[PP-F3] <<Search For the Hoya>> (Calrex, Macradon)

Shizuka sighed. It was a strange atmosphere... One that doesn't suit her at the moment. Yes, indeed, Shizuka was surrounded by dandelions in the settlement of the third floor. It was strange really... She had never really discovered the true beauty of this floor and the Delilah Village. The stunning builds were modeled with the tradition that would've been common a few hundred years ago. It was really calm and peaceful... Completely opposite when compared to the busy, polluted city life that she was used to. Shizuka took a seeking breath of the calm air and allowed it to follow through her blood and through her body. It was a soothing moment... No one was around her and she was just simply sitting on a park bench near the outskirts of the town. Of course, her current situation of depression was unfitting in this setting but one cannot simply not admire how amazing and astonishing this settlement and town really is. "It truly is amazing," Shizuka whispered to herself as while she stayed under that pink hood of hers, hiding her face from the outside world to avoid any humiliation from the past event that had truly changed her. Still, why was she here? Shouldn't she be in some corner crying over her losses? Well, if anything, the event had triggered something in her heart. She was going to work even harder than before to level, level and get stronger so she can escape this dreadful virtual prison. No matter how good the scenes were, it was just something to distract the players from reality. Indeed, she was here for a quest... A quest that gave off a pendant which was useless to her. She wanted the Skill Points in order to become stronger and eventually help the players beat this game and kick out her inner depression. However, as she waited for night to arrive, Shizuka needed someone to help her with the beating of the minotaurs. Hence, Shizuka opened up her menu and PMed Calrex before seeing that Macradon was actually rather close to her on the tracker app of her menu. Maybe I can go seek for help from him as well.

"Hm?"

Calrex looked at his messages as suddenly a new one appeared in his inbox. Turning to face his wife the bluenette gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before exiting the Amethyst Boutique. Giving a quick glance back it seemed the store was still holding fast. Of course, there will still multiple scratch marks from various creatures that attempted to break in. With a calming breath he closed his eyes, turning back and heading towards the teleportation gate. Swiping on his menu his avatar vanished from the thirteenth floor, reappearing on the third floor with a flash of light, "Alright, Shizuka is somewhere on this floor."

"From what I saw, she's doing the Hoya of Minos quest. I wonder if she's getting it for her and Greg. The last time I did this I soloed it without much difficulty, although those minotaurs were a bit of a nuisance. Plus without the Reveal skill I won't be able to easily see my way through the maze."

It wasn't long before he saw the young Azure Brigadier come into view. Giving a friendly wave he completed his trek over, "Hey there Shizuka, long time no see."

"The question is, should I refrain from using the Grand Guard at the moment and stick with my rounded out build, or go for more of a blood tank array."

Macradon was having a great time at the inn of Delilah village. He sat here and sang with some strangers he barely knew. He had taken a break from the old shop of his and celebrated the start of a chapter of adventuring, once again. Though the others were drinking themselves drunk in their virtual alcohol, Macradon was drinking his usual ginger ale. It was refreshing to just take a sip of it and it was still cold even through all the time he had had the mug. A little letter icon appeared on his HUD, someone had sent him a message. He would excuse himself as he would walk outside of the inn to open up the message and read it. "Oh, it's Shizuka" he thought in his mind when he read who it was from, he opened up the letter and read it. He would quickly reply, saying that he was on his way. He walked back in into the inn, payed off his drink and said goodbye to the drunk fellows. He took just a few steps only to realize it was already day again. "Huh, I've been in that inn for so long ..." he thought and walked towards the location Shizuka said she was at. Macradon was wearing his green and black robes, even though the shared a similarity to the colors around him, the green accents on the black was easily spotted through the grassy areas. His white hair and red eyes didn't really hide him either. On top of his robes was his armor, just to hold the robes on tight to Macradon so it would keep him warm and safe. It wouldn't take long until he found the pink girl standing with another person, probably also someone to help. "Hi!" Macradon said as he approached the two. "Nice to see you again" he would say looking at Shizuka. "And nice to meet you, I'm Macradon" he would say to the other person standing there.

Shizuka sighed as she watched Macradon and Calrex arrive at approximately the same time. It would've been better if one of them arrived a bit quicker before the other so I could tell them individually what she was doing. Shizuka thought, hiding her face within that pink cloak of hers. When she was greeted by Calrex, Shizuka simply nodded her head in acknowledging that the man was here. Indeed, she was completely certain that the bluenette had more than enough power to strike down all the minotaurs to pieces... Maybe he'd even kill them slowly, allowing them to suffer... And that was something Shizuka would've done if she was a DPS. However, she was not... all she could do in this large world was that tiny light of healing... Something that made almost no impact at all for the players. This is so stupid. Shizuka thought as she closed her eyes. Everything... Everyone. Shizuka clutched her teeth and that was when she heard yet another voice. This time, it was one coming from the white haired warrior who she had recently just accompanied on a quest as well. Indeed, she had PMed the two stronger players the information regarding the quest so she wouldn't have to talk so much. Ever since that fateful, tragic event, Shizuka had become enclosed... More lonely, depressed and despised the world. She had changed to a way of speaking which she had no need to speak in longer phrases. She swept her hair from inside the cloak before speaking once more. "You two can introduce later. Let's go." Shizuka said in a cold, commanding voice before walking on without another word or words of reply from the other two.

Looking over, the question that was on Calrex's mind became answered as he saw the other white-haired player make his way over. However, before the Ultramarine Knight could introduce himself Shizuka prompted them to get moving, giving a nod in response, "Guess we're not wasting time on this quest. Alright then."

Making sure he was included in the party he motioned over to their third party member, following behind their team leader, "It's a pleasure to meet you Macradon, I'm Calrex. I'll do my best to keep you two out of harm's way. With the current difficult of this quest we should make quick work of it, as long as the maze within the forest doesn't decide to mess with us."

"The last time the fog certainly would have been a problem if it weren't for my Reveal skill. With the skill mod release and my subsequent loss of the extra skill, my awareness of the environment has certainly taken a hit. However, I've gained a few abilities to help make up for it."

Checking Macradon's armament he saw the young man was wielding a two-handed sword, much like Ssendom and Lessa do. Knowing from past experience about the variety of area of effect Sword Arts the weapon possessed he figured it would be better for him to take up a defender role. Swiping on his menu he produced the Grand Guard, the two pieces of the tower shield affixing to the outside of his forearms. With that he felt his body become weighed down, losing his evasiveness in favor of the increased mitigation and health from his Stonewall mod.

Edited by Calrex

"Yes, 'mam ...?" he said a bit questioning. It was quite fast that they had to go out into the forest. The faster the better perhaps. Macradon walked with the group going towards that maze thingy he remembered. Calrex told them that he would keep them out of harm, probably protecting them. He was either a high DPS or a tank like player. Either way, he was probably more of either than Macradon as Macradon had chosen to take both paths. "Then, I'll be secure behind you!" he would say with a cheery voice. He would smile as this would be quite a trip. He had met someone he haven't met before and it was exciting, he would hopefully see something new today. 

[Short post, sorry]

Shizuka sighed as she walked in front of the two male players. Indeed, both of them seemed to be quite cheery and rather happy that they had met each other... Well, Calrex seemed more stable and calm compared to Macradon... But Shizuka had learned a new rhythm here in this game. The high leveled players tend to be those who are calm and serious while the lower leveled players were the ones that were always jumpy and seeking attention. Of course, Macradon was not someone that was exactly that active to the point of jumping around and of course, he was only a few levels below her. Shizuka did not consider herself a high leveled player, nor was she a low leveled player... Well, even if she was, she was completely different from the other low leveled players and she would like to keep her seriousness for the time being... Plus, she didn't know how she was to escape from the state of depression that had surrounded her and given her this new seriousness in the first place. It had been quite a while since that event... The dreadful event which changed Shizuka for the worst. 

"We're here," Shizuka said as the party approached the Forest of Mist. Without hesitation, Shizuka looked over at Calrex and Macradon before opening up her menu and pressing a few buttons, sending the two players a party request so all three would be able to get some sort of reward unless they have already completed this quest... Still the experience was good. And one may consider why Shizuka was not freaking out at the sounds of ghouls and ghosts... Indeed, they were nothing to her. These shrieks of doom were nothing. Indeed, Shizuka was no longer scared of death. She had already died once before... If she was to die, nothing would change... No impact on the world would be created and the world will never recognize her existence even if she did continue to live on. 

"Well, looks like I'm back here again. This is going to be the second time I've done this."

"Heh, that'll work. Alright, let's do this. I'll take point."

Stepping to the front of the group Calrex gave a calming breath before pressing forward, putting his hands into his jacket pockets, the two pieces of the Grand Guard covering the openings into his jacket as he scanned left and right, "Nothing so far. From what I remember, the last time I came here the only monsters I needed to fight were the two minotaurs that were guarding the Hoya. It might be different this time around, but it might serve as a guide to what we can expect."

"Nothing on my end so far. How about you two?"

Gently resting his right hand against the handle of his Darkened Blade the Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh, going over the motions he would need to fully secure the Grand Guard in its completed form, as well as any possible Sword Art he would need to possibly use. "Most likely if we encounter any monsters that would be most likely Meteor Break, Nova Ascension, or Lightning Fall..."

Edited by Calrex

The three of them would soon arrive at the Forest of Mist. Macradon still recognized the area as he'd been here before for the quest. It was quite a long time ago, but he was here. He also remembered the damn maze he had to go through and the fight with those minotaurs. Now that they were 3 it should be easy enough to finish the quest off. "It's been a while" he muttered for himself as he remembered his past last time he was here. Macradon would accept the party invite so the 3 of them were together in a party, which was an obvious choice when doing a quest together. Calrex would go in the front and look if there was anything. "Nope, nothing here either" Macradon would reply. It didn't seem like it would be easy to do this, even though they were 3 people the maze would still be a problem. Macradon still haven't taken out his sword yet, still having it on his back resting there, it would only be a bother to have it out at this moment.

Shizuka sighed as she looked around at the maze. Indeed, she did not want to be here... The place was lame. She had expected Kayaba to put more scares into this maze and a mass amount of wails were simply not enough to spook even the weakest of players. She just hoped that the mobs would be strong enough for Calrex and Macradon to fight and hence give her quite a how. However, she knew that this was only the third floor and there really was nothing that was strong enough to give off a good fight for Calrex and Macradon. With yet another sigh, Shizuka heard Calrex say nothing on his end while Macradon replied with an explanation explaining that nothing could be seen from his side as well. Well, we're kind of walking together... So, I'm not sure if it is necessary for you two to be reporting everything that you see. Shizuka thought in annoyance, wanting a moment of silence that she never gets while being in a party. I regret being a support now... I can't really do anything without the help of others... This requires too much dependency from my part and I do not like that one bit. Shizuka thought with another sigh before hearing a rumble in the distance.

Thunder? was Shizuka's first response. However, she soon eliminated that possibility from her mind as it definitely was not raining despite how night-like it was inside this forest of dread. It was far from the outside world... Even though the world outside was bright daylight and the day was nice, the inside of this forest was quite difficult and dark. I should've researched more about this quest... I'm kind of clueless as to what to expect here.

With nothing appearing ahead of him Calrex gave a small sigh as he continued walking forward, resting his arms at his sides before they began to swing in pace with his steps, the weight of the pieces of the Grand Guard partially exaggerating the swings further. He had recalled the last time he had come here, but now his mind was recalling the last momentous event that had occurred here. It was when he, Azide, and Rebekah had taken on a strange boss that spawned only at night and seemed to be based off of the three beasts in legend. In this particular case, it was Ziz, the monster of the skies.

The multi-winged giant eagle seemed to have an act for prolonging the fight with the constant powerful winds that kept the trio back, but eventually they made it past and eliminated the giant creature. "I wonder how those two are doing. The last time I talked to Azide was when he, Teayre, and I were wandering on the seventh floor, and before that on the twelfth when we encountered the giant angler fish."

Snapping himself out of his thought he continue on point, keeping on his guard. There were no encounters the last time he wandered through the maze, but since it wasn't enclosed he figured he shouldn't take his chances.

Macradon would sigh, it was getting quite boring all this maze running. No mobs in sight, only noise made to spook the players. It was very bothersome that they had to go through all this to get to the main part of the quest, actually fighting something. He would keep close to the others as each corner turn of the maze only made it more difficult if they did get separated. Macradon would just follow the others without making much noise. He would relax some more and put both his arms behind his head as he walked. While they walked Macradon would stretch his body, it was getting stiff just walking like this. "It really seems my body has gotten used to explosive movement" Macradon thought. It seemed so, Macradon did fight nearly all the time, either for materials or quests, so when he haven't done much fighting his body did react. He would just wait and walk it off, they just had to find the exit right? That would make his day a bit better, letting him actually use his body. Well, even though they 'only' had to find the exit, it was easier said than done.

Shizuka sighed. Indeed, despite the fact that Shizuka and her party were moving along with quite a good pace, Shizuka was growing more impatient by the moment. Indeed, she wanted to finish this quest quickly so she can continue on with her experience grinding and become higher leveled, stronger and eventually surpass all the other healers in the game. With a frown, Shizuka tried to go faster in an attempt to bring the pace of the party up. Alright... Shizuka thought and that was when she heard a roar. Indeed, a roar. She knew a bit about the quest already and she had heard that the party would be fighting minotaurs and of course, Shizuka was well prepared for it. However, she had expected something a lot more intimidating because there it was, standing in front of the party. I bet there's gonna be another one. Shizuka thought and backed up a bit, allowing the other two to catch up so they can prepare an attack. "Seems like company," Shizuka smirked but of course, the smirk was hidden completely by her pink cloak.

HP List
Calrex: ?/?
   Energy: ?/?
      Hate: 0
Macradon: ?/?
Shizuka: 100/100
   Energy: 25/25

Enemies:
Minotaur: 
45/45
   Damage: 24

ID: 43002
Battle Dice: 10 (Accuracy +3) = 13 (+2 Damage)
Loot Dice: 3 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 6 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Vertical Arc>> Activated (4 Energy Used / 51 Remaining)

As Shizuka decided to walk ahead Calrex made note of the action, giving a small sigh to himself. The young lady certainly seemed to be in a much different mood from the last time he saw her, but he figured it was none of his business. If anything it would be something he would check in with Greg about should he run into him again.

As the minotaur appeared the Ultramarine Knight immediately rushed forward, activating his <<Vertical Arc>> Sword Art. Quickly unleashing the two fierce slashes he cut the creature into three pieces before it burst into crystals. Lowering his sword he gave a small sigh, looking back and giving a nod to his teammates.

HP List
Calrex: 300/300
   Energy: 51/55 (-4)
Shizuka: 100/100
   Energy: 25/25

Enemies:
Minotaur:
-3/45 (10+2 DMG * 4 Art = 48 DMG)

Edited by Calrex

"That was fairly quick" Macradon said. Not really much of a fight there. There really wasn't anything for Macradon to do other than just standing there like the background character he felt like at the moment. "Should we go for the other as well or just take the Hoya?" Macradon asked the rest of the party, there were two choices, one would still be damn easy to defeat and the other would just finish the quest. Macradon was unsure of what Shizuka wanted to do at this point. They head cleared the way to the Hoya, but they could still be fighting one more minotaur if they wished to do so. Macradon would just stand back and await reply.

Shizuka completely ignored the boy's comment. Instead, she had seen the pendant in the distance with its red, Hoya jewel glaring in the depths of the night. That's right, the pendant was the requirement for the Hoya quest completion. She smirked and took it from the random tree that it was hanging on and when she turned around, there was a minotaur right behind her. She gasped quietly before raising her sword. Alright then. Shizuka thought as she prepared to strike. If she didn't strike, the minotaur would strike instead and she would definitely not like that. Hence, she prepared the Uppercut sword art and held her straight sword by her side before pouncing upon the dark minotaur. "Hm," She said with a confident smirk from within that dark, pink cloak.

ID: 43049
BD: 1
MD: 8-2=6

Shizuka's smirk disappeared however when the minotaur twisted its body and easily dodged the attack that Shizuka had thrown at it. She gasped when the gigantic minotaur threw a fist at her and sent her flying through the air back to the two DPS players. "Argh," She said while opening one eye, obviously damaged by the impact of the receiving attack.

HP List
Calrex: 300/300
   Energy: 51/55
Shizuka:  76/100
   Energy: 23/25

Enemies:
Minotaur: 
45/45

Edited by Shizuka
Rolling Battle Dice

ID: 43107
Battle Dice: 6 (Accuracy +3) = 9
Sword Art <<Uppercut>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (5 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 47 Remaining)

Calrex cursed under his breath as he saw their team leader [censored] the Hoya, but was then promptly attacked by a second minotaur. Quickly rushing forward he activated his <<Charge>> skill once again, accelerating to a blinding speed before appearing in front of the monster. The Grand Blade lit alight with its light blue glow as he executed his <<Uppercut>> Sword Art. The strike hit home as the minotaur was struck by the attack, stumbling backwards before the Stun effect took hold.

Giving a calming breath he sheathed his sword, giving a nod to Macradon before he started making his way back. The young man was also a powerful fighter, so he suspected that this battle would be over with the next blow.

HP List
   Energy: 47/55 (-5+1)
      Hate: 1
Shizuka:  76/100

Enemies:
Minotaur:
19/45 (10+3 DMG * 2 Art = 26 DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

Shizuka was attacked by the second minotaur. She promptly ignored his question about it even, but it was k. She wasn't in any crucial danger, so it was alright. Calrex rushed in with his charge skill and managed to get a good chuck of its health down with a stunning sword art. Macradon understood the nod coming towards him. Macradon ran forward finally unsheathing his greatsword. He went towards the minotaur in a low guard, a neben hut guard. The sword was at his lower right held behind him. He would unleash 3 great uppercuts cleaving the minotaur in 4 pieces that quickly turned into polygon crystals and the into dust to only disappear. "Gosh ..." Macradon silently muttered for himself. "You ok?" he asked Shizuka who was struck by the minotaur. Of course she would be alright, but just in case nothing else had happened.

ID: 43115
BD: 6, hit. Scooped 3x1x8=24 dmg.

HP List
   Energy: 47/55 (-5+1)
      Hate: 1
Macradon: 82/82
   Energy: 15/18
Shizuka:  76/100

Enemies:
Minotaur: 
-5/45

Edited by Macradon

Shizuka shook her head in annoyance. Of course, she was alright. Despite the fact that she had no mitigation... She was still level 25 of course. She was able to handle an attack such as that. This only made the scene more interesting. "Yes," Shizuka replied as she realized that her hood had fallen down from her head. With a sigh, Shizuka put it back on. Too bad that that was over as soon as it started... It was starting to look like the good show. Shizuka thought with a lick of her lips. Shizuka then held up her pendant and faced it... checking for any damage. Of course, there had been no damage done to it... Even though the reason that she had completed the quest was to gain the skill point that was provided by this quest, the additional pendant was a good side reward as well. With a smile, Shizuka put on the pendant over her cloak, allowing it to shine under the night sky. "Let's go," Shizuka said commandingly before starting to walk back to where they had come from... Or at least, the general gist of it. Indeed, she had gotten the skill points that she wanted from this quest and that was her day's task being finished. Soon, she would be up there in the thirteenth floor where she would spend the rest of her day staring at a wall in despair and tears... But here in public, she shall not appear to be so sad.... Indeed, the change was evident... But she was nowhere close to breaking into tears out here... She would save that her own space.

As he had suspected, Macradon had finished off the minotaur with three powerful swipes of his greatsword. Glancing over he made note of Shizuka's current condition. She had certainly taken a hit, but not one that would put her into the yellow zone or lower. The young girl had certainly come a long way from when he had first met her, giving a nod as she simply said for the group to get moving, "Definitely not as vocal as the past few times, not even when we did the Guardian of Fire quest. I guess that might be something of concern. Maybe if this persists I'll check in with Tristan or Dom to see if they might know what's going on, at least if I don't see Greg anytime soon."

With a calming breath he swiped on his menu, the Grand Guard disappearing back into his inventory as he put his hands back into his jacket pockets. Looking over at his two teammates he gave a friendly smile and a nod, "Nice work there. We certainly made short work of this quest, although that doesn't really come as a surprise, heh."