[F8-PP] Hunting for those sweet sweet mats [Grave]

Macradon would ready himself and go to the 8th floor to gather materials. It wasn't like he was in a dire situation to get any, but it was a good thing to get anyways. The 8th floor was one of those floors he hated a lot. It was a giant forest where he nearly died by the big treants that roamed the floor. Though that episode happened many level ago, Macradon had advanced himself to a higher level where he would be able to kill the mobs on this floor with much ease. He was wearing his usual outfit. Crusader's sallet helmet, Crusader's Halfplate armor and his Crusader sword. Underneath the armor was his green and black robes that nearly made him blend into the scenery of the forest, but his shining armor really made him shine through the green camouflage of the forest.

The Eighth Floor; a place where I nearly died to a croc attack in the large body of water situated deeper into the giant forest. Okay, maybe I lied, I did not even take a hit, instead I helped a girl mutilate the croc, but the topic still stays the same; croc attack.  However, I thought maybe some farming there might be nice, and I cannot say I was wrong.

I stalked through the forest, ready to beat the crap out of anything that moved... and then I saw it; a metallic glint.  However, mobs on this floor did not usually carry weapons... I strode forwards and peeked through the bush, seeing an armour-clad, surprisingly helmeted player standing with his back to me. Having no wish to frighten the youth, I strolled in a wide arc so that I gradually came into his vision. "Why, hello there." I greeted the male, scanning him up and down; he was a sword user, not exactly a rare occurrence.  My preferred method of combat on the other hand... I guess I will just leave that as a pun to explain. "You are out for a nice, calming hunting session too, I trust?" I asked, wondering if the player would mind some company.

Edited by Grave

[OOC: I'm impressed that you can see through my helmet and spot my hair. Just for reference, this is a sallet helmet.]

Macradon walked in the forest, looking for some mobs that would give him a challenge for those mats they had, though he wasn't sure if he was gonna fight anything decent down on the 8th floor. Macradon noticed something in the corner of his eye. He would look towards the object and focus on it with both his eyes, slowly turning towards it to see what it was. He would pull up the visor of his helmet to get a better look at the person. It was a man, looking slightly older than Macradon. Though the man wasn't someone Macradon knew, he didn't seem hostile. Macradon would look towards him with his red eyes. "Hello" he said, replying the man's hello. "Well a farming session it is, but calming ... not so much." he said with a disappointed voice because he was sure that no strong mobs would lurk these floors.

(Sorry >.< Not used to players who wear helmets)

Through the open visor of the player's helmet, I could tell he was certainly younger than me, but only by a few years, give or take.  And those crimson eyes were certainly an enchanting pair of jewels. "Ah, yes... hunting never really is calming, now that I think of it... unless of course you are against some kind of a sloth, an experience I have yet to see." I responded with a chuckle. "Would you be against a fellow hunter tagging along?" I popped the question, bandage bound fists against my hips.

Macradon would doff his helmet and put it away in his inventory. "I wouldn't really mind" he said as his snow white hair appeared that was kept away from his helmet. He would look at the man standing in front of him. Bandages on his hands, might either be someone with a light weapon or someone using martial arts. Of all those he had met that used martial arts were all wearing those hand wraps. He wouldn't mind seeing how those martial artist users fight. Macradon was used to see big battleaxes, rapiers, daggers, one handed straight and curved sword, but never really taking a look at someone using the martial arts skill. "Any kind of mob you're looking for?" he would ask the man.

I grinned in joy as the male accepted the request and revealed a head of alabaster hair; I had only seen one other player with the same shade, and strangely enough his name was reminiscent of the word I used, Abalasster. "No, no particular mobs, just looking for anything really." I responded, shrugging. I looked forward to showing off my martial arts skills, and I felt the need to rest out one particular Sword Art... hopefully we ran into a few opponents.

Macradon sighed.If the man wasn't looking for anything in particular and Macradon was looking for rare mobs on the floor, they wouldn't get anywhere with that, though Macradon was still determined to stay with this man. Macradon would make sure that the two would have enough materials and col by the end of the day. A sound of trembling ground and falling treed filled the forest. Something was coming at them. "Prepare yourself" he said to the man, of course this guy would be able to handle himself in an environment like this, at least Macradon hoped so. Macradon would pull out his big great sword and go into stance, facing the direction of the noise. 5 big treants appeared emerging from the trees. Macradon would sprint to the side for now and make 4 of them follow him and let one of them go for man. "Don't die, ok? Just take care of the small one!" he said at he would get away from the man for a short duration. Macradon would drink one of his damage increasing potions to make sure the farming would go smoothly for now.

- Health List -
  Macradon: 96/96
Energy: 24/24

Graves: 56/56
Energy: 14/14

Old treant : 48/48 HP, 36 DMG, 8 MIT.

Treant: 32/32 HP, 24 DMG, 8 MIT.

- Total Loot -
Snowflakes: 0
Col: 0
Mat: 0

I sat in a low stance, prepared for whatever creatures may have been storming us. Suddenly a large group of giant Ents bowled into the clearing... but they seemed much too thin to be Ents; they were something different. "Alright!" I agreed, cracking my knuckles beneath the creature.  It made a downwards swing, and I simply sidestepped around. I brought my right foot back and sat low, my feet becoming engulfed in a dark, purple haze. My right struck the upper leg of the monster, while my left collapsed his knee. I struck with my right and caught him in the gut with a side kick, before leaping off of his bent knee and delivering a deadly chop to his neck. The beast tumbled to the ground and I quickly rolled away, prepared for him to pull himself up. "Alright, let us get this rocking~" I mused, jumping on my toes.

ID: 46206 BD: 11 (7 + 2 + 3) MD: - 2 = +2 BD (1 - 3)

Sword Art Used: Delayed Sword - 7 x 4 - 8 = 28 - 8 = 20 DMG

Party:
Grave: 56/56 | NRG: 10/14 | D: 7 | M: 9 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 9 | Hate: 1 (Normal Treant)

Macradon: 96/96 | NRG: 24/24 | Other Stats: ? | Hate: 0

Enemies:
Old Treant: 48/48 | D: 36 | M: 8

Treant: 12/32 | D: 24 | M: 8

Edited by Grave

Macradon would aggro the big stronger treants and let Graves take care of the smaller one. Graves didn't seem like a kick over so Macradon wouldn't really be too scared about his safety. As Macradon had been taking the bigger treants to a place where Macradon would be able to kill them all in one attacks. Macradon would turn around and prepare himself. He would angle his blade and begin his sword art <Fight Blade>. He rushed forward with his <Charge> skill and kill the treants with 6 great cleaves. His big greatsword helped Macradon slay the great treants with ease, taking them down. He would finish his sword art and go back to where Graves were supposed to be located at. "I'm back, how's going?" he asked.

ID: 46219
BD: 5+1=6, hit. Charge +1. Potion +1. Fight blade 6x1x(8+1+1)-8=52 dmg.
LD: 14

- Health List -
Energy: 12/24

Energy: 10/14

Old treant : -4/48 HP, 36 DMG, 8 MIT. 

Treant: 32/32 HP, 24 DMG, 8 MIT.

- Total Loot -
Snowflakes: 4
Col: 960
Mat: 4

Edited by Macradon

The tree man was quick to lash out with a thin, whip-like branch from the palm of his oaken hand, and the weapon lashed the air before my face as I sidestepped out of its way. I retorted by rushing towards the downed monster, close to beginning a Sword Art, until the creature rolled out of my line of fire. "Damn it!" I cursed, backing up to the white haired male. "Well, well enough, I guess... how about-" I looked over my shoulder and halted my speech when none of the other four could be seen. "Alright, I am not going to bother asking." I concluded, suddenly feeling extremely small.

ID: 46484 BD: 5 (3 + 2) MD: 3 (6 - 3)

Party:
Grave: 56/56 | NRG: 8/14 | D: 7 | M: 9 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 9 | Hate: 1 (Normal Treant)

Macradon: 96/96 | NRG: 12/24 | Other Stats: ? | Hate: 0

Enemies:
Old Treant: 0/48 | D: 36 | M: 8

Treant: 12/32 | D: 24 | M: 8

Edited by Grave

Macradon would smile and sheathe his sword back again. The man didn't need any help defeating the one treant in front of him. Macradon would notice some other treants appearing not too far away, going towards Macradon. In the mean time Grave would be taking care of the treant he was facing, Macradon would head towards the oncoming ones. "Take care!" he said before he used <Charge> towards the oncoming monsters. They seemed to be big old treants as well. He drew his sword out of its sheath and rush towards the treants. With a quick sword art he would get those pesky treants down before they could be able to do any harm.

ID: 46547
BD: 7, hit. Charge +1. Potion +1. Fight blade 6x1x(8+1+1)-8=52 dmg.
LD: 8

- Health List -
Energy: 1/24

Energy: 8/14

- Total Loot -
Snowflakes: 8
Mat: 8

Edited by Macradon

More of the giant trees appeared from nowhere, and I did not have to wish the white haired warrior luck; I knew he would simply take them out in one fell swoop. I still had to deal with the bastard before me. He recovered from his roll with the swiftness of a falcon and quickly came rushing back, swinging an arm down towards me. I stepped backwards, watching the wooden claws pierce the earth in front of me and leaped upon the giant limb, launching myself onto a nearby tree and flipped off, sending a deadly backflip kick into the wooden creature's skull. As I landed, I activated <<Delayed Sword>> again, my feet obliterating the monster, until I cleaved its head from its stump-like shoulders with a flat hand. I stood looking away from the creature, hand still outstretched like a blade, until I heard the heavy thump of the head falling to the ground. My feet closed together and I 'sheathed my sword', placing my palm at my hip and stalking back over to the overpowered swordsman.

ID: 46885 BD: 13 (9 + 2 + 2) MD: -2 = +2 BD (1 - 3)

Sword Art Used: Delayed Sword - (7 + 1) x 4 - 8 = 8 x 4 - 8 = 32 -8 = 24 DMG (4 NRG)

Regen +1 Energy

Party:
Grave: 56/56 | NRG: 5/14 | D: 7 | M: 9 | A: 2 | E: 3 | Thorns: 9 | Hate: 1 (Normal Treant)

Macradon: 96/96 | NRG: 1/24 | Other Stats: ? | Hate: 0

Enemies:
Treant: --12/32 | D: 24 | M: 8

LD: 17 = 1 Treant Apple + 160 Col 

Edited by Grave

After Macradon had slain the evil old treants, he would return back to where Grave stood before. The big treants would disperase into the pixels and crystal for them then to disappear like all other mobs did when slain. Macradon would sheathe his sword on his back again and open up his inventory, didn't seem like he needed the helmet anyways, so why not just take it off? He would put his helmet away in his inventory so he had a clearer vision of everything instead of the protection it gave him. "Seems like you handled it quite well" Macradon said as he returned to Grave. "You seem like a strong fighter, and with that fighting style of your's. I haven't ever seen Martial Arts used in combat, only knew a few people who had it" he said. Admiring the skill that he could've gotten but chose not to because he didn't really need it.

ID: 46981
LD: 5

- Total Loot -
Mat: 8

Edited by Macradon

I nodded to the male as he commented on my skill with <<Martial Arts>>. "Well, first I used two handed longswords, then one handed curved swords, and then I took the <<Martial Arts>> quest, and I kind of just liked the feeling of beating the [censored] out of everything with my fists and feet, not to mention I did a few years of Tae Kwon Do in the real world, so that helps." I informed him, before turning the conversation around. "But holy crap, you cut through those bastards like a laser! I kind of feel underpowered now..." I admitted, looking down in shame. I then realised something. "Hold up, you never told me your name?" I requested under the guise of a statement

ID: 47077

LD: 7 = Nope

Edited by Grave

Macradon heard the list, so many different swords before he chose to use his fists to eff things up. "Well I guess you've tasted a bit of everything then" he said with a smirk and crossed his arms. "Heh, seems like I'm not the only one who did some martial arts before the game caught us" he said with a chuckle. He would ponder about it. Macradon was skilled in martial arts as well, but they would do nothing in game here unless he would get the skill, but he just didn't want to, so he'd let it be. "Don't feel underpowered" Macradon said "The Two handed straight sword is just strong in are af effect sword arts, plus my level really shows through down here" he said with a smile. "Oh, sorry!" Macradon reacted towards Grave's statement. "I'm Macradon, Blacksmith on the 1st floor!" he said with a smile and stood back up straight. 

I chuckled when the male said I had 'tasted a bit of everything'. "Well, not really. Sure, I have tried both two handed and one handed weapons, but that is far from a taste of everything. A two handed axe varies from a two handed sword, and a one handed mace is very much different to a one handed sword." I explained smugly. "I do plan on messing around with every weapon some day, but I will stay with <<Martial Arts>>, it feels right to me." I said with a shrug. "Oh, you also did some kind of martial arts? Pray tell, my friend!" I requested for him to tell me about it; I was eager to hear what he did in the real world. "Well, yeah... I guess, but it also goes to show that my skill is not fit for a floor even just this far up." I retorted. As much as I was slightly arrogant, my level and skill in the game were something I was extremely pessimistic of. He proceeded to introduce himself as 'Macradon' and my eyes widened. "Wait, Macradon, you are a friend of Zandra's!" I mused, glad I was finally able to meet him. "Oh, wow, it really is a small world- er, castle, I guess." I corrected, scratching the back of my neck.

It was true that Grave haven't been in touch with all of the weapon types in the game, but he had had his fair share of near to everything in the game. "That's true" he agreed. Macradon would react upon Macradon's martial arts training. "Well, the town I moved to back in real life was a crime filled town, and all I could do was to keep myself alive from there as well" he started. "I was taught in self defense from several MMA and Muay Thai champions of the region, and a master of Kung Fu Toa also gave me tons of lessons. I was later taught by a local temple about Chinese weaponry and my own heritage upon those weapons. So I do have a lot of knowledge on this" he said. His fighting mentality really helped in a game like this where he would be able to react faster than normal people and the experience he had from crime scenes in his own town also gave him something to remember and train upon. Macradon was fit for this game, but swords as big as the one he was wielding wasn't anything he was trained in at all. "You were able to defend yourself against a monster from this floor, you're fit for it. Just because I can handle bigger elite mobs of the floor doesn't mean you're worse on this floor than I am" he tried to comfort Grave. Macradon's eyes would spark when Grave mentioned Zandra "Yeah, I'm a friend of Zandra, where do you know her from?" he asked with a smile.

My eyes widened at the large amount of martial arts Macradon listed. "Oh, my, you certainly have had a good taste of what the world has to offer!" I said, scratching the back of my head, suddenly feeling weak with just my Tae Kwon Do to back me up. I am sure if we had a no-Sword Arts, hand-to-hand spar, he would kick my ass flat out. "I have zero experience in weaponry, so I came into here a little blind." I admitted, slightly regretting that I did not take up Kendo in my few years in Japan before entering the game. "So in a real world fight, I think you would beat me to a pulp!" I admitted with a full-blown laugh. I smiled gratefully when Macradon continued to praise my skills. "Well... thanks. As you can see, I think very little of my level and skills here... mainly for one reason..." I began droning off, until I pieced myself back together. "Well, she was originally a customer at my diner, and as payment for some commissioned items, we went on a hunting expedition together, and then I met her again on Floor Eight, and we have become great friends over that time... I trust her enough to talk to her about my love life, I will have you know." I admitted with a small, nervous chuckle.

Macradon would shrug his shoulder with a smile. "It's good you have someone to trust that much. Even though I've become close friends with her and we both go to each other's shops for stuff, I still haven't found anyone I keep hat close, that is of yet" he said, somewhat jealous that Grave had someone he trusted that much. Macradon would lean to the side slightly. A rustle in the leaves would make Macradon react. He looked over his shoulder to see some treants coming, again. "Welp, time to fight" he said as they would draw near towards the two. Macradon would charge towards the oncoming treants and cleave down with his big greatsword, killing them before htey were able to react.

ID: 47140
BD: 10, crit +2. Charge +1. Potion +1. Fight blade 6x1x12-12=60 dmg.
LD: 9

- Health List -
Energy: 12/24

Energy: 14/14

Old treant : 48 HP, 36 DMG, 12 MIT. 

- Total Loot -
Mat: 12

Edited by Macradon
  • 4 weeks later...

I chuckled at Macradon's statement. "I do wish you the best in finding someone that you can trust like that..." I assured him, gently placing my hand over his shoulder. I simply smiled and watched Macradon bolt off towards his prey. My own opponents rumbled through the brush to confront me, standing in a highly imposing circle around me. Well... not really that imposing when you know you can cleave all four in half with a kick. Crouching low, I leaped into the air above the circle of Treants, my foot glowing a blazing white... which quickly evolved into a electric yellow, reminding me of my old paralysis attacks. With a wide grin, I lashed out, the golden energy tearing through the monsters and cutting them down as a lumberjack wood- erhm, would. I gracefully dropped back down through the air and landed upon the grass, the dead bodies of the Treants becoming nothing but blue data around me.

ID: 49120 BD: 11 (9 + 2) MD: 1 (3 - 2)

Sword Art Used: Tornado Kick - (7 + 1) x 6 - 8 = 8 x 6 - 8 = 48 - 8 = 40 DMG + AoE (12 NRG)

Party:
Grave: 56/56 | NRG: 2/14 | D: 7 | M: 9 | A: 2 | E: 2 | Thorns: 9 | Hate: 0

Macradon: 96/96 | NRG: ?/24 | Other Stats: ? | Hate: 0

Enemies:
Treant: 40/40 | D: 24 | M: 8

LD: 14 = Nothing

Edited by Grave