[OP-F1] Town Exploration (Oikawa) [COMPLETE]

After running for what seemed like ages, Oikawa finally encountered a small inn. Entering the inn, he could't help but stare in awe at the beauty that was this game. Sitting down in a booth near the door, Oikawa brought up the menu once again. Checking the time he noted that he could play for about 30 minutes before need to get ready for work. Not wanting to bother anyone just yet, he decided to just sit for a bit and take it all in.

To his left a small conversation between two panicked players started. From what he could gather apparently there was an announcement that the option to leave the game had been removed. Not wanting to believe what he had just overheard, he brough up the menu and checked for himself. Sure enough the option to Logout was grayed out. "What the..? This can't be for real can it? Surely its a bug, right? Right?" questioned the newbie gamer. Deciding not to panic, he analyzed his best options available to him. "Well if I'm going to be stuck here I might aswell give it the best I've got 'til I'm outta here."

Without giving it a second thought, he rose from his seat and headed out the door. Not having a clue where to go he looked for someone who could direct him to the best spot for newbies to train. "Maybe someone will be kind enough to point me in the right direction. This town is HUGE!!"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London was walking through the streets, his head glanced downward and his hands in his pockets. He was obviously absent minded, wandering around in this almost trance like state of deep thought. He occasionally broke his trance and looked side to side to see what was going on. There were still people panicking and some of the higher leveled players going about their buisness as usual. He shook his head. It was horrid how more and more people are being caught in this death game. Why do people continue to join...It has to have been on the news. Only someone with a death wish after knowing what's happened would go out and buy this game to play it. He thought this to himself. It's revolting. All of this. It seemed so beautiful...obviously it was too good to be true, beauty is only skin deep after all...he continue to stroll forwards. Unaware of the player rushing towards him.

Still looking for help, Oikawa continued full steam ahead. "Well it can't be that hard to find some low level baddies to beat on right? He thought aloud. Now breaking into a near sprint, he didn't realize he was approaching an unsuspecting traveler. *SMACK* Colliding head on with the player , Oikawa fell over him, clutching his chest. Regaining his breath, he got up and dusted himself off. He spoke while gesturing to help the guy up. " Hey my name is Oikawa. Sorry about that. I didn't see ya there." Flashing the player a genuine smile. Well that's  gotta be awkward. I meet one person and I'm already knocking them into the ground. He thought to himself. 

London grunts in annoyance, tempted to slap Oikawa's hand away but begrudingly did take his hand and was raised to his feet. He rubbed his head for a moment in silence and finally decided to speak up. "I've noticed...and it's fine. things happens." He checked himself and his inventory to make sure everything is in it's place and that he still had all his col. Still a bit over catious with this game, of course he knew he couldn't and wouldn't have been pickpocketed but he needed to make sure. "Why we're you running?" he asked still rubbing a side of his head with a hand. He has every right too, of course, to run but at least look where you're going...he probably just didn't see me. Accidents happen... London thought all of these things to himself as he collected himself again.

Looking over the strange guy, he noted that they wear similar clothing. I wonder if all characters start out wearing the same thing..Snapping away from his thought train he answered the guy. "I was on my way out to seek some help. I don't know if you realized this yourself, but it seems we're trapped in-game. We can't Logout,  so I've decided I want to train up and help clear some of these floors. Can you point me to the nearest exit? I want to fight some low-level baddies." Wow I sound like the typical noob... Losing himself in thought again. "Oh! Excuse my rudeness. I haven't asked your name?" 

London after finally collecting his composure again extends his hand "I'm Sindon. Nice to meet you." London stated, of course he knew that that wasn't his actual name but after figuring out the game had shut him in a couple of days ago he tried to only let his real name come out until they were at least friends. "Unfourntantly so, their isn't a log out button. Their hasn't been for a while now. I'm surprised you hadn't seen the news...if you did I think you might have thought twice before buying this death game...Apologies, I'm being an asshole. I need to sort all of this out myself before I can return to myself I suppose." he rambled on a bit. What am I doing? he thought to himself. I'm saying to much to someone I literally just meet around 15 seconds ago. I need to stop being so open with people I don't know. "Head towards the plaza, straight fown from there you'll reach the gates and then be able to go into the fields where they are some boars and if you farther out some young wolves. I got nothing better to really do so if you want me show you myself I can." London offered. He was fine with helping new players. Happy to even, but he hasn't been a good job of trying to be the loner so far but at these low levels, being a loner was probably going to end in death.

" Haha, no worries man. You're definitely right. Had I watched the news, I probably would've strayed away from this death trap. I don't really watch the news, I probably should change that, never anything positive ever being said." OH MY AINCRAD... no wonder the game store owner sold me the game for half price, he exclaimed quitely to himself. *FACEPALM* Noting that the guy was just staring at him now, Oikawa composed himself and spoke. "Sindon was it? Cool name. It'd be great if you showed me the way. This city is intimidatingly massive and I'd rather not get lost shamefully on the first day." Running his fingers through his blonde bangs, he checked out the direction of the mentioned plaza. " So just through there right? Lead the way man."

London said "Yep. Follow." as he began walking he beconed with two fingers. "The town is rather large but this is the largest floor. It's like a medievl city...You'll get use to it." They continue to walk and turn a couple of corners, London is walking with his arms folded behind his back and in complete silence. He has an air about him. It's hard to describe but it's a mix between calming and uneasing, as conflicting as that is. His rapier seems to stay rather steady, not banging about which is nice. Suprisingly it makes little to no noise. That and his walking, its also silent. It's not so surprising that Oikawa ran into him and not someone, after taking all of that into consideration.

As Sindon lead the way, Oikawa followed his gesture in silence. Not having much to say, he decided he'd evaluate the guy. After taking various turns, Oikawa realized something. This guy gives off a weird vibe, not good... not bad... hmm I can't quite pinpoint it. He also walks so quietly, no wonder I didn't see or hear him. It's like he gives off no presence at all... Picking up the pace to keep up with him, he glanced at the weapon Sindon was carrying. A rapier!?! We have more in common than I thought. "Yo, is that a rapier you're carrying there? I have one of my own," he explained. Bringing up the menu, he opened up the inventory, and equipped his own rapier... Eluciador. In milliseconds, the black and gold weapon appeared on his hip; held up by a leather strap. "So how much longer 'til we reach our destination Cap?" Oikawa inquired.

London glanced at the rapier raising an eyebrow and then examined the man thinking to himself That must be a vanity apperance on the defualt rapier...he's obviously a new player. I'm suprised he got such an appearance on his rapier...
London spoke up, breaking his silence, even in the ambient sounds of the city it still is spoken and heard clearly. "Yes, it is a rapier. As for our destination...we're half way there." he steps out of an alleyway which leads into the center plaza, it stretches into a wide circle and appears to be quite grand as people converse and merchants barder and negotiate with the players. London heads off towards on of the pathways, which is a wide road that leads towards the city gates. "We'll be in the grasslands after we leave the gates." London said as he continued walking. Looking over his shoulder to make sure Oikawa is still following.

Noticing that the his rapier piqued Sindon's interest, "Yeah it has a pretty sweet default coloration. No added effects though" answering Sindon's silent question."Hmm, so we should be there in no time" he asked aloud. Following the other player into a larger plaza, he observed the amount of hussle and bussle that ran through it. Booming side businesses, restless merchants, and the occasional street performer. The amount of cheeriness and overall realism of life displayed here, is..surreal. Maybe this isn't going to be the worst thing I could have encountered in life.

"Indeed." London retained his grim face. He knew that beyond these walls only laid only boars and the occasion wolf. However he was still retained an uneasiness about it, even in the company of another. I still don't have battle healing...something that would make me more survivable and would allow me to solo...I need to make sure this guy is at least able to somewhat defend himself. I can't leave him out in the fields at level one...there is still the concern of player killers that are still somewhat on this floor...pathetic dogs...to even attempt to kill a lower level player that can't defend himself is disgusts me.I also need to see if this guy can even hold a sword correctly...let alone a rapier. I wonder why he decided to pick such a difficult weapon...you need to be too precise sometimes. I can't become a burden to anyone. I'll teach this man how to play the game and how to actually use a sword and then I'll leave him be. He thought about all of this and even more as he continued to walk in deep thought.

Upon approaching the gate to the Grasslands, Oikawa had become lost in thought. I wonder what combat will be like. Considering I've never used a rapier before. I mean I used to pretend fence with my brother, but we never took the time to learn to properly fence. Oh no!?! What if I look like and idiot trying to stab a boar or something, or worse what if I impale myself? Ridiculous. He brushed the thought from his mind. There's no way I'd be that clumsy. I'm better than that. If nothing else maybe this guy has experience with this weapon. Maybe he could help me hone some degree of skill. Breaking the silence Oikawa questioned his new companion. "So are you proficient with that weapon you're handling or did you choose it because it was different than what most people go for?"

"Choosing a weapon just to seem different is a rather stupid thing to do..."London began "But yes, I do have experience with the rapier. My cousin taught me a bit of recreational fencing, he was 2nd in the entirely of New york. We decided to have a sparing session after he showed me the fundamentals. It was close, but I won. I then later decided to go onto learning Renaissance fencing...I couldn't decided but before I go sucked into this death game I was practicing Italian Rapier. Unfortunately I doubt this game would have actual swordsmanship manuals in any vendor or monster drop so I have to continue my training on prior knowledge....Currently, In the skills at least, I'm a Journeyman in one handed rapier, which is the second rank. I think it might be a bit redundant to say one handed rapier. As far as I know of, this game doesn't allow dual wielding so the dual rapier style or rapier and dagger fencing styles wouldn't be allowed. Which is unfortunate.-" London stopped himself, he was going on a tangent. He simply said "Sorry...I went on somewhat on a tangent." With that he silenced himself. This wasn't him, he knew that, sure he was prone to rambling at times but he never acted this way before. He always was the kind to only show emotion when he wanted to. He needs to keep himself calm and collected. This game was getting to him a bit. He couldn't allow this to happen, if he did, he wouldn't be able to protect those he cared about. He thought about these things and continued walking.

"While I disagree with your notion that choosing a weapon for the sake of being different is "stupid" I do agree that my reasoning should've been better. While I have no experience with the weapon for the most part, I did wholeheartedly believe that the challenge to master it was more than enough to make me want to choose it. Your experience is certainly worthy of your weapon choice though." He seems really well versed in the usage of the rapier. I could definitely learn a thing or two from him. "Any chance while were out there, that you could teach me some basics?" Continuing to stroll behind Sindon, they finally seemed to arrive at their destination. So this is the Grasslands... hmm..aside from some trees, a stream to our left and an awkward small rock formation to our left...there's not to much out here. I see a few specks in the distance. Friendlies or foes? I wonder if PKers exist on this level? That would be bad news for any player. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

London looked back and forth "I shouldn't have question your reasoning. I say that because the rapier isn't the easiest weapon to learn. You don't hold it like a regular sword, you hold it somewhat sideways. I'll show you some of the fundamentals if you want. I'd say they'd help against another player with the techniques but I've seen some people who don't know one end from a knife to the other kill a boar or two by themselves so for general wild life there shouldn't be a problem. For later floors where I'm sure there will be monsters using swords, I'm sure the techniques will help. I will say this however." He turns around and takes a couple of steps and turns around, unsheathing his rapier and holding it on guard. "As a fencer or a duelist rather, you want to try to not get hit. At all. That's generally a granted but you get the point..."he stopped for a moment to realized what he just said. "...no pun intended." He examines Oikawa for a moment. He dropped his guard, his rapier pointed towards the ground and his off hand on his hip "If I'm going to teach you don't expect me to be entirely nice about all this so keep that in mind. I'm not a teacher but I can try...I don't want you to end up getting yourself killed in this game because you had no idea what you're doing. Show me your guard."

Reacting to Sindon's drawn weapon, Oikawa instinctively drew his and pointed it at Sindon in a sword-like fashion. As Sindon let his guard down, relaxing his stance, Oikawa chuckled at Sindon's unintended joke. Listening to his introduction on how to hold the rapier, Oikawa adjusted his grip accordingly. Finally satisfied with his grip, he responded."Again no worries, I'd rather you speak your mind than not talk at all. Silence is awkward. Hmm so this weapon and supposed fighting style is more effective in duels against players and monsters with swordsmanship... interesting..." A difficult weapon for sure, however; I am up for the challenge." Without much instruction, Oikawa attempted to make a guard stance similar to Sindon's. Planting his right foot a shoulder length apart from his left, he pointed his toes and rapier, grasped in his right hand, tip in the direction of Sindon. Slightly bringing his left hand up behind his head. "You may not see yourself as a teacher but you've already taught me quite a bit. How's that?" he questioned.  

London's eyes widen a bit "You sure you've never held a rapier before?" London questioned. "Your stance is still off but you got it relatively close." London approaches Oikawa. "Stay in your stance." London stands besides him and put himself on guard. He raises his sword, and holds his hand outwards behind him, not above his head but behind it and had his feet adjoined at the heels, in an L shape. "Now from where my feet are you want set them apart, either keep the heel your back foot in line with the heel of your front foot, pointed forward, or as close as you can." He separates his feet, keeping his heel in line with the front foot, they make an L shape. "Bend your knees slightly, you don't want to lock your legs, that could end badly for you." He continued his lesson. "You also want to keep your arm outstretched, not completely, you still want a bend in your elbow so you can give yourself an extra push if needed but you generally shouldn't need to. Also, never drop your guard until it is obvious it is over between you and your opponent. As long as you have that sword in your hand consider yourself on guard....as in ready to fight, not actually in guard. The rapier is a lethal weapon, in it's time it was criticized for being too lethal. Aiming to kill and murder rather than defeat and incapacitate. It's very difficult to master, but just as difficult to up against." He takes two steps forward, already rather quick and then lunges, his form is not perfect but it's is rather good, he didn't turn is foot inward or doing something a kin to a rookie mistake such as that. He then takes two passes backwards to stand besides Oikawa again. He drops his guard for a moment and across from him. He turns around and stands at ready. "Show me your lunge and retreat." London commanded, waiting and examining Oikawa, his glare seems cold and it pierces.

"I've never held an actual rapier before in my life. I had a nice pointy stick in my youth, but I do learn pretty quickly," he stated smirking a bit. Adjusting the heel of of his left foot so that it pointed opposite his chest, and lining up the heel of his right foot forced him to slightly bend his knees anyway. Bending his right arm a bit more while keeping his rapier pointed forwards, he finished off his adjustments by outstretching his left hand more-so behind his head rather than above it. Then in quick succession, he kicked his right foot forward while simultaneously pushing off his left foot and outstretching his rapier into the throat of his imaginary enemy. Quickly pressing off the toes of his left foot he backed away in graceful fashion. Executing a tempo of back foot, front foot, back foot front foot, until he returned a little further back from his starting point back into his guard position. Looking up at Sindon, he asked "Is that what you meant?" Making sure to keep his guard up, he waited to see his "teacher's" response. Gah, that whole routine felt natural. I either did that right or really really wrong haha. I'll know soon enough. Sindon doesn't seem like one to sugarcoat things...

He was silent for a second, examining him, his grip, his stance, his guard and his attack. He reran the images in his mind. He finally spoke up "Alright, try that once more, exactly the same." Oikawa repeated and London dashed forward and slapped his sword aside with his blade, attempting a parry but his observation was right and Oikawa's grip was way too tight and the sword flew out of his hand to his side. London lunged instinctively after his sword dropped and stopped pulled back a bit, stopping the point of his blade at Oikawa's throat. He let that sink in a moment before he lowered his sword slightly so it was more on level with Oikawa's heart. His whole movement was fluid and appeared graceful, although he still wasn't flawless and he made his share of mistakes they were still minor in footwork rather than fundamentals. "Your steps were fine but you bounced way to much, that and your grip was too tight, allowing me to disarm you. If this was a real fight that mistake would have proved to be your end." He stated as he dropped his guard and bent over picking up Oikawa's rapier and taking a few steps across from him again and tosses his rapier at him. "That and I saw as you tried to defend from my attack you were blocking horizontally, you're not a threat to me while your point is not facing me. That and mixed with your overly tight grip made it easy for one good sword slap to disarm you. If that would have been a great sword or a battle axe crashing down on you, your blade might have broke. A Duelist focuses on parries yes but he also dodges and then sees his opportunity and strikes. In the terms of a mmo; You're a dps. You're fast, you deal damage fast, and you are relatively squishy. You aren't made to tank hits. You are made to dodge and parry them. We are rapier users, our swords are designed for one on one duels. They were brought into battlefield warfare sometimes yes, but even still. You are to attack with grace, quickly, and when you see an opening. It's better to take a chip away health and get out unscathed rather than get one good hit in and then end up dead right afterwords." He lectured. "What is your aim for this weapon? Why did you chose it? What do you plan on doing with that I teach you here today? And finally, do you want to head into the front lines with a weapon like this? The last question I can already answer to a degree. This weapon as I said is very lethal, but it is a dueling weapon. You wouldn't generally want to bring one of these into a battlefield unless you had too. A spear would be better for that or a longsword." London continued, there was no kindness in his voice. It was cold and somewhat emotionless. Oikawa could see there was passion and perhaps, hidden although still there, some compassion in his icy glare.