The blonde was in at the arena where players used their skills and wits to fight others, motivated by one of many various reasons. Amongst those were pride, self-indulgence, boredom and the will to crush your opponent. But today the blonde was here for none of those reason, she was here for a more... scientific reason .. so to say. To test out a battle 'system' that might be applied outside the Cardinal's normal system.... not entirely outside as it would require the over health buff and the half lost duel option but the actual fight would have a different form than overpowering your opponent with sword arts.

She stood there looking over the notes she'd made on her HUD window. "It should be good now, now we can go into field testing it" she muttered to herself.

"Hm...this ought to be interesting..."

As he entered into the arena once more Calrex gave a small sigh as he looked around. It has been some time since he last walked through the participant gates, but the setting itself was still something to behold. From where he was standing he felt very much like a gladiator in an arena, ready to fight for his right to continue living.

However, such a dire situation was not the reason he was here today. Ariel had contacted him to help her test out something she was working on, possibly a new form of competitive combat, "I guess she must be really tired of having to fight using Sword Arts. I'll have to admit it feels more like we're playing a tactical RPG than a fighting game with their introduction. When I first started it seemed more a test of skill and such, but now things feel...a bit too easy. It might be because we've become over-leveled for our current floor, or something else. In any case, a change of pace is nice."

Giving a wave as he saw the blonde come into view Calrex glanced upwards to see his blue peregrine falcon familiar circling overhead as usual, being his second set of eyes in order to boost his accuracy, "Hey Ariel, so what is it you've got planned for this?"

Seeing the other test subject, beside herself, entering the arena Ariel smiled. At his question she used her index and middle finger to flip her levitating screen and send it towards Calrex so he can receive and read the rules she established. "The rules are as stated. I think they're explained clearly enough but feel free to ask if you have any doubt. Basically I'm challenging you to a fencing competition! well as much as I can emulate it in this game." And with that she closed the window and placed her hand on the orb that's on top of the pedestal. As soon as Cal would do the same the normal duel with over health would begin. This time though they would have some extra conditions that would hopefully make things more interesting than her losing in that kind of matter, as their previous duels ended.

"Shall we begin?"

ID#40841  LD: 6

Stats:

Spoiler

HP: 457 
Energy: 38
Acc: 2
EVA:3
LM:2
Savvy:1

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

OOC; Will double post for my next roll

ID: 40843
Loot Dice: 7 (Calrex goes first)

As he received the rules Calrex took a look over them, a friendly smirk coming across his face as he gave a nod, "Alright, it all makes sense. I remember you saying you were a fencer back in the real world. Alright then..."

Accepting the request he stepped forward an activated the overhealth crystal as well before stepping back. Drawing the Grand Blade he gave a calming breath before taking up his stance, "This is going to be rather interesting. I can't use my Sword Arts, so it's going to be a lot like how things were before they were released. It definitely seemed like it took a bit more luck and skill back then. Nonetheless, I'll give this everything I've got."

Looking forward he watched the timer count down, readying himself for the battle to begin.

Spoiler

Calrex's Stats:
HP: 513 (209 + 300 Overhealth)
DMG: 10
ACC: 3
EVA: 4

Edited by Calrex

ID: 40845
Results:
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Shoulder
ODV: 10

As the battle timer released Calrex gave a quick exhale as he activated his <<Sprint>> skill, quickly closing the distance as he planted his stance in front of the blonde fencer, "Ariel seems to prefer more sportsmanlike styles over the more brutal ones I've also learned in the real world. Let's keep to this for now."

Resting his free hand on the end of the handle he swung horizontally, training the edge of his blade towards his opponent's shoulder, "If I target her striking limb, it might hinder her ability to fight. One of the tricks for using some weapons, the idea of 'defanging the serpent.'"

Score
Calrex: 0
Ariel: 0

Edited by Calrex

Her eyebrow twitched at the mention of 'a fencer' as she'd be someone who does it for fun. When there was more to the truth than just that. She decided to let it slip as she readied herself while watching the timer get close to zero. He'd charged towards her and adopted a direct approach by slashing at her shoulder. She tried to react but was too slow and got slashed at the shoulder. A audible 'Tsk' slipped her mouth as she tried to retaliate but calrex was already out of her range apparently as her weapon meet nothing but thin air. "As expected from the flash tank." she said with a smile. "Going head on... Quite the improvement" she praised her opponent as she was ready for his next attack now that she failed.

ID# 40848  Miss (LM activated:+1BD next turn)  DDV: 9

Score:
Calrex: 6

*Disclaimer: Since we both have 12+ Mitigation, we don't add our healths/damage to our posts as they are irrelevant to the set rules. And it's highly improbable that we'd go hitting each other 200 times before ending this duel in a way or another.

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 40852
Results:
Failed Attempt
DDV: 4

Calrex gave a nod as he traced his swords point in the air, retraining it on his opponent as his friendly smirk returned, "Of course, if I don't improve I get left behind or worse right?"

With a calming breath he focused as he rushed forward once again, this time aiming to strike at Ariel's sword arm once again. However, it seemed this time his attack fell short as he saw it pass by just inches in front of the blade, "Although it seems my accuracy could still use some work..."

Giving another quick exhale he prepared himself for the Crowned Lion's next attempt.

"I certainly need to keep myself as powerful all around as I can. It's what sets me apart from the others. Like I've told myself before, I can't deal high amounts of damage to a single or multiple enemies like Zelrius, Teayre, and Ssendom can. I certainly can't endure as much damage as Tristan does. But what I can do is excel in both team and solo situations."

Score:

Edited by Calrex

Seeing his next attack come short, the blonde took the chance to retaliate, After all his defensive position was just as inviting as a gazelle to a lion Activating charge, she used the momentum to rush at him and had used a similar 'trick' to his own, striking for his dominant arm's shoulder. Hoping to disrupt him from landing a successful hit again. 'I'm not going to lose again, more so as this thing was set up by my own terms.' Gritting her teeth, she put all her strength in that one thrust aimed for the connecting joints of his right shoulder. Her overall speed at the moment was very similar to using the charging type sword art that she had but lacking the golden weapon glow associated with it.

ID# 40927 Hit (6-4eva+2acc+1LM+1savvy) (Savvy activated as Calrex missed, +1BD this turn)  ODV: 4

Score:

ID: 40929
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Arm
ODV: 8
DDV: 2

Calrex gave an approving nod with his competitive smirk as he heard Ariel speak, "Heh, of course. I wouldn't have it any other way. Now show me what you've got!"

Right after speaking he felt the Crowned Lion's thin blade pierce into the Grand Dragoon's shoulder as he gritted his teeth, quickly exhaling to reduce the force of the blow. However, instead of backing up to regain his ground the Ultramarine Knight followed the momentum of the strike, using his back foot as an axle as he spun around, bringing his blade low and horizontal towards Ariel's arm.

Score:
Ariel: 6

Edited by Calrex

"No problem!" she said after receiving a direct hit to her arm, the shook had almost made her drop her weapon but as she gritted her teeth, the blonde also tighten the grip of her hand. Making a spin to the right, she lowered her rapier to go underneath his weapon and as she was to Calrex's left side she slashed upwards aiming towards his other shoulder. Attempting to throw him off balance and get into an advantageous position. It wasn't the most 'allowed' move in fencing tournaments, as it apparently was seen as a mocking move towards our opponent leaving you full of openings. 'Well this isn't a arbitrated match so it won't hurt to try' she thought moments before making the move.

ID# 40944  Hit  ODV: 7  DDV: 1

Score:
Calrex: 10
Ariel: 6

ID: 40948
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Torso
ODV: 4
DDV: 6

As Calrex confirmed his strike he looked and saw yet another piercing stab already inches from his opposite shoulder. Knowing he wouldn't be fast enough to avoid the blow he quickly braced for impact, feeling the rapier pierce into the opposite pauldron of the Grand Dragoon. Gritting his teeth the edges of his mouth curved upwards. This was definitely an interesting fight, one not determined by merely large numbers in your stats.

Riding the momentum of Ariel's attack once again the bluenette spun around, adjusting his sword's positioning as he came around. This time his free hand extended forward before he thrust his back shoulder forward, the point of the Grand Blade trained on the Crowned Lion's torso in a fierce stabbing motion not normally designed for wider blades like his own weapon. The movement actually seemed more akin to a billiard player's upper body articulation when shooting.

Score:
Calrex: 10
Ariel: 12

Torso She thought she had him off guard with that last hit but this guy was stubborn as a bull. He used a similar move as she did earlier and aimed for her chest area, luckily her trained reflexes kicked in and she managed to avoid a full blown hit receiving a crape around the area of her collarbone . 'That was too close' she thought as she as she took a step back before retracting her rapier and thrusting it towards the center of his torso, at the immediate space between the ribcage and stomach. "Now this is truly a duel!" she said with a excited voice as they continued to exchange blows. A smile was already present as she focused, trying to read his next move.

ID# 40951 Hit  ODV: 10 DDV: 8

Score:
Calrex: 14
Ariel: 12

ID: 40977
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Arm
ODV: 4
DDV: 7

As Calrex felt his blow be partially deflected by Ariel's rapier he soon felt after a successful strike against his torso as he saw the Crowned Lion score a clean hit. Quickly stepping back he absorbed most of the blow as he exhaled before giving a smirk of his own, "Heh, no tricks in this one!"

Rushing forward he performed a diagonal slicing motion, aiming to strike at the blonde's sword arm once again, "If I keep this up maybe I can disbable her. Not likely, but I need to find some way to create an opening for a clean and powerful strike."

Score:
Ariel: 20

The blonde allowed herself to smirk as she saw her hit landing successfully it seems that this was her hubris as the blunette retaliated after absorbing the full force of her blow and still stand. He went and aimed at her dominant arm once again, luckily she still had her pretty much trademark vambrace that managed to deflect some of the blow's force. Unfortunately that action cost her the opportunity to unleash a counter so she decided to step back instead, putting some bit of a distance between them. "I like it better that way. We may not have a referee, so we have to trust each other regarding cheap shots." She lowered her stance as she raised her rapier to chest level, bringing her  left hand behind her back. "Well, don't just stand there!" she said in a taunting attempt.

ID# 41058 Miss (LM activated) DDV: 7

Score:
Calrex: 16

OOC: Sorry I was the one that unleashed the ghost Q_Q

ID: 41059
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Head
ODV: 9
DDV: 1

As Ariel goaded him to attack Calrex gave another competitive smirk before nodding, "Alright, just know Oikawa said the same thing in the first S&Z and regretted immediately after, heh."

Activating his <<Sprint>> skill from close range the blue-haired swordsman quickly closed the distance to his opponent before immediately triggering <<Acrobatics>>. His leapt combined with the momentum of his initial advance, carrying him overhead as he executed a long flip. As he sailed overhead he brought the Grand Blade over his head. Completing his movement he came down from behind in an attempt to strike at the back of Ariel's head in a down slash.

Score:

' I might have jinxed myself with that cocky move' though the blonde as once again Cal managed to strike her after a combined display of the system's basic skills that allowed them to go beyond human limits in terms of physical condition. She didn't expect him to jump and flip mid air and could feel the hit on the back of her head. She was thrown off balance and stumbled forwards after the downwards slash that reached even her back. A frustrated 'Tsk' escaped her lips as she quickly found her footing and turned around to face her opponent. Yet again, the chance to strike him had been wasted.

ID# 41063 Miss (LM activated: +2 bd next turn) DDV: 1

Score:
Calrex: 26

ID: 41065
Failed Attempt
DDV: 4

As Calrex confirmed his attack hit he gave a calming breath as he quickly turned around, focusing on his opponent once again, "Those techniques really only work when you catch the opponent by surprise. Now that Ariel knows I can do that it's likely she's going to be prepared for it now, so I can't attempt it again during this battle."

Accelerating forward once again he planted his foot as he attempted another swing, but this time it seemed he had misjudged the distance as he saw his attack pass another half foot away from the Crowned Lion. Cursing under his breath he quickly followed the momentum and flicked the Grand Blade into a reverse grip, bringing it to that the sword was diagonal in front of him in a defensive position, "Gotta catch her off guard in order to get another opening. I don't need much, but I still need to make sure she doesn't score a good hit on me."

Score:

It seems that Lady Luck has smiled upon the blonde as a imminent attack somehow managed to pass by her, with little or no effort from her part. She just did a simple dodge by stepping to the side. She saw the blade swing by her and let out a relieved sigh, she eyed the opportunity to strike him and thrusted that her rapier will stay true as it always did. But that effect seemed to not work against this particular opponent. She'd hear whispers of people referring to him as the flash tank but ignored them as it seemed as a contradiction. Well those whispers echoed through her head as she found herself striking thin air instead of his armor.

ID# 41133 Miss (LM activated: +2 bd next turn) 

Score:

ID: 41139
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Shoulder
ODV: 5
DDV: 3

As another of Ariel's strikes flew past without coming close to hitting him Calrex quickly planted his footing before squaring his stance, giving a calming breath, "My Evasion seems to be keeping me in this duel for now, but I need to deliver a decisive attack if I'm going to claim victory here."

Bringing his arms to his right side, his sword arm bent at a 90 degree angle upwards, the Grand Blade's main edge up and pointed away from the Crowned Lion. His opposite arm crossed over his body, clenched into a fist. Quickly twisting his body back before moving forward he coiled himself up like a spring before twisting back towards his opponent. Both arms came forward in a double horizontal strike, with his sword trained on Ariel's shoulder. If he had been wielding two weapons at once, this was the first two attacks for the Heaven-Earth 6 flow from the Filipino martial arts.

Score:

Seeing his change of posture, it was only by instincts that the blonde managed to react to this unusual move. She brought her rapier vertically and supported it at the middle with her left vambrace just moments before she felt a huge shock from the clash of his straight sword. 'if that was a two handed one I would be send flying!' she thought as she deflected the blow a bit but still receiving some damage to the shoulder in the process. His other hand passed near her stomach without hitting. As soon as as she thought she was safe, she did a similar move like last time and spun around, leaving his hands pass by her and then bringing down her rapier in a downwards diagonal slash aimed for the back of his arm.

ID# 41143 Hit (6-4+2+2LM+1 Sawy)  ODV: 6  DDV: 8

Score:
Calrex: 29