SP - F5 Striker / Defender (Sub Dungeon Exploration) (Completed)

"Alright, a third trip looking for dungeons. First with Teayre, and the second with Lowenthal. I guess now would be a safe time to try out a dungeon on my own. If things get hairy I can play it safe. From what I remember of the broker's information only the most dangerous dungeons can actually block the usage of teleport crystals."

As Calrex appeared in the fifth floor settlement of Armadillo he gave a calming breath as he looked outwards towards the gates of the safe zone. This time he was fully clad in his Grand Chariot: Legacy armor, the Darkened Blade, Amethyst Charm, and Tide Pendant. Resting his arms at his sides he started his trek towards the gate as he looked upwards, seeing that his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, had materialized as the bird of prey flew ahead.

"Now the question is when or if I can find one quickly."

Exiting out of the settlement the Ultramarine Knight looked out at the endless waves of sand, the grains being blown in massive clouds. If things had gotten more fierce he would have expected dust devils to start traveling across the expanse.

"Let's hope this goes well."

Edited by Calrex
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Implementing Danger Levels. On modified rolls below 10 it increases by 1, and once full an encounter spawns

ID: 42317
Loot Dice: 5 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 8 (Danger Level +1)

Stepping out into the field zones Calrex put his hands behind his head as he looked left and right, "So I need to keep an eye out for any potential areas that might be suitable for sub-dungeons to be located. Darn it, if only I still had Reveal, this would probably be a lot easier."

Roc gave a screech overhead as the armored player looked left and right, "That was definitely an alert noise Roc just made. There's monsters in the area..."

Slowly reaching back as he grasped the hilt of the Darkened Blade he gave a calming breath, scanning the scenery with his eyes, panning left and right while also checking his peripherals, "It's been a while since I've gone out into the fields zones like this. Hope I'm not too rusty. At the least if combat comes into play I should have more than enough strength to take down anything that comes my way."

Danger Level: 1/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42318
Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 9 (Danger Level +1)

As the Ultramarine Knight continued forward Calrex continued looking around for potential materials, as well as any monsters that were lurking about, "I guess I should have expected I wouldn't have much luck finding materials in a desert..."

Looking behind him the bluenette cursed under his breath as he heard movement a close distance away, "Well, so much for avoiding monsters. I should probably pick up the pace and cover some more distance before they catch up."

Releasing the hilt lock on his sword he partially pulled out the Darkened Blade as he sped up into a light jog, continuing to keep his head on a swivel as he moved forward, "Knowing my luck right now, it's more likely than not I'm going to be fighting this creature when it catches up."

Danger Level: 2/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42320
Loot Dice: 1 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 4 (Danger Level +1 / Encounter Activated)
Battle Dice: 2 (Accuracy +3 / Disguise +1) = 6
Mob Dice: 7 (Evasion +2 / Disguise +1) = 4
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated / <<Disguise>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 43 Remaining)

As Calrex got a few minutes out at his jogging pace his ears picked up on movement in the sand as he gave a calming breath, "Well, guess I was right..."

Looking back he saw a long stretch of sand that seemed to be mounded up, like a worm trail through the dirt, "Alright then, basing this on the cryptid I'm assuming."

Drawing the Darkened Blade he watched as the dark gray and black weapon left its sheath, pulsating with energy. Looking forward the oversized worm rose up from the depths of the sands. Not wasting a single second he activated <<Charge>>, quickly also triggering his <<Disguise>> skill. His armored self seemed to shift as his helmet vanished, revealing a young fair female face, along with long red hair. His straight sword lengthened as it turned into a o-dachi length katana. Within a second he had completed the illusion of his wife, Teayre.

As the worm was caught off guard by the technique Calrex quickly unleashed his <<Meteor Break>> Sword Art, rapidly tackling and cutting the worm before knocking it back with a leaping fall slash.

Right as his attack completed he gave a calming breath, looking to see the illusion beginning to fade, "Alright, opening strike successful."

Danger Level: 3/3 (Encounter Active)

HP List
Calrex: 286/286
   Energy: 43/54 (-11)

Enemies:
Roaming Death Worm
: 14/143 (7+4+1+3 * 11 Art - 36 MIT = 129 DMG)
DMG: 50
MIT: 36

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42329
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 11 (+1 Damage)
Mob Dice: 2 (Evasion +2) = 0
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Bonus Loot)
Sword Art <<Deadly Sins>> Activated (7 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 37 Remaining)

With Calrex's opening attack complete the giant worm attempted to strike him with its multiple claws riddling its body, but this proved futile, as even with his reduced Evasion from the Stonewall skill mod, the Ultramarine Knight was still more than fast enough to avoid the attack. With a smirk he gave a calming breath, leaping back as his illusion simultaneous dissipated.

Planting his stance he activated his <<Deadly Sins>> Sword Art, the light purple glow surrounding the black edge of the Darkened Blade. However, it seemed the weapon's inherent abilities did not activate, as the aura was not overtaken by the near black hue of the sword. Quickly closing the distance Calrex quickly unleashed the seven stabs into the worm's body, eliminating it as it dissipated into crystals.

Giving a calming breath the bluenette resheathed his sword, looking around while he checked the loot, "Cool, more materials and col. I can put this into our shared inventory so that we're just that much closer to the house."

Loot List:
1 Material
Bonus Loot: 1 Material + 715 col (Mob HP 143 * 5 col = 715)

HP List
Calrex: 286/286
   Energy: 43/54 (-7+1)

Enemies:
Roaming Death Worm
: -6/143 (7+1 * 7 Art - 36 MIT = 20 DMG)
DMG: 50
MIT: 36

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42330
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

After the conclusion of the worm battle, Calrex continued his search for materials and sub-dungeons. Keeping his arms at his sides the deep-sea blue armored players he continued to scan the dunes for any sign of his targets, "Still no luck so far. I guess I'll need to move further away from the settlement if I'm going to have any luck of finding it."

Feeling the heat starting to beat down on his armor, even with the <<Survival>> skill, Calrex gave a small sigh as he swiped on his menu, swapping out the Grand Chariot: Legacy for the Grand Dragoon. As the full-body armor vanished, being replaced by the barebones armor fitting over his casual combat clothing he shook his head to help move his hair out of his face.

Danger Level: 0/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42331
Loot Dice: 7 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 10 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As he moved further and further away from Armadillo, Calrex saw that the settlement was beginning to fade in the distance due to the ambient heat waves blurring and distorting the images more and more as he continued his pace, "Well, I suppose a sub dungeon wouldn't be a safe distance from the settlement, especially if it's the type you can easily exit at any time."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he glanced up at Roc to see if the falcon had detected any other threats, but with the ambient noise void of any screeches he relaxed his guard ever so slightly.

"The only question is depending on the level of dungeon I find, what should I do if I make it through and get enough skill points to invest it in something. Should I get another mod, or get started working on one of my first rank skills?"

Danger Level: 0/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42408
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6 (Danger Level +1)

However, it seemed his respite from combat was going to be cut short as soon after he lowered his guard, Calrex heard Roc let out another warning screech indicating another approaching enemy, "Geeze, already? I guess there's more monsters hidden in these sands than I thought..."

Temporarily going into another light jog he could hear the pieces of the armor making small clinking noises with each impact onto the ground. As he got a decent distance away the bluenette looked to see he was approaching a strange bit of territory: Looking out over the top of a dune was a long expanse that was littered with dust devils moving left and right, causing the sand to fly about almost like a massive storm.

Cursing under his teeth he quickly switched back to the Grand Chariot: Legacy as the helmet protected his eyes from the flying grains, "Here we go again."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42409
Loot Dice: 8 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 11 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

Sliding down into the mini-tornado filled area, Calrex reflexively squinted his eyes before they fully opened as he remembered his helmet would shield his eyes from the airborne sand. As he continued his trek across the expanse it seemed the weight of his armor was assisting him with staying grounded. A few times a dust devil actually hovered over him, but was unable to lift him up, although he was unable to proceed forward until it fully passed.

"Well...I certainly wasn't expecting to have to deal with weather conditions. At least these can't kill you, to my knowledge. Normally in heavy swirling wind areas like this one would expect some kind of secret boss or something, but I guess in this case it's just part of the theme."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42418

Continuing to make his way through the dust devil heavy area Calrex gave a couple of calming breath as he pushed against the rapidly swirling winds that were circling around him. With such a high concentration of the phenomena around him he was certain that there should have been some form of air deprivation, but he figured the game combined with his <<Survival>> skill was allowing him to continue forward.

"Geeze this goes on for a while. I can barely see my hand in front of my face. How much further is it until I'm finally out of this area?"

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42420
Loot Dice: 19 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

After some more time trudging through the mini-tornado infested area Calrex finally found the end of the zone as he stepped out into a eerily quiet area. The stretch of sand was devoid of wind or any form of ambient noise, like someone had muted his hearing or something to that effect.

"Well...this is different..."

Looking down he found what appeared to be a piece of a giant worm, "I guess this might be useful for bait once I finally get back to my fishing."

Swiping on his menu he added the chunk of flesh to his inventory, giving a calming breath. Looking up he saw Roc rematerialize, most likely because the area they were previously in was too dangerous to fly about. The Ultramarine Knight suspected that his companion didn't even enter the area, instead flying around and reuniting with him on this side.

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42453
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As the two continued to make their way across the endless dunes of the fifth floor. Giving a calming breath Calrex made his way back up another hill before sliding down the other side. Swiping on his menu again the bluenette swapped back out to his Grand Dragoon armor. As his face reappeared after the switch he wiped some of the sweat forming on his brow.

"Geezes...how much longer is it gonna be before I finally find a sub dungeon?"

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42795
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As more time passed by Calrex gave another sigh as he pressed further onwards through the desert, "I swear by the time I find a dungeon I'll be on the other side of Aincrad."

Looking upwards he saw Roc continuing to fly overhead, although with the bird's absence of any warning screeches gave the bluenette some relief. As he continued to scan the dunes he tried to spy any signs of potential entrances to a sub dungeon, still finding nothing in sight as he put his hands back into his jacket pockets.

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42807
Loot Dice: 11 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 14 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

Calrex gave a sigh as he continued to scan the area, but as he looked to one side he saw what appeared to be a dust storm forming to his right, "Shoot...guess I'll need to take some shelter for now."

Quickly moving to a nearby dune he crouched low, quickly changing to the Grand Chariot: Legacy as the full body armor covered his entire body, his eyes indicated by the light blue slits on the helmet. "Geezes how much further do I need to go? This dungeon is certainly not making itself easy to find, but I wasn't expecting this much time wasted wandering around."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42866
Loot Dice: 17 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 20 (Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As the dust storm hit Calrex widened his eyes in surprise as he felt himself more than capable of enduring the fierce winds that carried the massive amounts of sand across the dunes, hearing the small grains bouncing off the Grand Chariot: Legacy with rapid frequency. It almost sounded like someone was pouring sand into a metal tray in a quiet room. However, as he continued to endure something seemed to come flying towards him. Reaching up he caught Roc as the bird passed by, the blue peregrine falcon shaking its head.

"Guess you forgot to dematerialize this time."

Looking down into Roc's talon the armored player saw what appeared to be a reflective stone. Picking it up he quickly inspected it, seeing it to actually be of useable quality for artisans. Adding it to his inventory he gave a nod to his familiar, who prompt dematerialized in his hand.

"Now to keep riding out this storm."

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42909
Loot Dice: 18 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 21 (Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

Continuing to keep his body low to the ground during the dust storm Calrex gave a few calming breaths as he slowly moved step by step across the dunes. At this point it seemed he was in the heart of the storm, being unable to see a foot past his face once again. However, as he felt something larger than a grain hit his foot he looked down, seeing yet another reflective rock as he picked it up and added the object to his inventory.

"Alright, finally some luck. Let's just hope I don't burn it up before I get a chance to find this sub-dungeon."

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42911
Loot Dice: 15 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 18 (Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As Calrex continued to move forward the rapidly spinning winds began to cease, the heavy blanket of sand starting to settle and clear his vision. It was only a few minutes later the the endless desert was back to how it originally was, as if the dust storm had never happened. Only moments later Roc rematerialized as the bluenette dusted some sand off of his armor, switching back out to the Grand Dragoon.

"Alright, that's done and over with. Hm?"

Looking down he saw what appeared to be a small baby burrowing worm attached to his pants. Plucking it up he saw it was an infant version of the monster that had attacked him previously, "This should make a good piece of bait."

Adding the creature to his inventory he gave a calming breath before continuing to move forward.

Loot List:
1 Material

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42916
Loot Dice: 8 (Accuracy +3) = 11 (No Materials Found / Danger Level Stable)

As he pressed further Calrex saw that the many dunes that populated the desert seemed to become more and more sparse, "Well...this is certainly different. Normally hills are formed as a result of the wind and various weather conditions that are present in the desert. For an area to be void of dunes..."

Gently resting his hand on his sword he continued to move forward. Roc soared ahead, giving so far no signs of incoming monsters. "Good so far. Let's just hope this keeps up..."

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42917
Loot Dice: 6 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 9 (No Materials Found / Danger Level +1)

It seemed the long stretch of encounterless time seemed to come to an end as Calrex heard Roc let out a warning screech, "Tch, great..."

Giving a calming breath the Ultramarine Knight broke into a steady jog, continuing to keep his sword hand locked around the Grand Blade as he covered a decent amount of distance on the flat stretch of sand. After what he felt to be a decent distance the bluenette gave a final sigh of relief as he slowed back down to a steady walking stride.

"Great, still no dungeon in sight, and now I've got another monster on my butt. This is going...about as well as I was expecting it to be."

Putting his hands back into his pockets Calrex continued forward, rubbing the back of his head before he continued to glance left and right, trying to spy a hint of any form of an entrance to the dungeon.

Danger Level: 2/3

Edited by Calrex

ID: 42919
Loot Dice: 16 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 19 (Beginner Dungeon Found)

"Guess I'm having no lu...gah!"

Right as Calrex was about to give up looking suddenly he felt the sand beneath his foot give way, with his body suddenly following after as he fell through what appeared to be a sinkhole in the sand. Falling a short distance he looked below to see the rocky ground growing closer and closer. Luckily enough his evasiveness wasn't currently hindered by the Grand Guard and his Block ability as he quickly rotated his body so that his feet touched the floor.

With the weight of his body following soon after the bluenette dropped into a one-knee crouching stance, the sand that feel through with him cascading around as he stood up, dusting off some of the grains as he fell on his shoulders, "Well, I guess this wasn't exactly what I was expecting in an entryway, but it's a good way to keep a dungeon hidden."

Edited by Calrex