[F19-PP] <<Keep Calm and Ki'Raion>> My Wayward kohai

forest-warrior-soldier-sword-weapon-mantle-trees-bridge-ruin.jpgFloor 19
<<Keep Calm and Ki'Raion>>
Late Morning

Baldur often frequented floor 19. Perhaps it was the antiquated and ruinous design of the floor that spoke to the gaijin samurai's mental state which caused it to call out to him. After the failed floor 24 boss planning meeting, Baldur felt used up, dried out, and as crumbling at the floor which now surrounded him.

He noticed a quest which had lingered in his quest log that he felt the need to tackle now. There had been rumors of a difficult beast to slay on this floor, and Baldur thought perhaps something challenging might raise his spirits. There was little doubt that anything on this floor could truly endanger the wanna-be Samurai, but there were still several things that would be challenging for him to put down. He was not yet the over-powered mess that were the true top tier front line fighters. Still, Baldur could hold his own.

The gaijin samurai walked towards one of the places his info broker had said the mob sometimes appeared, a smaller ruin of a temple to some forgotten sun god that had become overgrown by nature and surrounded by cursed beasts. A set of planks now covered what may once have been a stone path before nature had reclaimed it and submerged it beneath the marsh.

He stood there, in his sunset colored light armor, and his blue and white haori as the wind caught it, and made the white flames along the hem dance as if alive. His hand rested on the new katana, the <<Warden's Fury>>, which he had just received from Macradon, though at its side was the cursed blade <<Muramasa>>. He wanted to test out his new blade, and this would be a good test of it. Had Baldur become too used to using the <<Muramasa>> and fallen to its subtle, alluring curse of corrupting power. He liked the edge that <<Muramasa>> gave him, and it made him stand out among those who were several levels his senior. It had made the difference against the Pumpking boss they had just fought.

The steel blue eyes of Baldur suddenly glanced up at his mini-map when he noticed another player nearby. He couldn't see whomever it was just yet, but at least they weren't hiding as they approached him.

"Ohayo? Who goes there?"

@Cordelia

Quest:

Spoiler

Floor 19
<<Keep Calm and Ki'Raion>>
Recommended Level: 40
Non-Repeatable | Party Limit: 4
Credit Goes to: @Birdie

Rewards:

• 2 SP if it's Daytime / 1 SP if it's Nighttime
  • 8000 Col
  • 15 T3 Materials
  • Daytime Last Hit Reward: Ki'Raion's Tail [Perfect T2 or T3 Weapon of Choice] - Enhancements: Accuracy/Accuracy/Paralyze

Requirements:

• At least 1 page of RP content (20+ Posts)
  • Defeat "Ki'Raion"

Summary:

Rumour spreads of an exceedingly powerful monster, hidden deep in the far Eastern reaches of the 19th floor. Locals say that the beast roams high hills and barren plains, laying waste to entire settlements and demolishing every cursed fauna that stands in its path. The scouting party who encountered <<Ki'Raion>> have reported escaping with their health points in tatters and the beast’s untouched, dubbing it extremely aggressive, territorial and dangerous. For fear of the <<Ki'Raion>>'s true strength, it's suggested no lone player trek within a thousand yards of the floral lion’s territory and that parties remain vigilant in an encounter.

Outline:

Cdgz1fU.jpg

<< Ki'Raion >>
[Note: Ki'Raion uses his own dice roller for this fight]

Statistics:
HP: 850
DMG: 175
MIT: 100
ACC: 3
EVA: 2
Abilities:
<< Tail Swipe >> : If BD 9-10 and MD 1-5 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" unleashes a powerful tail swipe that can strike a whole party. Deals 150 AoE damage to all party members as well as normal damage to the player with the most hate.
<< Venus Fly Trap >> : If BD of 9-10 and MD of 6-10 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" lunges at the player with the most hate and encases them in its floral mane. They experience 150 additional damage and will take 100 additional damage for each following turn that they're trapped. They are freed when at least 200 HP damage has been dealt to "Ki’Raion" or another player achieves greater hate. A trapped player may still attack.
<< Photosynthesize >> : Absorbing the Sun’s energy, every second attack "Ki’Raion" makes will be damage boosted by 150.
<< Moonlight Aversion >> : During nighttime, the boss does not use Photosynthesize and its damage-boosting conditions deal half as much damage. However, the quest rewards are significantly poorer.

Baldur:

Spoiler

» Baldur, The Gaijin Samurai

• Modified HP: 1270
  • Modified EN: 124
  • Modified MIT: 79
  • Modified ACC: 6
  • Modified DMG: 19
  • Modified EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 50
  • Search: 0
  • Temp Buff: +2 Accuracy
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1250
  • Base EN: 122
  • Base MIT: 79
  • Base ACC: 4 (does not automatically miss on 1s with Warden's Fury)
  • Base DMG: 19 
  • Muramasa Base DMG: 22 (No bonus from familiar)
  • Base EVA: 3
  • Battle Heal: 50 HP
  • Search: +0

» Items Equipped:

• Warden's Fury - Absolute Accuracy/2 Paralyze
  • OR Muramasa - +12 Damage
  • Montsuki haori - 54 DMG MIT/+1 EVASION
  • Emerald Teardrop - +2 ACC/+1 EVASION
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Medium Damage Potion x7 | Rare T2 Item | +2 Damage
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x1 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Max Mass HP Recovery Crystal x7 | Perfect T2 Item | +30*Target Tier (30/60/90)
  • Max T2 HP Recovery Crystal II x5 | Perfect T2 Item | +180 HP
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard
  • HB: Max Vitality Snack x2 | Rare Tier 2 | Grants +12 Energy
  • EWL: Medium Antidote Potion x1 | Rare Tier 2 | Immune to negative status effects for 2 turns
  • EWL: Muramasa
  • EWL: Medium Accuracy Snack x1

» Skills:

• Searching | Rank 0/5 | +0 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing| 4 Rank | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (45HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • Charge | 5 ranks | +1 base damage per rank (+5 damage) once per opponent per combat
  • One Handed Curved Sword | Rank 1/5 | Novice
  • Katana | Rank 5/5 | Grand Master
  • Light Armor | 5 Rank | +25 Mitigation
  • Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Fighter|  3 Ranks | +9 base damage (Does not stack with equipment)
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post
  • Extended Weight Limit | Purchased | Increases Battle Ready Inventory by 3

» Mods:

•  Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  •  Katana Precision: +1 to Accuracy
  •  Katana Ferocity: +1 damage on katana sword arts
  •  Sprint & Acrobatics: +1 Evasion
  • N/A

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia paused in her tracks, peering at the stranger from the corner of her eye as she poked her head out from the trees.

"Hah?" She exclaimed, blinking at him. "Hello, I guess," she mumbled, offering him a small wave as she stepped out from the shrubbery.

Please don't ask me why I'm here because I really don't know myself. . . is what she wanted to say, but she decided against it. Why was she here? God knows why. She felt like she was on a suicide mission when she went above floor fifteen, especially by herself.

Miracle she's still alive.

She peered at his katana and almost cried in pure joy. "So you use a katana?" She asked excitedly, her hands balling in front of her as she exclaimed like a small child. "I haven't seen anyone use a katana since Oscar, and even then, he doesn't even use it anymore. It's good to know I'm not alone in my decisions," she sighed in relief, sweat-dropping before she laughed nervously.

"Sorry about that. I'm just excited to meet someone who doesn't think katanas are a total joke, haha. . ."

Baldur was taken aback by the vibrant girl, one his eyebrows raising as he took in her rapid fire words. He didn't know who Oscar was, nor had he ever given much thought to people's choice of his weapon. He, almost self-conscious now, glanced down at the swords on his hip and then back to the girl. She was almost a head shorter than him, and probably half of his age as well, yet here she was; one of the many children who had answered the call to leave the protection of the safety and sanctuary of the Town of Beginnings and fight their way forward.

It had been a while since he had sought to foster the next generation, but he had been on the lookout for tanks and healers then, though it always seemed to return to him teaching someone the blade. A strange circumstance, given that the computer did all of the hard work.

"I'm sorry... what? Why would people think the katana was a joke? There may be other more versatile weapons, but none can out damage it." Especially not with my secret weapon. But Baldur did not vocalize those words. She didn't know who he was, and that meant she wasn't here for him, nor to hear about his swords.

"I am called Baldur here... I was just hunting down the Quest monster of this floor, Ki'Raion. Have you done the quest already?"

Cordelia shrugged her shoulders.

”Well, some people don’t really like how you have to have another weapons skill unlocked to have it, because the katana itself isn’t very. . . special? Of course, it’s a good weapon but some people don’t find it to be worth another skill slot,” She hummed, finding that she was actually voicing her thoughts about the katana when she first heard about it.

Whatever man, it stuck to her. Quite literally, in fact.

“Ah, pleasure to meet you Baldur. You can call me Cordelia,” she chirped, nodding to the larger than average raven on her shoulders as well, “and this is Pacco. Don’t mind him though, he doesn’t do much but imitate me anymore.”

Oh, you’re doing that quest?” She asked, her expression deadpanning. “No, no. I’m sure that thing can obliterate my healthbar if it wanted to,” she said nervously, clasping her hands in front of her. “I’m far too weak to do it alone. Why, were you planning to solo it?” She asked, her eyes widening a fraction.

Baldur gave the girl a slight bow of his head when she introduced herself, but didn't feel the need to respond to her comments about the katana. It was more expensive than any other weapon skill to max, in terms of skill points and skill slots, but while he could use the extra 5 SP, he was not lacking for open skill slots. In a way, however, Baldur did enjoy being slightly different from everyone else. That little extra step it took to master the katana helped set them apart, otherwise it would be as widespread as Martial Arts, though the number of Assault Spear users had dropped off considerably from what it once was.

"Hello Pacco." Baldur gave the raven a slight smile before returning his steel blue eyes back to the girl.

"Yes, I was planning on soloing it. The boss can potentially be a heavy hitter... eventually, but if you kill it quickly, it should pose little threat. I have recently acquired a katana with a boost to my accuracy, so I thought about giving it a try on this monster. Still... this is only floor 19, only a tier 2 floor.The mobs still don't have a great deal of health, and if you have maxed out your katana skill, and your normal amount of damage, you can probably hold your own against anything on this floor, even the Ki'Rion."

He let the last statement linger in the air for a moment, weighing his next words carefully.

"Would you like to join me? Sometimes it helps to have another present while you stretch your wings and learn the extent of your limits."

“Ah, that’s cool. The katana I’m using is pretty good, though I usually have to get lucky with my hits to get a good deal of damage on anything,” she mumbled, scratching the side of her cheek as she placed her hand gently over the hilt of her sword with the other. 

“Yeah. . . I’m sure I can hold on my own, but players keep telling me how reckless I am when it comes to combat. . . so I tend to try to avoid the higher floors without bringing someone with me. For now, anyway,” she muttered sheepishly, remembering how Bahr had cussed her out for bringing Oscar to the Absolute Zero quest with her.

This man surely was poetic, huh.

Cordelia smiled, nodding her head. “Of course! Though, I can’t take hits very well, but don’t worry! I’m super fast!” She beamed, chuckling to herself. “I don’t know the specific stats for this mob, but I think I can dish out a bit of damage to help you.”

Baldur smiled at the girl and gestured with one hand to pull up the menu so he could invite her to his party. As his hands seemed to move the motions on auto pilot, he looked up to her again as if to address the question that she didn't ask. A moment later, her health bar and energy appeared floating in the air at the corner of Baldur's vision.

"You should be fine. I'll go in first, and once I hit it a second time, you should be good to go in. We just have to manage hate, and you shouldn't have any problems. If you have a crit you may or may not need to back off until I get a hate lead from you. I'm not built like a tank, so we'll have to take it slow, but I shouldn't be missing much, and it shouldn't take that many hits from the two of us to kill it."

Baldur tried to make sure he used his reassuring, experienced leader voice when telling her how things will go, "But I always find the best strategy is just to be safe, and not get hit. If for some reason it turns on you, don't worry about damage, just hit it with a stun. That should buy us enough time to finish it off, or make sure you're safe."

He smiled and gestured for her to follow him into the ruins.

"Do you have battle-healing or any other skills besides Katana? Maybe light armor? or heavy?"

Cordelia clapped her hands together and nodded in appreciation. “Ah, thank you. It’s not very often that I’m the one being carried on a quest,” she said lightly, giggling to herself. “It sounds like a good plan, though,” she added, giving him a thumbs up. “I’m sure we’ll both be fine.”

”I’m pretty sure I can take a couple hits from it even if it does hit me,” she paused, “but I’ll take your word on it.”

She shook her head and sighed. “No, not really. I only have one rank in my light armor but other than that, I don’t have anything. Most of my skills only exist to help me deal more damage. . .” She murmured, scratching her chin. 

“We’ll be fine, though,” she said coolly, repeating herself. 

“So what about yourself?” She asked, following after him. “What’s your build like?” She said quizzically. “Are you a DPS yourself?”

Baldur smiled over his shoulder at the girl when she commented about being carried for a change, instead of the other way around. Baldur was familiar with that feeling, though he had been carried more than he had been the carrier... but when his closest friends were all the top tier frontliners, then that's just what happened he supposed. At least, the gaijin liked to think that he at least carried his weight.

"I've been many things over time. I started out paired with a tank, so I could go 100% DPS focused, but then I witnessed a friend die in a boss raid because he didn't bring along enough mitigation to keep himself safe. So now while I am DPS, I am also tough enough that I can tank a few hits from a boss monster if I need to. Thankfully, with high evasion, that's rarely needed."

He pushed aside a few more vines and branches until they came to a small clearing in the middle of the ruined building, where the sun shone down to form a puddle in the middle of the stone edifice. Curled up like a house pet, sat the giant, photosynthesizing monster <<Ki'Raion>>.

"Alright, get ready, cause here we go." Baldur whispered unneed to Cordelia.

The Gaijin samurai took a side stance, causing a dull thrum of power to rise up as he teased the system assist to activate his <<charge>> skill, as well as his <<San Ge>> sword art. The tall man's large, western hand hovered over the two swords as if deciding which one to go with. He came here to test <<Warden's Fury>> but the seductive allure of the power of <<Muramasa>> was ever present. Finally, Baldur set his hand on the <<Warden's Fury>> and released the combined power of his <<Charge>>, <<Concentration>>, and <<San Ge>>.

Baldur became a blue and orange streak of light as he flew closer to the creature, and while its AI programming caused it to notice as soon as Baldur crossed the aggro radius, it was too late. As Baldur's right foot stomped down with the power of his Charged up San Ge, the thunder struck from his attack, lighting racing along the blade and tearing into <<Ki'Raion>> blowing back dirt and leaves as the gold and white blade tore into the 3d model of the fierce beast, taking away almost a third of its HP bar by the time Baldur's sword art had completed, leaving him facing the paralyzed creature.

"Go ahead and attack, it's paralyzed!"

ID#132967 BD: 8+6-2=(hit) Nat 8 = Paralyze Activated
San Ge: 19 (base) +5 (Charge) = 24x15=360 Raw - 100 MIT = 260 DMG dealt + Paralyzed

[1] Baldur HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 110/124 | DMG 19 | ACC 6 | MIT 79 | EVA 3 | BH 50 | 19x15=285 | 22x15=330
[0] Cordelia HP HP: 640/640 | EN: 64/64 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY 
[Para] Ki'Raion HP 590/850 | DMG 175 | MIT 100 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | BD9-10 & MD 1-5 Tail Swipe | BD 9-10 MD 6-10 Venus Fly Trap | 0/2 Photosynthesize +150 DMG

Spoiler

Statistics:
HP: 850
DMG: 175
MIT: 100
ACC: 3
EVA: 2
Abilities:
<< Tail Swipe >> : If BD 9-10 and MD 1-5 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" unleashes a powerful tail swipe that can strike a whole party. Deals 150 AoE damage to all party members as well as normal damage to the player with the most hate.
<< Venus Fly Trap >> : If BD of 9-10 and MD of 6-10 is rolled simultaneously, "Ki’Raion" lunges at the player with the most hate and encases them in its floral mane. They experience 150 additional damage and will take 100 additional damage for each following turn that they're trapped. They are freed when at least 200 HP damage has been dealt to "Ki’Raion" or another player achieves greater hate. A trapped player may still attack.
<< Photosynthesize >> : Absorbing the Sun’s energy, every second attack "Ki’Raion" makes will be damage boosted by 150.
<< Moonlight Aversion >> : During nighttime, the boss does not use Photosynthesize and its damage-boosting conditions deal half as much damage. However, the quest rewards are significantly poorer.

Edited by Baldur

“Ah, I see,” she mumbled, nodding her head. “I’m not really one to get mitigation in my armor,” she chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck, “I suppose I have enough evasion to make up for that, though,” she added quickly.

Cordelia peered over his shoulders and almost ‘awed’. It was like a giant cat, but it could probably kill her in a few turns if it was lucky.

Heh, cute.

Cordelia nodded to Baldur, unsheathing her own katana as she waited for him to engage.

Her mouth went agape as she watched him whizz towards the Ki’Raion. He was fast. Really fast. 

Hey, that was pretty cool. . !

Her thoughts snapped when she heard him yell after her, urging her to attack it while it was still paralyzed. “O-oh, yeah, right!” She called back, darted forward as she readied a San Ge.

Her katana flashed a bright white as she dove towards the paralyzed mob. In a flash of white and gray, her katana slashed through part of the creature, creating a large gash of red on its body.

Heh, she actually did damage. That’s nice.

ID: 132968

BD: 10, Crit [+2 DMG] [Holy Activated] [+4 DMG] [+2 ACC next turn]

13+2+4=19x15=285-100=185 590-185=405 HP

[1] Baldur HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 110/124 | DMG 19 | ACC 6 | MIT 79 | EVA 3 | BH 50 

[2] Cordelia HP: 640/640 | EN: 50/64 | 3 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY

[Para] Ki’Raion HP: 405/850 | DMG 175 | MIT 100 | 3 ACC | EVA 2 

Baldur smiled as he saw the unique holy enhancement on Cordelia's katana blaze to life and struck the dande-lion creature to chunk away a large portion of the mob's health. He was used to dealing larger portions of damage, but between this monsters larger mitigation, and trying to adjust to the lower damage but higher accuracy weapon, Baldur felt as if a handicap had been imposed on him. Had he used <<Muramasa>> this creature would already been in the red. The thoughts then pushed themselves back of the fight against the floor 24 field boss, and his constant misses at critical moments causing the trash to linger and heal the boss, and letting that decisive victory slip through their fingers. He would have to calculate how many misses it would take to earn back the damage from <<Muramasa>>. It probably worked on in the longer run, but Baldur couldn't help but feel a pang of regret.

"Good job, Cordelia-chan! Now it's up to you, hit it with a stun or go all out, we'll clean this guy up and he won't even have hurt us!"

Once again Baldur launched himself at the creature, the white and golden light of the sword arts were a stark contrast to the blood crimson arcs of the <<Muramasa>> and these arcs tore into the quest monster, dropping its health just shy of the red zone.

"We got this!"

Ki'Raion is paralyzed and does not act. But is no longer paralyzed.
ID#132978 BD: 4+6-2=8(hit)
San Ge: 19x15=285-100MIT=185 DMG Dealt

[2] Baldur HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 96/124 | DMG 19 | ACC 6 | MIT 79 | EVA 3 | BH 50 | 19x15=285 | 22x15=330
[2] Cordelia HP HP: 640/640 | EN: 50/64 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY 
Ki'Raion HP 220/850 | DMG 175 | MIT 100 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | BD9-10 & MD 1-5 Tail Swipe | BD 9-10 MD 6-10 Venus Fly Trap | 1/2 Photosynthesize +150 DMG

@Cordelia

Edited by Baldur

"I'll go all out!" She called back, darting in for another attack. 

Haunted Verdict's white blade soared forward as Cordelia used another San Ge. She honestly wished she could use a different attack, because this sword art was seriously getting boring, but hey, damage is damage. 

The blade tore into the lion's fur like a hot knife to butter, which was actually oddly satisfying. Oddly. A smile was brought on to her face as she watched its health drop into the red. Absolute frekin' score. At least she kinda of did something this time, right? Right? 

Cordelia let out a soft sigh and hopped back from the plant-feline thing and nodded over to Baldur. "Alright, you should be able to kill it now."

Oh yeah, this quest was totally in the bag. Oh well, it worked for her! She just got her ass carried but experience is experience, right? Yeah. . . right.

ID: 132979
BD: 8, Success

15x13=-195-100=95

[2] Baldur HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 96/124 | DMG 19 | ACC 6 | MIT 79 | EVA 3 | BH 50 | 19x15=285 | 22x15=330
[3] Cordelia HP HP: 640/640 | EN: 36/64 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY 
Ki'Raion HP 125/850 | DMG 175 | MIT 100 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | BD9-10 & MD 1-5 Tail Swipe | BD 9-10 MD 6-10 Venus Fly Trap | 1/2 Photosynthesize +150 DMG

Baldur watched as Cordelia went in for the kill, rather than playing it safe. It was the same call he would have made in her shoes. The boss could chunk her health, but it probably wouldn't be enough to kill her before she could kill it, even assuming he missed his next attack. While the damage that she dealt was not as substantial without the proccing effect of her weapon, she was doing impressively for someone who was still Tier 2. Baldur remembered how much of a boon the Muramasa had been when Teayre gave it to him at that level. With some training, she could be amazing.

"Nice cut!" Baldur called out to her with a smile, even as he focused his eyes on the cat creature. It's flower like mane suddenly charged up, and Baldur felt his stomach drop. It had a proccing attack as well.

The creature lashed out at Cordelia, but she was able to just barely dodge the attack, and as soon as she was clear, Baldur was on the creature, driving his sword deep into its core as if it had vital spots he could attack. She had left it with barely any health left, and Baldur felt more than saw the system respond to his attack with a critical hit.

As he pulled <<Warden's Fury>> free form the monster, it shattered into millions of rainbow colored polygons.

He whipped the blade about in a chiburi before sliding it comfortably into his saya.

"Well done! See? Nothing to worry about."

He wasn't sure if the words were for her or for himself. He would have to keep in mind in the future that these creatures could have proccing attacks.

"You probably could have taken it on your own."

Ki'Raion attacks Cordelia: ID# 132980 BD: 5 +3(Accuracy) -3(Evasion) = 5 (miss)
Baldur uses San Ge: ID#132981 BD: 9 (crit)
19 (Base) +1 (crit) = 20x15= 300 Raw - 100 MIT = 200 DMG dealt

[3] Baldur HP: 1270/1270 | EN: 82/124 | DMG 19 | ACC 6 | MIT 79 | EVA 3 | BH 50 | 19x15=285 | 22x15=330
2@[3] Cordelia HP HP: 640/640 | EN: 36/64 | 13 DMG | 5 MIT | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY 
Ki'Raion HP 0/850 | DMG 175 | MIT 100 | ACC 3 | EVA 2 | BD9-10 & MD 1-5 Tail Swipe | BD 9-10 MD 6-10 Venus Fly Trap | 1/2 Photosynthesize +150 DMG

@Cordelia

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head. "Maybe, but I'd probably run out of energy midway through the fight if I soloed it," she sighed, scratching the back of her head. "I'm not really that good at conserving my energy," she mumbled, deadpanning, remembering the countless times her energy bar had dropped to zero in numerous fights.

"I drained half of it. . . yeah, there's not way I would've soloed this without some backup," she chuckled nervously, looking at her energy from the corner of her eye.

Man, Bahr was rubbing off on her. When did she get so cautious of everything? She wasn't sure if that was good or not. Probably. . . good? Yeah. . . good. She hoped she didn't start to act like an old fart, though.

That man is definitely an old fart. 

"So. . . what are we going to do now?" She asked, scratching the side of her cheek with a frown. "We still have a bit of time left in the day."

"I've actually thought the same thing, I quested with someone who had the Finesse mod and I was surprised at how much energy they were saving versus me even though I was higher level than they were."

It had been a long time since he had seen Hirru. He was one of the front liners who had retired after the squabbles of the 24th floor boss planning meeting. The disagreements between them and Hestia had gotten to such a fever pitch that it had robbed the group of Frontline players who had fought so hard to train together of their motivation to push forward. After the 23rd floor boss fight motivation to coordinate and unify the front line had been an all-time high in spite of the issues with the infighting, but for some reason Hestia had seemed to become a Force counter to purpose.

"That's a great question. This fight was a little bit anti-climactic wasn't it? Do you need help with anything on this floor? I'm probably just going to head back to town and turn in the quest after this... maybe we can do a dungeon together sometime?"

Edited by Baldur

She nodded her head and chuckled. "Yeah, I plan on getting that mod but I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit it in my list, aha. . ."

"You could say that again," Cordelia mumbled. "I don't think I have anything planned for this floor. . . but that sounds like fun. I'm definitely down to do that whenever! It's always fun to be around another katana user!" She chirped, smiling broadly at him. "Plus, I'm sure you can give me some tips of the blade," she chuckled, scratching her neck. "I'm sure you've held a katana longer than I have. . . I've just had a rapier up until a few months ago. It's actually a real step up. Course, it's heavier but I do a butt ton more damage than I ever did with a rapier," she shuddered.

Using a rapier. . .

Those were some dark times for her indeed. 

Very dark times.

"That's what I've been struggling with. There are so many good mods, but ultimately I think I'll use the energy saving finesse on boss fights and loot quests more. It always amazes me how quickly even my energy drops. I lost a fight once simply because I couldn't squeeze out one more attack."

Baldur slowly took the lead as he and Cordelia worked their way back out of the runs in the direction they had come from.

"I'm also waiting on the right floor to buy a house. I'm missing out on a lot of perks because of it, but I don't have the kind of money to throw around just getting them wily nilly." He gave a smirk at the expression.

"But true. The first thing I did in this game once I found out what happened was get the katana skill. I had a reliable tank at the time, so when I started over at a higher level but with rank 1 sword arts, it wasn't a total nightmare."

He patted the swords at his side and tried not to think about Tyger.

"Rapier is still a solid choice, but if you're not gonna be a tank or going for some quirky build, going for a two hander is better."

"I think I might just get that skill that lets you have a couple of extra mods. . ." she mumbled, slowly nodding her head. "I had a lot of mods to get in mind, so maybe getting that skill would be a good idea," she chuckled, fiddling with her fingers. "I think I'm getting a little too over my head, though. After all, I'm only level thirty-two, I don't really have to worry about having mods at once just yet. . . yet," she echoed, shuddering. 

The time was going to come eventually, and when it does, she's not going to be ready for it.

"That sounds really exciting, buying a house and all of that," Cordelia replied, smiling to herself. "I was planning to move in with someone soon. . . but we haven't really discussed much about it yet," she murmured.

"Ah, yeah. The reason why I chose a katana was because I thought it look really cool when I saw my friend use it, which probably isn't the greatest way to choose your weapon. . . but I don't regret it at all," she sweat-dropped, dropping a nervous laugh along with it.

"Getting the extra mods skill seems to be a no brainer, but the problem is what do you sacrifice to pick it up? It's a big investment to grab when you could get something else like finesse or parry or battle healing. Which..."

Baldur held up a finger and turned to face her while walking backwards with a rueful smile on his face.

"I feel like picking up even just a rank or two of it cheaply is worth it, because even if its slow, a little healing before a long fight quickly adds up to you either being full health after a rare hit, or healing up slowly for a high amount over the course of a difficult fight. I only have rank 4, and use it less then I would finesse, but having even mutt 50 points of healing means that I'll recover from something eventually, where you never would without it."

Edited by Baldur

Cordelia hummed as she thought about it. "It does sound good. . . I might try it out, thanks," she mumbled, shooting him a small on her face as she nodded her head. She did suppose her was right. . . all of the skills and mods she had invested in so far were purely so that she could deal more damage or deal it more efficiently. Perhaps it was time for her to actually get something that would help her in battle, other than dealing damage. 

Cordelia paused before she opened her menu. "I'm going to shoot you a friend request, so that we can possibly meet up later, okay? I still want to go in a dungeon with you! I'm sure it'll be super exciting," she said excitedly, tapping the screen a few times before she sent a request to him.

"Anyway, I think it's about time I head out. I don't really want to stay up too late," she said softly, giving him a small bow of appreciation. "Thanks for helping me on the quest. I'm sure I would've been in a bad situation if you hadn't come, haha," she joked, giving him a small wave before she turned her heel and headed the other way.