[PP-F4] Out in the Snow <<Avalanche>> (Calrex) <Complete>

"God... Does Kayaba have to design this place to be cold as well. Isn't the snow bad enough." Nobuyuki chattered his teeth, feeling the cold biting down his spine. He had been walking in the snowing weather for nearly an hour.The moody weather of the forth floor has always been something Nobuyuki didn't like much. Not to mention the cold and snow. If there's one season he hate most, it would be Winter. Roaming around on the trail, Nobuyuki was hoping he could find more information about a hidden boss in this floor. Rumors has it that if you kill a certain amount of monster here, a boss would spawn, like the queen bee back in the second floor. Bosses gives way more experience when killed, but it's a pain to solo, especially when you're in an MMO with only one life, and you died for real if you died in game. Nonetheless, Nobuyuki likes to planned ahead, so checking the statistic of the boss wouldn't hurt. That is, if he even knew how to spawn the thing. 

"Urgh, I should've brought a cloak or something to keep myself warm." Nobuyuki sighed, as he continued the search. A few more minute of searching, he saw something odd. It's too small for a monster, and it's too far for him to tell what it is. One thing he can confirm is that it's moving toward his direction. "A player? And I thought I was far enough away from town... Who could this be?" Nobuyuki asked, as he decided it would be best not to make contact with whoever he is. As much as Nobuyuki need help, it would be bad if he encountered an orange player. He quickly find a place to hide within the snow, and see how things will turn out.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Calrex gave a sigh as he continued to make his way through the snowy landscape of the fourth floor as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "I really should stop frequenting this floor. Teayre's shop isn't here anymore, so other than assisting people on quests I've really got no reason to be here anymore."

Rubbing his eyes he tried to disperse the small dark circles beneath his eyelids as he gave another sigh, "I should really be getting back to the thirteenth floor. I can't defend her while I'm..."

Looking towards a snowy hilliside he through he saw a trace of movement. Activating his <<Reveal>> skill his eyes flashed a lighter shade of blue as the scenery turned transparent. Seeing another player hiding he gave a small sigh, "Probably nothing to worry about unless he decides to attack. They're still a bit too far to determine if their player status, but it shouldn't be anything I can't handle."

Gently resting his hand on the handle of the Grand Blade he continued his walk, moving quietly past the player's hiding spot, keeping the location in his peripheral vision as he did a quick scan of the area, "No monsters in sight. That seems abnormal. I wonder if I ended up in the spawning area for Avalanche while wandering around. I guess it wouldn't be out of the ordinary."

Edited by Calrex

Once the man has gone passed, Nobuyuky sighed. He was glad than whoever the stranger is, he wasn't an orange player. But while hiding in the snow, and only focusing on the road, and the man, Nobuyuki could feel something really cold behind him. Once he turned around, two giant ice fragment flew toward his direction. Unable to dodge the attack, Nobuyuki took the attack on full force. He was knocked out into the air, and landed onto the dirt trail. Panting hard, Nobuyuki slowly stood up and drew his Stinger. "Escaping isn't an option now, I might as well go out with style." Nobuyuki accepted his fate, charged back into the fray. He target one of the two ice golem-like creature, and swung his sword. With the sword art completely charged, Nobuyuki swung in an uppercut arc, knocking the Ice Elemental off its feet. Facing the other golem, he knew he wont have much time, so it's best to just back off. The young warrior jumped away from the Ice Elemental before it attack, and readied to fight, while the other one scrambling back to it feet.

ID: 40534; 40535

MOB: 7 {Hit!} ; 8 {Hit!}

BD: 9+1=10 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 8/24 HP [Energy: 4/6] ( - (16 - 8 MIT) = -8 DMG) x2

VS

Ice Elemental 1: 6/16 HP | DMG: 16 ( - (5 * Uppercut: 1x2) = -10 DMG)

Ice Elemental 2: 16/16 HP | DMG: 16

Edited by CaptainUndead

"What was that noise just now?"

Quickly spinning his head around Calrex looked over to see the player he had noticed avoiding him fall under attack by a couple of ice elementals. Giving a calming breath the bluenette turned around, reaching over and grasping the Grand Blade, "Dammit, that doesn't look good from any angle."

ID: 40562
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

As the Ultramarine Knight drew the Grand Blade from its sheath his armor and sword began to both radiate a light blue glowing aura as he activated his <<Sprint>> skill, quickly closing the distance before sliding in front of the injured player. Activating his <<Howl>> skill he brought his weapon into the earth, the act releasing a monstrous roar that seemed to originate from his armor itself. As the soundwave passed by the two elementals both turned to face him as he gave a calming breath, "Good, I made it in time."

Looking back he gave a nod to the player, "You alright over there? I've got their attention, so let's focus on taking them down."

HP List
(Hate: 1) CaptainUndead: 8/24
   Energy: 4/6
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 51/51

Enemies:
Ice Elemental 1: 6/16
Ice Elemental 2: 16/16

Edited by Calrex

Nobuyuki was just about to accept his fate. He closed his eyes, and waited for the impending doom to took his life away. However, all he hear is a loud battle roar, then two heavy clanking noises. When he opened his eyes, he saw in front of him a man in blue armor. The warrior had his shield tall, blocking the attack from both of the Monsters. Even with both of the Ice Elemental attack him at once, the shield doesn't seemed to move. Nobuyuki only nodded at the warrior, then quickly shifted focus back to the monster. Saw his chance, Nobuyuki lunged forward, his sword glowing lime blue as he readied his sword art. One swift strike to the hip then another strike to the back of the monster secured the kill. The Ice Elemental glowed brightly, before burst into million of pieces. As Nobuyuki created distance between him and the other Elemental, he was surprized that the thing didn't react to him, but still focused on Calrex. "I'm just gonna assume that's his taunt." Nobuyuki thought, readied his blade to attack once more.

ID: 40570; 40571

MOB: 2-1=1 {Blocked.} ; 3-1=2 {Blocked.}

BD: 8+1=9 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 8/24 HP [Energy: 2/6] (HATE: 2)

Calrex: 209/209 HP [Energy: 51/51] (HATE: 3)

VS

Ice Elemental 1: 0/16 HP | DMG: 16 ( - (4 * Snake Bite: 2x1) = -8 DMG)

Ice Elemental 2: 16/16 HP | DMG: 16

Edited by CaptainUndead

ID: 40586
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19 (Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated (2 Energy Used / 49 Remaining)

Calrex looked to see that his now teammate had accepted the help, immediately rushing forward and dealing a killing blow to the first of the two. Giving a calming breath he targeted the only remaining elemental, the Grand Blade lighting up with a light blue glow as he rushed forward, activating the same technique his teammate had used, <<Snake Bite>>.

As the two simultaneous blows struck the creature the damage was more than enough to defeat it in one blow as the construct burst into crystals. With the threat eliminated he gave a sigh of relief, resheathing his sword before turning to face the low-level player, "That was close, but we should be safe for now. How're you holding up?"

Loot List:
1 Material

HP List
(Hate: 2) CaptainUndead: 8/24
   Energy: 2/6
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 49/51

Enemies:
Ice Elemental 1: 0/16
Ice Elemental 2: -4/16 (10 DMG * 2 Art = 20 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

Seeing the monster slain by the warrior, Nobuyuki fell back down onto the snow, panting hard. His head felt light, and his hands were shaking. "Yeah... I'm good. Thanks for the help. I would've been dead if you weren't there." Nobuyuki replied, looking at the blue warrior. His breathing was still very much fast and heavy, as he tried his best to stood back up onto his feet. "That was too close... way too close." Nobuyuki took a good look at the warrior who saved him once again, before recognizing the man. 

"Wait... You're Calrex, aren't you? If I wasn't wrong, the info-breaker told that you're one of the highest level player currently." Nobuyuki said in awe, looking at Calrex in awe. "Why is someone this strong doing down here?" His subconscious asked himself. He wanted to ask, but it's best to keep it for himself. 

"Wait... You're Calrex, aren't you? If I wasn't wrong, the info-breaker told that you're one of the highest level player currently."

"So it looks like I've got a reputation now as well. Heh, so much for avoiding the spotlight."

"Yeah, I guess that my reputation precedes me. I believe you are right, currently I do have the highest level of the players currently in Aincrad. But, well, levels aren't everything..."

He reached out a hand and helped the player stabilize himself, noticing the shellshock the boy had gone through. It was certainly a close encounter with death, one he had not had himself for quite a long time, "Nonetheless, it's a pleasure to meet you. So what brings you out into the fourth floor field zones?"

Nobuyuki pondered for a quick moment, questioning if he should tell him or not. On one side, he is going to need help if he ever wanted to find the boss, let alone take it down, but on the other side, Nobuyuki doesn't wanted to have to rely on another person to accomplish something. "Ah... to hell with it all." Nobuyuki made up his mind. He looked Calrex and answer his question. "I'm here to find a specific boss. According to the Info-Breaker, there is a hidden boss that spawn in this floor, and it gives a lot of experience if you kill it. I didn't know how hard the boss is going to be, nor how to find it, but here I am still." He explained. 

"Ah, you must be referring to Avalanche. Yeah, he definitely spawns in this area, but it's definitely a dangerous one. I can help you find it, and if you'd like the assistance maybe I can lend a hand. If anything I can do like what we just did and use my hate-generating skills to keep the monster from targeting you."

Adjusting his sheath he gave a calming breath as he activated his <<Reveal>> skill, looking around the area, "Avalanche should be spawning somewhere nearby. It can't be hard to find, since it's a fairly large hunk of ice moving round."

As his vision skill persisted he saw what he was looking for, as the gigantic construct made its way across the snowy landscape not far off from where the two players were standing, "Alright, it's in that direction if you want to get moving."

"I... uh... Sure, if you're not busy or anything, I could use some help with the boss." Nobuyuki smiled awkwardly, as he quietly followed Calrex. "Goddamn it, Nobuyuki! I thought that you're not going to rely on other people. Well, what are you waiting for now? Introduce yourself." Nobuyuki's subconscious scowled himself. Following Calrex for a while, Nobuyuki spoke up. "So, it's not really that hidden is it? The "Avalanche" boss? Oh, by the way, my name is Tobi. Nice to meet you, Calrex. Once again, thank you for saving me back there." Nobuyuki told Calrex his fake name. Even though Calrex has just saved him, Nobuyki still wasn't quite sure if he could trust the man completely to tell him his real name, and the name Captain Undead is going to be a little awkward to communicate in combat, so Tobi will do.

"Tobi? Nice to meet you. Yeah I can easily lend a hand."

Looking over he kept his eyes locked on the massive creature as he began to make its way closer to the two, "Alright, go ahead and get yourself ready. I'll draw its attention, and from there we can wail on this thing. It shouldn't be long before it goes down."

Giving a calming breath he faced the creature as he raised his sword high, the blade beginning to glow with a light blue hue that seemed to resonate with his armor as he prepared his <<Howl>> skill. Once Tobi declared himself ready, he would use the skill and draw <<Avalanche>>'s attention.

Taking a deep breath, Nobuyuki stayed behind the wall, until Calrex has the complete attention of the monster. He has his grip on his weapon, the Stinger ready. In his mind, he thought of the worst case scenario that could happen. He already nearly died once, would that happened again. The boss seemed like something not to be joking around with. If he wanted to live, he's going to have to be tough and put everything he had in this one. Stepping out of the hiding place and stand right behind Calrex, facing the giant construct of Ice Crystal, Nobuyuki tap on the Ultramarine's shoulder. "Ready whenever you are." Nobuyuki said, then posing the attacking stance, ready to go after Carlex.

(OOC: You mind controlling the boss?)

OOC: Not a problem at all XD

IC:

ID: 40646
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3) = 7 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

As he activated his <<Howl>> skill the roar seemed to emanate from his armor as Calrex impaled the Grand Blade into the earth as he released the skill. Looking towards the gigantic monster the bluenette saw the creature fire both of its fists at him. Leaping to the side Calrex gave a nod to Tobi as he gave a calming breath, "Alright, get started attacking it. I'm bringing it down in my next move!"

HP List
Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 51/51
CaptainUndead: 21/24
   Energy: 6/6

Enemies:
Avalanche:
100/100

Edited by Calrex

"Alright, he god its attention. Now it would be a good time to strike, no?" Nobuyuki held his sword tightly as the warrior charged toward the beast, distracted by Calrex. The sword art has fully charged, as Nobuyuki swung his sword. The sword clashed against the hard ice, as he cut through the ice golem. With another swift consecutive strike in the back, the golem shook, but doesn't seemed to care about Nobuyuki much. With that, he jumped back, create room for Calrex so that he wouldn't be in the way.

ID: 40652 

BD: 6+1=7 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 21/24 HP [Energy: 4/6] (HATE:1)

Calrex: 209/209 HP [Energy: 51/51] (HATE:3)

VS

Avalanche: 92/100 HP | DMG: 24 

Edited by CaptainUndead

ID: 40655
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 4 (Evasion +4) = 0
Loot Dice: 2 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 5 (No Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Howling Octave>> Activated (8 Energy Used / 43 Remaining)

As his teammate successfully landed a hit on the creature Calrex gave a nod as he exhaled a calming breath, "Make this shot count..."

The Grand Blade lit up with a fiery orange glow as he flew forward, guided by the assisted system. Getting into striking range he unleashed his <<Howling Octave>> Sword Art. The barrage of stabs came out first as the power-aided strikes pierced the monstrous construct before the Ultramarine Knight used the down-up-down trio of slashes to finish off the creature.

Sheathing his sword he looked as the quest item appeared in his inventory for completing the mission. Opening up his trade window he sent the spoil over to Tobi with a nod, "Nice work out there."

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 209/209
   Energy: 43/51 (-8)
(Hate: 1) CaptainUndead: 21/24
   Energy: 4/6

Enemies:
Avalanche:
-4/100 (10+2 DMG * 8 Art = 96 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

(OOC Well that was a little bit shorter than I expected. XD)

Before Nobuyuki could even planned on another move, the fight has already ended. It was obvious that a boss on floor 4 wouldn't even match the highest level fighter in SAO, but the fight was something Nobuyuki have not expected. He was expecting the fight would last longer than ten second, but who is he to complain about anti-climatic battles. It's either this, or he take it on by himself, and he wouldn't prefer to fight the boss all alone. Nobuyuki was clearly much weaker than the boss, and with one hit it would guaranteed to bring his health bar to red zone, so this will have to do. Brushed the snow off his clothing, he approached Calrex and cheered. "Nicely done. I didn't think you would one shot the boss like that." "Now what?" Nobuyuki asked himself. 

"Heh, yeah, normally I probably wouldn't, but with the way things went with the last fight I figured it would be safer to end this one as fast as possible rather than dragging it out. Nonetheless, be sure to keep that quest item on you. It comes in handy on a quest on the ninth floor, called the Guardian of Fire. The potion you just got reduces incoming fire damage, which that quest has more than its fair share of."

Calrex gave a nod as he looked around the area. With the repeated destruction of <<Avalanche>> it seemed the are had gone quiet of monster spawns, most likely as a result of a respawning time period, "In any case, we should get heading back towards the settlement before any more monsters decide to show up. We can discuss more once we get back into Snowfrost Town."

When Calrex suggested that they discuss more when they return to Snowfrost town, Nobuyuki could only nodded. Out here he could easily over crowded by monsters, and only three hit successfully landed was all it need to bring his health points to zero. While walking, Nobuyuki didn't talk much with Calrex, only walking straight forward. When they finally reached the starting settlement of the floor, he sat down on a wooden bench in the center of the town, sighed in relief. "Hey Calrex. What does the front line looks like? I heard that you fight on the front line very often, didn't you?" He asked. Nobuyuki have had interested in fighting in the front line for a while. He has been training a lot to get there and join the fighters to fight for their freedom in floor 100. The journey is going to be tough, but for now, that's all he really wanted.  

"Well, very often wouldn't be the exact word for it. The frontlines is just another word for the floor boss raids. I've taken part in only a couple of them so far, but I can tell you it's an interesting environment. Working alongside so many powerful players is definitely something to behold, as normally they're usually off on their own or within the guilds keeping to themselves."

Scanning around the area once more Calrex gave a sigh of relief as he gathered there were still no monsters spawning in the immediate area, "I'll give you this much, don't be in too much of a rush to get there. We've recently begun to continue the push through the floors, and as you've probably heard we're going to be starting the thirteenth floor raid fairly soon. However, the one thing I' like to avoid at all costs is having players fall during the battles. The last time it happened was on the ninth floor, before I even made it to the frontlines, but I believe everyone participating now wants to prevent a repeat from happening as much as possible. So for now, just focus on continuing to get stronger. If you do that, I'm sure you'll be at the frontlines in no time."