[PP-F9] The Final Camp <<Bandit Camp>> (Clarence)

Ssendom walked out of his Restaurant in Phoenix Town locking the door behind him then continuing on his way towards Vulcan Village, "You know, things have been rather quiet... I need something to maim already, I'm getting a bit stir crazy with the lack of hunting." He tells himself in an annoyed tone.

As he reaches Vulcan village an armored knight, which he can tell it's an NPC by being able to read it's name and HP bar unlike players where you need to have them in party to read it, runs up to him huffing and puffing, "Please sir, I need your assistance. I'm not strong enough to fight the many bandits that took the one good monster farming location left and I need them vanquished. My family will starve without the money I earn from killing these monsters. Please I beg of you there are too many and I am just one man." He pleads to Ssendom, who gives a disgusted face to the knight which couldn't be seen due to his helmet. After a moment a message appears before him;

<<Bandit Camp>>

Slay the bandits camping a monster location

Do you wish to take this quest?

O            X

He pressed the blue circle without hesitation, to which the knight hops up and shakes his hand vigorously then heads into town to await the return of the Adventurer. "Hmmm, I could kill some bandits. But these might play out of my favor. It could be useful to get some assistance that's not an armored up warrior like myself. Probably someone with silent feet and deft hands?" He asks himself, "I should just put out a notification for hunting some bandits, if no one comes I can just do it myself." He answers himself without waiting. He strolls into town and places on the notification board, 'Hunting for Bandits. Meet up with the The Dreadnought at the entrance of town and let him know you wish to hunt them.' After he finishes the notification he walks back over to the entrance and squats down, his helm set to invisible while still in town.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence decided to take a small stroll on the ninth floor. This floor was hot and just not the best place to be, but he decided that he would star tot change his surroundings more. This floor was the one boss fight he was happy to not be apart of, probably because he would have died from heat exhaustion right at the beginning of the battle. He heard that they fought a hydra, even though it is one of his favorite mythical creatures, fighting it would be such a drag. The Vulcan village you spawned in when you teleported to this floor was a fine place, Clarence thought anyways. Ash flowed through the air making it seem like it was snowing all the time. like winter in hell. {What to do, what to do. Today is a day i need to busy myself. Meeting Lowenthal yesterday. Right before that partying with Calrex. And now on the ninth floor. Hopefully I can meet up with someone else. } Clarence sighed lightly and climbed over a rising incline, the request board in the main town right ahead. {Someone has a quest to do. maybe I could help? } Clarence checked the character, never even hearing of Ssendom. "Why not." He said aloud as he walked over to the entrance, getting ready to meet this unknown fellow. Coming up on the entrance and exit of the town, he saw a armor cl-added figure, obviously waiting for someone. "Hello, are you Ssendom?" Clarence asked, hoping to find the right guy.

Ssendom turned his head to meet a rather frail looking man in comparison to him, he wasn't that much shorter than him really but between the two he was exactly the sort of hunting partner that he was looking for. He stood up not exactly towering over Clarence in height but because of his armor it seemed like so in Mass. "Yeah, I am Ssendom. And whom might I have the pleasure of meeting." He reaches out his hand to shake the other's. "You're exactly the sort of teammate I was looking for, It's hard to fight a group of bandits with a stealth strategy when you're lightest footsteps sound like the British are coming." He chuckled at his joke. "Have been hunting for a long time?" He asks him as he begins strolling to the quest location.

"My name is Clarence." Clarence smiled and shook the man's hand, him having a nice grip. { He seems alright. I'm a very trusting person and I do believe I can trust him. Especially how nice he is after just meeting him.} Clarence laughed along lightly at Ssendom's joke, not that funny just trying to be nice is all. With the question about hunting, Clarence turned to the man. "I don't like hunting at the most, but I have been for a while. Being level 30, kind of had too." Clarence shrugged a little, hoping the comment on his level didn't  make Ssendom think he was bragging or anything, "But, I have a pretty good idea you could take me down easily. Not really that observant of my stats as i should be, trying to change that myself. I still have my starter weapon, god I am so out of touch with my equipment. "Clarence shook his head with a light laugh. "Hope my rambling isn't too annoying."

He listened to Clarence ramble on for a little bit but he didn't really pay no heed to it, "It happens, not everyone focuses on their skills for combat. Which is absolutely fine we all seem to have to different things that come as importance to us. No one should feel ashamed of their level skill out put or anything of the sort. And I wouldn't put my bet that I'd be able to beat you, don't sell yourself short, it's all in the tactics." He begins to ramble on just as Clarence had done. But after listening to Clarence laugh he then actually realized the name of the man and stopped for a second and turned to look at him. "Wait you're Clarence? Friend of Zelrius the Commandant of Azure Brigade right?" He stood there staring till he heard what Clarence had to respond with to that, though the emotion he was expressing in his face wasn't one of aggression but of curiosity.

"Dang, you are one of the most honest and nicest people I think I have met in a long time." Clarence genuinely meant that as he started to walk, letting Ssendom follow. Clarence saw the man stop short and was kind of concerned, not something people just naturally do. "Wait you know who I am? First person ever really. And yes. I am friends with Zelrius, even though I haven't seen the man in forever, give him a hello from me the next time you see him? I hope he is doing alright." Clarence was now in a better mood. Knowing Zelrius was alright was a great thing, and a added bonus of people knowing who he was never hurt. "I'm hoping you have an idea of where we are going? I haven't been on this floor much and getting lost out here is not something I really am looking forward to.": Clarence laughed lightly, hoping he knows.

Ssendom cleared his throat, "Sorry about that, I am one of the newest recruits of Azure Brigade. Tis a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He opens his inventory and pulls up a copy of the order for the Dagger 'Infinite Expanse' after handing it to him. "Yeah, I know the actual route. And yes Zelrius has done very well for himself. I was the one who placed the order in for you Clarence-san." He explained to him while added the honorific to his name. "We wont get lost, we don't need to head down to the Lava Pits or past that to Cerberus's Chambers. We need to go to the Steam Geysers to the south where the bandits are camping. I needed someone more stealthy in order to obtain the attention of a single bandit at a time. I am too noisy to accomplish such a feat. Hope you don't mind be a bit of bait, but I won't let you falter Clarence-san." He finished explain in his rambling while letting Clarence get a chance to read the item order at Oikawa's Grand Foji.

"Oh so the Azure Brigade is starting back up. I heard rumors about it just didn't know it was for certain." Clarence smiled, the past really does repeat itself. He was pretty surprised when Ssendom brought out the order forum, but he knew this as a Zelrius calling card. "I was thinking you knew the route, just joking around don't worry. And this has Zelrius written all over it. But thank you for placing the order for me. You have no idea how much I need that." Clarence laughed and adjusted his new jacket, one made by Ariel so graciously made. { I need to thank Ariel some how. If my shop starts up more I know how I can. } Clarence smiled lightly. "Oh god the lava pits. I hate those so much... don't even get me started on the Cerberus's chambers. never been to the steam geysers. I'm bait? Don't really mind. I have been before." Clarence laughed a little bit at that. 

Ssendom tilted his head slightly to signify a bow but with little time to spare on the quest parameters so he didn't have the time to do a full appropriate bow and started headed towards the steam geysers. "Sorry I'm asking you to do it, I don't particularly enjoy the strategy. But it's better than my usual strategy and this was considered a higher level quest recommended at least two people or more. And I thought a more appropriate strategy to keep my ally alive was a better decision. But again, my apologies." He pops his knuckles and neck as a way to loosen up before the battle occurs. "Yeah, I love it down in the lava pits. Nothing like the heat of battle causing you to sweat gets the blood flowing. And I have yet to take down Cerberus, but I plan on doing it within the week. But that's a topic for a different time. What kind of fighting battle and tactics do you use in combat?" His upper body turns to look at Clarence to note that he's getting his attention even though his eyes cannot be seen looking at him, all the while keeping pace synced with Clarence at the same time.

Clarence noticed Ssendom's marching skills with walking and turning toward him at the same time { Marched before, but he is a natural.. that isn't important } "The strategy is fine. I can handle myself but with four bandits. I need more people, like yourself, to help out. Because you obviously know what you are doing." Clarence smiled at Ssendom. Clarence hears him talk about the heat of the battle. "Ehh, battle isn't my strong suit. But, I do like to fight from time to time. It keeps everything interesting." Clarence smiled and sighed slightly. With the topic changing to his battle strategies, he had to think about it for a bit." I guess I like stealthy, even though I don't always listen to that strategy. But stealth and taking one off one by one is pretty good." Clarence said, coming closer to the bandit camp. { I wonder how this battle will og. Of course I have never fought with him before. so it could go anyway. hopefully no one dies. But, it is SAO, you never know.

Ssendom crouches behind a rock as he was listening to Clarence. "Stealthy, I've seen a lot of them so far. Infact I've only seen a few upfront fighters. Two use Rapiers and a shield, the other with a two handed shield personally. All the others like to sneak around and get the advantageous angle." He mentions before directing Clarence where to stand. "Alright I need you to stand there, and when I throw this rock it should alarm in that bandit's aggro circle forcing him to see you after walking to it and it'll separate him from the other's aggro zones." Before Clarence could really say anything he chucked the rock in a high arc. As it hit the ground the bandit furthest to the south noticed it and walked over to it.

ID: 20281

BD: 1 (Miss)

MD: 2 (Miss)

After the bandit reached the rock it turned it's eyes towards Clarence and it's eye flicks red at him signifying that he had the aggro. As it was about to reach him, Ssendom charged into it interrupting it's attack. He chose to keep his weapon sheathed in it's scabbard. He keeps his arms around it till he could get it a decent distance away from Clarence and the possible aggro zones of the other bandits. "Alright, this a good place to fight him." He shoves the bandit as he exclaims that and withdraw's his blade, "Lets do this."

Ssendom: 45/45

Clarence 68/68

Bandit 1 35/35

Clarence was not expecting to be thrown into being bait so suddenly, well.. he did agree to it. Clarence saw the bandit aggro onto him, but he had no chance to attack it. Ssendom pushed the bandit to the ground, but it soon got right back up into its fighting position."A warning would have been nice." Clarence sighed and drew his dagger, twirling it in his hand. { Time to fight. Lets see how he stands up. Lets see how I even stand up } Clarence sighed got into the fighting mind-set. Knowing this could go either a really good way, or he might not be able to live through this battle.

ID:20292

BD:7 (4 Damage)

But today is a day where he might be able to see through it. He charged the bandit with a decision to make a good impression. Maybe form a friendship with this man. Clarence twirled his dagger mid run and slice through the bandit's side, it making a programmed yell in surprise as he did that. Clarence saw the red mark on it side and hopped back suddenly, hoping not to get cut form the bandit's blade. Red flakes form the wound fell down slowly as he looked over and Ssendom. "Your turn."

Ssendom: 45/45

Clarence 68/68

Bandit 1 31/35

ID: 20307

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Hit)

MD: 4 - 1 = 3 (Miss)

The bandit focuses his attention on the Clarence and tries to gain a quick step away from the armored man and take advantage of the seemingly weaker rogue like man. As he reached the rogue he began to try and jab his dagger into Clarences side Ssendom grabs the mans bicep of his striking arm and rips him into The Dusk Reaver which is being swung into him. Ssendom uses the momentum of the swing to bring the bandit over his head and slam him into the ground leaving a massive slash mark across the middle of the bandit, "Noone attacks those that are under my protection and gets away with it, Filthy Cur." He barks at the Bandit in a very protective tone. He blade held out as if to say that he would try and keep anything from harming Clarence, the intensity of his voice causes the bandit to tremble a bit as he stood back up getting his dagger ready to fight back.

Ssendom: 45/45 Hate: 1

Clarence 68/68 Hate: 1

Bandit 1 24/35

Clarence was about to be struck by a spear. He knew he couldn't get out of the bandit's grasp so he tried his best to maneuver himself around the oncoming weapon... but he didn't need to. The bandit was grabbed, stabbed, and then thrown away from the two. all by Ssendom. "Wow... thank you." Clarence was extremely surprised on how protective Ssendom was being. {I can definitely  trust this man.. hope he trusts me. } Clarence hopped that he did, but he had to a battle to fight, couldn't think of those things now. Clarence twirled his dagger in hand and lunged for it. 

ID:20333

BD: 8 (4 Damage)

Wow, he actually was getting better at combat.. surprising. Clarence attacked the trembling bandit, thanks to Ssendom. He lashed out with his dagger and push full force into the man, stabbing him like he tried doing to Clarence a few moments ago. { that is how you land a hit } Clarence thought to himself, his thoughts going toward the bandit. "Hey thanks again." Clarence smiled appreciatively to Ssendom, knowing he had a great party member

Clarence 68/68 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 20/35

ID: 20386

BD: 3 + 2 = 5 (miss)

MD: 8 - 1 = 7 (hit)

The bandit focused on Clarence who was now outside the protective range of Ssendom. The bandit lunged forward and jammed his blade into Clarence's shoulder, then jumped back bringing the dagger with him, narrowly dodging Ssendom's slam that happened right infront of Clarence. Had the man moved it woulda triggered Ssendom as a PKer, but he trusted that Clarence wouldn't budge after the attack. "Don't thank me just yet. You can when I get you back to town safe." He said in a disgruntled voice after the bandit struck him, "Sorry I let him hit you. Make sure after you attack you get within my reach so I can stop that from happening next time." He apologizes then asks of Clarence.

Clarence 67/68 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 20/35

Bandit: 4

"You have no reason to be sorry. It is my fault I got hit. I wasn't fast enough to dodge. We help each other, not you just protecting me. Don't worry." Clarence reassured Ssendom the best he could. { Hope he isn't feeling down in the dumps for not protecting me. But he is acting slightly like an over protective parent or older brother. But I don't mind much. } Clarence smiled at Ssendom then twirled his dagger in hand, preparing to attack again.

ID: 20395

BD: 5 (No Damage)

Clarence was sooo close to hitting the bandit, but yet... so far away. Clarence's strike should of went right into the bandit's body. But, when you take in account that for some reason the Bandit is locked on to Clarence. It is a lot harder to hit creatures. "I guess today just isn't my day." Clarence sighs. "It is all yours Ssendom."

Clarence 67/68 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 20/35

Bandit: 4

ID: 20419

BD: 2 + 2 = 4 (Miss... Damn)

MD: 9 (Crit)

Ssendom rushed forward after Clarence did and ripped his blade in an upward arc which the Bandit narrowly avoided but was moved back by the sheer wind force behind the attack. The bandit took out 2 throwing daggers and threw them into Clarence with incredible precision. Ssendom grunted, "This bandit is really starting to piss me off. It's not so much me protecting you, it's me protecting everyone I know." He explained which was felt like it was making more questions than answering. He charged at the Bandit again running into him with his blade turned side ways to pin him against a wall. "Take this opportunity!" He shouted as he brought his blade off and kicked the bandit into the wall cracking it.

Clarence 64/68 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 20/35

Bandit DMG 4

"Jesus Christ." Clarence breathed, now daggers in his shoulders. {So glad you can not feel pain in the game. That would have hurt like hell } Clarence cracked his neck and and ripped the daggers out of his shoulders, throwing them to the ground. Ssendom pinning him to the wall, knowing it wont hold. Clarence decided to go for a quick attack, throwing his dagger. "I wont hit him." Clarence mumbled, aiming his dagger. "Also, protecting people is a two way street. Sorry for not helping you!" Clarence called back to Ssendom, getting ready for his next attack. 

ID: 20425

BD: 2 (No Damage).

Clarence didn't really feel in the battle mood right now. Really REALLY not in the mood. Clarence went to go throw his dagger, hopping for better luck. The blade through in the air and stabbed into the wall... right next to the bandit's head. "Ugh, Ssendom, you are up next." Clarence sighed, rubbing his shoulders, ripping the dagger out of the wall and hoping back, the bandit now targeting Clarence.

Clarence 62/68 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 20/35

Bandit DMG 4

ID: 20432

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 (Hit)

MD: 3 (Miss)

The bandit shifted it's head but the dagger was completely off the mark, just as it grinned about dodging the dagger it took a greatsword into the stomach with a enough force that he broke through wall itself. He dropped his sword onto his shoulder then turns to look at Clarence, "You're right, protecting people is a two way street. And the way I see it, you're the eyes on the back of my head and I am yours. I'm leaving my trust in you over that." He gives a thumbs up to him then charges through the hole in the wall which sheltered a small drop, at the end of the fall he tumbled to prevent hurting himself. To which he saw the bandit just getting up from the pain of the drop.

Bandit 1 13/35

Bandit DMG 4

Clarence genuinely smiled at Ssendom. {He is a great party member. hopefully we can stay good friends. } Clarence saw Ssendom take the Bandit down a few pegs in health, Clarence was feeling a little bit more okay in his inability to not hit the dang person. " Sorry for not being a big help in the battle." Clarence sighed and walked over, ripping his dagger out of the wall. {  Maybe now I can stab him and it will make up for it, only time will tell I guess }

ID: 20436

BD: 2 ( No Damage).

Clarence's battle was not getting any better, same along with his fighting ability. Clarence charged the bandit but he really didn't expect the bandit's AI to be so great, considering he dodged with ease. Clarence quickly, acting out of instinct, pushed the bandit away from him. The  bandit hit the wall loudly and Clarence looked over at his party member. "Again, I wish I could actually help you in this, but its like I have two left.. hands."

Ssendom: 45/45 Hate: 2

Bandit 1 13/35

Bandit DMG 4