[SHOP-F1] Midnight Armory (Blacksmith)

5077480717_c396b87838_z.jpg

Located in the Town of Beginnings, cozily tucked away in the middle of a street lined with other player run shops, the Midnight Armory existed.  The storefront was nondescript and quaint; you wouldn't even know it was a blacksmith if not for the glow of the forge illuminating the shop at all hours of the night.  Outside, a small little wooden sign was hung above the door, emblazoned with a crescent moon and the words "Midnight Armory" in charred black.  Inside, on the other hand, was an absolute mess--it was painfully obvious that this shop was run by a novice blacksmith, the very same one who was tucked away in the back, tempering a sword with furious strikes from his smithing hammer.

[Blacksmith info]
Weapons ¤ Shields ¤ Heavy Armor ¤ Tools
7 Crafts a Day
Crafting with "Midnight Hammer" (+1 CD)

EXP: 425/640

[Current Inventory]

Spoiler

Tier 1 - Weapons

• Two-handed Straight Sword - Ettard (+2 DMG)

Tier 1 - Heavy Armor

• Heavy Gauntlets of Healing (+2 Regen)

Tier 1 - Shields

• The Great Wall (+18 Mitigation)

Tier 2 - Weapons

• Two-handed Straight Sword - Skullsplitter (+4 DMG)

Tier 2 - Heavy Armor

• Nothing!

Tier 2 - Shields

• Nothing!

[Place an order!]

Spoiler

Name: 
Profession: Blacksmith
Item Type: 
Quality: 
Enhancements: 
Description: 

[Pricing]

Good: 250 Col or 1 material.
Uncommon: 500 col or 2 materials.
Rare: 1500 col or 6 materials.
Perfect: 2000 col or 8 materials.
Tips are always welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Ishida
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ishida scratched his head as he looked around his disorganized space.  There was a disproportionate amount of scrap lying about in comparison to actual wares and while that may have made the place look more busy than it actually was--it was a sham.  Rather than clean up and make the place look presentable, however, the teen headed straight over to his anvil and proceeded to get to work.  A single material was selected and placed upon the cool face of the anvil, where it rested until he went through the motions of selecting his make and build and clobbering it with his heavy hammer.

• ID# 42433
  • CD: 9 (Good item)

Hey, it was a sword.  It wasn't anything fancy but it was a solid piece of craftsmanship.  While he was looking in his crafting menu while debating how next to proceed, he noticed that he had only one more daily crafting attempt left.  As he was still without a new weapon of his own, he figured it would be in his best interest to keep gambling on smithing straight swords until he found a suitable replacement for his starter one.  So, the same as before, he laid out a material on his anvil and laid into it with his hammer.

• ID# 42434
  • CD: 5 (Bad item)
  • LD: 20 (Salvaged)

Ew.  Not a great success but at least he was able to retain his materials.

[-1 Material, +1 Good item]

Edited by Ishida

A new day, two more chances to bang out something great.  Ishida meticulously shifted through the menus to select the particular material he desired to work with as well as how he intended to transform it.  Steadily, he raised his hammer into the air and swiftly drew it down to collide with the properly positioned material.  A single, loud clang echoed throughout his workshop as he struck the metal, which immediately began to take the shape of something new.

• ID# 42501
  • CD: 9 (Good item)

Another average sword.  Not bad--more experience for the beginner.  He acquired that particular weapon and laid out another material, only to repeat the same process before of slamming down his hammer in hopes of creating something spectacular.

• ID# 42502
  • CD: 11 (Rare item)

"Oh?  Oh, what is this?" Ishida questioned as he examined the straight sword he created.  It seemed to be a cut above the rest and most certainly was far better than what he was currently equipped with.  However, he wasn't able to properly appraise it at the time--he would have to get it checked out by someone else.  It was certainly a rush to craft something significant.

[-2 Materials, +1 Good item, +1 Rare item, +7 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Back to work.  After the moderate success he achieved yesterday, Ishida was excited to get back to work smithing away.  While the memories of his failures were still fresh in his brain, he wasn't going to let that deter him from pressing on.  With the material down on the anvil, the raven-haired swordsman went to task and brought his mallet down with a firm swing.

• ID# 42594
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

Clang!  The sound of his hammer connecting with the material resonated throughout the entire shop.  The weapon that formed was nothing more than an average, run of the mill curved sword.  Ishida shrugged.  It could have been worse.

He set up his next material and took another empowered swing at the ingot.

• ID# 42595
  • CD: 7 (Bad item)
  • LD: 7 (No salvage)

Ishida jinxed himself.  It could have been worse--and it was.  His material broke into a thousand pieces like his hammer had connected with glass.  What a bummer.

[-2 Materials. +1 Good item, +3 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Practice makes perfect?  I don't know if that's the exact anecdote that fits crafting based on an RNG system but the illusion behind it is what kept Ishida going.  It was time again for him to try his hand at scoring some decent crafts.  What would his results be today?

• ID# 42699
  • CD: 2 (Bad item; No salvage)

• ID# 42700
  • CD: 8 (Good item)

[-2 Materials, +1 Good item, +3 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Work never stopped, even for Christmas.  Ishida was back in his shop slamming away at materials to fine hone his craft.  Slowly but surely, he was getting better.

• ID# 43194

• ID# 43195
  • CD: 7 (Bad item)
  • LD: 7 (No salvage)

Not impressive.  Tomorrow was another day, however.

[-2 Materials, +2 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Judging by his current EXP, it looked like no matter what--Ishida was leveling up today. Hopefully some good, crafted loots were in store for him, as well!

• ID# 43263

• ID# 43263
  • CD: 6 (Bad item)
  • LD: 10 (No salvage)

[-2 Materials. +2 EXP. Level up to Blacksmith Rank 2: Apprentice Blacksmith!]

Leveling up awarded Ishida with a third daily craft and the ability to craft shields.  With his new knowledge, and his final craft for the day, he attempted to make a strong shield worthy of adventuring.

• ID# 43265
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item!)

Oh, and what a shield he made!  It was, quite simply, a masterpiece.  He couldn't wait to get it appraised!

[-1 Material. +8 EXP.  +1 Perfect item.]

Edited by Ishida
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to work!  Ishida had been granted a reprieve in his blacksmithing duties due to running out of materials but after some successful farming with a new companion, he was back in the saddle and ready to hammer out some items.  Ready to begin, he laid down his materials and went to town on producing some (hopefully) quality items.  He really needed a new straight sword--damage wasn't great when you couldn't hit your target.

• ID# 44423
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item!)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 44424
  • CD: 11 (Rare item!)(+5 EXP)

Level up!  An illumination overtook Ishida's entire avatar as his Blacksmith trade leveled up to level 3.  An enormous smile pulled the corners of his lips as he zipped through his menus and found he possessed the knowledge to create Heavy Armor now as well as the privilege of creating an extra craft for the day.  Excited, he went back to work in an attempt to make his first piece of armor.

• ID# 44425
  • CD: 12 (Perfect item!)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 44426
  • CD: 4 (Bad item)(+1 EXP)
  • LD: 10 (No salvage)

Despite that last craft, Ishida wrote today off as a huge success!

[Total: -4 Material, +2 Perfect items, +1 Rare item, +22 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Ishida swiped his hand through the air, running his fingers through his inventory until a bottle of water appeared in his hand.  The teen blacksmith uncorked the bottle and immediately brought the curved lip to his mouth, dulling his thirst with the cold liquid that rolled out.  "Whew!" he exclaimed as he peeled the water away and in the same motion, wiped the sweat from his brow.  It was hard work being a Blacksmith; not only that, it was hot work.  However, that did not deter him from keeping up with it.  The usefulness of the trade had far outweighed the inconveniences that came with it.

Getting ready for the day, he prepared the materials required for his daily crafts and then went to work.

• ID# 44530
  • CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 44531
  • CD: 5 (Bad item)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 44532
  • CD: 6 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 44533
  • CD: 1 (MEGA FAIL)(+1 EXP)

It was not a good day.

[Total: -4 Materials, +1 Good Item, +5 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Today would be a better day.  Ishida wasn't so much concerned with producing great crafts as his equipment was okay where it was but he wanted that experience to further his trade.  With his hammer in hand and materials at the ready, he began going through the creation of his daily crafts.

• ID# 44651
  • CD: 8 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 44652
  • CD: 11 (Rare item)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 44653
  • ID# 44654
  • CD: 1 (Critical fail)(+1 EXP)

[Total: -4 Materials, +1 Rare item, +9 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Time for Ishida's daily crafting.  After the lack of success yesterday, he hoped today would be more profitable.

• ID# 44750
  • LD: 17 (Salvage)
  • ID# 44751
  • ID# 44752
  • CD: 8 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 44753
  • CD: 9 (Good item)(+2 EXP)

[Total: -3 Materials. +1 Rare item. +10 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Ishida had a couple of rare items he could get appraised but he didn't really see the sense in it until he had a perfect or two to get checked along with them.  At this point, rare equipment did very little for him but that's how it went the further you got along in Aincrad.

• ID# 44813
  • CD: 7 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 44814

Rank up to Rank 4 Experienced Blacksmith!

• ID# 44815
  • CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 44816
  • CD: 9 (Uncommon item)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 44817
  • CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)

[Total: -5 Materials. +1 Rare item. +1 Uncommon item. +12 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Floor One, it was odd to have been on this floor for as long as she had become a frontline player. Opal was donned in her Blood Oath armor, a set of light armor that was as pristine and pure as virgin white with a red trim with a decorated caplet that bore the guild's symbol on each flap. When the new update happened, she found that her weapon was no longer in date with the current standings and the new blacksmith she had meat on one of her many adventures had sent her a message upon claiming a new Tier 2 weapon. At first she thought it was a joke from the player, but as he had went on about forging a mighty blade, the woman could not help but take up on his offer to claim it. 

So here she was...The woman poked her head in, the arrangement of items scattered about, barely able to get her lithe body through the door more or less, "Ishida?" she called, unsure if the Blacksmith was actually here. The woman stepped over a small anvil and hammer set that looked worn and used before stepping onto a dusty crack in the floor. She had to navigate the area carefully, but made it none the less. Once more she called out, "Ishida? Are you around...I'm here to pick u--" the woman nearly tripped over a rather large boulder of an ore, chunks of it had been ripped apart for the smithing operations of the Blacksmith. 

Catching herself on the wall, the woman lightly cursed as her eyes burned with a sudden rage before being doused by the man's face, "Hi~" she gave a small wave to him as she attempted to subdue the throttling urge to the teenager. 

To be honest, Ishida didn't know what part of the shop he was in.  All he knew was that he was surrounded by junk--unfortunately, that didn't narrow it down in the slightest.  On the right of him, a mountain of scrap metal from his failed attempts at crafting and on the left, miscellaneous pieces that he didn't figure were worth selling yet he couldn't bring himself to junking.  He was looking for something among the mess when he heard the door to his humble smithy open, which in and of itself was peculiar due to the fact that he never received guests.  The raven-haired youth immediately forgot what he was looking for at the exciting prospect of having an actual customer.

He scrambled to free his body from the mess of equipment swallowing him, tipping over countless steel breastplates and helmets as he wiggled out of the backroom and into the main forging area of his shop.  It was nearly as messy as the back.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!  Hold on~" he shouted over the roar of toppling metal.

It took him some time but he finally managed to come face to face with Opal.  A bold smile immediately illuminated the features of his youthful face at the sight of his friend and soon, possible Vice Commander.  He still hadn't decided upon whether he could dedicate himself to a guild--but he was slowly turning toward the idea.

"You got my message!  Hold on a second!"

Dodging well-used anvils and barrels of room temperature water, Ishida made his way over to a storage case behind his clustered selling counter.  He quickly accessed a series of menus to withdraw a particular item before he turned to Opal and displayed the details of his magnificent creation <<Masamune X>> to her.

"I had an itch this morning when the new update sprang and I couldn't help but get into the shop.  Well, I figured that because you're the main damage dealer I know and you've helped Teselmar and I so much, that I would see what I could do to return the favor.  I modeled it after your current weapon but made a few improvements, I hope you don't mind.." he said sincerely.

"So it is yours, if you'd like it."

"Oooh~" is all the woman could say, after finding many ornate blades displayed out in the dojo of the Temple Hidden in the Mountains, her Master had forbid her from touching those items. But her eyes knew what was good and what was junk and this item, being handed to her now was not junk by any means. The woman smiled broadly, showing pearly white teeth in the process as the blade slowly came out of the saya. Remarkably sharp, the blade was forged to perfection from a rather unknown Blacksmith. That would soon change as she would always tell the people where she received her latest equipment. Marveling at the item, the woman blinked.

"Oh! Yes, here you go, Sug!" the woman swept a free hand over her menu depositing five materials onto the counter. It was a measly amount for a Tier 2 weapon, "...I know it's not much, I'll be able to donate some more once I get out there and do some hunting. I just achieved Grandmaster with my katana skill and this Odachi is gonna help clear waves of mobs. Thanks, again, Ishida...Should you need from my shop, let me know, I'll craft you any kind of potion you want. Just drop by or send me a message." 

The woman shouldered the weapon to display it proudly as she waved to him and left his store. This was a perfect damage dealing weapon that suited her needs and the improved adjustments as he stated made it all the more desirable to use.

-5 Materials

Edited by Opal
Looks like I had 1 more than I thought I had. :D

"I'm just glad I can be of some sort of usefulness while I get stronger."  Their exchange was quick.  They both were busy people and they both knew it wouldn't be long before they saw each other again for one reason or another.  Ishida was surprised to find that she left him a handful of materials before she was walking out the door.  With that same, big smile as before, he scooped up the materials and deposited them into his inventory.

"Hey, thanks!  See you around!"

Ishida was invigorated after crafting his first Tier 2 weapon.  He hoped today would be another day where he could do his best and support those on the frontline--and maybe fancy a new rapier for his buddy Teselmar, too.

Spoiler

• ID# 45480
  • CD: 12 (Perfect! +8 EXP)
  • ID# 45481
  • CD: 10 (Uncommon. +3 EXP)
  • ID# 45482
  • CD: 10 (Uncommon. +3 EXP)
  • ID# 45483
  • CD: 3 (Fail. +1 EXP)
  • ID# 45484
  • CD: 11 (Rare. +5 EXP)

[-5 Materials, +1 Perfect item. +1 Rare item. +2 Uncommon items. +20 EXP.]