[PP-F2] Conundrums of the past

As they were speaking, Mari had bought up the information for the Redemption quest - calculating the specifics in her head. "Let's see..I'm level 45 so....that would put Redemption at around 2,250 health....and do at the very least, 225 damage per hit....in just 5 strikes I'd be dead. You may be right... I can't go in without thinking this through. I should probably write an annon post on the bulletin boards - seeking help for a skill reset list... I really don't have the heart nor mind to try and figure this out..." Mari thought out loud - it was easier to speak as she worked through things. There was no way she could post as herself, that'd garner the wrong attention. And sitting there and relearning every little skill to figure out the best build. That was wasting time. "Time is very valuable to me right now...." She said offhandedly.

"Guess I have two names on the list now..." Mari uttered as she clicked accept. "I'm not exactly good at conversing - so don't expect daily messages or me dropping in and asking how you are."

Her expression steeled when he asked her again, if she was sure she wanted to do it alone. "I...don't know. I want to go and do this quest- as soon as possible. The sooner I do the sooner I can see someone. A part of me just wants to rip the crystal off my head and dunk it in a pot of green paint and call it a f**king day.  Doing it with a group of people...hell even just  a few other people - it'd help. A lot. But I think you underestimate just how hated I am. I don't think its possible to do it with others..."

When Mari mentioned her skills, Macradon would propose “Well, I’ve been very active and been somewhat studying the skill system. I could lend a hand. My own build is very basic because I just want to do a good overall job, I don’t need a gimmick … but my equipment says otherwise.” he said with a chortle. “Since you mentioned yourself being a glass cannon, it would make sense to spec into your weapon skill, get some ferocity, precision, Light Armor, Athletics. Perhaps Charge to get some extra oomph on the first hit.” he said and pondered further.

Macradon would smile when Mari accepted his friend request “Don’t worry, I won’t bugger you, nor do I expect you to invest in this other than what we’ve already talked about.” he said with a smile. When he got a reply from Hikoru, Macradon would double check it with what Mari had calculated, it checked out.

Macradon would shake his head “You underestimate my influence. I may look like an idiot, and I might be an idiot, but for some reason I’ve become a lovable idiot to some, and I’m quite sure I have a few people already in mind that would actually accept to help you.” said with a cheerful tone and sent a few other messages to a few people, asking if they would help one of his friends out.

"I do have a few special items." Mari mused. "I got that special dagger from the Floor boss...but I suppose it would change if I placed my SP in a different skillset." Mari pulled it out of her inventory. And let it drop soundlessly among the flowers. She reached forward and picked it up. "Since I was ranked in dagger at that point - it's what this weapon became - and its the skill set I am used to. I was strong with it. Mari clicked the option to share the information of the blade with Macradon. "My apprentice...my...former friend tried to kill me so he could take this...he didn't like the fact that I held a Unique Item...how selfish some people are..."

-Kusanagi: A blade that matches the wielders highest ranked weapon skill. The weapon looks similar to that of the Orochi's katana. The blade is blood red and curved at the tip. The hilt resembles multiple snakes coiling around each other with heads flourishing out as the guard of the weapon.

Stats: (On an 8-10 natural roll it induces -2 HP Bleed for 2 turns and +2 Damage)

Mari turned it gently around in her hand before picking up the blade between thumb and forefinger, letting the weapon dangle upside down so Macradon could see it. "An eight headed dragon that spewed forth toxic gases...I remember before the fight I urged everyone to obtain the Night VIsion skill. But not one person did...so they were all flailing around in the dark. Still, somehow - we all made it out alive. My Last frontliner battle..."

She listened to him talk about skills, and what she should probably use. Mari nodded. "Yeh, I used to have charge - actually...." Her brows furrowed as she was going over her old skillset. "I think I could just pick everything I had in the past - and that just may work...I had search and Detect rank 3...with the night vision mod. Rank 5 with my dagger wth the ferocity mod rank 3 light armour and my charge was..." She paused reading the information. "Rank 3 - I could just do that again, couldn't I?"

This discussion, it...motivated her in a way - this seemed to be real, it seemed to actually be happening. She may be able to enter a town again

Should...she let him know about this? Mari hadn't heard from him - but it hadn't been long, and Alkor was never exactly the kind of person to reach out to others. He didn't like questing with others - or anything of the sort. He was a solitary man. Still. Mari felt it only right she update him on the situation.

@Macradon

TO: @Alkor
Subject: Redemption

The Redemption quest has changed over the years;
He has become much more powerful, and it will be a very precarious fight.
Still. I just wanted to let you know I'll be facing him soon. Wish me luck, the odds are against me ^^;
Let's meet for dinner in town when I'm green.
xox - Mari

Edited by Mari

Raising an eyebrow at what Mari had said about her equipment, some of it seemed to be Demonic by nature and shape shifting, just like his Sickle used to be, those kinds of items weren’t dropped anymore, and probably for good reason, as they somewhat ruined the economy of the game with the circulation of Demonics and Uniques everywhere … and it seems like they’re reintroducing it with all these events … “Most people didn’t like the Azure Brigade because they had all the Unique stuff, I was even a bit jealous, but now I’ve become like them … I have a lot of Unique items now, and they’ve really hit the circulation in the economy, it’s like they’re not really that Unique anymore.” he said somewhat disappointed.

“Sounds just as chaotic as my last frontline battle … a group of 5 dark elves, showing what seemed to be programmed emotions, and it … turned some of the frontliners, they protected the floor bosses … it was bizarre.” he said, adding his funky raid battle story to the mix. 

He would nod at the proposal of her speccing into the same skills as she had back then “I guess it would be fine to respec into your skills like you had back then, you’d be somewhat used to those skills, so they shouldn't be too difficult to get used to.” he said “If your main focus right now is the Redemption boss, then let’s look at what we’re up against.” he said, starting a new talking point.

He pondered while thinking out loud “Search and Detect has just become Searching now, and it wouldn’t help against the boss. Light Armor at Rank 3 would be good to grab the Athletics mod for some more Damage and Health. Whatever you choose as your weapon, I would highly suggest maxing that skill out, grab Precision and Ferocity for added damage and consistency. Perhaps even get some more Light Armor Ranks so you can invest in the Sprint & Acrobatics to get that Evasion.” he said, commenting on the possible build for Mari to venture to the Redemption quest with.

Mari nodded slowly - still taking notes. "I'll max out my weapon and light armour skills - and work from there. I adore my Night Vision...but as I look through this...I think I may have to put it on the wayside for now." She lifted a hand to push bangs of pink behind her ear. "Mmm... Ok - I think I have a good build for now. I just hope that your friends pull through. Although - I really cannot fault them if they say no."

As they spoke Mari pulled up her messages, checking to see if she had missed anything from the dark, stoic man she had fallen for. Nothing. Mari wasn't sure why she would have expected anything. He said it himself. He wasn't good with replies, or socailzing. He seemed...different to the man who had kissed her gently in the past, who had tousled her hair and claimed he loved her as he clasped her cheeks between his warm hands. Now, it was nothing but coldness. Now it was barely a hello.

The women had to blink back a few tears, wiping them from her face quickly.

It wasn't fair to him. He just came back. It wasn't fair for her to want to love him so irrevocably so.

"Hey...Macradon..." Mari began. She paused as she took a deep breath - her next words would be very hard for her to say. "Thank you. For all of this. I know...." The blue of her eyes disappeared as she shut them. "I am not the best person. No matter how you paint it - I'm a murderer. A notorious one at that. Not many... would offer what you do. I'm f**king terrible with words, but really...Thanks."

@Macradon

Edited by Mari

Listening to Mari’s thoughts on what skills to take, Macradon simply nodded as he listened. “I You could always invest in some Night Vision later on when you have the SP for it, for now, it’s not gonna do you too well up against the Redemption boss.” he said, hoping that it would keep her hopes up to get her Night Vision again at some other point.

“Hm?” he asked and listened. Something seemed … difficult for Mari to say, like she wasn’t used to saying stuff like that. A warmhearted smile would reply to her jumble of words “You’re very welcome. I’d rather help an orange player slowly resocialize back into society than seeing them fall into further turmoil. This is the least I can do, the only push I can do, to guide you in what direction I see as good, and I hope you do so as well.”.

"The list of items you need, it doesn't seem like it'll be difficult to get, and my friends, I'm sure they'll help, no doubt. You should be in very capable hands with the ones I have in mind, and if you have anyone else in mind that might be able to help you and not backstab you, that would only help your cause." he said with a smile, trying to keep the conversation light but probably failing miserably.

Mari turned away from Macradon as he gave her a warm-hearted smile.

Don't. Don't smile at me like that...I don't really deserve it.

"
Good and evil are relative Mac..." Mari mused. "But - you're right. I gotta keep taking these small steps forward. Not only for myself, but for those I care about." Mari rubbed her hands together to remove the tingling goosebumps she felt. "I'm trusting you Mac - which isn't something I do easily."

Mari was ready to leave, she hadn't had much more to say to the man, and when he arrived it looked like he was looking for someone else.  His final comment about friends...Mari knew that he was trying to be lighthearted and trying to help push her forward, but his words...weren't really inspiring. "That...would be nice, but I don't have any other friends." Mari said simply as she turned her back on him and started to leave. "Maybe one day I could call you one."

"I'll keep in touch. Goodbye."

REWARDS

Mari and Macradon +2 SP
1 SP - thread completion 1 SP December Bonus

Mari and Macradon +200 Col

400 COl per page /2