[F9-PP] Bad dog, bad dog! <Guardian of Fire> (Macradon, Hirru, Shizuka

[Gonna do a bit of time skip because this is taking too long >.>]

Soon, after walking for a bit more time, the party arrived at the familiar <<Inferno Cavern>>. Yes indeed, it was going to be rough but she knew that she had nothing to worry about since she had the skill <<Survival>> which prevents her from taking any damage due to the extreme heat. She whipped a bit of sweat from her forehead and looked at the other two, wondering if they were ready and wondering if they had anything that would protect them from the heat. Both players looked quite stocked on armor and she hoped that that wouldn't affect them... she would never know because she, herself was wearing a rather light armor... a cloak to be more precise... a light cloak that shielded her from the heat.

From the entrance, she could already feel the warmth coming from inside the cave. With a sigh, Shizuka began to walk once more. This place sure took her back and reminded her of somebody. Indeed, she had actually been here once before with Calrex who had helped her complete this quest and now, she was helping others complete this quest. Calrex... someone who had helped her very much by helping her complete many quests since the beginning of the game but now Shizuka hadn't talked to him ever since the event. With a deeper sigh, she entered the hot cavern and felt the heat rushing through her face. "Let's go then... We better move it if we want to finish this quest before night." Shizuka said.

[Mac, can you spawn in and attack the next turn? I need to move last so I can heal]

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[In the mean time at the time skip I apply the Stinger, because we have to fight now :P]

They had made the quick pit stop on their way here, Macradon had checked if all his possessions he needed was there, it was. The Matriarch's Stinger, a salve that added damage upon his weapon he would apply it to. It was quite a handy thing to have, it would help him deal some more damage in the battle. They would eventually arrive at the cavern and it sure was hot in there. "Dangit, so hot" he thought as he would wipe some sweat off his forehead just from the sheer heat rafiating from the cavern. He would apply the salve to his sword before he would venture into the cavern to make sure it was ready and set. "Let's go, I'll spearhead the vanguard" he said as he walked forward into the deep cavern. They would soon arrive at a rounded cave, a very big one. Big marks on the ground would appear lava like holes would melt up and hell hounds would appear from the holes. There were a lot of hounds so they had to be careful on this battle. Macradon counted them just to make sure he knew what was at danger. 9 Hell hounds, more than he had expected, and this wasn't even the final big boss. "I'll go in, I will tank them while you guys take care of stuns and damage. I will take care of 4 of them, just try to AOE stun the rest if possible!" he said as he rushed forward. He would prepare himself for an attack, swinging his broad great sword at the hounds. "Dangit" he thought as he missed the hounds, but at least caught their attention ... all of them that was. Macradon was the one with most Hostile actions towards the hounds, they all went towards Macradon, some where quick while other were slow. Macradon was able to fend some off them off while still taking some hits in. "I'll tank as much as possible, try to stun them or take them down if possible" he would say while keeping the hounds away from the others.

Spoiler

ID: 42292
BD: 3, miss.
MD: 4, miss

ID: 42293
MD: 8 hit. 27-23=4

ID: 42295
MD: 10 crit +2 dmg. 29-23=6

ID: 42296
MD: 4 miss.

ID: 42297
MD: 4 miss.

ID: 42298
MD: 5 miss.

ID: 42299
MD: 7 hit. 27-23=4

ID: 42300
MD: 6 hit. 27-23=4

ID: 42301
MD: 10 crit +2 dmg. 29-23=6

Macradon: 58/82
Energy: 16/18

Hellhound 1: 30/30
Hellhound 2: 30/30
Hellhound 3: 30/30
Hellhound 4: 30/30
Hellhound 5: 30/30
Hellhound 6: 30/30
Hellhound 7: 30/30
Hellhound 8: 30/30
Hellhound 9: 30/30

Edited by Macradon

[Good Plan]

"How did you even aggro nine of them?!"

They had finally reached the cavern when they all noticed the searing heat that emanated from its deepest reaches.  From there, they would find a fair amount of hell hounds that seemed to be the basis of the quest.  Defeating them would be easy, but would take some time for him.. unless.  Mac had decided to take on the tank role, as they planned, but had somehow built hate for himself.  How he did so, the hunter had no idea, but he needed help.

Drawing Solace from its sheath, the hunter would prepare a fast AOE to take out a majority of the hounds at once.  It worked, but at quite a price as he had to use up quite a bit of energy to do so.  The hunter needed to figure out a better method of dealing with high tier monsters while at a low level.

"That's nearly half of them.  Do you have the others in check?"

He would say to his defensive partner while looking towards their support for help.

Spoiler

[ID: 42351]
[BD: 7+2=9] Hit (Non-Crit)
[Sword Art: Sharp Nail] 3x2x7= 42 (INSTA-KILL)
[LD: 15+1=16] Sweet Loot Bro!

[Mac - 58/82 hp :: 16/18 en]
[Hirru - 64/64 hp :: 4/16 en] -12 en

Hellhound 1: 0/30 +1 Mat
Hellhound 2: 0/30 +1 Mat
Hellhound 3: 0/30 +1 Mat
Hellhound 4: 0/30 +1 Mat
Hellhound 5: 30/30

Edited by Hirru
They didn't have MIT!

Shizuka frowned. She should be able to heal Macradon successfully as she has maxed out her healing stats. However, her success rate truly was low and since that peculiar event, her confidence had dropped dramatically and she really hoped that this wouldn't affect her healing chances during an event as important as this. With a yawn, she walked up to the man who had taken many hits before allowing her smooth, gentle hands to touch his back. He had taken lots of damages but as a damage dealer and kind of a tank. She had no doubt that she would be able to heal him quite well and even if she did fail her initial skill healing, she has a 100% chance of healing with one of her healing crystals that she kept with her at all times. "Stay still. I'm healing." Shizuka said as she applied pressure onto her arms and felt the sweat coming from behind the hood of hers. And then, her hands glowed... an angel's glow of healing... First Aid in action.

ID: 42412
Crafting Dice: 2+3=5 (Fail)

"Darn it," Shizuka said as she heard the failure. The chances of her failing had been very low... She just had to hope that she would get lucky with the heal and even that, the game would not provide for her. Instead, she had failed in healing. However, for a healer, there must always be a backup plan and that plan for Shizuka had been to use the healing crystals that she had in her bag for situations just like this. "Don't worry. I have some crystals you may have." And hence, Shizuka pulled them out from her inventory, used one and targeted Macradon with the healing item.

HP List
Macradon: 78/82 (+20)
   Energy: 16/18
      Hate: 0
Hirru: 64/64
   Energy: 4/16
      Hate: 1
Shizuka: 100/100
   Energy: 25/25

Enemies:
Hellhound 5:
30/30

Edited by Shizuka
Rolling Crafting Dice

Hirru did a great job taking care of some of the hounds as Macradon asked him to do, but what happened was that Hirru built up more hate than he should've. Macradon haven't hit any mob and therefore hasn't generated any hate from the hounds. Hirru was quickly targeted by the 5 remaining Hounds. They went all out at him, like it was the last thing they could do. Macradon would stay put as Shizuka came to his rescue to heal him as much as possible though she was unsuccessful and did not manage to heal Macradon. Though Shizuka had a card up her sleeve, a healing crystal. "Thanks a lot" Macradon said as he was healed "Though I think Hirru needs it more then me" he said and pointed towards all the hell hounds charging at Hirru. "It's all my fault ..." he said and bit his lip. "Hirru, try to get a stun or disengage, Shizuka heal Hirru as much as possible and I'll try to engage on the hounds again, hopefully hitting them" he said and looked at his big chunky sword, even though he was a master swordsman he had difficult swinging the big sword around.

Spoiler

ID: 42413
BD: 2, miss.
MD: 5, miss.

ID: 42414
MD: 2, miss.

ID: 42415
MD: 6-1=5, miss.

ID: 42416
MD: 8-1=7, hit. 27-15=12

ID: 42417
MD: 10, crit +2. 29-15=14

HP List
Macradon: 78/82
   Energy: 14/18
Hirru: 38/64 (-26)
   Energy: 4/16

Enemies:
Hellhound 5:
 30/30
Hellhound 6: 30/30
Hellhound 7: 30/30
Hellhound 8: 30/30
Hellhound 9: 30/30

Edited by Macradon

The hunter wasn't surprised by the following events.  Canines worked in packs, after all.  It was natures way that brought them to attack the one that had killed four of their pack members.  Jade hunter was able to evade three of them, but that was only a distraction from the last two that used their pack members as bait.  They caused a fair chunk of health to be robbed from him, but his armor would activate to heal the damage that got through.  Cheeky buggers, really!  That's why you have to tackle all of them at once!

Solace burned with intensity as it caused the hunter to jump into the air before slamming down with a powerful force.  The hit would take down several of the creatures health to nearly half.  They would growl while the hunter did so back.  It would be up to Macradon to take out the rest of it.

"Mac, use a low level AOE!  Shizuka, full heal!"

Spoiler

[ID: 42419]
[BD: 5+2=7] Hit
[Sword Art: Rage Spike] AOE 1x2x7=14 dmg
[CD: 11] Regen Active 9x2= 18 hp regain

HP List
Hirru: 56/64 (+18)
   Energy: 0/16 (-5)
      Hate: 2

Enemies:
Hellhound 5:
 16/30 (-14)
Hellhound 6: 16/30 (-14)
Hellhound 7: 16/30 (-14)
Hellhound 8: 16/30 (-14)

Edited by Hirru

Shizuka sighed. It was obvious that the green haired man was running out of energy. Indeed, she had figured that he had spent all of his energy with the previous attack and well, luckily, the battle was about to be over. However, that was when he spurted out a command at Shizuka and Macradon. Now, Shizuka was someone that hated orders and hated people who think that they had the authority to command anyone they want. Who does he think he is?  Shizuka thought darkly. Heck. I'm probably way ahead of him level-wise. Shizuka assumed. Still, she had that enough integrity... Just that one light of hope inside of her that prevented her from breaking out completely and bursting from lack of self-control. Yes, her self-control had gone to pieces a while ago... To be precise, one week ago whens he met the fate that Kayaba had forced upon her. I'll kill that guy some day with my own weak sword. Shizuka thought with defiance before realizing that she did have a job to finish.

"Fine," Shizuka said simply in a very quiet, impatient voice that she was sure neither Macradon and Hirru could've heard. She arose her arm, hoping that she wouldn't have to waste yet another bottle of potion on this quest. With a sigh, she walked over to Hirru, touched his back and applied force before activating the <<First Aid>> skill that she was known for.

ID: 42440
CD: 12+3=15
Skill <<First Aid Activated>> (20% of 64 = 12)

Shizuka smiled when she had heard the sound of success. Indeed, she had managed to heal the man to full health and that would surely help as she had to go ahead and back off now that her job was done. He has more hate.... That means the opponents will be focused on him... Still, this battle should be over quite soon. Shizuka thought.

HP List
Hirru: 64/64 (+12)
   Energy: 0/16

Enemies:
Hellhound 5:
 16/30
Hellhound 6: 16/30
Hellhound 7: 16/30
Hellhound 8: 16/30

Edited by Shizuka

"Good job there, Shizuka!" he called out aiming the praise towards her. It was great they had a healer on the team, someone who could keep them alive. Macradon was ready, he ran towards the others, seeing how the hounds would flock around Hirru. It wasn't supposed to be him who would tank the attacks, but at least it would give Macradon an opening. Hence Hirru and slain the 4 initial hounds, Macradon took the honor of taking down the last couple hounds. The hounds were positioned in a way that would make Macradon's attack much easier. He picked up his pace going into a sprint, he would sprint as fast as possible, getting past the hounds before they could get to Hirru. Macradon went into a neben hut guard, a German term for a mid-low guard. Macradon held his sword behind him at an angle, making it point down into the ground and as the hounds moved on closer, Macradon's sword began to glow. "Here we go!" he said as his body moved by the system. The arms swung the sword horizontally, cleaving through 4 of the hounds at the same time, the Blast sword art made a quick recover and swung equally as strong back, cleaving the damned hounds again. The last hounds was somehow hiding behind its pack, it jumped over its dying friends, over Macradon, to get to Hirru. The hate he had been building up was taking its toll. Macradon who wanted to tank for the team wasn't able to, he hadn't generated enough hate yet.

ID: 42442
BD: 8, hit. Blast 2x1x(8+1)=18 dmg AOE Stun
MD: 7-1=6, hit. 27-15=12

HP List
   Energy: 10/18
Hirru: 52/64 (- 12)
   Energy: 0/16

Enemies:
Hellhound 5:
 -2/30
Hellhound 6: -2/30
Hellhound 7: -2/30
Hellhound 8: -2/30

Edited by Macradon

[Might wanna change those rewards.. they're all Non-Combat Mobs since they are not half of any of our healths.  I've already changed my last post with rewards.]

The hunter would have a smile on his face as everything went as it should.  Most of the dogs were dead, and the team pulled through.  Of course, the last one was still gnawing on his leg, but that was a hindsight that he could live with.  With that being said, he was pretty exhausted.  Trying to do anything was against everything that his body wanted to do.  Seems that going full power on the first batch of enemies wasn't needed, but that was the only way to get them off of Mac.  Also, the added sleep deprivation would take its toll on him.

"Great...job..everyone!  Let's just.. mop this last one up."

Spoiler

[ID: 42445]
[CD: 9] Regen Active +9 hp

HP List
Hirru: 61/64 (+ 9)
   Energy: 1/16 (+1)

Enemies:

Total Treasure:
4 Materials

Edited by Hirru

Shizuka smiled. The battle was progressing in a very nice manner. Indeed, Macradon had finally managed to land a hit and Shizuka was not so busy with her healing this time around. She would just have to continue on healing both players in order to prevent their health from declining in too much of a steep hill. With a sigh, she walked up to Hirru and prepared the heal. Both players were actually quite high on health... But if there is that little damage, Shizuka would go ahead and heal it for them as that is the job of a support. I love this class... The only and most terrible downfall is the fact that I have to be around people all the time. Shizuka thought with a sigh as she lifted up her hands and touched the back of Hirru. He still has the most hate. I shall heal him. Shizuka thought with logic and hence, she activated her <<First Aid>> skill... The skill that she had invested in so much in order to make it most efficient and effective.

ID: 42474
CD: 3+3=6
Skill <<First Aid>> Failed

It was then that she heard the signal of failure for the second time in that day. Indeed, she had found out from playing this game that her luck was equivalent to that of dog poop and she was once again, unable to heal. I have my stats maxed out.... The rest was up to RNG and he wouldn't support me. Shizuka thought disappointedly. What a drag this will turn out to be. She realized if the rest of the day will be as unsteady and unsure as this.

HP List
Hirru: 61/64
   Energy: 1/16

Enemies:

Edited by Shizuka

[If I recall correctly, we don't get any col at all if the mobs don't meet the criteria]

Hirru was lacking energy so he stayed behind and did his thing. He healed his health with some kind of healing ... thing. And he was surprisingly healthy enough to stay alive. Macradon had taken down the 4 from before, so the only thing they had to do now was to take down the last one. Macradon would step to the hound, go into a neben hut guard again, though with a slight variation of the height of the held blade. The sword lit up again but in another color and Macradon viciously spun around 4 times swinging his sword around and cleaved the hound. "Spin to win!" he said as he spun around. The hound had 4 red lines on it that were left behind from Macradon's attack, the hound would split at the 4 lines and turn into smaller polygons only to vanish like a dust in the wind. Macradon would take a deep breath in and look around. "Cerberus! Reveal yourself!" he would say with the most cheesiest voice ever. The ceiling of the cave erupted in flames and a hole in the middle bust out. A three headed dog of hell jumped down from the hole, revealing the boss that they were supposed to fight. "As long as we stay out of its aggro range, we should be safe for now. Let's take a deep breath before we go in, I'll try to hit and gain hate" he'd say for the others. Hirru needed these few seconds to let him regenerate his energy and Macradon wanted to make sure everybody was ready to fight once again.

ID: 42475
BD: 6, hit. Cyclone 4x1x8=32 dmg.

HP List
   Energy: 7/18

Enemies:
Hellhound 9: -2/30 

Edited by Macradon

The hunter was glad that they had slain all of the dogs, as he wouldn't be able to handle another assault like that.  It would be then that a mighty roar would spill forth, announcing the arrival of the Guardian of Fire, Cerberus.  Going towards a far wall, the hunter would lean against it to catch his breath, even though he didn't have to.  It was still an autonomous response to living, but not needed in this world, it seemed.  Taking a look at his team and his own parameters, it would seem that it would take some time for them to regain their energy, especially for himself.  Taking a small potion from his pouch, the hunter would give it to Macradon.  He needed to be the main tank again, as the hunter was not made for taking physical AND status damage.

"Take this Snowfrost.  If Cerberus does have burn damage, this will halve that damage gained."

Spoiler

HP List
Macradon: 78/82
Hirru: 61/64
   Energy: 2/16
Shizuka: 100/100

Edited by Hirru

Shizuka sighed. Indeed, the quest was already taking way too long for her but she knew that the two DPS weren't as high leveled as Calrex when he had completed the quest with her by one-shotting both the minions and the quest boss. And because the DPS of her party weren't that high leveled, she felt the right that she had better ask them whether they needed a rest or something. Both of them had rather a low energy and if she had a skill that allows the healing of energy, Shizuka would've used it. However, she had no such thing and hence she would have to ask them whether they wanted a rest. That's right, no matter how impatient she was to finish this quest which she had already completed, she was still going to make sure that their chances were correct. That's right, this is a team and no matter how depressed Shizuka was and how stressed she was, she must think straight and prepare for the worst. "Your energies are pretty low. Sure you don't want to take a rest?" Shizuka asked. However, she wished that the two would say they didn't need any but she kind of knew that they would go ahead and take a rest due to the fact that they are quite low leveled and their energy drains like a sponge draining water.

HP List
   Energy: 2/16

Shizuka was right. They energy was quite low at the moment. They should properly take some time to regain their energy before engaging the big Cerberus. It wasn't like it was going to aggro all of them at the same time. At least it didn't seem like so. Macradon would keep himself cool at the edge of the big room, trying to stay as far away from the big hound as possible. He wasn't sure how long it would take for him to fully regain his energy, but he should be able to take at least on or two of the heads down with enough damage with his attacks. "Oh, I won't need yours, I have my own" he said to Hirru. He had defeated the Avalanche field boss before and it did yield the Frost Armor that he could use right now against this giant fire beast.

HP List
   Energy: 8/18

Nodding to the both of them, the hunter would stow his potion for another time.  If everything was to go as planned, then they wouldn't need it for Cerberus.  That was one thing, but the other was his lack of energy.  After a few minutes it should replenish itself, but that time would be better spent taking care of the creature.  That or getting its attention long enough for one or both to get their energy up.  Both methods would require them to go into the fray, but while in the party the whole team would be targeted again.  Knowing that it will attack three times out of the one, the hunter figures that if they could para-lock it, then they could easily restore their energy in time.  Unfortunately, his luck with Time's ability wasn't optimal.

"We don't know how long it will just stay there, and I'd say we would rather it not de-spawn.  I don't want to go through that dog pack again."

He would say while watching his energy slowly refill.

"I'm guessing no one has any energy replenishing items then..?"

HP List
Macradon: 82/82
   Energy: 3/16

Shizuka shook her head in annoyance. She was quite sure that she had already told the boy that she didn't have energy replenishing items. Even though the man had said the comment in a joking tone, she was still annoyed that he was complaining about the slow recovery of his health.  Why don't you be a support, Shizuka thought with indignity as she watched the man watch his energy bar in a very anxious manner. It was then that Shizuka decided it would be suitable for her to reply to the man's comment about whether anyone had any sort of energy recovery items as she was obviously the support player of the group. "No." Shizuka replied in a very annoyed fashion before turning her head and staring at the chamber in which the three-headed beast would try and take them down. Of course, Shizuka knew that with her healing and the other two's attacking... The task should be pretty easy. With a sigh, Shizuka put her hood back up and closed her eyes, waiting patiently for the other two's energy to heal while closing herself into an imaginary box where she soon felt a drop of a tear coming from her eyes despite how hard she had tried to keep it in. The past memories were upon her and she did not want to show weaknesses so she turned, even more, to pretend that she was staring at the chamber in order to hide her face from the other two.

HP List
   Energy: 3/16

Edited by Shizuka

Macradon would sigh, no one were having any energy recovering items, nor did he think they did exist as purchasable options. Macradon would calm himself and mentally prepare himself for the battle to come. He would ready his sword and look at the big hound that was close to them. Macradon just needed to get rid of those heads, he could probably take one head out and stun the rest in 2 attacks if he was quick enough and accurate enough to do so. He would also need the healing from Shizuka and the help in damage from Hirru. If they were to succeed in this battle, complete teamwork would be needed. 

Answering his question with a rather annoyed voice, Shizuka, would say that she didn't have anything to help him.  He guessed that he may have hit a nerve or something, as she was already in a bad mood when they began.  The hunter sighed when he knew that Macradon didn't have any, or else he would have used them on either of them, at that point.

"I guess not.."

He would just have to wait until his natural regen would come up.  As time kept going, the regen would finally come to a close.  Fully re-energized, the hunter rolled his shoulders a bit before looking to Shizuka and Macradon.  

"Ready when you are!"

HP List
   Energy: 9/18
   Energy: 16/16 (3 Turns pass/ Regen Full)

Shizuka looked as Macradon's energy was still slowly refilling while Hirru's had indeed recovered completely. Shizuka sighed and fidgeted her fingers as she wiped her face and hid her face under that cloak she had hidden in since that special event located in the floor of the snow... The floor of the cold, the floor of depression. Shizuka had felt quite hot, but her memories of that certain event had managed to cool her down to a point where it was almost cold. Shizuka sighed once more and felt a shiver throughout her body... Something that she hadn't experienced in a long time. A cold?! No. This is a virtual video game. Shizuka thought and then she turned over to the other two. "We should finish this quickly," Shizuka said. "Macradon, your energy should be ready soon. Once it is, lead the way." Shizuka commanded, ready to face the beast from within the chamber that they would have to walk in. That had been the first time in which she had shown her beautiful face since the last few days except in sleep. Indeed, she had taken a cautious approach in hiding her face and here, she had carelessly revealed it... Not that it mattered anyway. Shizuka looked the other way at the chamber. I can't wait to sleep after this.  Shizuka thought.

HP List
   Energy: 9/18
   Energy: 16/16 (3 Turns pass/ Regen Full)

Macradon was ready, his energy had been restored to its fullest. "Here we go!" he said and ran forwards. "Hirru, come with me and either kill the last head or stun them!" he said to Hirru. Macradon went forward and aimed for the middle of the heads as if he could get that one down, he could probably make it easier to take out the other two. He went forward and prepares his sword to unleash his sword art <Astral Hell>, his strongest single target sword art. His sword lit up in a bright light as he got closer to the big hound. He stopped right in front of the big hound, grabbing its attention, all of its attention. He used his sword art, chaining 7 strikes onto the big hound. "Switch!" he called, hoping for Hirru to jump in. Macradon would get out of the way, even though he had the attention of the the heads. "Shizuka, if you would be kind, I'd like you to heal me" he said to Shizuka. The hound did not only ignore his armor but also crit the attack. Macradon could see that a status effect had been added to his health bar, burn damage.

Spoiler

ID: 43295
BD: 7, hit. 7x1x9=63 DMG
MD: 2, miss.

ID: 43296
MD: 10, crit +2. 26 Damage, ignores mitigation.

ID: 43297
MD: 5, miss.

HP List
Macradon: 56/82 + Burn damage
   Energy: 18/18
   Energy: 16/16