[PP-F2] The Buzzes In My Head >>Long Live the Queen<< (Jomei)

Vayrin had been walking along the mountain paths on the second floor again. These days Vayrin found herself here more often then not. Not that she had any particular liking for the vast mountains. Sure they looked nice, and some spots featured incredible views. Something about them though felt empty. Under the huge shadows of the mountains somehow made them feel devoid of life. Nothing really new. Most of the time Vayrin spent here she had rarely seen any other players. She mostly wandered far from the town and other safe zones. Dangerous for a player like her, but she was hunting mobs.

As she walked along the edge of a large cliff, Vayrin stopped for a moment. She turned to face the giant mountain range that lied around her. She stared out at it, looking for signs of mobs or players.

Edited by Vayrin

The sounds of his lute echoed about the sides of the stone giant of a mountain he sat on. He sat atop a a boulder, his legs dangling over the side, and the stringed instrument in his hands. His green eyes gazed from the lute in his arms to the view of Urbus and the surrounding environment, consisting of both mountains and forests. A relaxed sigh escaped from the smile on his lips as he placed the instrument back into his inventory and looked out over the cliff. His eyes were drawn to the sound something walking near him. At first, he thought it to be a mob, like one of those mountain lions or wolves he has seen up here before. But luckily it was another person, a younger looking girl. She didn't look like a child, maybe a little bit younger than Jomei. With a shrug of his shoulders, he decided to see what the girl was up to.. maybe it would bring some excitement to his day. "Looking for something?" the man said, sliding off of the boulder and walking over to the girl. 

As Vayrin scanned the ever expansive mountain range, an unfamiliar voice broke into her thoughts. Vayrin snapped her head to the direction of the sound to find it's source. Sure enough she did. A man that looked the be older and taller then her stood a few feet away walking towards her. She couldn't deny that his sudden apparence startled her a little. Especially when he had been the first player she came across outside the safe zone today. She stared at him with her normal calm and serious expression, showing no signs of discomfort while she thought up a response. "No, not in particular." she said truthfully "Just looking for mobs..." She replied again. It was not till now that Vayrin noticed his green cursor, despite it being there the entire time. She relaxed a bit.

Jomei crossed his arms and looked around the area. He did not notice and monsters for her to fight in the immediate area, but there was plenty of mountain range to be explored. "Well, you could definitely find plenty of those out here. But i've run into more mobs at the base of the mountain to be honest." He placed his hand on his chin, gently stoking at it in thought. "Or theres even the Queen Wasp field boss.." Jomei realized he was just babbling on talking, putting ideas in the girl's head. "Sorry, went off on a tangent there." He walked up to the girl, "I'm Jomei by the way, pleasure to meet you." He honestly felt as thought it had been awhile since he met anyone new or tried to make any new friends, being he spent most of his time on the front lines, where he already knew mostly everyone. 

Vayrin continued to stare at the man as he explained. He said he had encountered more at the base of the mountains, which was a place Vayrin had not thought to have looked. That may be a good place to go after. Then he said something about a wasp queen. Vayrin suddenly remembered the quest. The wasp queen was a field boss on this floor. She would have taken it on, but she worried her current level was too low to take on that monster alone. her thoughts were interrupted again when the man gave her his name. Jomei. Vayrin thought for a moment, then replied. "Oh, I'm Vayrin..." She replied. 

"Yeah, I know about the Wasp Queen. Don't think I can take it on by myself though..." She said looking down. She really only stuck to basic mobs until she leveled up.

"Vayrin." the man said, speaking the name aloud to test how it sounded with his Irish accent. Good for her, because this was one of those names he did not have a problem saying. He smirked when she mentioned that she had heard of the respawning field boss, but had yet to take it on because of her lower level and the fear of not being able to fight it. "If that's the case, I don't mind offering up my services to help you out." He placed his hand on his chest and smiled. "I've taken on that oversized bee a couple of times.. Not too much of a problem.. I know we just met and all, but if you'd like help, I could go with you." he rubbed the back of his head.

Vayrin raised one eyebrow up when Jomei suggested his help. This was kind of a surprise seeing as she didin't expect this stranger to offer his help with the first problem she mentioned. "You want to help me with the wasp?" She said, with a slight confused tone and look on her face. She definently wanted it, she was just confused as to why he was offering. "Uhh. Sure I guess." She replied. The only other person who had helped her with a field boss was Zelrius. He was probably on the front lines though. Vayrin turned towards the path. "I think she's this way." She exclaimed and began walking.

Jomei's head tilted slightly to the side. He sensend uneasiness.. Or confusion..coming from Vayrin. "Yeah, of course I'll help." He chuckled, "Have you not met many people willing to go out and help others?" He lifted up his hand, opening up his invneotry. With a short scroll, and press of a few buttons, his rapier and armor materialized onto his waist and body, respectively. "I used to think like that.. Not sure why people would want to help out lower leveled players. Why risk their lives to go back to the lower floors and help out." he turned to the girl with a smirk, "That, and I like seeing the progress people make after I help them. Anyways, lead the way." Jomei followed after the girl towards the location of the queen.

As the two walked along the path, Vayrin couldn't help but feel curious as to why Jomei was all they way on floor 2. He said he had been to the front lines, and judging by his gear, he seemed to be a high leveled player. Soon her curiosity got the best of her. "So. What's a player like you doing all the way down here on the 2nd floor?" She said, not breaking gaze on the path in front of them. She could tell it was pretty obvious what she was doing on a low floor. You could tell just by her gear she was still a low level.

The girl asked why Jomei was all the way down on Floor Two. He had to admit, he had not been down here for awhile. As much as he loved this floor, the vast mountain ranges and the cool breeze that reminded him of his home, he looked for a new change of scenery. He chuckled at the girl's question, wondering if she expected an interesting answer, "I opened my shop down here."

He gave an answer she was half expecting. There really was no other reason to see the high levels down here when most of them were fighting on the front lines. Most of the shops were situated on the lower floors though, so even the high levels will come down to run them. To break the awkward silence that would soon follow she decided to keep the conversation going seeing as they were still a couple minutes out from the wasp queen. "What do you sell?" She said curiously. She was gonna start her own profession soon, so it may be good to get other people's opinions on what to do.

Jomei smiled softly at the girl when she asked what he sold. With a lift of his hand he opened up his inventory and scrolled through the menu. In his hand materialized a guitar like instrument, his lute. "I don't make much money off of it at the moment.. but I'm a performer. I write and sell music." he rubbed the back of his head with his free hand. "I don't really like doing the job much for profit.. but more for fun." he chuckled. "But sometimes I wish I had taken up something more... helpful.. like a blacksmith or tailor. No one really buys the music." He gave the girl a slight frown when he mentioned his own profession being basically useless, "Have you taken up a profession? If not, what do you think you want to do?" 

Vayrin listened as Jomei told her his profession. It was rare indeed among most players. He was apperantly a performer. She then noticed his sad expression as he continued to say it wasn't a very useful profession. Her thoughts suddenly went back to a friend she had, which he had said something to her not too long ago that could work for Jomei's case. Even though Vayrin herself didn't really think it was necessary she told him anyways, in an attempt to lift his spirits. "Being a performer can be useful. Even if it does nothing in combat, you can still entertain people around you. The profession can make people happy, and that is something the players in SAO need under these circumstances." She replied, trying to replicate what her friend had said to her. "Even if the combat focused professions help us to get out  of the game, the entertainers are the one's who help motivate us to stay alive. I know that may sound weird, but you know what I mean." Vayrin replied again, not really sure where she was going with it. She then looked up at Jomei when he asked her profession. "Oh, yeah. I chose to tailor. I hope I can craft stuff for players who still want to do damage, but not be slowed by the heavy armor." She said smiling, clearly happy with her choice.

Jomei turned his head to Vayrin as she spoke her words of wisdom. She was completely right. Jomei had not met a single person that did not enjoy his music when in his company. His smiled brightened, "Thanks Vayrin. That actually made me feel a lot better about it." Not only was it her words that made him smile, but seeing her smile rather than look cautious the whole time made him feel better as well. "You know, I've heard there are some types of songs that performers like me can write that can heal others just as potions or crystals do.. and I've even heard there are others that can take down an enemy's stats, making them easier to fight." he chuckled sheepishly, "If I really had the time to sit in my shop and play music all day, I would probably be pushing out songs like that left and right.. and If I had the materials and inspiration to do so." 

Jomei nodded when Vayrin told Jomei she was a tailor, "Ah, good choice. We've needed more of those around here. My best friend, and the leader of my guild, is actually a tailor.. but he hasn't really been doing much with that lately." He placed his open palm on his chest armor and pat it a few times, "This is actually light armor made of leather, the top tailor in Aincrad, Ariel, crafted it. Her stuff is.. pretty pricey though. So it'll be good business for you when people can't afford her prices" he laughed. 

Vayrin continued to smile as Jomei told her that she helped. She was glad it didn't sound confusing or weird to him what she had said. She then listened when he was telling her about the different kind of songs that you could learn in this game. This was the first time she had heard of any songs containing stat changing abilities. To her it almost sounded like the songs were supposed to be magical, but everyone who knew anything about SAO knew that the game had no magic in it. But then again, they needed to give the performers of Aincrad something to work with, and be able to change the stats of enemies sounded fair. Vayrin glanced over at Jomei as he tapped his chest armor. He explained to her it was made by the best tailor in Aincrad. Her name was apparently Ariel. Vayrin couldn't say she heard of her, but she wasn't surprised either. If she was the best tailor then she was probably another high level. Most of them don't tend to come down here really, and Vayrin was not one to hear the latest news on the higher floors. She mostly only heard when another floor had been cleared. Vayrin chuckled a bit when he said her stuff was pricey. "Heh, yeah. If she's the best then I'd imagine her stuff being expensive. My stuff will probably become more expensive the better I get." She replied, looking back at the path in front of them.

"Hah, spoke too soon." Jomei said in remarks to Vayrin's want to raise her prices once she got better at being a tailor. "Well then, I guess I'll have to come to you for new armor before that happens then." he gave the girl a friendly wink. He was looking into eventually coming up with a new armor scheme to assist him better in battle, but he was happy with what he currently had. The man's green eyes scanned the area, for it was starting to look all too familiar. They must have been approaching the spawn point of the Queen Wind Wasp.. He wondered if they would need to fight off her minions before she would show her face. "Keep alert Vayrin.. I think the Queen is near.. Don't be shocked if we need to take out some smaller Wind Wasps first.. but we may get lucky and find the Queen before hand." he slowly reached his hand across his body and slowly drew the ornate rapier from its sheath. 

Vayrin smiled as Jomei declared he'd come to her for armor. That would be nice to have more orders to do. Col was always nice, and so was the EXP. As they had gotten closer to the place where the supposed Wasp Queen spawned, Vayrin nodded when Jomei explained to her that they may need to fight off a couple minions. The minions she could handle. She slowly reached for her back, and pulled out her Anneal Blade. And she continued to walk with Jomei, scanning the area for the Queen, or whatever decides to attack first...

Jomei's green eyes scanned the surrounding area, for something bothered him. There were no smaller Wind Wasp minions in the area.. despite seeing them the past couple of times he passed by this area. There was always the possibility that a player already was here, and took out all of the surrounding mobs to cause the Queen to spawn.. Whether they abandoned the quest or perished at the hands of the boss was beyond his knowledge. "I have a bad feeling about this.." He was not worried for himself, he could take plenty of hits from the low leveled field boss without breaking a sweat. It was Vayrin he was looking out for in this situation, and he didn't want the Queen Wasp to get the upper hand and get to her first. 

As the two walked through the area where the Wasps supposedly spawned, Vayrin also felt an unusual feeling. The absence of smaller wind wasps seemed to be weird. Vayrin watched her sides while holding out her blade, hoping Jomei was doing the same. It was possible had been here recently and had already taken out their foe. Although they still needed to keep looking. Suddenly, Vayrin heard faint buzzing, but it was getting louder very quickly. She quickly snapped her head to the direction of the sound to see a large blue aura forming behind them. As soon as the light faded, the wasp queen was in it's place. The creature's health gauges quickly faded into sight, and the creature started to flap it's wings. Making a large humming sound along with it. She tightened her grip on her blade, glared at the creature, and got into a defensive stance.

[Wasp Queen]

HP: 50

Attack Damage: 12

Edited by Vayrin

Jomei heard the buzzing of the Wasp Queen and he smirked, turning around to face it. It looked just as it always had, big and ugly. "Hello again." he said in a taunting voice, stepping forward. He looked over at Vayrin, who was standing with her sword in her hands, ready to take on the field boss. Jomei's green eyes looked forward again as he lowered his body. A second later, his sword began to glow gold and he ran forward. He swiftly approached the Queen, leaping into the air and piercing his blade deep into the upper body of their enemy, finishing it off instantly. As his feet landed back on the ground, he turned to Vayrin with a smile on his face. 

ID: 41584
BD: 6
Shooting Star: 7x8 = 54

Wasp Queen: -4/50 
+1 Matriarch's Stinger (Each)