[F10-R7] Alchemic Contagion -PK Accessibe

Mari rose her dark, blue eyes to meet those timid brown eyes of a young male. No older than 16, perhaps 17. The Pker tilted her head to the side. Her cold gaze analyzing him. He didn't seem like he was strong enough to traverse the 10th floor. Sure, it was easy enough for low levels to utilize the teleportation pads; and her shop was just outside the safe zone of the town. There was little to no chance of being attacked by mobs if one were to travel that way.

"I see you have something particular in mind." Mari mused, noticing him approach the counter; ignoring everything else. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Uh h-hello I would like to buy um.., l-like you said, I one of your Recovery Crystal I." Rusty stammered when the pink-haired player spoke out towards him. Something was very off, but Rusty ignored it in hopes that he could get what he was looking for and go. What was off was that this girl was very intimidating. It could've been her stare, the fact that she had a yellow cursor or even the calm demeanor she gave as she examinded the way he walked in, or even the color of her eyes, but Rusty couldn't put his finger on it. This wasn't important, so he instead decided to tune out his thoughts and listen to the answer given as he stood quietly.

I was sprinting with maruchan out of this floors safe-zone. Suddenly I noticed a tent with a yellow glow. I figured I had nothing to loose so I entered the strange tent. As it turns out it's actually a player ran potion shop... A PKer fan potion shop. The girl behind the counter had pink hair. I looked around her shop at all the potions. However the misc. section caught my eye. Maruchan fell asleep ontop of my head but I don't really mind. I then walked over to the counter and spoke to the lady with pink hair.

"Uh excuse me miss-uh... Miss potions, il take a depressive, calming, happy, and a starry eyed allusion... How much for all that?" I asked with a big smile on my face my new friend Miss potions.

These potions actually seem pretty cool but one must always not forget the golden rule... Take em all at the same time pray you don't die and watch the fun begin. I leaned a little bit into the counter keeping my smile eagerly awaiting a response.

"Recovery Crystal I - that would be 400 Col." Mari pulled it out from under the counter and placed it on top of it; waiting for the young; timid boys payment. She leaned forward; almost in a predatory manner. "So, young one - anything else...?" She gave him a sly smile; "I got a few interesting potions - if you like."

Another player walked in; Mari grinned; as he showed particular interest in her potions. She stood, pressing a single finger to his lips. "No, no. It's Mari." She elongated the name, if she weren't notorious before; she most definitely was now. She wondered if this one would recognize the name. She pulled away as he listed off the items he wanted.  Quite a few of them. "Oh my someone is going to be a busy beaver...lets see...that would be 500 Col. I must warn you; both the Calming and Happy Honey can be addictive."

Calming Honey: 200 Col
Depressive Drought: 100
Happy Honey: 100 Col
Starry Eyed illusion: 100
---------------------------------
Total: 500 COl

Mari bought up the order; and placed the items on the counter; awaiting payment.

"Well ok M-Mary..." I said as the girl told me her name.

I picked up the potions and began juggling them showing off my performer proffesion.

"So that's 500? Right? Alright let me just open up the old menu here..." I muttered as I began juggling the 4 potions with one hand and working the menu with the other.

After conpleting the transaction I placed the potions one by one in my inventory.

"Well thanks! See ya later Miss Mari." I yelled out as I ran out of the tent.

-500 col

+ 1 Calming Honey: 200 Col

+ 1 Depressive Drought: 100 Col

+ 1 Happy Honey: 100 Col

+ 1 Starry Eyed illusion: 100 Col

Rusty put down the 400 col needed on the counter, and took the cold crystal into both of hand. The aura of ice blue surrounding the crystal fascinated him, and if weren't for what the shop owner said next, he would've kept looking at it, trying to figure out what gave the crystal its coolness and color. "interesting potions - if you like." Were the words that had snapped him out of his own little world. Looking at the girl, he quickly put the crystal in his inventory away. As soon as he looked, the sly smile made him think that the girl was only interested in money, as many people who sold their product had the same expression. His initial timidness washed away quickly as he began to realize this. "What do you mean by interesting?"  Rusty questioned, curious by what she meant.

-400 Col

+1 Recovery Crystal I

Sneakily entering Mari's shop Calrex immediately went over to the counter. It looked like she was busy with another customer at the time, so he decided to do what he did before and leave the rest of her materials in a bag on the counter with a message attached.

"Hey Mari, here is the rest of your materials as ordered. I apologize once again for the delay and hope they prove to be useful. If you're ever in need or more please feel free to contact me once again. I'll probably stop by again soon, as I have an question for you concerning those potions I was looking at previously. I'm looking to possibly commission something, but we can work out those details at a later time. Hope business is well!

Your Friendly Hunter/Gatherer Calrex."

With that he quickly turned and exited the shop.

Donated 15 Materials

Walking into the shop, Rook was happy to find such a fine alchemy shop that was accessible to orange players. Looking around he saw that the shop had exactly what he was looking for:  

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

Rook pulled up his menu to insure had the col to purchase a couple of them and then waited to be helped.

Mari shrugged toward Rusty as he questioned her. "Ys got eyes don't ya?" She paused, irresdesent green eyes turning to the entrance of her store as Calrex entered- dropping off her material order. She gave him a curt nod before turning back to Rusty.

"As I said: ya got eyes don't ya? Go have a look. If you want something not there I may be able to craft it for you. For a price of course."

Mari's eyes narrowed as Rook walked in. Immediately flashing to the Orange marker over his head. A Pker. "Yes?" She asked, her tone dripping with disdain.

"What do you need?"

Mari is her name.. Now I know what to call her when I leave. Rusty looked around to find a variety of conconments that varied from damage increasers to potions with the power to turn everything you taste into cheesecake. Two vials caught his eye. Truth Serum and Paralyse Water. Somehow, Mari made a drink that altered basically almost everything in the human brain. Looking back, Rusty noticed a somewhat yellow cursor over the girl's head. He hadn't noticed that before. Everything made sense now. The placement of the shop, the sly smile the girl gave him and the types of potions she made. This girl wasn't to be messed with and Rusty didn't want to stand in this place any longer. Even if there was a reason behind her orange cursor, he didn't want to stay any longer.

Stepping up to the counter, Rusty was ready to buy something else. "I would like to buy two vials of Truth Serum and one bottle of Paralyse Water. Thank you." Any sort of emotion or tone in his voice was now gone, and his eyes looked dead and empty as they locked with the pink-haired lady. This was the version of him where he didn't want to be talked to, the person who became empty once again as he realized what kind of world Aincrad was and how people coped with the danger of death. This shop owner had killed people, possibly with the help of her Alchemy. Rusty just wanted what he had picked out and leave. That was it.

"Oh my, guess I am out of Truth serum..." Mari muttered to herself. She had been lazy with her crafts; and it was about time she had gotten off her ass and did something about it. "and paralyse water. My my..." Mari said, an amused look on her features. "Isn't that an interesting combination."

She noticed his sudden aversion to her; the way his eyes glazed over and he was insistent on keeping his words quiet. "Finally noticed eh?" Mari asked, it was obvious what was bothering him. She was a PKer. "Don't blame ya. Here." She placed the requested items on the table.

"That'll be 400 Col."

Rook could easily tell that the shop owner seemed off put by his presence. Noticing that she was also an orange player, he wondered if it was his tag that seemed to upset her. "Hello, I was hoping to purchase two uncommon recovery crystals I noticed you had in stock."  Noticing the players much higher level and the obvious disdain she had for him, Rook hoped to conclude his business quickly and get on the road.

Mari stood; silently heading over to the locked cabinet; unlocking it and taking out two Recovery Crystal I - she headed back to her bench. Placing them on it before sitting back down. "That will be 850 Col. I threw on a 'I don't like you' tax." She muttered. She wasn't sure how he got the Pker mark, but he looked weak; and to be a low level - that, in her books was always a warning sign- he probably did something unnecessary to gain it. She wasn't going to question him, she just made note of his appearance. 

Dismayed for a moment over the price, Rook relaxed when he remembered the extra Col he had received from the treasure chest Calrex and him had found. At the time he had scoffed at the petty bit of treasure, but now it gave him just enough to afford the crystals. Still, Rook found it hard to justify giving a player money who showed such grievous disrespect to a person she didn't even know. I wonder if she treats all players like this? Rook wondered to himself. As much as he hated it however, Rook had no other options. If he was going to take on the quest he was planning to, he would need those crystals to survive and as the only player run alchemy shop he had come across that he was able to enter as an orange player his hand was forced. Bringing up his menu, Rook didn't attempt to argue with the player or ask her why she didn't like him. Instead he said in a polite a well mannered tone. "Although unfortunate, it won't be a problem" Transferring the Col to the player, he waited to receive the crystals.

-850 Col sent to Mari

"​Its not to get information, if that's what you're thinking. Simply put, I need the water if someone is too annoying.Rusty answered, without a beat. He didn't want to seem hypocritical to Mari, although it could still be taken as making up an excuse. Sighing, Rusty put down the 400 col needed for the purchase and picked up the items. Maybe he was just overreacting, but he didn't really think about it too much. He was going to care in few seconds when the shop owner spoke up.

"Finally noticed eh? Don't blame ya. Here."

Rusty sensed a tone of sadness to the girl's voice, as if the fact that she was a PKer and she had killed people was something she didn't want to be reminded of. Finally? This must be a common occurrence for her to say that. Maybe there's a good reason for it, or she feels guilty. "I don't know and I don't want to know, but hopefully you killed for a good reason. For your sake. Bye Mari." Rusty walked out of the store and headed towards the teleportation gate. He had somewhere to go.

-400 Col

+2 Truth Serum

+1 Paralyse Water

• 2 weeks later...

ID:14756  CD:7
34 Materials Remaining

Mari took the Col from the two patrons, and gave them a small wave goodbye as they both in turn, departed her store. She sighed as she looked at her dwindling stock. She had been very lazy with her crafts lately. Perhaps she should get in contact with Calrex and organize him to do another material run for her.

Mari cracked her fingers, then her neck, giving a heavy sigh. She had 35 Materials, and 6 crafting attempts for the day. Surely...surely she would be able to make something of use.

Since Mari was out of truth Serum she decided to whip up one of those. At least she would be able to have one in stock. She never expected to be able to sell out so quickly. Still, it was useful. It didn't take long for her deft hands to craft the potion; it seemed even with her lull in crafting the ability was still there. "Good, one down, 5 to go." She mused to herself, placing the vial to the side.

Name: Truth Serum

Effect:  The Player who drinks this is unable to lie for the duration of the thread
Description: This vile is filled with a clear liquid that has no taste or smell, however the small label on it states 'Truth Serum - sometimes, lies are kinder than the truth - use with caution' Do you dare use this? 

ID:14758  CD:8
34 Materials Remaining

Mari knew that the boss battle was delayed, she decided however; to continue forward - making a Recovery Crystal. Fully aware that Azide had plenty, she had to assume that they would primarially go out to members within his guild. She didn't want to have to rely on his healing items, instead deciding that she would use her own. Daeron after all, was also quite well prepared. It would seem the entire battle would go smoothly.

She made quick work of the craft, placing it to the side along with the truth serum. "2 down, 4 to go..." She muttered. 

Name: Recovery Crystal I

Effect: HP Recovery Crystal  Heals 5 HP instantly! This does not require a post action
Description:

This Crystal glows a soft blue and feels cool to the touch, when you use it you feel as though you just stepped out of a shower, aahhh refreshing!

War sat on floor one looking at his items. No healing items! War began to search for some really good Alchemical places where you could buy top notch crystals or potions. War found one and began to move to the teleportation device and said floor ten. He walked out and into the woman's shop. He seen a few others but then he seen the owner. She had pink hair, an orange cursor, and sometgibg scary about her. He looked around grabbed a potion. He brought it up to the woman. "Hello my name is War. Might I buy this Recovery Crystal I, please? His black hair moved from the breeze.

Mari raised a brow as a player with dark hair walked in, it was difficult to determine time on this floor; one would have to look at their clock. It was late, quite late. It was unusual for Mari to have visitors, let alone those who were so low levelled on floor 10; then again it seemed as though her store was one of the only active Alchemic stores.

More business for her.

Cold, blue eyes watched as the man shuffled around her store, before requesting a Recovery Crystal I. Mari glanced up at him. "400 Col." She said simply, holding out her hand awaiting payment, the other hand was placed on the crystal; as she refused to move it till he paid.

-1 Recovery Crystal I

War watched as the woman raised her eyebrow and got the crystal ready. War went into his inventory and got his four hundred col. He placed it into hef hand and smiled. He said, "Pleasure making business with you miss." Now he had less chance of dying thanks to this woman. Meaning she could actually save his life.

+1 Recovery Crystal I

-400 col