[SHOP-F1] Midnight Armory (Blacksmith)

Teselmar was hanging around the first floor, where he'd intervened and saved a young teen from dying in a monster attack. It had felt good to be on the other end of a rescue for once, and he was in high spirits when he decided to peek in on his good friend and ally, Ishida. Opening the door to his workshop, Teselmar almost tripped over a large chunk of ore that was situated near the doorway. Huh, could've taken a nasty tumble over that thing... Straightening, he crossed to the center of the shop, looking for the blacksmith, who was probably in the back. "Ishida? You there buddy?"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, oh man, this isn't good!  Ishida repeated to himself internally as he ran back and forth between an overheated forge and the sink with a bucket of water.  He had no idea what he was doing but whatever it was, it wasn't working.  In between his hurried scrambling and the clatter of items being kicked or knocked over, the teenage blacksmith managed to hear the familiar voice of his pal Teselmar hailing from the front of the shop.

Teselmar?  Did I send him a message?  Oh well, I guess now is as good of time as any to give him my newest creation.

The young man emerged from the back with a bucket helm wrapped around his foot, giving a comically loud clang to each alternating footstep.  Regardless, he still had a smile on his face as he quickly jaunted out to meet the blonde-haired man.  "Hey, hey.  Open your hands, I've got a gift for you."  As he blindly navigated through his menus, he worked at kicking that helmet off of his leg--he did eventually succeed in doing so, which sent it cascading across the room into a different pile of junk.

Reverting his attention to his inventory, he quickly swiped down and voila!  <<Crucible>> dropped out of the air and into Teselmar's hold.

"It's yours, free of charge!  Just make sure you don't lose it or anything!  It should go a long way toward stabbing things."

A small roar in the back of his shop cause his eyes to go wide.

"Hey, I--uh, I gotta go!  I'm sure I'll see you soon but in the mean time, put that thing to good use!  See ya!"  With that exchange, Ishida rushed back into the depths of his crafting area to deal with his other issues.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/15

• ID# 45630
  • CD: 9 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 45631
  • CD: 11 (Rare item)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 45632
  • CD: 9 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 45633
  • CD: 10 (Uncommon item)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 45634
  • CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)

[Total: -5 Materials, +1 Rare, +13 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

Blinking in surprise, Teselmar opened his hands, allowing the frazzled young blacksmith to transfer the item into his waiting hands:

19df200e872b88bfaefcbe573d57c3cc.jpg

171270.jpg

2141013c9b355e6f485353c6fc5d2502.jpg

173774.jpg

The blade didn't shine in the light from the forge, seeming rather to disperse light that it touched. Not absorbing it, but almost cutting through the pixels that comprised both light and shadow. This was not a display piece, but a combat blade. Its wrought-iron basket hilt's only adornment was a simple cross, giving the name some substance. <<Crucible>> was a good name for it; the blade looked like it was meant to test the mettle of both its target and its wielder. With a +3 to its damage stat, it would be an excellent option for when power was favored above accuracy. He grinned, and thanked his friend as he turned. "You're a life-saver, bro. I'll let you work!" 

Daily crafts!

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/17/16

• ID# 45979
  • CD: 12 (Perfect!)(+8 EXP)

LEVEL UP TO RANK 5 ASSISTANT BLACKSMITH.  TOOLS UNLOCKED.

• ID# 45980
  • CD: 4 (Bad item)(+1 EXP)
  • LD: 19 (Salvaged!)
  • ID# 45981
  • CD: 9 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 45982
  • CD: 1 (Critical fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 45983
  • CD: 8 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 45984
  • CD: 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)

[-5 Materials. +1 Perfect item. +17 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

During yesterday's crafting session, Ishida had finally ascended to Rank 5 to become an Apprentice Blacksmith.  Along with obtaining one more crafting attempt, he could now create Tools for his own use.  He couldn't even imagine how stocked his shop would be if he had use of a proper smithing hammer.

The teenager stepped into the back of his shop and approached the forge.  His fingers interlaced with one another as he pushed his hands outward, cracking his knuckles down the line like a bone xylophone.  It was time to go to work.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/18/16

• ID# 46055
  • CD: 10 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46056
  • CD: 9 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46058
  • ID# 46059
  • ID# 46060
  • CD: 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46061
  • CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)

[-6 Materials. +3 Rare items. +22 EXP]

Edited by Ishida

There wasn't much about the Town of Beginnings that Icarus didn't know.  He had spent much of his time since getting caught in the dangerous world of Aincrad getting the starter town situated.  It just wasn't enough to be another one of the players who raced out into the wilderness and immediately put themselves to task in order to get stronger.  Strength wasn't the only governing factor in this world.  There were many players, mostly young children, who were ill-equipped to face the horrors that awaited them outside the Town of Beginnings, which led Icarus to stay behind and help them get situated before he focused on himself.

But that time had come and passed.  Now, the tall man known for his gentle smile needed to set out on his own adventure, which led him into the small, disheveled shop known as "Midnight Armory."  His long legs came in handy for stepping over and around all the clutter littering the floors of the quaint shop.  It wasn't anywhere near the nicest store he had been in but it was said to have a good reputation of being generous and generosity is exactly what he needed at the moment.  He cleared his throat as he stepped up to the counter.

"Excuse me, is anyone there?  I'm looking for some assistance."  His voice was deep and loud but soft around the edges.  It wasn't rough or gravelly, like one would expect from a man of his well-sized stature.

Ishida came out of the back of his shop with a disgruntled look about his face.  Underneath his eyes and along his cheeks were black smudge marks from a crafting session gone wrong and it was easy to assume that he wasn't in the greatest of moods.  However, as soon as he saw the big man standing at his counter in nothing but the starter clothes appropriated by Cardinal, he smiled.  Awww yeah, a customer.  My first customer, even, if you don't count Opal and Teselmar.

"Hey there, how can I help you?  Looking for some nice armor?  By the size of you, I bet you're looking for a two handed weapon, yeah?  Don't worry!  I've got what you need!"  He sure was enthusiastic.

The shop owner was a.. kid?  Well, that certainly explained the mess that quite literally littered just about every corner of the smithy.  Young adults weren't known for being particularly generous when it came to parting with their goods which was going to make this request of his all that much harder to spit out.

"I've come to ask an enormous favor of you," Icarus said.  His hands were folded neatly in front of his abdomen, holding to each other gently.  "I've been helping the people of the Town of Beginnings since Kayaba trapped us here.  As a result, I've been unable to get out and adventure like so many others, which means my pockets are empty as far as Col is concerned."

Icarus paused deliberately to let that sink in to the shop owner.

"I'm in need of armor and a fine weapon.  I can't pay you now but if you would perhaps loan me some of your wares, I can work hard to make sure that you do get paid.  I understand this is an enormous undertaking on your behalf but I give you my word as a man, it won't be for naught."  His words were spoken with integrity.  He had no reason to lie or attempt to cheat the shop owner.  Icarus knew that the only way the players of Sword Art Online would get through this terrible time was by working together.  He only hoped this teen knew that, as well.

Wha-what?!  Ishida could see the bundles and bundles of Col he was expecting to make drift off into the distance and disappear with a pop before his very eyes, leaving him without a clue how to deal with the transaction the man proposed.  On one hand, he did want to do what he could to help out new players but on the other hand, he was an entrepreneur--he didn't want to just let his wares go out the door without payment.

The teenager rubbed his forehead after letting his head drop.  He suddenly felt a headache coming on.

"Okay, listen--here's the deal..."  Here it comes.  He was about to lay the man out with the "NO MONEY NO SERVICE" of the century but a better idea came to mind at the last minute.  "I'll supply you with the equipment you need and when you can, you'll pay for it.  On top of that, if I need your help with a quest, or farming, or anything--you'll help out.  How does that sound?"

Ishida's hand flew through his inventory and menus, hitting the tall man standing across the counter from him with a barrage of pop ups and requests.  One of them was a friend list request, the other was a transaction for the following items.

Ishida would like to trade:

• Two-handed Straight Sword - Alondite (+3 DMG)
  • Heavy Armor - Breastplate of Protection (+18 MIT)
  • Heavy Armor - Bucket Helm of Hurt (+2 Thorns)

Do you accept?

"I'm Ishida, by the way.  Nice to meet you."

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/19/16

• ID# 46129
  • CD: 6 (Good item)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46130
  • CD: 3 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46131
  • ID# 46132
  • CD: 5 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • Out of materials!

[-4 materials. +8 EXP.]

Edited by Ishida

Wandering around the Town of Beginnings, Brax was searching for another shop to fix up his armor.  He had need of a new piece of mitigation gear, now that the Cardinal System had changed the stats on the Heavy Armor skill, leaving him without ample protection.  In order to progress upwards through the floors, he would need to be able to take a hit, several in fact from higher leveled beasts and NPCs.  In short, he needed protection, and his usual smith was backstopped with orders, meaning that he would not be able to receive his protection in swiftest fashion.  Spying the storefront sign of the Midnight Armory, he saw the forges burning brightly inside and thought to take a peak at the shopkeeper's wares, seeing if he could get his armor completed in a timely fashion here.  The place was a mess, and for a brief moment after Brax entered he thought of leaving, but his need for a protective chestplate kept his feet firmly planted.  He saw two people speaking, one a young boy smudged with soot, most likely the owner, and another older man who seemed to be asking for help.  Not wanting to interfere with their conversation, Brax waited for the owner to finish and acknowledge his presence.  He would have filled out an order form while he waited, but the ramshackled shop did not seem to have any on hand, indicating that it had not been here long.

What was he, some kind of servant?  He was used to people waiting on him, not the other way around.  However, the kid's deal wasn't too bad.  It wasn't great but it was something to work on and negotiate.  Icarus idly rubbed his chin with his bare fingers as he contemplated the proposal.  That same hand extended to the prompts and accepted them.  Icarus also nodded as a physical representation of his agreement.

"I agree but I will only assist you until I am able to pay you back.  After that, it'll be my choice whether I help you or not.  I go by Icarus.  It's nice to meet you, Ishida.  I'll be back with your Col as soon as I can."

He waved as he started for the door.  As he turned around, there was another man standing close by.  Icarus looked him over quickly before staring him in the face and greeted him with a nod before casually passing him by and exiting the Armory.

"All right, Icarus it is.  If I don't see you around soon, I'm going to come and find you.  Don't think I won't!  I've got you on my friends list, now!" Ishida hollered after Icarus as he made movement to exit his shop.  It was very likely that he wasn't lying--he probably would go and chase the man down if he didn't get around to paying him in a couple of weeks.  That kind of made him sound like he was a loan shark.  That isn't the vibe he was going for, especially in front of the second customer that had walked in while he was dealing with Icarus.

Ishida turned toward the new customer with a hearty smile on his face while pointing his thumb repeatedly at Icarus as he walked out the door.  "Newbs, am I right?  Nah, I'm just kidding.  I'm glad I was able to help him out.  He looked like a trustworthy fellow so I'm sure he'll be back."

The raven-haired teenager brushed the back of his hand against his forehead, pushing his hair out of his eyes while leaving another black mark of coal across the expanse of skin just above his brow.  He clapped his hands together and attempted to look as professional as he could in front of the man who now stood on the opposite of his counter.

"Welcome to the Midnight Armory!  How can I be of service to you, sir?  You look like a man who knows what he wants, so I won't beat around the bush."

The man asking for help concluded his business, and with a nod to Brax exited the store.  Brax turned to face the blacksmith who was commenting on his transaction with the fellow, after which he greeted him heartily.  "Thank you," said Brax, mirroring the young player's energy.  His face maintained the stoic expression he always wore, as he did not feel a burning need to stand on ceremony with the boy.  Taking his advice, Brax said, "You are right, I am in need of something...specific.  My current smith is backed up with orders, and I am in need of some armor, a breastplate, that can offer the best protection available at Tier One now.  I would...appreciate your help in this matter, if you can.  I will even throw in a commission if completed in a timely matter.  Say, double whatever price you are willing to set?  I am given to under stand that Perfect pieces are...5 materials or so...at most other stores.  I would be most willing to double that to ten if you can complete in as soon as possible, unless you would prefer col?"  Brax was in need of the armor soon, as he wanted to begin an upward move to different floors, currently being stuck on floor two due to his armor issues.  "What is your choice?"  He awaited the blacksmith's response with an impassive look on his face.

There was a certain hardness to the man before him.  It was clear he had a dedication to getting stronger and clearing the floors for whatever reason.  Every adventurer had a different reason for their desire to progress through Aincrad.  Some loved the thrill of it, others the challenge--some people just wanted to go home.  Ishida respected those who had the burning ache to do their best and that's where his armors came in.

His cheerful demeanor evaporated into the facade of a dedicated business man.  A finger and thumb came to hold the tip of his chin as he reviewed the offers and bounced back between the two of them.  To him, it wasn't so much about gaining the notoriety as a famed blacksmith or mountains of col from a job well done.  He just enjoyed crafting.

"Materials.  If you supply the materials now, I can start crafting right away.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to go out and farm some.  I have a few crafting attempts left for the day so I might get lucky and finish out the order today.  Either way, you're first in line."

And with that, he slid forward an order form toward the unnamed man.

Name: 
Profession: Blacksmith
Item Type: 
Quality: 
Enhancements: 
Description: 

"Then, materials it is."  Brax allowed a small smile of satisfaction to cross his face, the result of accomplishing a task he had set before himself.  While he lacked the capacity to show or feel pretty much every emotion out there, satisfaction was not one of them.  When faced with a completed objective, he 'reveled' in the satisfied peace that followed.  Pulling the order form to himself, he went about filling it while explaining his payment option.  "So, I will give you five materials now, and if you can complete the armor in say, 6 days time, I will give you five more when I pick it up.  Does that sound acceptable?"  Finishing up the form, he looked to the boy for confirmation and gave him the slip of paper.

-5 materals

Name: Veteran's Breastplate of the Midnight Armory

Profession: Blacksmith

Item Type: Heavy Armor

Quality: Perfect

Enhancements: +27 mitigation

Description: A silver breastplate that would go unnoticed, if not for two things: first, it is worn and beaten, with a look as if it has been through multiple battles, and yet still it maintains it's integrity of for; second, the metal is stained with blood, the deep red splotches almost glowing in the heat of combat, as if infusing the bearer with the strength of those who have come before.  Over the heart it bears the insignia of the Midnight Armory.

Edited by Brax

"That sounds perfectly acceptable," Ishida said as he took the sheet of paper from the man and looked it over.  It was definitely something that was in his wheelhouse.  He folded up the paper neatly, despite leaving his fingerprint smudges all over the creases of the paper, and dropped it into his inventory.  "If you give me a moment, I'll go take a crack at getting this ready for you right away.  I'll be right back."

The boy slipped away from the counter and headed back into his crafting area.  Taking up his hammer, he went to work on his last two remaining crafts for the day.

Spoiler
  • 2 REMAINING DAILY CRAFTS FOR 1/19/16
  • ID# 46162
  • ID# 46162
  • 3 Materials remaining!

Ishida returned to the counter, shaking his head.

"Not today, I'm afraid but I'll keep at it.  What's your name?  How can I get in contact you when I finish your request?"

Edited by Ishida

'How disappointing,' Brax thought to himself, but it was to be anticipated.  He thought nothing of it, given that he would not truly need it for several days, hence the commission attached.  Looking at the boy as he shook his head, he spoke aloud, "The name is Brax.  Simply PM me when you have finished, and I will come back as fast as I can.  For the moment, I am simply hunting in the wilds, so I will be easy enough to reach."  With that, he turned to exit, leaving the fellow to his craft.  Just before he left, he stopped and turned his head, calling back once more, "I don't suppose you know of an artisan nearby, do you?  I am in need of something to...improve my accuracy in combat."  Perhaps the young one could point him in the right direction; if not, so be it.

"Brax?  Sounds good."  A harsh sounding name.  Brax the Warrior.  That sounded about right.  "I know an artisan in training but he hasn't finished his quest to become one yet but that's about it.  His name is Teselmar, if you want to look him up when he's ready to open his shop.  Other than that, I think I heard rumors of one somewhere.  I forgot what their name was.. Onyx?  Ivory?  Ebony?  Something like that."

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/20/16

• ID# 46198
    CD: 9 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46199
    CD: 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46200
    CD: 4 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46286
    CD: 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46287
    CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46288
    CD: 4 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • 20 Materials remaining!
  • +13 EXP

Edited by Ishida

It was early in the morning--really early but Ishida was a hard worker so he wanted to try and get his one assignment out of the way so he could free himself up to craft some new equipment for his own personal progress.  Rubbing his eyes, he stumbled over to the forge and went to work pumping it back up to a reasonable temperature.  Still half asleep, he went to work creating some crafts.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/21/16

• ID# 46278
    CD: 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46279
    CD: 7 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46280
    CD: 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46281
    CD: 8 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46282
    CD: 10 (Rare)(+5 EXP)