[OP-F1] Town Exploration (Oikawa) [COMPLETE]

"Yeah, its something I've become interested in since I've started SAO," Oikawa said as he stared at Sindon's rapier on display. "I'd be happy to make you a rapier and armor too if ya want. Yeah I've noticed that the common starter weapons aren't that great at all. However as far as preference goes for weapons I think I prefer the ring hilt" Oikawa explained as he gestured towards the golden hilt of his own rapier.

"So you play contra bass? Interesting. I'll be honest Iv'e never really heard of that type off bass. I used to play the piano in my youth. I stopped playing forever ago. I would imagine I'm pretty bad at it now haha. Thanks for the kind words. I hope to be able to become a grand-master blacksmith one day" Smirking a bit himself, Oikawa couldn't help but laugh. "I think that's the closest I've seen you smile since I met you haha" Oikawa teased.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London chuckled slightly, keeping his smirk. "Yeah, sorry. I don't give off the most uplifting personality now do I?" a notification popped up in front of him, he scanned it. It read

Level up!

5 >> 6

He tapped the notification to close, he wasn't sure if he wanted Oikawa to know his actual level yet. He thought to himself I guess the exp was finally delivered...might have took a second to distribute after waiting so long to pick up the loot. Although he is still a low level it might deter him. To Oikawa, all he saw was the notification pop up and then London quickly tap it and then it disappear before he could read it. I have to keep shut off from people for a while. It's strange...I never used to care for anyone else's company but myself or actually about meeting new people. I had my friends or my own company and I was content. I prefer to think of myself as a Loner but I feel that won't be true for long. Unintentionally letting out a sigh that he meant to keep to himself.

Glancing over as Sindon, Oikawa smiled at his companions comment. Noticing that Sindon had hurriedly tapped a away a notification, he asked "New item or something? What its not like i would steal it or something" he said jokingly. Getting up, Oikawa remembered something. "Oh yeah, I just remembered I need to head back to the city. I heard there is a Santa like guy on the 4th floor giving out free rare items. I wanted to pick something up before he ran out. Care to join me? Plus it gives us a reason to go back and heal our wounds anyway."

"Unless you want to continue our quest to find a Dire Wolf?" he questioned. 

"I suppose we could head back, Floor 4 is a perpetual winter floor....I'm not one for the cold right now but sure I'll go." He said as he got up, collecting his rapier and putting it back into his sheath and back into it's leather holder. He beckoned his companion to follow. "If I recall correctly it was this way..." He began walking in the direction they came from in silence, he was cycling through his inventory and clicked on the orb to see what it was. It was a ring.

Item: Ring of the wolf.

Quality: Good.

Description: This ring shows the wearer as a member of the pack. This ring signifies the member as a fledgling wolf. It is a silver ring that is in the shape of a wolf head. Inscribed on the inner of the ring is engraved "the wolf that fears the fog goes hungry"

London hits equip and hits equip and the ring appears in his hand, he inspects for a moment and mutters, reading the inscription "The wolf that fears the fog goes hungry" he then puts it on his right ring finger.

"Yeah I'm not too fond of the cold myself, but free rare items? Can't pass that up" Oikawa trudged behind Sindon as they made there way to the Starting City. "I wonder what the Santa NPC is like? What if he isn't a NPC at all? It doesn't seem to be a scheduled game event. Is it player ran? Ehh cant worry to much about now I guess. They walked in silence a bit more. Glancing around, Oikawa took in the view. "Ah the city looks so beautiful at night man," gesturing to the upcoming city limits. 

London looked around, it was getting dark and he could see the city's lights from a distance. "Indeed it is..." London didn't feel so much like talking, after the incident with the wolf he felt almost a bit humiliated. Of course he knew he did just fine, even saved his friend from a bit of punishment. But still, he needs to do better than that. How could I have been so oblivious! he scolded himself. If that was a powerful monster, hell, even a dire wolf, you would have ended up being killed! That and you'd probably end up getting Oikawa killed too! And it'd all be your fault. London as you can see, was a bit hard on himself. He knew however that he would shine more in a pvp setting than a pve. He had enough restraint to stop his blade so he wasn't afraid of accidentally killing someone. London looked down at his rapier, it was trotting aside with him silently. London back up and enjoyed the scenery, looking to the right. He couldn't remember the last time he appreciated nature, always being in his room and all. However, that's a story for another time.

Observing his friend Oikawa could see something was eating at him. "What's bothering you? " Oikawa inquired. He seems more quiet than usual. Maybe its the whole wolf thing. he can't be that upset about being surprised, It happens to the best of us. On top that if I hadn't let him sneak off he wouldn't have been put in that situation. So in hindsight its both our faults. "Hey, there's no reason to keep whatever's nagging you, pent up inside. Let it out man. You know I'm here for you" trying to sound caring and thoughtful. He really just hoped his advice didn't fall on deaf ears.

London let out a sigh. "Thanks...but it's nothing, really. I'm fine." He tried his best to seem like nothing was bothering him but he's been doing that for a very long time and his mask is beginning to crack. I'm sure the store will have some more for him due time, maybe he could get one on sale. Wouldn't that be nice. I probably am appearing weak. This all grows very tiring, trying to masquerade myself all the time but it's something I have to do. At least for now. He broke his silence again "I  appreciate your concern though."

"Alright, I won't pry for now, but eventually you're going to open up. Whether its on your terms or someone else's, will be up to you.." using his wisest tone to try and get London to open up. Maybe I really shouldn't pry. He'll open up when he's ready. Its plausible he doesn't feel he can trust me with whatever is bothering him. The best I can do , is stick by him until he feels he can confide in me. Realizing he had trailed off, Oikawa picked the conversation back up. "That's what I'm here for mate"

Nearing the city gates, Oikawa picked up his pace so he could match Sindon's stride. "So whats the best way for us to get healed up? I've only ever slept to regain my HP. Is there anything else that can heal you besides the obvious use of potions?

London thought for a moment. "Using general mmo knowledge and mechanics, you could heal up from life steal on equipment. There's a skill called battle healing but that won't heal you out of combat...it's usual for combat so I'd advise you getting it sooner or later. Besides that towns will heal you or if you're out of combat for long enough your wounds will heal themselves in time." He explained. London seemed to be moving at a somewhat fast pace, unintentionally, but it looked like a leisurely stroll. He put his right hand into his pocket, his thumb hanging out, and looked forward. He closed his eyes looking up for a moment taking in a deep breath and then exhales as he reopens his eyes looking forward again. He liked the night, or just the dark in general, it put him at ease and gave him some comfort. He respected all the same because he know that any element could consume you if not treated with respect. This was his theory of course but again, that's a tale for another time.

Oikawa listened to Sindon's explanation. After Sindon was finished, he spoke. "So based off of what you're saying, I should heal upon entrance to the Starting City? That's good to know" Thinking for a moment, Oikawa realized that he never checked his HP bar when he reentered the city. This whole time I thought I had to nap or actually sleep to heal myself, when in actuality, all I had to do was enter the city.

*Facepalm* "Man I have some slow moments" commented the blond as they finally reached the gates. "This better revitalize me or I'm gonna give you a noogie when I finally heal up" said Oikawa as he prepared to step into the city limits.

London scoffed a bit, it was in a friendly tone. "Hmhp, I'd like to see you try." He drummed the pommel of rapier a bit. "And I meant you'd heal a lot faster than you would naturally outside city walls. A lot of people could exploit that trick if thats how it was." He finished. Standing a step or two behind Oikawa, still to his side of course. His arms were crossed, relaxed to show he wasn't doing to show a closed off demenor, although he gave off that feeling naturally.

Stepping over the invisible boundary, Oikawa felt a bit better. Though it could just be his mind trying to help him out.  He then turned and looked at Sindon just in time to catch his playful scoff. "You're on" he laughed. "As soon as I'm good to go, you got a noogie coming to ya". Sindon spoke a bit about hoe healing could be exploited if it was as easy as just walking into the city limits. "Well I guess you're right. It'd be too easy if that's all we had to." Ushering his friend to come on, he headed for a nice little Pub. "I bet if we ate we'd be healed in no time!"

"If it's like any other mmo, it'll either give us a buff or like you said, heal us so it's worth a try." London said, putting both hands in his pockets as he walked besides Oikawa, enjoying the night as usual. He looked up to see the digital moon suspended in the sky, It shown pale, almost just being a giant white orb rather than a astronomical object, what could London really expect? It was most likely just apart of a sky box and the game was programmed for day and night cycles. "I wonder...." he said aloud, unaware of it, thinking he was alone as usual and was just thinking aloud. This was a strange game indeed but London and Oikawa have yet to see anything.

"Even at night this place is amazing. All of it. The city, the sky, the game world in general. Just ...ahhh" he said as he exhaled a deep breath. Stopping and turning to face Sindon, Oikawa began to speak. "It's starting to get late." Not wanting to sound like a total buzzkill, because he was having a ton of fun, Oikawa continued. "I had a blast tonight man. We need to go questing soon and if not that at the least just hangout. We could meet up at my shop or something" Looking at Sindon to gauge his reaction, Oikawa waited to see what he thought of hanging out again soon. 

London gave his new friend a genuine smile and said "Yeah man, I'm completely fine with that." His smile faded slightly back down to a smirk as time passed but he threw down his arm and his menu followed, he sent Oikawa a friend request so they could met up if need be. "I'll stop by your shop, maybe you could make me a better rapier." He chuckled slightly at his small joke to himself, of course he knew Oikawa could make a rapier, a probably a damn good one at that, but it was more at the reference to earlier. "If you ever want to meet up again either just follow me using the tracker on the friend's menu or send me a message to where you want to me. I'll probably have nothing better to do, well besides training." He explained. He was honestly glad to have made a actual ally and even friend so early in his time here. He thought he'd be level 15 before people even began to notice that he even there.

While walking through the city of floor 1 , he could saw two guys ... They seemed familiar at first "Uh , probably just a weird feeling . Hope they won't mind if i ask them how they are or things like that" Kosan said to himself as he was walking closer to the 2 players . "Hey guys , how are you ?" he said with a warm smile on his face then he added " You might or might not know me , my name is Kosan .. What are you doing out at this hour ?" while trying to recognize them .. 

London looked over to the man who approached him. "Hello. I'm fine. Yourself?" afterwords he naturally extended his hand to offer Kosan to shake it. "I'm Sindon, nice to meet you." London said. Probably being bit too formal and polite for this occasion or for this man. "We just came back from killing some wolves." He raised his right hand to show the newcomer his wolf head ring. London was in a good mood from Oikawa's offer, he didn't seem to closed off to the new person but he still seemed to be tightly shut and his presence was slightly foreboding. "I could ask you the same question." He calmly said to answer the man's question.

OOC: By the way, this rp takes place BEFORE Kosan dressed up for the gift exchange and all that, Oikawa and myself were just about to end this rp so in that time they'd go to Floor 4 to meet the Santa and get the free items(Which I thank you for again, that was really generous)

Oikawa received a notification for a friend request. Clicking accept he responded to Sindon. "Awesome man! I'll gladly make you something" completely missing the joke in his enthusiasm. Readjusting his stance, Oikawa checked his map, to make sure the tracker worked properly. "Sweet it works. I think we should definitely quest together some time. I'll ask around about the Floor 1 Dungeon to see if we need to clear to reach the next floor. If so shall we aim for that next?"

Suddenly they were approached by a man in real dark clothing. As he stammered out a hello, he'd ask how the companions were doing. "I'm doing great. Yourself?" he asked as he reached  out a hand to give the newcomer a handshake. "I don't think we've met before, nonetheless, my name is Oikawa nice to meet you. To be honest we were just about to turn in for the night. What about yourself? he asked as he turned to face Kosan.

"I am fine , thanks for asking . I was passing by , searching for a shop , a decorative shop , but at this hour almost none are open, i have some things to do later on an different floor . Well , i was surprised to see someone out at this hour that's why i asked ... Sorry if i scared you guys.. " he said as he handshaked with the one named Oikawa . 

"You were at a wolf hunt ? That's nice to hear . If you have any place next time feel free to invite me as well !" he said as he opened his friend list and he added both . "Sorry if i disturbed you , but i have one more question .. What levels are you guys ?" he said as he was checking what else he needs .

(OOC - I know that this is happening before, i don't know why ,i have a feeling i met one of you before . Well , that's that.)