[SHOP-F1] Midnight Armory (Blacksmith)

Ishida stretched his arms and yawned as he snaked around the clutter that was his shop.  After being up most of the night before, he decided to take the day and just sleep it away.  He was feeling re-energized and ready to get to crafting.  Standing before his forge as it was brought to temperature, he extended his arms in front of him and did a few warm up squats to get the blood pumping before getting to work.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/22/16

• ID# 46371
    CD: 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46372
    CD: 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46373
    CD: 8 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46374
    CD: 1 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46375
    CD: 7 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46376
    CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • 8 Materials remaining!
  • +9 EXP

Edited by Ishida
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh from drinking himself stupid at an inn on the fourth floor, Ishida stumbled into his crafting "studio" and made his bumbling way into the back of the shop.  For as inebriated as he was, he sure was having no problem making it around or over all of the obstacles that were constantly in his way.  *Hick!*  He looked around the area and paused for a long moment.  What was he doing here?  Oh, right!  He was going to do his daily crafts before he crashed into bed.  He might as well get them out of the way now so he didn't have to worry about them later.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/23/16

• ID# 46503
    CD: 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46504
    CD: 4 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46505
    CD: 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46506
    CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46507
    CD: 5 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46508
    CD: 1 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • 2 Materials remaining!
  • +8 EXP.

Edited by Ishida

Her friend had requested a Crafter's Respite to help along with his blacksmithing. The valuable tools that the alchemist could make helped all sorts of players, giving her profession one of the best turn arounds for clients. However, the woman only offered herself to really good friends and guildmates. Opening the shop door, she had found a large collection of items scattered about much like last time. Hands on her hips she looked around and navigated her way to the counter, "Hey Ishida? Are you back there? I'm dropping off your Respites! Make sure you put them to good use!!" the woman had let out a small yell with one hand over her mouth to help get her voice across should he be forging in the back.

"One day...I'm gonna help him clear this clutter..." the woman said moving back towards the door and leaving. 

-x2 Crafter's Respites

"Ohhh, my head hurts," he let out as a whispered groan as he entered his shop.  Perhaps he shouldn't have celebrated so hard last night after acquiring his massive haul of materials.  He didn't notice it at first but there was a gift laid out on his counter.  He stumbled right into the countertop, after tripping over a battered and broken breastplate just existing on the floor, and finally took in the sight of the two Crafter's Respites present.  "Opal!  Nice!"

• +Crafter's Respite (x2)

Anxious to see them in work, he added them to his inventory and promptly used one to reset his crafting attempts for the day.

• -Crafter's Respite (x1)

Ishida headed directly into his forge and started going to work.

Spoiler

#2 DAILY CRAFTS FOR 1/23/16 (CRAFTER'S RESPITE)

• ID# 46527
    CD: 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46528
    CD: 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46529
    CD: 1 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46530
    CD: 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46531
    CD: 12 (Perfect)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 46532
    CD: 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • 49 Materials remaining!
  • +2 Rare items, +1 Perfect item
  • +16 EXP

Edited by Ishida

Ishida was walking around his shop, just marveling at the craftsmanship of his newly forged Midnight Hammer.  From what he was able to gather, the hammer itself would help him with his crafting by aiding him in turning out better equipment.  He couldn't argue with that.  It looked like it was forged out of a solid chunk of obsidian; a large, square onyx head and a handle wrapped in inky black leather.  It was beautiful, honestly.  He was excited to get swinging with it!

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/24/16

ALL ITEMS +1 WITH "MIDNIGHT HAMMER" TOOL

• ID# 46592
    CD: 7 + 1 = 8 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46593
    CD: 12 + 1 = 12 (Perfect)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 46594
    CD: 6 + 1 = 7 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46595
    CD: 7 + 1 = 8 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46596
    CD: 4 + 1 = 5 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46597
    CD: 6 + 1 = 7 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • 43 Materials remaining!
  • +1 Perfect item!
  • +21 EXP.

Edited by Ishida

"Tesselmar, hmm?  I will keep the name in mind.  When he has finished his training, I will pay the man a visit.  Until then, farewell, blacksmith.  I will await word of your completion of my armor."  Executing a formal and polite bow, Brax turned and left the shop, his hunting in the wilds more important than considering the young one's feelings.  He was, however, looking forward to finally having the protection he needed against the foes he would soon face, just as soon as his hunting journeys were complete.

Several days later, five to be precise, and after Brax had just finished up his first trip into the icy cold of Floor Four, he was just about the rest at an inn in Snowfrost Town when he heard the telling 'PING' of a PM appearing in his inbox.  Signaling the barkeep to hold his drink order, the heavily armored man opened the message and gave a satisfying grunt: his armor, it seemed, was ready for pick-up.  He would have to make his way back down to the 1st floor, but that was little inconvenience to the adventurer.  All that truly mattered was that he had just about all he needed for his upward traveling through the floors.  Swiftly he exited the establishment, ignoring the barkeep's incessant words on the loss of his patronage, and he headed straight for the teleportation plaza.

Arriving in a flash of light in the Town of Beginning, Brax shook his body once to dispel the tingle that always accompanied the use of the pad and began a quick journey to the Midnight Armory.  He strode through the door with purpose, the bell ringing harshly as he almost slammed open the door, his intent clear: he wanted his armor.  Making his way to the counter, he called back to the back room. "Is there anyone here?  I have come to pick up my order."  Brax opened his inventory window, drawing forth the additional mats he had promised for the commissioning.

- 5 materials

Ishida came out from around back with a dirty rag in his hands, wiping away the soot and grime that came from handling coal and unrefined metal.  In reality, he didn't have to even bother with such things because of the menu driven nature of the game but to take that realism and own it, made the boy's stay in Aincrad much more bearable.

"Hey Brax, welcome back," he said cordially as he stepped up to his counter and stood across from the adventurer.  "Sorry for the delay, I had a real string of bad luck.  No worries, though!  I was able to fashion the armor you requested."  As he finished saying so, he set down the rag and opened his interface.  A few quick flicks of his wrist and an extended finger and the trade prompt for Brax's customized breastplate was pushed over to the gruff man.

• -Veteran's Breastplate of the Midnight Armory
  • +5 Materials

"I hope it serves you as well as my armor serves me.  You let me know if you need anything else, okay?  If I'm ever not around, go ahead and leave an order form or shoot me a message."

He appreciated the young man's cordiality, even if he was unable to reciprocate properly at times.  Brax took a moment to open his window to accept the trade, and after doing so, went into his inventory to draw forth the piece.  It materialized before him, adding briefly to the clutter atop the counter itself as he examined it with a careful eye.  The light staining could be considered quite breathtaking, and the simple nature of the metalwork was...artistically beautiful in it's design.  The boy had a good eye and a decent hand, this much was certain, and Brax shook his head in affirmation.  "Thank you, Ishida.  The work is...professionally suitable."  That was as close as the man could truly come to expressing his gratitude at the craftsmanship.  Putting it back into his inventory, Brax did one more thing that would have surprised the people at Berringer's: he extended his hand to the boy in thanks and appreciation.  It was rare that he would shake a man's hand, if only because the gesture that he had discovered in his books was a sign of respect for another, and he had little to respect from many in his life at the hospital.  The armor, and the things he would do in it, deserved the action, and so did the one who had made it.  His face, however, displayed none of the answers his mind was racing through, though a sparkle of...something...might have passed briefly through his eyes.

+Veteran's Breastplate of the Midnight Armory

Edited by Brax

A satisfied smile grew on his lips as he watched Brax examine his craftsmanship.  It was clear that the man before him wasn't usually one that dealt with social interactions too well but he was glad to see that he was at least attempting some sort of interaction.  When Brax extended his hand for a handshake, Ishida's brows raised in surprise but he didn't skip a beat in sticking his own hand into the man's and giving him a firm handshake; probably not nearly as firm as Brax's but that was okay.

"You're more than welcome.  Like I said, come back any time.  I plan to be here for the long haul."

He retrieved his hand and then used it to give Brax a wave as he stepped back away from his counter and headed back into his workshop.

"Hold for a moment," Brax said abruptly as the blacksmith retreated towards his forge.  He had made his decision: he would be traversing to the 5th floor next, after maybe one more hunting trip, but he was...unsure...of what he might find there.  If the young one before him was truly ready to offer assistance, he would ask for it now while the men stood conversing.  "If your offer is genuine, there is a...matter I need to discuss.  I am planning on going to the 5th floor for the first time, a...desert, if memory serves.  You seem relatively well armored, and if you would...be so kind...I might need some...support...while up there.  Would you be available, soon, should I call?  If necessary, I can compensate you for your time."  It was strange for Brax to ask for help, but no stranger than anything else he had encountered in this world.  He awaited the boy's reply stoically, betraying little in the way his face looked.

"Oh yeah, no problem. It'll be good to get out of the shop for a while.  You just send me a message when you're ready and I'll bounce on over."  Ishida continued his wave and disappeared.

---

The next day, he had received a message from Brax to join him on the fifth floor for a questing adventure.  Now, he didn't know Brax real well and just crafted him some pretty reliable armor, he wasn't about to just go gallivanting around with a stranger--so he was more than likely going to invite Teselmar and Opal along too.  Opal was the strongest player he knew; surely she'd have no problem putting a rogue down that was causing trouble.

Before he headed out to the adventure, he figured he'd pop into his forge and craft up some new items before taking the rest of the day off.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/25/16
ALL CRAFTS +1 CD (MIDNIGHT HAMMER)

• ID# 46720
    CD: 8+1 = 9 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 46721
    CD: 2+1 = 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46722
    CD: 3+1 = 4 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
    LD: 20 (Salvaged)
  • ID# 46723
    CD: 5+1 = 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46724
    CD: 5+1 = 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46725
    CD: 5+1 = 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • 49 Materials remaining!
  • +11 EXP

Edited by Ishida

Brax allowed a small smile of satisfaction to cross his face only briefly, then due to his condition it vanished.  Satisfied that his business with the boy was concluded, he shook his head once in agreement and said, "Very well, when I am ready, I will contact you.  Goodbye."  With that, he left promptly, his needs pressing hard against his feet.  Hopefully, the blacksmith would prove as useful in the field as he had been behind the forge and anvil where he plied his craft.

Ishida was currently sitting on a good pile of materials and loved the feeling of not having to worry about when he would have to go out farming next would be.  That being the case, he wanted to stay sitting high but that would mean he couldn't craft.  It was quite the predicament.  He could always devote his time to farming over and over again but that would be boring.  He really had no reason to craft other than satiating his desire to--I mean, its not like he had orders waiting out the door or anything.

Oh well, he was gonna craft anyway.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 1/26/15
+1 CD FROM MIDNIGHT HAMMER

• ID# 46796
    CD: 12+1 = 12 (Perfect!)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 46797
    CD: 7+1 = 8 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46798
  • ID# 46799
    CD: 11+1 = 12 (Perfect!)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 46800
    CD: 12+1 = 12 (Perfect!)(+8 EXP)
  • Level up to Rank 6: Mentor Blacksmith!
  • ID# 46801
    CD: 10+1 = 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46802
    CD: 2+1 = 3 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • 42 Materials remaining!
  • +3 Perfect items, +1 Rare item.
  • +36 EXP!

Edited by Ishida

Dang, Ishida was already sitting on some pieces that needed appraisal and he wasn't actually in desperate need of upgrading his equipment, so he planned on taking it slow for the next couple of days and save his materials.  Then he started thinking of the future and what he would need to become a better tank and before he knew it, he was back in his workshop again, stoking the fire of his forge.  You could never be too prepared for the future and who knows, maybe inspiration would hit him and he'd have some wares he'd be able to put on display for others to purchase.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS FOR 1/28/16
All crafts +1 CD with Midnight Hammer

• ID# 46895
  • ID# 46896
    CD: 1+1 = 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46897
    CD: 10+1 = 11 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 46898
    CD: 5+1 = 6 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 46899
    CD: 2+1 = 3 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46900
    CD: 1+1 = 2 (Fail)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 46901
    CD: 4+1 = 5 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • 35 Materials remaining!
  • +15 EXP

Edited by Ishida
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything was different now.  He wasn't just a boy wandering around Aincrad alone, he was a member of a respectable guild.  It was good feeling but at the same time, he yearned for that independence that not having to answer to anyone afforded him.  Either way, he still had his shop and woke up every morning with the yearning to put hammer to metal and create something wonderful.

This evening, he entered into his shop through the backdoor to get some late night crafting going on.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 2/12/16

• ID# 48074
    CD: 12+1 (Perfect!)(+8 EXP)
  • 34 materials remaining.
  • +8 EXP.

Right away, a success.  Ishida could tell that this particular item would make a customer very happy.

Edited by Ishida

After his journeys on Floor Nine, and a few rest stops on the first floor, Brax was almost ready to begin having his 2nd tier gear crafted and equipped.  Remembering the quality of the piece he had acquired from Ishida, he again made the trip to the Midnight Armory where the boy plied his craft.  Walking into the shop he greeted the...white armored boy? with a clear statement: "Greetings, Ishida.  You...seem to have changed your armor.  I...assume the crest is of the Knights of the Blood Oath?"  His confusion over the fellow's gear almost stopped him from his ordering...but not quite.  "Forgive me, I was...slightly distracted.  My purpose here...is to upgrade my gear for the next tier, as I am soon to reach level 25.  Do you have to time to be able to craft these pieces for me?"  After his question, Brax filled out an order form for several heavy armor pieces.

Spoiler

Name: The Axe of Sir Rated
Profession: Blacksmith
Item Type: Weapon
Quality: Perfect, Tier 2
Enhancements: +6 DMG
Description:  [insert some witty comment about the axe being rated T for tearing, or maybe the serrated teeth on the blade]

Name: The Armor of Sir Vival
Item Type: Heavy Armor, Chestpiece
Quality: Perfect, Tier 2
Enhancements: +54 MIT
Description:  [insert some funny pun about Sir Vival's armor surviving...what he could not]

Name: The Greaves of Sir Loin
Item Type: Heavy Armor, Greaves
Quality: Perfect, Tier 2
Enhancements: +2 Recovery, +18 MIT
Description:  [insert some anecdote about the meatiness of Sir Loin's thighs and how it both protects and serves him]

Name: The Shoulderguards of Sir Racha
Item Type: Heavy Armor, Shoulderguards
Quality: Perfect, Tier 2
Enhancements: +2 Recovery, +18 Thorns
Description:  [insert something funny about the spicy nature of Sir Racha's shoulders, think latin dancing or salsa]

-32 materials

Ishida snapped out of his daze as Brax wandered in.  The boy gave the stout man a polite wave as he approached the counter and started filling out a series of order forms for new pieces of gear.  "Yeah, Knights of the Blood Oath.  I was roped in by Opal.  I figured it was a better idea to join than wander around Aincrad as a solo tank.  I would never get anything accomplished."

The teenage blacksmith looked over the specs of Brax's desired equipment and nodded as he filed through them.  "Level 25, huh?  Getting pretty close then?  I imagine I would be getting up there if I didn't spend so much time wandering around the First Floor."  He shrugged.  "I'll take care of this for you, Brax.  I'll shoot you a message as soon as I finish up."

+32 Materials

Spoiler

REMAINING CRAFTS FOR 2/12/16 (6 REMAINING)
ALL CRAFTS +1 WITH MIDNIGHT HAMMER

• ID# 48092
    CD: 5+1 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 48093
    CD: 1+1 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 48094
  • ID# 48095
  • ID# 48096
    CD: 1+1 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 48097
    CD: 4+1 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • 60 materials remaining.
  • +22 EXP.

Edited by Ishida

With half of Brax's order already done and waiting appraisal, Ishida thought it best to try and tackle the remaining pieces of gear bright and early in the morning.  After all, Brax was a reliable customer and he didn't want to keep the man waiting.  That wasn't how you kept clientele.  The boy stifled a yawn as he slipped into his shop and immediately head to his staging area where he prepared for today's crafting.

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 2/13/16 (7 TOTAL)

• ID# 48140
    CD: 2+1 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 48141
    CD: 2+1 (Bad)(+1 EXP)
  • ID# 48142
    CD: 11+1 (Perfect)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 48143
    CD: 9+1 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • ID# 48144
    CD: 7+1 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 48145
    CD: 6+1 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 48146
    CD: 9+1 (Rare)(+5 EXP)
  • +22 EXP.
  • 53 material remaining.
  • Brax's Order: 3/4 complete.

Oh, he was so close.  He scratched his head as he looked over his inventory, his free hand swiping through the menus casually.  Ishida shrugged and plucked the last "Crafter's Respite" out of his inventory and quaffed it.  He was bound and determined to finish this order as soon as possible.

CRAFTER'S RESPITE X1 USED (0 REMAINING)

Spoiler

DAILY CRAFTS 2/13/16 (7 TOTAL)
(CRAFTER'S RESPITE USED)

• ID# 48147
    CD: 3+1 (Good)(+2 EXP)
  • ID# 48148
  • ID# 48149
    CD: 11+1 (Perfect)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 48150
  • ID# 48151
    CD: 12+1 (Perfect)(+8 EXP)
  • ID# 48152
    CD: 8+1 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • ID# 48153
    CD: 8+1 (Uncommon)(+3 EXP)
  • 46 materials remaining.
  • +28 EXP.
  • Brax's Order: 4/4 COMPLETE.

Edited by Ishida

A tiny pink haired girl walks into the shop and somehow hits her head on the door. "Oww!" It hurt (A lot!) but not enough to make her turn around. "I'm here for my order." She said. Himeko took notice of all the perfect items the blacksmith crafted, but mostly looked at the midnight hammer. 'Woah! I want to learn!' Her brain flooded with excitement, but it was sadly short lived. Himeko wondered if he could make tools, she got really confused about who made tools, artisans or blacksmiths. She pushed all those thoughts away from her head and remembered she was here for an order.

Ishida came out to the front of the shop after hearing the front door open.  Just over the top of the counter, he could see a mess of pink hair sticking out.  "Huh?" he said, his confusion over the situation made audible.  Calmly, he made his way to the counter and looked at the girl.  "You have an order?  But the only orders I've taken are.."

The PM, he thought.  She had to be Himeko.  I mean, he was no Sherlock Holmes but knowing he had only taken orders from a Himeko and Brax, and unless Brax somehow reverted into the form of a young girl, kind of helped him out in this regard.  "So you're Himeko, then?  I think I saw you in the tavern the other day.  You were with that other girl... the one with the bright pink hair. The sad one.  I wasn't trying anything creepy, I swear!  I just--pink hair--it was entrancing."

Either way, he dug into the inventory of his shop and pulled out the Astra.  "Here is your order.  It's a beaut, if you ask me.  I really like how this one turned out."

Ishida trades <<Astra>> to Himeko.