ID: 41144
Failed Attempt
DDV: 4

Since he had used his whole upper body for the previous strike, Calrex was unable to recover quick enough as he felt a quick strike connect with the back of his arm. Leaping back he gave a calming breath before rushing forward, flipping the Grand Blade into a reverse grip. As he got into striking range he attempted a technique he had used much in the past, a passing strike to the Ariel as his momentum carried him past. However, it appeared that he had angled his blade wrong as he felt it merely cut through air.

Quickly turning he prepared himself for the Crowned Lion's next attack, "We're really cutting it close now. I'd best be sure she doesn't score another strong hit on me."

Score:
Calrex: 29
Ariel: 24

The blonde evaded yet another incoming strike from Calrex. It seems that he was still unbalanced after the previous one: "This is what you get if you go around like that!" she said with a taunting tone and retreated some more. By her calculations this last clash would be the end.. not it went to who'm will land a good hit first. She was getting even more excited as her warrior spirit tingled the whole while of this duel. She didn't want it to end so soon but had no alternative. Yet she wanted to win!

ID# 41145 Miss (LM activated: +1 bd next post) 

Score:

Edited by Ariel - The Crowned Lion

ID: 41146
Successful Attempt
Strikes at Head
ODV: 4
DDV: 3

Hearing Ariel's taunt only made Calrex smirk as he seemed to shrug it off, much like how he did with Oikawa in their duel, "Heh, alright then, here I go Ariel!"

Accelerating once again he closed about half the distance before suddenly dropping his body low, coiling his leg muscles as much as he could to build up energy like a spring. At the same time his sudden stop caused his body to angle forward, shifting the angle of his momentum to a lower and lower degree. When he got to just about parallel with the ground he released the energy he had stored up in his legs, thrusting the Grand Blade forward with his right shoulder as the driving mechanism.

Quickly closing the distance his fierce flying stab was trained on the Crowned Lion's head once again.

Score:

Edited by Calrex

It seems that was her hubris after all, she'd gotten it from another blonde guy that acts like a noble twat. As she taunted him, once again Calrex got hooked in it and dashed for her head almost flying over the ground. She entered a defensive stance, bringing her  vambraces into a formation but the after the initial strike she lost her footing as her opponent had more weight and momentum than her. His blade that was aimed at her head got deflected but as her stance broke he still managed to scratch her right cheek. She clenched her teeth as she struggled not to fall down on her back. 

"And with that, out test ends." she said in a not so happy voice. "I still hate that I lost despite being a quick test run before the event." she continued after a sigh. Then as her smile reclaimed her face she brought forth the duel window and selected the 'forfeit' option. With that the system recognised Calrex as a winner as well, with the victory trumpets and the large, bright 'Congratulation!' text.

"That's all for today it seems. I'll be asking for your help in the future as well so expect a PM. Say hi to T for me will ya?" she said as she brought forth her hand for a friendly handshake in honor of the victor. After that formality was over the two would split ways and returned to whatever they were doing before.

ID# 41147 [doesn't matter] DDV: 8

Score:
Calrex: 35 - Winner!

With the battle coming to an end with his Hail Mary head stab Calrex gave a calming breath as he dropped out of his focused combat self, resheathing the Grand Blade as he gave a friendly nod, "That was certainly a fun match Ariel. I'm glad you picked me to try it out."

Accepting the handshake he gave a smile, "I'll be sure you said hi. If you get the chance you should stop by her shop. The exterior certainly doesn't look like it used to, but the interior is just the same as it was on the fourth floor."

With that he parted ways, heading out of the arena.

Topic Complete

• Topic Completed (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col / 200 col per participant)