PP - F4 Old Places, New Faces (Yunalesca, Jomei)

It had been some time since the Ultramarine Knight had visited the fourth floor. As he appeared in a flash of light he was greeted by the same sight he was accustomed to in the past. The gentle snowfall of the floor and the chill which would have caused potential harm were it not for his <<Survival>> skill or warm clothing. It was formerly the home of Teayre's Amethyst Boutique, as well as many other players' shops. Fond memories came to his mind as the bluenette gave a small sigh, "A lot of that is in the past now..."

Leaving the teleportation plaza Calrex put his hands into his jacket pockets as he looked above to see his blue peregrine falcon familiar, Roc, had also materialized, soaring over the settlement as the bird of prey's eyes seemed to scan the streets. "Well, where should I head first. I guess I could go take a look at some of the shops. It's been a while since Teayre and I were able to go on a casual date without having to fight anything. Maybe I can find her something nice."

As he scanned the various shops he entered into one, feeling the warmth of its interior hit him as he entered through its doors, "Hm...I guess I'll start here."

Entering into one aisle he began to look through the shopowner's wears.

Doing the same old thing, on the same old floor every day was no way to live, and yet, that is exactly what Yuna was doing. Upon realizing that a promise was made to herself to try and live a little more. Each starting town on every floor was a safe zone. There was no excuse as to why they had not been visited and explored yet. That reasoning brought her to her current location; the teleporter. For just a couple minutes the brunette stood there and thought about which town would be the right choice. During that time people came and left as they please. Finally, after several minutes, Yuna decided to just randomly pick a floor and go with it. That floor ended up being level 4. Not really knowing what to expect she stepped into the teleporter and was off. 

Seconds later the girl was stumbling out of the shining blue light. 'I really hate that thing..,' Yuna thought while massaging her temple to get rid of a slight headache that was starting to come. Then, something soft and white landed on the tip of her nose. Blinking and coming back to reality a glance was finally taken of the surrounding area. Pristine white snow covered everything. With that realization, the chill in the air also settled in. Smiling, Yuna wrapped her arms around herself in an effort to stop the shivering and started off. Walking would help keep her blood moving and the warmth coming. Eventually after several minutes, she gave in and entered a small shop. The warmth hit like a tidal wave. It stung for a mere moment before actually feeling pleasant. Shaking the snow out of the chocolate locks she started further into the shop. The longer she could stay in here the longer she didn't have to be outside. Too bad too, she wanted to play in the snow for a little bit.  

From the outskirts of the town of Snowfrost, the green cloaked player trudged into the town through the snow. On his shoulder sat a small brown owl, its face turned away from the man the shoulder belonged to as he spoke to the owl. "You really have to not let your stomach get the best of you Adere.." The owl huffed out its chest and replied with a sharp hoot, "But you followed that rabbit all the way out into the forest."  The owl turned its head back to Jomei and answered his claim with another two hoots. "We were half way up the mountain.." he let out a sigh and swiped his hand upward to open up his menu. A second later, a small brown scarf materialized over his arm, the one he used to wear with his starting armor. He wrapped the scarf around the owl, so her wings were kept down, but her face still showing. "There, that's what you get for talking back to me."

After walking into the town square, about to warp down to his shop on Floor Two, Jomei noticed a familiar blue haired man walking into a shop on the other side of the road. After a moment, and seeing a brown haired girl walk into the shop moments after him, Jomei decided to go in and see how his friend was doing. Opening the door to the shop, Jomei felt the immediate warmth of the building, despite the cold not bothering him too much from his <Survival> skill. He brushed off some of the snow that had accumulated on his free shoulder and walked over to Calrex, who was browsing some of the wares. "Hey there Calrex. What're you looking for?"  

Calrex wasn't looking at the various outfits before suddenly he heard a familiar voice from behind him. Turning around he immediately recognized it to be the ginger-haired rapier wielder of Velvet Room, Jomei. He gave a friendly smile as he turned to face the young man, "Geezes man you're gonna give someone a heart attack, heh. Nothing too much. I'm thinking about finding an outfit that would be a nice gift for Teayre."

Looking over he noticed that the man's familiar seemed to be...preoccupied with being bound up by Jomei's scarf. It gave the bluenette a laugh before returning back to the topic at hand, "How about you? I would have thought you'd be visiting Zandra's shop if you were on this floor."

Glancing over he saw that apparently another individual had also entered into the shop, a young brunette who probably blended more into the theme of the shop than he and Jomei did. He hadn't noticed previously, but the ratio of men's to women's outfits was highly favored towards the latter. It of course was the reason he was in the shop in the first place, but that didn't mean that he was fully in his "element."

"Well, I do know that Teayre certainly looks good in red, and that seems to be the color theme she has at the moment. I'm sure there's another outfit in here somewhere that would match appropriately. The only question is how far I have to dig in here in order to find it."

Only moments after entering the shop another person entered. Subconsciously Yuna moved to the side in order to be out of the way and let the person pass.The person—who was an orange haired male—strided confidently past her and into the shop. What caught the brunette's attention was not the fact that a male had just entered a clothing shop with an overwhelming majority of women's clothes, but the fact that the player had an owl resting comfortably on his shoulder. It had been adorably wrapped in a minuscule, brown scarf too. Being into the veterinary sciences in the real world, Yuna couldn't help but stare unabashedly at the feathered creature. Once more another involuntary step was taken, but this time, it was toward the player. Realization soon settled into her mind as to what was happening and it was quickly put an end with. Gently tapping her cheeks to refocus herself she started into the store. 

After asking the owner of the shop where warmer clothes could be found Yuna started that way. As she neared the location the sound of deeper voices could be heard. Turning the corner she was surprised to once more find the player with scarfed owl. If her memory served correctly, there was a quest one could take in order to acquire a pet, but the players in the game referred to is a familiar. That world only brought forth images of witches sitting beside cauldrons and black cats. Yuna preferred the word companion to pet or familiar. Moving to look through the clothes she tried very hard not to stare at the owl. Eventually, curiosity won though and once more the chocolate orbs found their way to the bird. It was a small thing with brown and white feathers. Of course, she couldn't see the face of the owl, but she was positive it was going to have wide black eyes too. Most of them did. Now Yuna was no bird expert, but its body appeared to be relaxed and untensed. Indicating a happy bird. At that observation, the corners of her lips curved upward to form a small, but pleasant, smile.

'I need to stop staring, it's rude,' Yuna thought strictly 'but I really wish I could touch it." Forcing herself to readjust her gaze to the clothes she started to search for something to keep the chill out of her bones. In the back of she really hoped he, or his friend for that matter, had not noticed the staring. At this point, though, that was more than likely just wishful thinking. 

"Didn't know my face was that scary" Jomei said with a grin and chuckle. Calrex was apparently searching through the shop for Tearye. As much as he recalled, he barely knew anything of the girl.. only met her once as far as he remembered.. on the opposite side of her blade during the S&Z Season. He stepped next to Calrex and browsed through the clothing on the rack himself, almost as if helping him, but also just looking to see what they had. He heard Calrex laugh, which caused his eyes to move over to him. From his gaze, he could tell he was looking at Adere on his shoulder, wrapped up in a scarf. The ginger smirked and brought his hand up to his shoulder, patting the owl on her head, "Well, I was down here originally to do that.. but she's been busy with brewing up some new potions. That was when this hungry one caught glimpse of a rabbit, dragging us up the mountain to catch it.. which she didn't." Jomei said with a glare at the owl before laughing, patting her on the head again. 

As Jomei continued his conversation with the blunette, the owl on his shoulder turned its head about ninety degrees when it sensed a presence staring at her. With its large eyes it looked at the girl, cocking its head back and forth before making a cooing noise, little bulges at the side of the scarf poked out where it went to extend its wings in greeting. Jomei turned his head to look in that direction when he heard his owl and noticed the girl looking in their direction. He greeted the girl with a friendly smile, "Hey there, looks like you caught Adere's attention."  

"Heh, Adere back to the usual hungry pursuits? I'm surprised sometimes at how independent Roc is at procuring his own food. I guess being one of the top of his original group it makes sense, but I have seem him stuff some rather dangerous insects down his gullet."

Calrex gave a friendly smile to his friend and previously drinking buddy before looking over to see that both Jomei and his familiar had directed their attention over to greet the third person in the shop that was apparently peeking at Adere every once and a while. The bluenette wasn't surprised. Many of the familiars that people decided to obtain within the game were certainly ones that would be considered a sight to behold in the real world. Even Ssendom's phoenix, Amethyst, was one that caught his eye every once and a while from the flames licking off its form.

Taking a short break from searching for Tearye's gift Calrex straightened up and turned to chat with the young lady as well, holding off until she responded to Jomei's inquiry before putting in his own two bits.

Not even seconds after refocusing—or  attempting to anyways—on the rack of clothes the owl suddenly glanced toward her making a soft cooing sound. It's wings attempted to flutter out in greeting but were stopped by the soft brown fabric that kept it warm. Just like predicted large, black orbs stared back curiously. Yuna eyes automatically lite up in reaction to the display. It took a second to realise that not only did she now have the owl's attention but the two males who had been having a seemingly pleasant conversation. By that point, the owl's companion had already addressed her. The other was watching and waiting. "It would seem so," Yuna sheepishly grinned, cheeks turning slightly red at the fact that she had been caught staring, "I apologise for staring, it was rather rude of me, but your owl--Adere--is just...incrediable." 

There had been an effort to the wonder out of her voice, but no matter how hard Yuna tried it just wouldn't go away. Only once had someone brought an owl into the vet program at her University. The owl that day was magnificent too, but his' wing had been brutally damaged. Luckily, the clinic was able to recuperate it, but it was no longer able to fly. He was given to the local nature reserve to use as an educational animal. Apparently he was real hit with the kids. Just like that owl, this one had the sense of awareness that seemed almost human. Even it if was a computer program, it was kind of strange.  

Jomei smiled brightly at the girl's pleasant reaction to Adere's looks. Seemed to be a true animal lover. Looking from the girl to the owl, Jomei reached up and unwrapped the scarf from around the small bird, revealing the rest of its small brown and white body, letting it stretch its wings. Jomei looked back to the brown haired girl, "Go ahead. Go say hi." he said with a smile. The bird then spread its wings before flapping them, taking off of the man's shoulder and hovered there for a moment. She then slowly flew over to the girl and perched on her shoulder, turning around to face towards Jomei and Calrex. The irishman laughed, "She may be a troublemaker sometimes.. but Adere's one of the friendliest owls you'll ever meet." He watched as the owl greeted the girl by cooing and situating herself comfortably on the girl's shoulder. Jomei then blinked, "Oh, I'm Jomei by the way. And this is Calrex." he pointed his thumb over his shoulder towards the blue haired man. 

Calrex kept silent as the girl spoke, giving a small laugh at the sight of her reaction. It was always nice to see genuine emotion and excitement, something that he saw on occasion. Since being a frontliner, it seemed he saw less and less of the happiness that was present when he was a lower level player. Back then things seemed to move a little bit slower, and everyone was a little more carefree. There wasn't as much weight on their shoulders to try and get the floors unlocked, merely focusing on leveling up at their leisure. It was something he didn't really realize until he became a high level player.

After Jomei introduced the both of them the bluenette gave a friendly smile and a small bow from the shoulders, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Just be careful about being around anything related to food. Jomei's familiar here has a bigger appetite than anyone I've ever seen."

Gently relaxing his arms at his sides he gave a quick glance around the shop, trying to spy any red outfit. Unfortunately, it seemed that he got too much: There were more outfits within the store than he could count. "Well...at least I've got a lot of choices to pick from..."