[PP-F7] A Familiar Stranger (Lessa)

Nimbus is a weird name for a mountain city,  thought the blonde as he materialized from the teleportation gate. A slight breeze grazed his golden bangs as he looked for the nearest route out of town. He had only been to this floor one other time as he recalled, and even then he didn't remember much of anything that happened. Stepping from the platform, he began to head down the main street to the gates of the city. The reason for his being there was a rather simple one, though it didn't alleviate the importance of the event. A certain player seemed to resurface just as he had and although he wasn't all to familiar with her achievements, she seemed to be held in high regard by many of the "vets". As such this meeting with her was certainly a valuable and personal matter. Hopefully she shows...

"Your message surprised me."

It probably was not the best greeting, or really any greeting at all; she realized this quickly. But, at that moment, it had felt like the best thing to say to the other man. Oikawa had never been someone with whom Lessa had been especially close. In fact, she could recall few meetings with the young man, even previous to her departure from the frontlines. His request for her to meet him truly had caught her off-guard, but she had assumed it was simply a guid-related get-together. She was aware of his high-ranking position within the Azure Brigade, which she had joined very recently. I can't think of any other reason why he would need to speak with me.

Despite all else, she decided it was quite rude of her to leave her welcome at that. Instead, she quickly added, "but it is nice to see you again."

"It'll be nice to see you again as well" he replied, before closing the messenger once more. What will we talk about? How she's doing? I should've thought this through a little more thoroughly.  Passing a gloved hand through his golden mass of hair, he sighed as he pondered what to do.  Combat is getting boring, even for me. Maybe I can have her tell me of times before my own. Before I finally decided to get my act together and get off of the bottoms of floor one. Supposedly she's been up and about longer than myself. I wonder what she knows, what tales she has to offer.

It was not difficult for the Guardian to locate the other blonde. The seventh floor was fairly barren, and with the aid of her navigation system, she found him only shortly after exiting the teleportation gate. However, when her gaze rest upon his frame, only slightly taller than her own, she found her tendrils of doubt creeping deeper, and taking a tighter hold. Though she moved confidently, her emotions hardly reflected her stride. Was this some sort of guild test? Would she be expected to jump through hoops to please the higher-ranking Azure member? Not only did he hold a position of power within the guild, he was also quite a few levels higher than she was. Worse yet, she did not doubt that Oikawa had far more experience with sword arts. After her adventures with Celes and Calrex, Lessa recognized that she had a long way to go before she would be even moderately effective. If the man before her intended to duel, he would make quick work of her.

Before she knew it, she was standing before him. There was no turning back. "Hello."

His thoughts seemed to drift away just as Lessa arrived. Offering a slight bow. he returned the casual hello. "Afternoon Lessa. Thank you for meeting me on such short notice." Gesturing to the benches that lay just outside city, Oikawa offered the lady blonde a seat so that they may talk. "I suppose I should start with why I've asked you to meet me today. It's actually rather silly," chuckled the blonde. "But I'm interested to know of your time here spent in Aincrad. I've been told you've been around the front-lines far longer than myself and have seen players and times that have greatly differed from what I'm used too. If it's not too much trouble I'd like to hear your story thus far."

He motioned for her to sit, an act of chivalry that she expected from someone like Oikawa. He had always struck her as a thoughtful young man, though she probably had not spent enough time with him to learn otherwise. But while his gesture did not surprise her, his request did. The blonde studied him in silence, lips drawn in a thin white line. Then, slowly, she queued up her inventory with a gentle flick of her wrist. She unequipped her gear, leaving her in breeches, boots, and a long, crimson tunic. This allowed her settle more comfortably on the bench beside her guildmate.

"Alright," she finally replied softly. "What is it that you want to know?"

• 3 weeks later...

Taking a seat, the boy laced his fingers and stared off into the vast scenery that was before them. "What floor was being cleared by the time you reached the frontlines? Who led the frontlines and what were they like? Were there any casualties?" He had a small idea of who was around at the time but the rest of the time in Aincrad for him was rather bleak and unmemorable. He shifted his position slightly, opting for a more conversational pose. Shifting his gaze to Lessa, he waited for answer to his questions.

• 2 months later...