[PP Fl10] The Purrfect reunion, Pawsing the world

The floor expanded before them and yet within the vastness of the cave the air seemed almost stifling. Nothing moved, nothing lived.  A large river unfolds nearby, the stench of death permeating the air and a slow rolling rumble surrounds them.  Celes looked around the tenth floor and turned to friends "Alright, floor ten, lets start from the bottom up, shall we?"  she says with a wink to less. she immediately straightens up and realizes what she just did, blushing she focuses on Calrex "So uh, where to Cal? What do you want to fight?"

She says, her familair cuddling up to her, uncomfortable with the general environment. "This place is as close to hell as we get..." 

As the trio appeared on the tenth floor Calrex gave a calming breath as he looked around. It had certainly been some time since he last returned to the tenth floor, the last being when he assisted Tristan and Ebony in completing the <<Wail of the Banshee>> quest. Giving a nod he looked over at Celes right as his <<Night Vision>> triggered. Even beneath the stoic appearance of the Grand Chariot: Legacy it was clear his passive vision skill had triggered as his irises turned a lighter shade of blue, "Well, since we're here we might as well get headed towards Tartarus. That's where we'll like find some challenging enemies to take on."

Drawing the Grand Blade he gave a nod to both Celes and Lessa as a softly echoing exhale resonated through his armor, "In any case, I'm ready when you guys are."

The darkness enveloped the girl as she stepped from the transport. Her wide blue eyes immediately became mere slits as she squinted against the blackness. "When I said trying out new floors," she told them, "I didn't mean the one where I couldn't see anything." But her tone was good-natured enough, and though she secretly detested the tenth floor, she recognized that she needed to gain more experience on it. Few floors offered the same limited visibility, and she knew that it would make her a better swordswoman overall. That was the important part.

So while she chewed at her bottom lip anxiously, she did a decent job keeping the waver from her words. "I've never been to this floor."

Celes moved closer to lessa, taking a moment to hold her hand and quickly let it okay. "its okay, lessa. Cal and i, we got you, alright?" she said reassuringly "We've got this, and you can learn about each fo  the floors. I chose to start here because, well, this is my scariest floor, after what happened... we lost too many to get here, you know?" SHe turned to cal. "You have the best vision here, can you lead the way? (OOC wanna do the monsters here?) " Celes made a point to stay close to Lessa, directing kiku to walk on the other side of the woman, so she would feel safer. 

Calrex gave a nod as Celes suggested he take point as he gave a calming breath, "Sure thing, leave it to me."

Openin his eyes his irises, even though they were concealed by the Grand Chariot's helmet, took on a lighter shade as he activated both <<Night Vision>> and <<Reveal>> skills at the same time as he gave a nod, "I'll be sure to keep you guys from getting the mobs attention."

ID: 40209
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all monsters)

Raising his sword high the Ultramarine Knight activated his <<Howl>> skill as his sword and armor began to resonate with a light blue aura before the similar colored chains effect began to materialize and spin rapidly around his form. As it reached a climax point he brought his sword down, slamming it against the ground as the chains and energy dispersed in the form of a monstrous roar that seemed to emanate from his armor rather than his mouth.

Raising his sword he gave a smirk underneath as he looked back at his teammates, "Alright guys, go for it!"

OOC: I'll leave monster stats to you guys XD

Edited by Calrex

Celes watched as the mobs responded to his howl.  She prepared herself to attack "Lessa,  focus on stunning as many as you can,  Cal and I can keep then busy,  and the more they stand still the better off we do!"  celes looked at the undead creatures approaching and completely missed. "damn!"  She cursed.  Readying herself to attack again. 

Calrex ???? Hate:3

Celes 148/148

Lesa ???? 

Zombie juan 130/130

Zombie Bob  130/130

Zombie John 130/130

Zombie lawrence 130/130

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Spoiler

40293 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 6

Loot: 14

MOB: 8

Edited by Celesmeh

"Right," Lessa called back, hoping that her tone did not betray the nerves that still racked her. Stun? Did she even know how to do that? Her jaw worked furiously as her gaze raked the opponents that stood before her. True, their attention was on Calrex, due to his tanking abilities, so she should make it out unscathed. But that thought did nothing to comfort her, as her friend was still in danger. Furthermore, with Celes' miss, she really needed to land an attack.

She lunged toward the nearest zombie. From what she could tell, this particular undead being was in the most extreme state of decomposition. One stringy eyeball hung limply from a gaping socket, and discolored skin was merely draped over sharp cheekbones. Perhaps she was too distracted by the foe's appearance, or merely too unconfident in her own abilities. But when she lifted her crimson claymore over her head, her hands never warmed. Her sword art never activated. With a gasp of frustration, she peeled off once more.

Spoiler

{[40501] BD: 4. Attack misses.}

Calrex ???? Hate:3

Celes 148/148

Lessa HP: 89/89 | Energy: 19/21 | Hate: 0 +1 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan 130/130

Zombie Bob  130/130

Zombie John 130/130

Zombie lawrence 130/130

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Edited by Lessa

OOC: Sorry guys I can't believe I missed this one! Will complete my post after dinner! Q_Q

ID: 40573
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Miss Occurred (2 Energy Lost / 49 Remaining)

As he saw his teammates both miss on their attacks, giving a calming breath as he stepped forward, "Might as well give it a shot, since I've still got the highest aggro at the moment."

Rushing forward he aimed to attack, bu suddenly he felt his <<Night Vision>> temporarily fail, most likely due to his many nights without a decent amount of sleep as he saw his attacks fall short of their mark. Stepping back he gave a quick exhale before stepping back, letting Celes and Lessa take their turns attacking. As his skill returned his eyes lit up a lighter shade, allowing him to see the environment easily once again.

Calrex 209/209 Hate:3

Celes 148/148

Lessa HP: 89/89

Zombie juan 130/130

Zombie Bob  130/130

Zombie John 130/130

Zombie lawrence 130/130

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Edited by Calrex

Celes girtted her teeth, preparing for the Zombie attack. She watched as they turned and rushed towards Calrex...

Spoiler

Battle: 3+4=7

Craft: 6

Loot: 10

MOB: 5-4=1

They all missed! SHambling one after another they tried to hit him, but he moved too swiftly, dodging each blow. Celes Rushed forward, preparing a sword art. "This time we hit it!" she said rushing forward (energy 34-18=16) and hitting four of them with her AoE. 11x9= 99. She landed just behind them and smiled "finally!"  she said with a grin. She moved around to ready for the next attack. 

Calrex 209/209 Hate:3

Celes 148/148

Lessa HP: 89/89

Zombie juan 31/130

Zombie Bob  31/130

Zombie John 31/130

Zombie lawrence 31/130

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Edited by Celesmeh

A smile blossomed as she watched Celes land her incredibly powerful attack. She had worried when the zombies had mobbed Calrex, but the player had expertly evaded their attacks. "Whoa," the blonde had breathed, watching the far more experienced player leave the multiple foes in the dust. She had spent so much time with lower level players that she had lost sight of what was actually possible. Witnessing what Calrex and Celes were capable of really impressed her.

Now it was her turn. But as before, when the Guardian lifted her heavy sword, and willed her sword art to activate, she was left disappointed. After muttering a string of soft cuss words, Lessa called out, "sorry guys."

Spoiler

{[40672] BD: 3. Attack misses.}

Calrex 209/209 Hate: 3

Celes 148/148

Lessa HP: 89/89  | Energy: 18/21 (+1) | Hate: 0 +2 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan 31/130

Zombie Bob  31/130

Zombie John 31/130

Zombie lawrence 31/130

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Edited by Lessa

ID: 40674
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Loot Dice: 14 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 17 (Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 36 Remaining)

As Celes dealt a powerful blow with her area of effect attack Calrex gave a nod as he saw Lessa follow, her attack falling short of the mark, "Don't worry about it. We've got you covered"

With a smirk he leapt skywards, angling his body so that he was parallel with the ground. Beginning his descent back towards the ground the Grand Blade lit up with the crackling light blue energy of his <<Lightning Fall>> skill as he hit the ground. Piercing the blade into the ground the four lightning bolts shot outwards, striking the four injured zombies, eliminating them as the Ultramarine Knight gave a calming breath, "Alright, only one more to go!"

Loot List:
4 Materials

Calrex 209/209 Hate: 4

Celes 148/148

Zombie juan -39/130 (10 DMG * 7 Art = 70 DMG)

Zombie Bob  -39/130 (AOE)

Zombie John -39/130 (AOE)

Zombie lawrence -39/130 (AOE)

Zombie Carlos  130/130

Edited by Calrex

Celes focus on Zombie Carlos.  She let herself fall into her sword art,  trusting her blade to guide the way...  Rolling (40972, bd 5+3=8, hit).  Her imperial southern cross hit true,  passing through the beast and stunning him.  (damage 11×5×2=110) 

Celes 148/148 hate 2

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  20/130

Edited by Celesmeh

Don't worry about it, he had said to her. Don't worry? The young woman grit her teeth. "I am worrying though," she replied, recognizing how petty she sounded, but whining anyway. She no longer attempted to hide the frustration that pulsed through her; it was plain on her face. "I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong."

There was one enemy left. Just one, and Celes had left it stunned. Yet as Lessa trotted toward it, lifting her sword, the warmth never came. The crimson light never slice through the air. Her sword art never activated. "Guys," she cried out, feeling her mingling emotions pressing against the back of her eyes, a salty tidal wave that threatened to spill over with the next miss.

Spoiler

{[41131] BD: 1. Attack misses. Again.}

Celes 148/148 hate 2

Lessa 89/89  | Energy: 17/21 (+1) | Hate: 0 +3 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  20/130 STUNNED

Edited by Lessa

ID: 41135
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies / 1 Energy Recovered / 37 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he saw Celes successfully deal a powerful blow to the last remaining zombie, but then a look of concern came over his hidden face for a second as he noticed Lessa's emotional state about the battle. Giving a small sigh to himself he raised the Grand Blade high, the light blue aura radiating from his armor and sword before he slammed it into the ground. Another monstrous roar exploded from the bluenette before he gave a calming breath, stepping back so that he was side-by-side with his blonde teammate.

"Go ahead and take a deep breath. The Sword Art system is strange in that you temporarily lose control of your body as the assisted system takes over, controlling your movements for the attack. It might be because you're still getting used to it. Go ahead and take another shot if you so wish."

Even though his face was covered by the emotionless expression of the Grand Chariot: Legacy he gave a friendly encouraging smile unknowingly before looking forward, "I've got the highest aggro now, so Celes and Lessa shouldn't come under attack. Plus with my max mitigation whatever that thing can throw I'll be able to handle."

Calrex 209/209 Hate: 7

Celes 148/148 hate 2

Lessa 89/89  | Energy: 17/21 (+1) | Hate: 0 +3 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  20/130 STUNNED

Edited by Calrex

Celes rushed to deliver the final blow to the creatures. (41209 bd5) She knew she was out of energy, but still she could give one good hit. Aiming at Carlos she pushed forward slamming her Glaive into him and cutting a chunk off his digital body. "Guys we're so close! Lets get this done, right!?!!? "  she said turning back to the creature. She flashed a reassuring smile to Lessa "We're almost done, Lessa, Calrex. I  Still got you!" 

Celes 148/148 hate 3

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  9/130 

Her gauntleted hands trembled as she lifted her sword, staring at it, wide eyed. Hell Rose, her trusty companion. The blade had saved her bacon on countless occasions. Yet she was finding it nearly impossible to unlock the weapon's secrets. She gulped back a soft sob, refusing to show the emotion that threatened to overwhelm her. Celes and Calrex were there to protect her, and they believed in her abilities. She would not disappoint them by melting into a bubbling idiot. 

There was one enemy left, yet her sword would do nothing for her. She could not ask any harder, nor could she force the blade to cooperate. For now, Lessa was as lifeless as the cold blade that she held before her.

Spoiler

{[41397] BD: 2. Attack misses.}

Celes 148/148 hate 3

Lessa 89/89  | Energy: 16/21 (+1) | Hate: 0 +4 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  9/130 

Edited by Lessa

ID: 41420
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9 (Riposte Success)
<<Parry>> Activated (1 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 37 Remaining)

Calrex gave a nod as he watched his blonde teammate's resolve seem to falter in the face of the enemy, giving a calming breath to himself as he stepped forward, "Lessa, take as much time as you need to trigger the Sword Art. It'd be best if we take this weakened monster as an opportunity to practice and get everyone familiarized with the new system. This thing is the only monster left, and I've got the highest aggro, so I'm willing to tank as much damage as needed until you get one activated."

"I'd rather avoid crushing Lessa's spirits by finishing the creature off for her. From what I know of her she seems to be the type that needs to prove to herself, just like what I've done many times before. Hopefully I'm making the right decision here."

His arms lit alight with the light blue glow of his <<Parry>> skill as he prepared for any potential hits the creature might be able to get off.

Calrex 209/209 Hate: 8

Celes 148/148 hate 3

Lessa 89/89  | Energy: 16/21 (+1) | Hate: 0 +4 DMG on next successful hit (heavy momentum)

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  9/130 

Edited by Calrex

Celes  stared at the creature and then back at lessa "Lessa,  he's yours to finish! We'll support you!"  She said staying beside Caltex and readying her glaive.  She kept it trained on the creature while she waited for lessa to deliver the final blow. 

Celes 148/148 hate 3

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos  9/130 

Her companions were kind to offer their support, but Lessa had already withdrawn too far into her own frustrations to really register them. Her blue eyes were narrowed in anger, though they stung with the unspilled tears of frustration and embarrassment. After working with low-level players for so long, it had been a very long time since the girl had felt so utterly useless. She was not familiar with the sensation of being the weakest player in the room. Later, she would appreciate the emotion, as it would push her to be better, and make her own training more rigorous. She would reflect on the fight for a long time. But in the heat of the battle, it was the anger that won out.

Giving up on sword arts all together, the girl launched herself toward the remaining foe with an animalistic cry. Even without the game's aid, she succeeded in landing a crippling blow. Her entire body trembled as the pixels rained down around her.

Spoiler

{[42122] BD: 8 - 1 (darkness) = 7. Attack successful. Lessa deals 12 damage (8 + 4).}

Celes 148/148 hate 3

Lessa 89/89  | Energy: 17/21 (+1) | Hate: 1

Zombie juan ded

Zombie Bob  ded

Zombie John ded

Zombie lawrence ded

Zombie Carlos ded 

Edited by Lessa

With the battle completed, Calrex gave a small sigh of relief as he resheathed the Grand Blade. Flicking it into a reverse grip he slid the sword back into its scabbard as he rested his arms at his sides, "Alright, another group down."

"It didn't look like Lessa used a Sword Art that time. Nonetheless it seemed her attack was more than effective enough to take it out. I guess in some cases muscle memory works better than the assisted system."

Gently resting his hands on his scabbard he looked over at Celes, "Alright then, where to next?"