was the past. I'm not going to bloody talk anymore. I'm going to take action, do you hear me?!"

Spoiler

Only rolling for energy*

(when you switch the link and the roll purpose Cx, pls kill me)

ID: 121319

CD: 3, No EN gained

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 2/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 770/770 | EN: 62/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 262-70-56=134/370 | 111 DMG 

Treant #2: HP208/370 | 111 DMG

Solei had just placed two random crystals in his inventory when there was an abrupt stop in the usual clinks and clangs of metal binge put up against metal. Furrowing his brows, he turned his head over to the 'once was' battle. 

His slate blue eyes widened as he immediately jumped up. What was going on? 

"Hey, hey, hey," he called out, walking closer at a much slower pace than what he would've liked. You couldn't really blame him, he was practically a few feet away from being impaled by a giant and living tree. The bluenette slowly made his way behind the redhead and Alec, where it was safe-- thank God for tanks.

"Why don't we all just..." he paused, inhaling and exhaling for a split second, "chill? Okay? I think that would do us some good," he said, his eyes flickering from Kirbs to Alec. "All of us?"

ID: 121320

LD: 20, +2 Mats

Total Materials: 14

"I'm completely calm, but thanks for your concern." Alec stated in his deep baritone rumble with out even twitching his eyes away from Kirbs's own eyes. "Kirbs, look at me." The large man said softly and gently but with a sense of force. "Take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong. You think you don't need anyone, but you're wrong. You think you're all alone, but that's not true either. Something is bothering you deeply and it's not healthy keeping it to yourself. I can help you, if you'll let me." The large man continued as he continued to keep his eyes locked on the young red heads. "Seeing like this is killing me little one. It's tearing me up inside seeing you on pain and suffering and I can't let it go on any longer. Let me help you. Please." Alec said heavily as he stared intently at the young woman.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

ID: 121321

MD: 2

ID: 121322

MD: 10 (Crit +2) 111+3=113-104=9 DMG

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 2/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 768/770 | EN: 63/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Treant #1: HP: 134/370 | 111 DMG 

Edited by Alec

She laughed, turning her head to look at Solei. "Chill? I'm perfectly chill. It's everyone else who need to chill-- everyone who thinks they can bloody help me!" She barked harshly, whipping her head to face Alec once again. 

"Why can't you-- don't you see?" She seethed, staring at him right back. "You can't help me. It's my problem, not yours! Mine! Why can't you understand?" She sobbed, fat and salty tears running down her face. 

"So please," she begged, lowering her voice down as her bottom lip quivered. "Jus-just forget about me if you're hurting so much. I don't want to hurt you," she whispered, her glazed over and red eyes casting towards her feet. "I'm not the same person anymore," she choked, her hands gripping into tight fists. She wasn't the same person anymore because of him. She's changed all because of him. This is all of his fault.

Spoiler

ID: 121323

CD: 4, No EN

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 3/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 768/770 | EN: 63/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

"Y-your welcome," he squeaked, turning his attention back to the detained girl. 

To say he was a tad bit scared was sort of an understatement, he was terrified. Was this girl on the brink of insanity? Because it sure looked like she was. 

"Well," he sobered up, gulping down the tight knot down his throat, "I think you just kind of need to have a few breaths-- like what this guy said," he said pointing to the still nameless stranger briefly. "Maybe take a break from all of this fighting, or something like that? Y'know to get your head all cleared up, trust me, it helps a lot."

"You're still you, you may be different just a tiny bit," he said, emphasizing his point by holding up his nearly touching fingers. "But you're still the same person who joined this game two years ago, right? Don't worry about it, kid."

ID: 121324

LD: 10+3= 13, +1 Mat

Total T2 Materials: 15

Alec had hit the nerve as intended and now it was time to get to work helping her he thought to himself as the large man gently moved his hands from the young red head's shoulders to the sides of her face as he gently lifted it to face his own tenderly wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "Hey, hey hey. It's all right little one." The large man said softly as he gently brushed the tears from her cheeks. "There's no need for that." Alec said with a soft smile that he directed at Kirbs. "There's no forgetting you little one. You're kind of unforgettable, and for the record none of us are the same. We've all changed, some for the better and some for the worse but it's what we do with that change that matters. If it's bad memories or experiences Kirbs use it to make you stronger. All hardships forge us into tougher more durable versions of ourselves, unless we let the bad overwhelm us and fall into it drowning ourselves, and you young lady are way too tough for that. You're one the toughest people I know here. And...." The large man continued. "You've made by far the biggest impact on me personally of anyone I've met so far. So there's no way I could ever forget about you or leave. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere my little friend." Alec said as his smile deepened and directed it all at the young woman.

@Kirbs

Spoiler

ID: 121355

MD: 2+1=3 (Miss)

ID: 121356

MD: 9 (Crit +1) 111+1=112-104=8 DMG

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 3/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 767/770 | EN: 64/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40

Edited by Alec

"S-stop it!" She pushed Alec away, bumping to Solei for a brief second before jumping backwards again. 

"T-then please, just stop telling me that you could help me," she silently wailed, nearly dropping her spear as she used her free hand to push her bangs up. "Just stay out of my way if you're not going to forget me!" She heaved, her eyes glancing back and forth between to the two men feverishly. 

"A-and you," she said, taking a sharp inhale of breath as she pointed the blade of her spear at the bluenette. "Don't think that you could just get yourself into this! I want you to stay very far away from me, do you hear me?!" She screamed, her chest rising and falling heavily. "You're not even level bloody five! Do you know how easy it would be to kill you? How easy it would be to wipe you off the face of Aincrad and Earth?"

Spoiler

ID: 121358

CD: 9, +4 EN

Kirbs: H: 1/2 | HP: 500/500 | EN: 8/50 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 PAR | 4 REC | 23 MIT

Alec: H: 8/4 | HP: 767/770 | EN: 64/74 | DMG: 8 | MIT:  104 | ACC: 0 | EVA: -1 (SW) | BH: 7 | THN: 36 | Stonewall: - 25% DoT | OOC Heal: 40