PP - F5 Out In The Sun (13th Day of Material Hunting/Gathering) (Teion) (Completed)

As he completed his transaction at the Forged by Sun Calrex gave a wave as he exited the shop, "Huh, maybe I should check and see if I can get some materials to help her shop out. She's made a lot of my gear so far, and quite quickly, so I might as well help her out."

Looking around he gave a calming breath, "I guess I haven't searched the fifth floor so far for a lot of materials, so I can take a shot and see what I can find."

Popping his head back into the blacksmith's shop he gave a wave, "Hey there, I'm actually about to get on collecting some materials. If you'd like you're welcome to join me in searching around this floor for some. If not just let me know how much you need and I can pick some up for you."

"At the last I can take on some monsters to help speed up the process, although I might need to make it a bit easier by removing the Stonewall skill mod."

Swiping on his menu he sent a message over to his wife, Teayre, as well, checking to see if she wanted him to gather any materials for their shared inventory before looking back at the blacksmith in front of him, giving a friendly smile.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As she completed the transaction with Calrex, Teion gave a friendly smile and a wave as he left the shop. His sudden reappearance caught her off guard, but she tilted her head in curiosity as she listened to his offer. She hesitated a moment, of course grateful for his offer, but nervous at the idea of accepting the assistance. 'Pick some up for me? No no no,' Her mind conversed, 'I couldn't ask someone to go and farm materials for me. Although I guess for payment that would be a fair trade... No! I want to gather my own materials. But it's awfully kind of him to offer the help...' Finishing with her internal struggle, Teion gave the man an embarrassed smile with her reply, "Ahh, actually..." The shyness of her own voice bothered her. "I've been incredibly short on materials lately... If it wouldn't be a bother for me to tag along," She brought a balled fist up to her mouth and cleared her throat. "I'd be happy to join you!" She pulled up her menu and quickly pressed a few buttons, swapping her smithing hammer to spawn the large axe that rested behind her.

"Great to hear!"

Calrex gave a friendly smile as the blacksmith said she was feeling up for getting some materials, putting his hands into his jacket pockets as he watched something he was not expecting take place. Since he had only seen the young woman using her blacksmithing hammer, the two-handed axe suddenly appearing caught him off guard as his eyes widened for a second, "The only other person I saw wield an axe that size was Mack. Geezes, well I guess there is some detachment from realism in the game."

Swiping on his own menu he stepped back outside as he equipped the new shield that was created, the Grand Guard, as he tested the shield once again. Moving his arms in a circular pattern the two pieces of the shield attached together in front of him, completing the tower-shield sized slab of metal with a moderately-loud clang. Reversing the motion the two pieces separated once again. As he rested his arms at his sides, the two now buckler sized parts of the shield resting snug against his arms.

"If I use this, that means my Block skill will be active, meaning that I won't have any Evasion during this time. Guess it's as good as time as any to learn how to use it and absorb blows from monsters."

Looking back over he gave a nod, "Alrighty, all set? We can probably head out into the desert area and find some useful materials out there."

• ID#: 41925
  • LD: 6+4=10 (no loot)

Teion smiled, finishing up her equipment swapping and heading outside of the shop. A light breeze ruffled her bangs and the bright sun caused her to squint. She scanned the area just outside of her shop, but since they were still in the city she probably wasn't going to find any materials laying about. She frowned before speaking up, "So, were you planning on farming the mobs outside?" She asked out of curiosity, watching as Calrex took out his shield and displayed the mechanic. Teion gave a small clap and grinned as it transitioned smoothly. "Ahh, you always ask for the most interesting pieces. They're always fun to make."

Edited by Teion

Calrex gave a nod as he watched the young girl look around for some materials, confirming that there were none in the city. When she commented on the most recent piece of equipment he had requested he gave a nod, "I'm glad they're enjoyable. I'm mostly playing around with equipment respective to the various skills I'm gaining while earning Skill Points."

Directing her towards the gates of the city the bluenette gave a nod, "Yeah, it's not exactly as safe as searching for materials in the environment, but it seems to be the fastest way to farm them outside of retaking the Earning A Living quest."

ID: 41926
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to Howl)
Mob Dice: 6
<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

Right after exiting the city Calrex gave a calming breath he drew the Grand Blade from its sheath as he raised the sword high, activating his <<Howl>> skill, focusing on a group of lizards that were roaming the desert. Bringing his glowing blue sword down onto the sand the impact resonated outwards from the striking point, the soundwave passing over them.

The four lizards immediately attacked the Ultramarine Knight as he gave a quick smirk. Quickly repeating his movement the Grand Guard formed as he quickly shoved each to the side with the formed tower shield before breaking it apart once again.

"I won't be able to use Meteor Break with the shield equipped, but I can still use Lightning Fall."

HP List
(Hate: 3) Calrex: 282/286 (55 DMG (4) - 65 MIT (4) = 4 Minimum Damage)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1:
143/143
Sand Lizard 2: 143/143
Sand Lizard 3: 143/143
Sand Lizard 4: 143/143
DMG: 55
MIT: 36

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42022
  • LD: 13+4=17 (1 crafting material) (1 mat total)

Teion nodded in agreement; although she still considered herself a low-level player, the times she had managed to take down monsters were usually the most profitable. She tapped a finger to her chin, 'I just have to get a stronger weapon, I think. Maybe some accuracy gear...' Her thoughts began to drift, and before she knew it they were outside of the city. Calrex wasted little time and found a suitable group of enemies to start farming. Teion drew her axe, observing the situation before she froze up. She hadn't really thought about it before--she knew Calrex was a higher level than her, but she had never asked exactly what level he was. 'Th-they have over a hundred HP...' The blacksmith swallowed, not sure if the man expected her to join the fight or stay out of it. She absently shifted to the side, feeling something solid under her boot, and she looked down to spot a stray material partially hidden in the sands. She awkwardly knelt down to pick it up. Feeling a bit embarrassed, she hoped Calrex wouldn't mind if she left the fighting to him.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42031
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 1 
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 45 Remaining)

As the lizards came at him once again Calrex gave a calming breath as he readied himself for their attacks. However, this time around the Grand Guard held fast as the lizards seemed to harmlessly smash into the deep-sea blue piece of metal. With the opening presenting itself he gave a quick exhale before rushing forward.

Breaking the Grand Guard into its separate parts once again he drew the new weapon he had just obtained from the quest he undertook with Teayre, Ariel, and Zandra, the Darkened Blade. As the black and grey straight sword extracted from its sheath it seemed to glow with an eerie light before it was completely engulfed in the dark purple aura of his <<Shadow Explosion>> Sword Art. Activating <<Charge>> as well he quickly shot even faster forward before unleashing the barrage of nine slashes on the first lizard, taking away more than half of its health.

"I guess she's going to stay out of this fight. That's alright, I should have more than enough energy to take out a couple of these things before I need to recover. Now that I think of it...have I even gotten her name? I know I introduced myself..."

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 282/286
   Energy: 45/54 (-9)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
62/143 (7+1+2+3 DMG * 9 Art - 36 = 81 DMG)
Sand Lizard 2: 143/143
Sand Lizard 3: 143/143
Sand Lizard 4: 143/143

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42099
  • LD: 4+4=8 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion stood rather awkwardly, gripping her axe in both hands as she watched Calrex fight the lizards. She was still frozen in place, now watching in awe as his sword glowed a menacing purple. As the sword art activated and he dealt a massive amount of damage to the monster, Teion's eyes widened. 'This is the power of a high-level player...' She thought, far beyond impressed. She wanted to give a look around her and at least begin properly searching for materials, but as the man completed his attack she found it impossible to look away from the fight.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42405
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3) = 5 (Disregarded Due to item Switch)
Mob Dice: 10 (+2 Damage)
Item Switch: Unequipped Grand Guard (Regained Access to MA Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> / Overhealth Reduced by 5 and MIT reduced by 5 / 1 Energy Recovered / 46 Remaining)

As Calrex quickly planted his stance the four lizards leapt at him once again, their teeth biting onto the Grand Guard. However, because of his arm positioning he was unable to get another hit as he quickly threw them off. Separating the shield into its two pieces he gave a calming breath, "Since I'm the only one fighting, increasing my mitigation by a small amount isn't doing any good. I need access to Meteor Break if I'm going to speed up this battle."

Swiping quickly on his menu the two pieces vanished from his forearms as he felt some of his flexibility return once again. Lowering his stance he faced his foes, "Alright, time to use all of my abilities."

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 278/286 (55+2 DMG (4) - 65 MIT (4) = 4 Minimum Damage)
   Energy: 46/54 (+1)
Stat Changes
HP Reduced to 273/281
EVA Increased to 2
MIT Reduced to 60

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
62/143

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42471
  • LD: 2+4=6 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion finally sheathed her axe behind her, relaxing a bit as Calrex seemed to have everything under control. Reminding herself yet again that he was a much higher level than her, and seeing as he hardly had a scratch on him so far, the girl instead focused on her original task of finding materials. The sands were pretty barren; she'd only occasionally find loose materials when the sandstorms disturbed an area and revealed hidden treasure. Even that was a rare sight for her, though. Teion scanned around her, seeing nothing of interest, and glanced back up to the battle every so often during her search.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42498
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to No Action Taken)
Craft Dice: 10 (Meditation Success / Negative Effects Removed + 5% HP Recovery)
Mob Dice: 3 (Evasion +2) = 1
<<Meditation>> Activated (1 Energy Recovered / 47 Remaining)

Weaving around the lizards once again Calrex gave a calming breath as he quickly focused, "Best not go rushing in just yet. I need to be sure I strike at the opportune moment."

Closing his eyes for a second he triggered his <<Meditation>> skill, seeing his HP bar climb back to max, completely neutralizing all of the past damage that was inflicted on him by the lizards. Readying the Darkened Blade he faced forward, preparing his advance once again,

HP List
(Hate: 4) Calrex: 281/281 (14 HP Recovered)
   Energy: 47/54 (+1)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
62/143

Edited by Calrex

Teion continued to idly search around in the sand, keeping an eye on Calrex's fight every so often. He seemed to be preparing for something, and she grew more and more curious as to what it would be. While diverting her attention back and forth, the blacksmith suddenly jumped in surprise as she hear a chattering noise at her feet. In her search for materials, she seemed to have quite literally stumbled upon a small group of scorpions that began to circle her. She reacted as quickly as she could, pulling out her axe in a fast movement and gauging the monsters' distance from her. She planted her feet firmly in the sand and readied a sword art. Bringing the blade around, she struck each enemy dead-on, dropping each HP bar to zero.

'Huh, guess they were just little ones.' She thought, distancing herself from the area as she she gathered the materials they dropped. She opted to keep her axe in hand as she walked. She wasn't eager to see if a mother scorpion was lurking about nearby. 

--Combat Details--

Spoiler

Pack of 4 Scorpions-- HP: 10 DMG: 4 MIT: 3

• ID#: 42716
  • BD: 9 (Critical Success)
    • Lumberjack Activated
  • LD: 18+4=22 (4 crafting materials) (5 mats total)
  • Teion's HP: 44/44
    • EP: 11/11 -> 5/11
  • Scorpions' HP: ([4+1] * 3 = 15 - 4 MIT = 11 AoE DMG)
    • #1: 10/10 -> 0/10 -Dead-
    • #2: 10/10 -> 0/10 -Dead-
    • #3: 10/10 -> 0/10 -Dead-
    • #4: 10/10 -> 0/10 -Dead-

Edited by Teion

ID: 42764
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10 (Fallen Damage Triggered)
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2) = 5
Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered 37 Remaining)

With his evasiveness returned Calrex quickly avoided the barrage of attacks from the lizards before giving a calming breath, "Time for one to go down."

Rushing forward he activated his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art, rapidly slamming the lizard with tackles before riddling it with numerous cuts, ending his attack with a fierce vertical slash. As the lizard burst into crystals the bluenette gave a quick sigh of relief, redirecting his attention to the remaining three.

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 715 col (Mob HP 143 * 5 col = 715)

HP List
(Hate: 5) Calrex: 281/281
   Energy: 37/54 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
-4/143 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art - 55 MIT = 66 DMG)

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42802
  • LD: 2+4=6 (no loot) (5 mats total)
  • Teion's EP: 5/11 -> 6/11 (1)

Axe still in hand, Teion roamed around the open desert, making sure not to stray too far from the blue-haired man. Her gaze lingered on the battle longer in between her search as it looked like he was preparing another strong attack. His sword glowed brightly, and as he unleashed a massive attack on the injured lizard, she stood still and watched in awe. The creature's health shot down to zero and it burst into dissolving pixels. A smile crept over her face as she admired the man's strength, but she quickly remembered the task at hand and got back to searching for materials.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42805
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +2) = 7 (+1 Damage)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 27 Remaining)

As the battle continued Calrex looked as the three remaining lizards managed to latch onto his armor again, but he quickly shrugged them off, giving a calming breath before immediately targeting the second lizard. Flying forward he activated <<Meteor Break>> once again as he unleashed the attack, eliminating more than half of the monster's health bar before leaping back.

Looking down at the Darkened Blade he gave a sigh as he saw the lessened amount of damage, even though it was a critical hit, "This is certainly an odd mechanic for this weapon. It really is oriented towards high accuracy builds, but it makes gaining criticals fairly useless. I think it might balance out more if I didn't have this accuracy boost from it, but another damage boost."

As he watched the three lizards he contemplated his next move.

"I hope she isn't getting bored waiting for me to finish this fight. Geezes I was not expecting it to take this long."

HP List
(Hate: 6) Calrex: 278/281 (55+1 (3) DMG - 60 (3) MIT = 3 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 27/54 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
-4/143 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art - 36 MIT = 66 DMG)
Sand Lizard 2: 69/143 (7+2+1 DMG * 11 Art -36 MIT = 74 DMG)

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42808
  • LD: 9+4=13 (no loot) (5 mats total)
  • Teion's EP: 6/11 -> 7/11 (2)

Instead of scanning the surface of the desert, Teion found a nice spot and squatted down to plant the handle of her axe firmly into the sand. As a crude shovel, she shifted the weapon, poking and prodding into the ground in an attempt to unearth something useful. A minute passed and she hadn't found a thing, so she stood up, brushed her pant legs, and moved a few paces over to another location. Repeating the process, she started loosely digging again.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42810
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 17 Remaining)

Calrex gritted his teeth as another series of bites rained on his arms as the lizards latched onto his armor once again. Giving a calming breath he quickly threw them off, targeting the second lizard once again. Activating <<Meteor Break>> he rushed forward, unleashing yet another barrage of golden cuts before eliminating it with another falling slash.

Looking over he saw that his teammate was busy digging holes in the sand, feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head, "Guess I really might be dragging this fight out a little."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 715 col (Mob HP 143 * 5 col = 715)

HP List
(Hate: 7) Calrex: 275/281 (55+1 (3) DMG - 60 (3) MIT = 3 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 17/54 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
-4/143 (7+4 DMG * 11 Art - 36 MIT = 66 DMG)
Sand Lizard 2: -3/143 (7+4+1 DMG * 9 Art -36 MIT = 72 DMG)

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 42818
  • LD: 4+4=8 (no loot) (5 mats total)
  • Teion's EP: 7/11 -> 11/11 (3)

With this method proving even less fruitful than the last, Teion frowned. Either the fifth floor was the least kind to her for material hunting, or her luck today was just rotten. The girl scowled and stood up straight, stretching her legs as they had begun to grow stiff. She looked over to the blue-haired man still in combat, mesmerized as he landed another solid blow and brought another lizard down to zero health. 'Two down...' She thought with a small smile. She considered lending her aid again, but only for a short moment as she sized up her enemies again. Their total health over tripled her own, she decided she was better off gathering with the more boring method.

Edited by Teion

ID: 42864
Battle Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 7 Remaining)

As the battle continued on Calrex looked as he saw the two remaining lizards leap forward. Trying to move to the side the bluenette felt that his leg slid out from a unstable part of the dunes. Being temporarily unable to move he braced for impact as the monsters clamped onto his arms again before he threw them to the side. Quickly using his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art once again he charged forward, ripping into the third creature as he slashed and slammed into the creature with his combo.

Taking off another half of the creature's health bar he gave a calming breath, looking at his energy levels, "Well great, looks like I'm running low on energy again."

HP List
(Hate: 8) Calrex: 273/281 (55+1 (2) DMG - 60 (2) MIT = 2 Minimum DMG)
   Energy: 7/54 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Sand Lizard 1: 
-4/143
Sand Lizard 2: -3/143 (7+4+1 DMG * 9 Art -36 MIT = 72 DMG)
Sand Lizard 3: 71/143 (7+4+1 DMG * 9 Art - 36 MIT = 72 DMG)

Edited by Calrex
  • ID#: 43454
  • LD: 6+4=10 (no loot) (5 mats total)

Teion found herself continuing to get distracted from her material hunt, although she wasn't having any luck to speak of anyway. She watched with interest as Calrex unleashed sword art after sword art, using the same attack that finished the last lizard to bring down the third's by half. She resisted the urge to give a little clap, and instead went back to digging.

Teion let out a small sigh, standing up to stretch her legs again and sheath her axe behind her. Placing her hands on her hips, the woman went back to walking across the desert sands, looking for anything of interest that might catch her eye.

Edited by Teion