[PP-F4] Passing On The Torch (Lowenthal, Zandra)COMPLETE

Jomei watched as the large boss that called himself Klaublauf crumpled into the icy ground below him. The group had once again completed another event pretty much flawlessly and without any casualties. With a sigh of relief and a smile, Jomei shoved his rapier back into its sheath on the opposite side of his body, "Of course, once again, I didn't even get to land a single hit on it.." Jomei looked over at Manta who had delivered the killing blow. With the rotation the group had set up, he would have been next to switch in.. but he was happy for the girl. 

Jomei walked over to the noirette that was his girlfriend and wrapped an arm around her, kissing her on the top of the head, "Hey, good job out there Zandra. Much better job than I did myself." he said with a chuckle. "I probably would have been able to do a bit more if I was not struggling with breaking from that ice as much." he rubbed the back of his head with an embarrassed look on his face. He then caught glimpse of Lowenthal, who was also present during the battle. He then recalled that the man wanted to speak to the two after this fight. Calling his friend over, Jomei addressed him on the topic. "Okay, now that the fight is over, lets head back into town and find a warm cafe to talk in, since you mentioned you had something to talk about." 

After a short walk back into Snowfrost town, following after scattered groups of the event raid party, Jomei led the group to a small coffee shop. Going inside the building, he found an unoccupied table that would sit the three. Once they were all seated, he ordered a hot coffee and looked to Lowe across the table, "Alright, shoot." 

Lowenthal smiled at hos froends across the table. He was happy for them, and was pleased to see them smile. Jomeo had been a friend, since the begining it seemed. Yet, the pain in his chest hurt like nothing before. Lowe let out a small sigh, and then he spoke, looking at the table. "I have news, which is both good and bad." Lowenthal began. "When I started Velvet Room it was to bind the players of SAO together, and make them a whole. Now sadly, fewer and fewer people are becoming adventurers and joining guilds. Which is why, I am retiring as leader of the Velvet Room." Lowenthal said, looking up from the table. The faces hos friends made, didnt shock him. He expected those looks. "And Zelrius is retiring from his position in Azure Brigade. And not too long ago, he came to me in person and we spoke." Lowenthal said, taking in a breath. "He wanted me, to take his place as the 'leader' of Azure Brigade. And, i said yes." Lowenthal stated, and allowed his friends to speak.

(Posted from phone, ignore mispellings and no colour)

Zandra saw her boyfriend apprach from where his group had been standing. A happy smile appeared on her face. She answered his gesture."Yes, you was unlucky to be in the first group. But Im sure you will be awesome next fight." She smiled at him and gave him another kiss. A few seconds later the smile dosapeared. It seemed Lowenthal wanted to speak to them. She knew he Jomei was good friends. But why would he want to speak with her. Both of them looked serious."Wait wha..." she stopped. She guessed she would get the answer at the cafe.

Zandra took a sip from the hot choclate when Lowenthal started to talk. When he said he was retiring she was just gonna place the cup on the table. But halfway she froze. She looked at him, eyes wide open. Then he finished off by saying he was gonna be the leader of Azure brigade instead and turned quiet. She placed the cup down."Well, if you..." she stopped and glanced at Jomei. They was best friends, she would leave this mostly to them."Nevermind. You can start Jomei." She said in a calm voice, leaned back and crossed her arms.

A hot cup of coffee was placed on the table in front of Jomei as Lowenthal began to speak about him starting Velvet. Jomei nodded at the waitress before giving his full attention to Lowenthal, letting the drink cool a bit before picking it up to drink it. After a couple of moments, Jomei picked up the coffee and took a sip, almost choking on it when Lowenthal declared he was retiring as leader of The Velvet Room. He wiped his lip, "Wait.. what? Are you serious?" His green eyes wide, looking across the table at his friend who confessed his intentions. But that was not all. Apparently Zelrius stepped down from his position in Azure as well.. which was just as much of a shock to Jomei, but not as much of a surprise at what Lowe said next. ".. T-Taking over Azure?" Jomei's jaw hung open for he could not believe what he was  being told. Sure, he was happy for his friend and all, but he also did not know what to truly think about it. "W-Well thats great and all.. and I'm happy for you. You deserve it.. but.. What the hell is going to happen to Velvet Room?" 

Lowenthal couldn't help but give out a smile. "Of course, I found my own replacement. I have no intention of leaving Velvet Room to gather dust." Lowenthal said, leaning on the table. He figured he should tell Jomei about the replacement. "Let's see,  you know him actually. He's brave, cunning, handsome. not as much as me, mind you." Lowenthal said, chuckling. "My replacement is you." Lowenthal said, looking at Jomei. Lowenthal wore a smirk, though he couldn't be even more serious. "I want you, to take over the Velvet Room, whilst I move over to Azure." Lowenthal said. "I can't think of anyone else that I could trust more with it." Lowenthal said again, taking a small sip from his drink. He turned his head to Zandra. "You had something you wanted to say?" He asked.

She listened to her boyfriend and guild leaders conversation. She didnt knew what to think about what she just herd they was talking about. Also, why did Lowenthal wanted her to be here as well. The guild leader turned to her and asked if she wanted to say something.''Me? Ehm... I was gonna ask same as Jomei.'' she felt realy uncomfortable. This was after all the second time she had talked to their guild leader.''I just wonder, why did you wanted me to be present? If you are gonna leave and Jomei gonna be the next leader, wouldnt it be more appropiate to only be you two? I know that you are realy good friends and you could have a boys night, talking about all fun things you have done with the guild and such.'' she looked down at the table.''And you and me have never realy talked before as well.'' she emptied the cup.

Jomei placed his elbows on the table, intertwining his fingers and resting his hands just before his mouth. He wondered just who it was who Lowenthal wanted to take his leader position. Surely, Jomei thought, that he must have been bringing someone in from the outside with leadership capabilities. But that was when Lowe took him by surprise.. telling him that he himself would be taking over the guild. Jomei closed his eyes and chuckled, "Didn't expect that one to be honest." He opened his eyes and placed his hands back down on the table. "I guess I don't have much more of a choice than to accept. I don't see myself much of a leader.. but I can't just let Velvet crumple to the ground." He then turned to Zandra, who questioned why she was invited to this chat about the man's promotion and other's leaving. "Well, technically, you're one of the other top ranking people in the guild.. Just as I am sure Lowe would have wanted Piera here as well.. if she answered her damn messages.. Other than that, it would have been rude to just leave you out in the cold on your own." he gave the girl a wink before turning back to Lowenthal.

"No one is born a leader Jomei, they make themselves one. When I started Velvet Room, it was with a small handful of people, most of which are either dead, or missing. And out of the original five. Only you and I remain." Lowenthal said, sadly. "I wish Piera was here, honestly. Perhaps, she could've even changed my mind on the whole matter. But, it's much to late now." Lowenthal said, with another hint of sadness. "And Jomei's right Zandra. You're the first, and so far only person in Velvet Room to actually account for their work. Not only did you grandmaster First Aide in such a short time, but you got the mod as well. You've stuck with us, through the best and the worst. I figured you've at least earned a spot up top." Lowenthal said, taking a swig of his drink. "And besides. I thought Jomei's Boo-Bear would want to hear the good news." Lowenthal said, chuckling.

Zandra felt a warmth spread on the face. Her whole face turned red when she got those kind comments from her guild member."Thanks for the compliments. About top players, for me thats only virtual numbers. What realy matters is the relationships between each others. A grandmaster skill could be fancy. But would be happier with that compared to a realy good friend." She swallowed. Would she say it now? Probably this is the best time."Also, I thougth... I..." nope, she cant do it yet, quickly cover it up."I thougth they couldnt pick a better replacement then you Lowenthal." She said with a truthfully and happy voice and gave him a friendly smile."Same goes to you sweetie." She said and gave him a light kiss."A big congratulation to the both of you." She clapped her hands, ignored if she got any strange looks from the other guests at the cafe.

"I'm sure she will be back." Jomei said with a hopeful smile, "Piera was never one to disappear on us.. being she was so bent out of shape as I..er we.. were about Carmine leaving us. Probably just going through things with Lee and needed a short break." Jomei opened up his menu, and scrolled through his friends list, checking one more time to make sure the girl and her boyfriend's names were still there... which they were. He let out a sigh of relief and closed it with the swipe of his hand. Jomei looked at Zandra with a smile on his face as Lowenthal complimented her on all her hard work she had done for the guild, to which she positively responded. "Thats right Zan.. you really have been really active with the guild and anything we have done." She then congratulated both of the men, giving Jomei a kiss on the cheek. Jomei smiled at her and then turned to look at Lowenthal. "Thank you.. Lowe.. for this opportunity. I'm sad to see you go.. and I will still probably go to you for guidance.. But I won't let you down." He then lowered his eyebrows and took a slightly more serious look, "But I just have one question.. What exactly caused Zelrius to leave his prized guild? In fact.. I didn't see him at the boss fight today either.. and he is always there." 

Lowenthal rubbed the back of his head. "You know, I didn't to ask. I figured that it wasn't ny of my business." He said, finishing his drink. "But, now that you ask I am curious. If I was a betting man, I's place it all on stress, and moments. I mean, being called the 'Hero' of Aincrad would put a lot of stress on anyone let alone Zelrius." Lowenthal said. "And God only knows how many people he's seen die in front of him, being on the front lines so long. If anyone's deserved a vacation, I'd say it's Zel." Lowenthal said,leaning back. "And I mean, I had a hard time running a guild. God only knows what would happen to me if I got ahold of that duel wielding skill." Lowenthal said, laughing.

Zandras head quikly turned to Jomei when she herd a female name she havent herd before. Piers she recognized, even met her two or three times. It was this Carmine. She was gonna comment it changed her mind, this wasnt the time discuss such things. Then the subject about why Zelrius had done what he had done was started."I dont have a clue why he is doing this either. Well, of course, I have only met him two times, but we didnt realy talked much." She turned her head towards Lowenthal."And Lowenthal, if you want any help you can call me anytime." She took a breath before she contiued, she didnt wanted her two friends to think she bragged. "Back in the real world, Ive been a guild leader for..." she counted on her fingers."...for about six years or so in several MMO's. Dont know if you have herd about 'the shining stars'? We have often been one of the top guild. Half of my awaken freetime went for planning and participating in guild related stuffs. In-game as well as in real."she paused and looked down a the table and scratching on it."I guess you already know how to be a guild leader, but if you want or wonder something, I'll help you if I can."

Jomei laughed lightly at Zandra's comments towards Lowenthal, mentioning she would be able to help him if need be. "Hey, he's not the only one that'll need some help with that. This is my first time ever running a guild." He then looked back at Lowenthal to reply to his previous statements, "Seems like it would have to do with something like that.. Zel really has been through a lot to get to where he was, had a lot of people run to him when they needed that help too.. He would definitely need a well deserved break." He let out a heavy sigh, feeling sorry for the man he grew to call his friend. "Well, we were lucky with the Kram.. whatever it was called.. We should be fine with future bosses and passing through to other floors." He picked up the white mug that held his white coffee and put it to his lips, taking a long sip. He looked at the contents of the cup as he placed it back down on the table.

Lowenthal's chair scooted out from under him, with a very audible screech noise. "Wait a second. The Shining Stars?!" Lowenthal said, quite surprised. "I mean, I've been trying to get a spot on that guild forever on a different game. And you, run it?" Lowenthal said, sitting back down. "Man. Who knew that all it took was getting trapped in a game of life and death." He said, laughing. He had already finished his drink, and he wasn't hungry enough to actually order anything. He had already said his piece. He had nothing else, and he was starting to feel like the third wheel. "So, Zandra. You have any cute single friends?" Lowenthal said, flashing a cheesy smile.

''Woah!'' Zandra said when Lowenthal startled her by pushing back the the chair and stand up. She droped the cup that she was just gonna drink from and it ran out over the table. It seemed Lowenthal knew about Shining stars. She looked at him with eyes wideopen. It seemed he even had tried to be a member there. Zandra pale face suddenly turned into red and she broke Lowenthal eyecontact and looked down, her hair covering the face.''Ehm... Im sorry that I didnt let you join, but since you let me into Velvet room. I promise when we get out of here you gonna have a reserved spot amongst the generals.'' she said, voice slowly fading out barely hearable. Then Jomei said that Lowenthal wasnt the only one in need for help. Then she looked up at him, her face still red but not as much as. She looked a little confused.''Oh... I thougth I would be a co-leader, 2nd in command, right hand or something like that. But I guess I was wrong. If you need any help, just ask then. I'll help you if Im able to.'' Then her attention went back to Lowenthal.''Any cute single friends? Im not sure if they are single but I do have quite alot of cute friends.'' she said and smiled at him.

"Well you are one of the High Priestesses of Velvet.. and since there's no longer a Magician and Piera is not around either, that does make you the second highest rank. So at the moment you would be one of the co-leaders." Jomei said to Zandra, his voice sounding slightly unsure, since he was not completely familiar with the ranking system in their guild, but either way with the situation as it is, it was true. Zandra told Jomei afterwards that she would be able to help him if she had the chance, which caused him to flash a slight frown.. but he shook off the thought. Lowenthal then jumped out of his seat after the mention of Zandra running The Shining Stars guild, causing Zandra to drop her drink, the cocoa spilling onto the table. Jomei looked at the drink and then back at Lowe and Zandra, who were completely caught up in the moment to notice. He laughed, wiping up some of the drink. After settling down, Lowe asked Zandra if she had any single friends to hook him up with. Jomei palmed himself in the face and shook his head, chuckling, "Lowe are you still looking for someone? I thought there was a new girl you were talking with...?" Jomei took another sip of his coffee, finishing off the drink. He then pointed over at Lowe's drink, "I think I'm going to order something else, want me to order you something?" he then turned and offered the same to Zandra. 

Lowenthal gave out a heavy sigh. "There was, but of course she flaked on me. Like normal." he leaned on the table. "I'm a cool guy right? I mean, I'm pretty likable yeah?" He said, flustered. He thought he had a lot of friends, but if that was true. Why was he feeling so alone all the time. He missed Piera, but she was gone. He missed Mari, but she was cryptic as always. Hell, he somehow missed Zelrius, but like iera he left for no reason. Only thing he knew was that it'd be a matter of time before Jomei left. He shook his head. "N-Nevermind. I'm thinking too much." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "And, that sounds nice Zandra. I can't wait." Lowenthal said, softly.

After all, Zandra was kinda second in the command, since she was the second highest rank, and that was after Jomei of course. She had been thinking about making a The Shining Stars guild in SAO aswell. She thougth this would be a good time to leave Velvet when the leader did. But since he passed the role to Jomei, and he seemed serious about this, she just couldnt leave and abandon her boyfriend like that."So dear, its Lowe that have handled this arcana part if I understand it correctly. Are you gonna keep up with it or change the guild in some way?" Then she turned to Lowenthal that seemed to think about something."Yeah, youre a cool guy. Much cooler then that irishman over there." She said and nodded towards Jomei. She said it like just a joke. But to late she realised what situation she had got stuck in."Ehm... or... I mean..." she didnt wanted to sound mean to Jomei but if she said it was a joke, then she maybe gonna hurt Lowenthal. Her cheeks got warm and turned red while looking at the both of them, couldnt let out a single word over her open lips.

Zandra began to speak to Jomei, asking if he would keep up with the whole arcana aspect of The Velvet Room. Jomei turned to look at her with a smile, "Most likely.. Unless it gets too confusing for me." he said with a laugh, turning back to Lowenthal, "I'll probably need some pointers in how that works as well." Jomei gave Lowe a slight frown, his eyebrows pinching together, when he mentioned that the girl stopped talking to him out of nowhere, "Jeez... Sorry." he truly felt bad for Lowenthal.. It seemed everyone he felt for just ended up leaving from his life in some ways or another. He sighed and smiled, "We will find someone for you soon enough." He hoped his positive outlook would give the man some confidence in finding someone to make the days in SAO easier. "Of course you're a likabl-" he stopped short when he heard Zandra say that he was cooler than Jomei, "H-Hey wait a minute!" he reached over to her, wrapping his arm around her neck and pulling her towards him playfully, rustling her hair with his other hand, laughing. 

Lowenthal paid for his drink, and as he did Jomei had grappled his woman and was horseplaying with her. He stared at them for a few moments, registering the small event before bursting out into laughter. "You two don't change." he said, through his laugh. Lowenthal finally calmed down enough to talk normally again, and stretched his arms. "Well, I'm off to go pack, and unpack. Gotta get all moved in into the new base and all that." He said halfheartedly as he stood up. "I'll catch you guys later." He said. He was glad he knew those two, and had no idea why he thought what he did before. Nothing would change between them, they were friends for life. Lowenthal gave a quick wave, before leaving the area.