PP - F13 Nightfall Knights (Oikawa) (Defender Part 2) (Completed)

Nightfall came to the thirteenth floor once again as Calrex materialized back in the settlement, giving a small sigh as his avatar completed the sequence. Not long after his familiar blue peregrine falcon, Roc, appeared and soared overhead. As he had expected, while it may have been still daytime on the first floor, but here it was closer to night. The ambient growls that populated the floor seemed to have become drowned out or ignored as he looked back to make sure teammate, the newly returned Oikawa - The Faint, had appeared as well before giving a nod, heading out towards the Amethyst Boutique.

"Teayre's shop's new location is just on the outside of the safe zone. The horde shouldn't have reached there yet. They haven't been able to break down the doors so far, but not once have I seen an Immortal Object error appear, which concerns me. They'll usually come at us in a large group split into four clusters that we can engag..."

Stumbling for a second the Ultramarine Knight felt his exhaustion take over once again. The many restless nights of defending his wife's establishment was still wearing on him. At this point his body was moving merely on sheer willpower. Quickly catching his breath he shook his head as he looked back and gave a reassuring nod, "If we can take out those four by morning normally no others will spawn. I have yet been able to do so, so hopefully with you here we can make quick work of them and see what comes next."

Ripping the Grand Blade from its sheath his irises turned three shades lighter as his <<Reveal>> skill activated, the landscape turning transparent as he saw the creatures forming just behind a nearby hill littered with graves, "Looks like it's just about time. Hope you're ready for an entire night of battle man."

Spoiler

Conditional Effects for Thread:
Extreme Exhaustion: Calrex's multiple sleepless nights may not affect his stats, but they do hinder his ability to fight. For ever roll that he takes he must use the CD. On a roll of 1-4 his exhaustion overtakes his willpower, preventing him from taking an action for the turn. On rolls of 5-8 he is able to act, but his attacks are weaker, only doing half their damage. On rolls of 9-12 nothing happens.

Edited by Calrex

Like a dose of deja vu, the blonde walked into near infinite darkness as he stepped from the teleportation gate. The one word he would use to describe the area would be...dead. The place seemed absolutely dead. Unfortunately, his description was spot on considering the settlement seemed to be an enlarged graveyard with habitable buildings and such for the locals. The ominous brown fog cluttered the air as one traversed through the cemetery-like landscape. Giving off a nauseating vibe as they moved about.

Returning a reassuring nod to the bluenette, Oikawa followed him through the darkness as he explained his current situation. Clearing his throat, the blonde matched pace as he spoke with Cal. "Sounds awful man. Tonight we'll push them so far back, Kayaba will have to hot fix the spawn points. I figure-" he halted mid sentence as Cal began to stumble. Immediately tossing the ultramarine knight's arm over his shoulder, he helped support him as he regained his breath. 

"Don't push yourself too hard tonight. I'm here to help and that's what I intend to do. If they're just up ahead, they better be ready," Oikawa explained as he drew his Faint Edge and prepared for combat.

As he felt his friend's support lift him back up Calrex gave a nod, "Yeah, don't worry. I've been at this for a while. I can hold them off, but even with my high energy levels I can't deal enough damage at times to actually fully eliminate them before morning came. Hopefully with your help we can eliminate them this time."

Giving a nod he released the grip as he stood on his two feet, giving a calming breath as he centered himself, his grip on the Grand Blade tightening. Swiping on his menu he equipped the Grand Chariot: Legacy as he felt himself become fully enveloped in the armor he had commissioned based off of Oikawa's original design. He gave another quick glance before rushing forward, engaging the horde as they came over the hill.

ID: 40169
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage)
Craft Dice: 8 (Weakened Attacks)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 40 Remaining)

As Calrex activated his <<Meteor Break>> skill he felt his strength lessen as he gritted his teeth, forcing himself forward as the Grand Blade lit up with the shining golden glow. Targeting the first section of the horde he unleashed his attack as he mowed through the creatures, only managing to whittle each down a fraction of their health before his final attack came out in the form of a 360 slash,

Concluding his attack he felt his legs give for a second as he planted his sword into the ground to keep himself upright, "Alright, go for it Oikawa!"

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 40/51 (-11)
Oikawa: 131/131
   Energy: 32/32

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: 81/102 (10+3 DMG * 11 Art / 2 Exhaustion - 51 MIT = 21 DMG)
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 102/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 102/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 4: 102/102

Edited by Calrex

"Eliminate them indeed. Now sit back and allow me to help you." Springing to action, the blonde surged forth. Activating his own <Charge>, Oikawa brought his blade low and further back. The motion caused the blade to began to glow, signifying that his sword art had activated. Delta Attack is one I haven't tried before, but it looks interesting. Let's see how well it works. Planting his left foot, the boy kicked off and attacked the Nightspawn just behind the one Calrex had just attacked. His rapier piercing the rotting flesh that placated the mobs before them. Three quick jabs rattled the corpse, forming a triangle of sorts as he backed off and nodded to Calrex to continue the fight. "Your move Cal."

Roll: 40203 BD: 6

Delta Attack: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon + 2 Charge) x (3 x 3)

12 x 9 = 108 - 51 (Enemy MIT) = 57

HP List
   Energy: 23/32 (-9)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: 81/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 45/102 (-57)

Edited by Oikawa - The Faint

ID: 40208
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12
Craft Dice: 1 (Can't Attack)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +4) = -2
No Action Taken (+1 Energy Recovered / 41 Remaining)

As he watched his teammate rush in to attack the second part of the horde Calrex gave a smirk and a nod as he rushed forward, aiming to attack. However right as he took his first elongated step suddenly he felt all of his strength leave him as he suddenly dropped to a knee, using the Grand Blade as the only thing that could keep himself upright as his breathing became heavy, "Shoot...really now is not the time to be losing strength. Oikawa and I need to drive these things off!"

Tightly gripping his sword he gritted his teeth as he pushed with all his might, getting himself back to his feet. Looking over at the rest of the horde he gave a few calming breaths to steady himself before pointing his sword at them, "Sorry about that man. I'm good. Let's keep wailing on these guys..."

HP List
   Energy: 41/51 (+1)
   Energy: 23/32 (-9)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 45/102

Edited by Calrex

"Don't over exert yourself Cal, we just have to stay consistent. Let's conserve as much energy as possible. Especially given my small reservoir and your exhaustion. Lets just be consistent and tactical haha." The blonde gave his comrade a reassuring glance before shifting his gaze to the horde before them. Might as well keep wailing on the one I've damaged, it'll drop soon enough. 

Focusing, the blonde crouched low once more and sped off into the crowd. Side-stepping the first mob, a small spin move landed him in striking range of the next one. Cocking his rapier back, a faint glow illuminated his blade as he activated his <<Penetrate>> sword art. Striking the center mass of the mob with rapid succession, the Nightspawn went careening into the field behind the rest.

"Almost done with one. Lets keep the ball rolling!"

Roll: 40295 BD: 6

Penetrate: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon) x (4 x 2)

10 x 8 = 80 - 51 (Enemy MIT) = 29

HP List
   Energy: 16/32 (+1/-8)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 16/102 (-29)

ID: 40305
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Craft Dice: 9 (No Effect)
Mob Dice: 5 (Evasion +4) = 1

Calrex gave a nod as he gave another calming breath, "While Oikawa's fighting off only one factor right now, I've got two I'm combating against: Exhaustion and my energy reserves. I can hit hard, but it doesn't do us any good if my strength is too weak that it can't get through the horde's defenses."

The Grand Blade lit alight once again with the shining golden glow of <<Meteor Break>> as he gripped his sword with both hands, "If all my strength right now is considered my normal level, then I'll need to put all of my power behind every strike..."

With another calming breath he dropped his body low as a flurry of blows passed overhead. Immediately after the coast was clear he flew forward, unleashed each attack as he knocked numerous corrupted humans out of the way with his blows, finishing with the 360 slash once again. This time his attacks cut deeper, back to full power as he completed the attack.

As he slid to a stop he planted the Grand Blade into the ground to maintain his stance, giving a couple of heavy breaths before facing them once again, "We're almost done with these two. let's finish them off!"

HP List
   Energy: 30/51 (-11+1)
   Energy: 16/32

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: 22/102 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 51 MIT = 59 DMG)
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 16/102

Edited by Calrex

Physically and mentally, Oikawa knew the bluenette was pushing his limits. However,, the man was resilient and his following attack was a testament to that fact. He almost seemed back to normal as he rattle a portion of the horde with his vicious attack. Despite faltering and clinging to his blade, the Ultramarine Knight was no doubt a force to be reckoned with.

Snapping back into focus, he dipped low before aiming for his horde of baddies. The familiar feeling of <<Shooting Star>> coursed through him as he arced through the Nightspawns. Like pins, they dropped as Oikawa struck. As the dust settled and the pixels evaporated, Oikawa grinned at Cal, "One group down, three to go."

Roll: 40353 BD: 7

Shooting Star: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon) x (1 x 7)

10 x 7 = 70 - 51 (Enemy MIT) = 19

HP List
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material. Total 1]
   Energy: 10/32 (+1/-7)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: 22/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 2: 0/102

ID: 40362
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Craft Dice: 3 (Can't Attack)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +4) = 0
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 31 Remaining)

"Heh, well I'll tell you this..."

Right as Calrex was about to finish his sentence suddenly he felt his strength leave him again, yet another exhaustion attack that prevented him from attacking, cutting out his breath. He took a few deep breaths, both hands on the Grand Blade as he kept himself upright. The rain blows targeting him missed once again as he rocked his body right and left. Even with the minimal movement it was more than enough to dodge the attacks.

"...we're doing a lot better than I have been the past few nights. Let's...keep this up!"

Pushing back to his feet he stumbled a few steps backward as he avoided a few more incoming strikes before planting his back foot into the ground, training his sword on the remaining groups of the horde, "Go ahead and keep up the pressure Oikawa! I'll be ready to go in just a sec!"

"Tch...is what I wish I can say with confidence. Staving off this exhaustion is another battle in itself. I need to conserve my energy and when I'm able to put everything behind my attacks I'll activate my Sword Arts."

HP List
   Energy: 31/51 (+1)
   Energy: 10/32 (+1/-7)

Enemies:

Edited by Calrex

The series of exhaustion attacks seemed to plague the bluenette more times than not as Cal continuously kneeled over to catch himself.  At this rate he wont last much longer before passing out from sheer exhaustion. I need to wrap this up quickly, however, I haven't any energy reserves. I've already used a two-thirds of it. I'd hate to take away loot but that matters not when his health and the safety of there shop is on the line. But first to regain some energy. 

Sitting back, the blonde fought the urge to unleash yet another sword art into the masses. Steeling himself, he kept an eye on Cal to make sure he didn't completely keel over without warning.  The things you do for love eh? I remember I had that once...

Roll: 40487 BD: 2

HP List
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material. Total 1]
   Energy: 11/32 (+1)

Enemies:

ID: 40507
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Craft Dice: 12 (No Effect)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +3) = -1
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4
Sword Art <<Lightning Fall>> Activated (14 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 27 Remaining)

Calrex looked over, seeing that Oikawa was also having trouble due to his low energy reserves. Giving a calming breath he centered himself, "Dammit...I've got to move..."

His eyes seemed to dim, much like what happened a few nights ago, as a sinister, eerie blue light seemed to begin to twinkle in his irises. However, that moment quickly passed as the Ultramarine Knight mustered all of his willpower to force his body to move, his eye color returning to its normal hue as he leapt upwards, "Oikawa's still recovering, but I can at least speed up this battle if I can damage them all at once."

The Grand Blade lit up with crackling light blue energy, as if he were channeling lightning as his <<Lightning Fall>> Sword Art activated. Descending he pierced the ground with his sword as the electrical charges shot up, skipping over the rotted grass and graves before striking each of the three remaining parts of the horde. The first one, which he had previously attack, was completely annihilated as it burst into crystals.

Extracting his sword from the ground he took a step back in a stumble before giving a nod to Oikawa, "Alright, only two to go."

HP List
Calrex: 209/209 [Gained 1 Material. Total: 1]
   Energy: 27/51 (-14+1)
Oikawa: 131/131 [Total 1]
   Energy: 11/32 (+1)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: -11/102 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 51 MIT = 33 DMG)
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 69/102 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 51 MIT = 33 DMG)
Nightspawn Human Horde 4: 69/102 (10+2 DMG * 7 Art - 51 MIT = 33 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

As he watched Calrex force his body to cooperate, he pulled an item from his inventory and began to consume it. The Wonderbread offered him a increase in damage at the cost of his already non-existent evasion stat. Glancing up once more, he caught the beginning of a spectacle. The sheer power shifting from the AoE attack was a sight to behold. The lightning streaked across the field and shot up and through the masses. The sounds of crackling sparks sounded all around as Calrex single-handedly destroyed the horde he was attacking as well as nearly halving the Health of the remaining hordes. 

Bewildered, the blonde finished his bread and stood up as Cal began to falter. "Sugoi. Calrex your strength... is simply...outrageous."

Roll: 40584 BD: 6

HP List
   Energy: 30/51
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material. Total 1] [+1 DMG/-1 EVA]
   Energy: 12/32 (+1)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 1: 0/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 69/102
Nightspawn Human Horde 4: 69/102

ID: 40587
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +4) = 4
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 17 Remaining)

Hearing Oikawa's praise on his attack Calrex could only laugh, "If you think that art is impressive you should see the ones that Teayre and Zelrius can dish out now. They make my strongest area of effect attack look like a joke in comparison."

Straightening himself the bluenette faced the two remaining parts of the horde, seeing the many glowing red eyes focused on him since he still held all of the aggro on the creatures. With a calming breath he centered himself, focusing his energy once again into his arms as he assumed his stance for <<Meteor Break>>. The Grand Blade lit up with the shining golden glow iconic of the technique as the Ultramarine Knight rushed forward once again, unleashing the barrage of tackles and slashes on the third section of the corrupted human horde, riddling them with the slashes before finishing with yet another spinning 360 slash.

His attack complete Calrex stumbled a few paces forward from the remaining momentum, planting his sword into the ground to the side to catch himself from falling over, "Alright, just a few more strikes to go. Go for it!"

HP List
   Energy: 17/51 (-11+1)
   Energy: 12/32 (+1)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 10/102 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 51 MIT = 59 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"With pleasure," replied the blonde as he immediately shot forward and targeted the weakened horde. As he approached, he saw Calrex about fall and opted to catch his his friend instead. Unfortunately it was a semi-wasted effort, as the bluenette caught himself using is sword. "...And here I thought you were about to pass out on me Cal." As he told him to go ahead and attack, Oikawa turned to do so only to realize his indow of opportunity has all but closed.

Roll: 40589 BD: 1

HP List
   Energy: 30/51
   Energy: 13/32 (+1)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 10/102

ID: 40614
Battle Dice: 5 (Accuracy +3) = 8 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Craft Dice: 4 (Can't Attack)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered /

"Heh, don't worry. Until Teayre is finally safe from attack I'm not going to..."

As he was about to finish his sentence Calrex extracted the Grand Blade from the ground, but right as he did he saw his vision fade for a second as he stumbled about five paces before catching himself. His willpower certainly was the only thing left keeping him going. Without enough rest he had been fighting through all these nights at most likely a quarter to half strength that he normally did. If it weren't for his high stats, it would have been likely he might not even be standing at this point.

"Dammit, another wave I couldn't stave off...at least I'm recovering energy as well."

"...let myself rest, especially in the heat of combat! Heh."

HP List
   Energy: 18/51 (+1)
   Energy: 13/32

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 10/102

Edited by Calrex

Having finally regained some energy, the blonde hopped up and focused on the two remaining hordes. One group was on its lasts legs and the other wasn't much further behind. Targeting the group that barely remained, he surged forth and activated not only his <Charge> skill but the sword art <<Neuron>> as well. With blinding speed, his rapier sliced through quickly and efficiently. Fragmenting the horde piece by piece until all that remained was a puff of pixels.

"Only one group remains. Let's end this once and for all."

Roll: 40625 BD: LD: 12

Neutron: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon + 2 Charge + 1 Critical + 1 Wonderbread) x (5 x 1)

14 x 5 = 72 - 51 (Enemy MIT) = 21

HP List
   Energy: 18/51
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material and 510 Col. Total 2 Materials and 510 Col] [+1 DMG/-1 EVA]
   Energy: 9/32 (+1/-5)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 3: 0/102

ID: 40638
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 8 Remaining)

"Yeah...definitely..."

Mustering up what strength he had left Calrex looked at his energy bar, "Only enough for one more Meteor Break skill. Let's make this count!"

Willing himself forward the bluenette's sword lit up with the shining golden glow of his skill as he charged at the last remaining horde. Unleashing the blinding series of slashes he ripped through them before concluding his attack with yet another 360 spin slash. As he concluded the strikes he stumbled forward, dropping to one knee from the combined weight of his exhaustion and his low energy levels.

"Alright Oikawa, they're all yours!"

HP List
   Energy: 8/51 (-11+1)
Oikawa: 131/131 [+1 DMG/-1 EVA]
   Energy: 9/32

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 4: 10/102 (10 DMG * 11 Art - 51 MIT = 59 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"All for me? Oh you shouldn't have Cal," exclaimed the blonde as another display of the blue knights, <<Meteor Break>>, skill rattled the scene before him. Having just enough energy himself, Oikawa prepared to unleash the final blow on the last of the hordes plaguing his favorite artisan's shop. Unleashing another <Neutron> attack, Oikawa quickly dismantled the horde and collected their soul bones for use in his shop. 

A massive sigh of relief escaped him as he went to help Calrex into the shop. He had no doubts that the bluenette was exhausted. Sleep was definitely top priority for him. "Let's get you inside brother. Your weary body can finally rest."

Roll: 40641 BD: LD: 7

Neutron: (1 Base + 1 Athletics + 5 Rapier Skill + 3 Weapon + 2 Charge + 1 Critical + 1 Wonderbread) x (5 x 1)

14 x 5 = 70 - 51 (Enemy MIT) = 19

HP List
   Energy: 18/51
Oikawa: 131/131 [Gained 1 Material. Total 3 Materials and 510 Col] [+1 DMG/-1 EVA]
   Energy: 5/32 (+1/-5)

Enemies:
Nightspawn Human Horde 4: 0/102

With the battle over Calrex gave a nod as he forced himself back to his feet, resheathing the Grand Blade. Looking out at the expanse of the graveyard he saw that it was still nighttime. Not once in any of the past times he had fought the horde had he finished them before morning came. A genuine smile came to his face at the sight as he looked over at his blonde teammate, "Yeah...maybe now would be a good time to try and do so..."

Moving alongside his friend and fellow Spectrum Coalition member he pulled the doorway open, stepping inside. As was iconic of the Amethyst Boutique, the interior setting seemed the exact same from when it was on the fourth floor. The homely feeling filled him with relief, especially with the face that it would be standing for yet another day."

"Oikawa, I can't thank you enough for your help this night. I've been at this for many nights now, that I had half suspected that it would never end as long as Teayre was an orange player. Now, at least if I ever need to fight those things back again, I know I can count on you, just as before, heh."

With a friendly smirk he directed the blonde over to the couch, "I should be alright now."

Sitting down he gave a sigh of relief before tilting his head down. His hair masked his face, but the steady rhythm of his breathing indicated that he had immediately fallen asleep. Hopefully it would be the start of a more regular sleep schedule for him.

Nodding as Calrex let them into the boutique, Oikawa instinctively locked the door behind them as a precaution. Helping Calrex to the couch, took a seat on the floor and sighed before replying. "I'll always be there for you guys. If you ever need them help, I'm always just a pm away. Now rest you goof." With his iconic grin tugging at the edges of his mouth, the blonde also began to nod off as exhaustion took over. For their first adventure with him back, Oikawa was surprisingly warmed by the thought of being with his "family" again. Although Azure will always hold a place within him, Teayre and Calrex felt like one of his own.