PP - F7 Depths of the Mountain (Sub-Dungeon Exploration) (CaptUndead)

"Alright, let's get this under way..."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he materialized on the seventh floor in the settlement of Nimbus. His eyes opened as his vision was welcomed by the faint lights that lit up the city. As he shook his head he glanced upwards to see that his familiar had also materialized in a flash of light. Putting his hands into his pockets he looked forward before starting to make his way through the streets towards the gate leading out into the field zones.

"I've got some time before things get picking up again. Better make best use of it and see if I can find another one dungeon."

As he reached the gates of the settlement the bluenette swiped on his menu to make sure all of his combat gear was equipped at the ready, making sure to have the Grand Chariot II in his at-ready item slots before giving a small sigh, "Hm...I wonder if I should check and see if there's anyone that would like to come along for this trip."

Swiping on his menu he began to browse through his friends list to see who could possibly be available for the excursion.

Edited by Calrex

Unknowingly, not far from where Calrex is, Nobuyuki was on his regular daily routine of gathering Mat and get some experience on the way. Climbing up to a high vantage point, Nobuyuki opened his HUD and check for the time and where should he go next to avoid inconvenience. While scouting around on the Map, he saw a green dot with a name plate laybeled <Calrex>. "Hmm... Why is he here? Isn't the front line hosting a raid party soon?" Nobuyuki asked himself, wondering why isn't Calrex in the front line ready for the floor boss raid. 

"Hm...dang there's a lot of people I have contacts fo..."

Before he could finish his thought Calrex saw a notification appear next to one of the names on his list, indicating that the person was in close vicinity to his current location, "Tobi? Huh, I haven't seen him since the Guardian of Fire quest. I wonder if he'd be up for a little more adventuring."

Sending out a short message he gave a small sigh as he stretched his arms, limbering himself up for the potentially draining series of battles ahead. "I'll just hang out here for a few moments to see if he responds. This is probably a better meeting point than trying to find each other out in the field zones."

Moving over to a nearby bench he sat down and laid back, calmly resting his hands in his lap, "Now the hope is that I can actually find one of the advanced dungeons this time around. I've already done a beginner and a few intermediate dungeons, but supposedly there is another level above those that yield more experience, but also tougher challenges."

While planning on returning to his usual grinding, Nobuyuki received a message from Calrex. An invitation to join him on a little adventuring. "Well... can't say no now..." Nobuyuki let out a sigh, tracing on the map to find the shortest way to get to Calrex. Few minute later, he was able to reach Calrex through climbing a mountain, instead of took the normal route which was going to took a lot of time. Seeing the Ultramarine warrior stood and wait for him, Nobuyuki took the short cut and slides down from the mountain. But while doing so, he tripped over a large rock on the slide and gone airbourne. Landed on his face, Nobuyuki was lucky that the game didn't took fall damage into recognition, or else that would be a lame way to go, died of tripping onto his face.

"Hm?"

As Calrex's gaze panned upwards he saw a person barreling down a nearby mountainside before tripping, sailing through the air before faceplanting into the ground. Feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head the bluenette got to his feet, beginning to walk over. However, when he saw that it was his acquaintance he went up to a light jog as he covered the rest of the distance, "Well...that was certainly quite the entrance. You alright?"

Helping the young man to his feet he gave a friendly smile before putting his hands into his pockets, "Glad you could make it Tobi. I'm about to go searching for another sub-dungeon to train in and saw you were nearby. Figured it would be a good idea to see if you wanted to come along. How's things been?"

"Ow... That's gonna leave a dent." Nobuyuki mumbled, rubbing on his forehead as he took Calrex hand and pulled himself up. "Yeah, I'm fine. 'Tis but a flesh wound." Nobuyuki replied to Calrex, brushing off the dust on his coat and pants. When he heard of Calrex planning on finding a dungeon, Nobuyuki became intrigued of the quest. "A dungeon... Never been to one of those." Nobuyuki thought, before accepting Calrex offer. "Yeah, sure. I'm up for a dungeon run." Nobuyuki exclaimed, opened his inventory and equipped the Four-Leaf Clover necklace, replacing his Pendant of Icarus. "Yeah... Not much is going on at the time being. All I did is just grotesque grinding sessions." The young warrior replied to Calrex, readied to venture out to find a dungeon.

"Yeah, I've definitely been there, probably more than I'm willing to admit, heh."

As his teammate dusted off and tended to his wound Calrex gave a nod at his approval, "Alright then, supposedly there's a dungeon that's hidden inside of a mountain. We'll probably need to head away from the temples and valley region if we're going to find it."

With that he directed Tobi in the direction the bluenette figured would be the best route to head in. Exiting the gate they took the higher path leading upwards higher into the mountainous regions. Soon enough Nimbus fell out of view as they entire surroundings became layers upon layers of mountain faces, "Supposedly this is also salamander and large bird territory, so be on guard in case any enemies decide to try and ambush us. I don't think there's anything on this floor the two of us can't handle, but it doesn't hurt to be safe."

"I suppose so." Nobuyuki replied. He had only come to Nimbus for sight seeing, and was readied to make his return to the eight floor, but he didn't think that he would be searching for a dungeon here. Nobuyuki has never fond of height, and the second and seventh floor have never been his favorite, nor does he despise it as much as the forth floor. But nonetheless, he don't like it. Traveling for a while, Nobuyuking thought it might as well be a good idea to look for material to grab while along the way. Alas, he couldn't see nothing of use. Shrugged he continued following Calrex, as the Ultramarine lead the way.

ID: 47999

LD: 9+3=11

Found: nothing

Edited by CaptainUndead

Calrex gave a nod as he looked and took notice of the young man following along searching for materials in the environment. At this point he figured he was focusing on searching for the dungeon, and as such decided to dedicate his searching abilities to discerning the entrance, "Usually when I've been on this floor I've usually headed towards the temples and the lower mountain areas. This is the first time I've explored the upper area, so there's definitely the possibility of there being some creates I haven't seen before spawning. However, if it's anything like the creatures in the lower area, they're most likely going to be similar to the salamanders of this area."

Calrex wasn't wrong. The monster in the upper area are indeed similar to one of the salamanders in the area below. However these monster fight much more aggressive, and was armed to the bone. The strongest monsters usually the most aggressive type, and one was lurking around when both passed by. From the mountain top, it dropped down right in front of both of the warriors. The Lizard Man hissed at the two, both hand equipped with a large scimitar, and a rounded wooden shield. Its slit-eyes stared hungrily at both of them, preparing to engage battle. 

"This one seemed like it's a little tough. Have you ever seen one of these before?" Nobuyuki asked, drew his sword from behind his back and got ready. The Lizardman slowly inches forward, letting out a slow hisses, warned them to back away. Quickly, Nobuyuki opened his Inventory and exchanged the Pendant of Icarus back from the Four-Leaf Clover.

CaptainUndead: 64/64 HP | Energy: 16/16 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 11 | (Hate: 0)

Calrex: 237/237 HP | Energy: 58/58 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 30 | (Hate: 0)

VS

Lizard Warrior: 150/150 HP | DMG: 50 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 |

• Passive: Bezerker's rage - after health has been reduced to half, discard all Damage Mitigation and gain an extra 15 DMG.
Edited by CaptainUndead

<<Howl>> Activated (+3 Hate to all enemies)

"Honestly? Not since quite some time back, and that was within a mountain cavern itself. Nonetheless, it's a refreshing sight on this floor."

Drawing the Grand Blade II Calrex gave a calming breath as he raised his sword high, the light blue aura surrounding his sword and resonating with his armor. Piercing the ground he released the energy in his <<Howl>> technique, the resounding roar expanding out from his armor. The lizardman locked its eyes on the bluenette as he extracted his weapon.

"Let's treat this just like any other battle. I'll focus on keeping its attention on me while you focus on attacking. This one seems fairly agile, so if you can connect a stunning Sword Art that might be the most beneficial in this situation."

HP List
CaptainUndead:
64/64
   Energy: 16/16 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 11 | (Hate: 0)
Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 58/58 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | (Hate: 0+3)

Enemies:
Lizard Warrior: 150/150
DMG: 50
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Passive: Bezerker's rage - after health has been reduced to half, discard all Damage Mitigation and gain an extra 15 DMG.

Nobuyuki nodded, agreed to what Calrex had in mind. As the Ultramarine got the attention of the lizard, Nobuyuki quickly ran toward the thing from the side, his sword glowing bright limelight. Before the Lizard was able to react, Nobuyuki swung his blade in a straight line, then another after another, tracing the shape of a vague star. With a kick to push the lizard back, Nobuyuki left it staggered, unable to move. "There! It's stunned." Nobuyuki shouted for his partner, signaled him to attack.

ID: 48011 

BD: 6+2-2=6 {Hit!}

MOB: Stunned

CaptainUndead: 64/64 HP | Energy: 7/16 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 11 | (Hate: 1)

Calrex: 237/237 HP | Energy: 58/58 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 3 | MIT: 30 | (Hate: 3)

VS

Lizard Warrior: 127/150 HP | DMG: 50 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 25 | ( - ((( 7 + 1) * Star Quint Prominence: 3x2) - 25) = -23 DMG)

• Passive: Bezerker's rage - after health has been reduced to half, discard all Damage Mitigation and gain an extra 15 DMG.
Edited by CaptainUndead

ID: 48045
Battle Dice: 4 (Accuracy +3 / Evasion Negated Due to Stun) = 7
Loot Dice: 9 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 12 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Shadow Explosion>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (9 Energy Used / 47 Remaining)

"Nice! Just leave this to me!"

If it hadn't been for Tobi's stunning Sword Art's success, it was possible that Calrex's following attack might have failed. As he rushed forward the Grand Blade II lit alight with the dark purple glow of his <<Shadow Explosion>> combination. Triggering <<Charge>> at the same time he quickly accelerated and closed the distance to the lizardman before slashing rapidly nine times, each of the strikes hitting their mark. The flurry of blows seemed to have an increased ferocity with each strike before the monster's health completely disappeared, the creature dissipating into crystals.

With a sigh of relief the bluenette flipped his sword into a reverse grip as he turned to face his teammate, "Nice work. Looks like we should be perfectly fine if we only encounter creatures of that level up here."

HP List
CaptainUndead:
 64/64
   Energy: 7/16 | DMG: 7 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 11 | (Hate: 0)
Calrex: 267/267
   Energy: 47/58 | DMG: 13 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 30 | (Hate: 3+1)

Enemies:
Lizard Warrior: -1/150 (13+3+1 DMG * 9 Art - 25 MIT = 128 DMG)
DMG: 50
EVA: 2
MIT: 25
Passive: Bezerker's rage - after health has been reduced to half, discard all Damage Mitigation and gain an extra 15 DMG.

Edited by Calrex

Sheathed his sword back to the sheath strapped behind his back, Nobuyuki stretched his limbs as he slowly approach Calrex. "Well, I expected more from that fight. But what can you expect when you're with the highest level player in Sword Art Online." Nobuyuki sighed, continued following Calrex in the journey deeper into the high mountain territory. "So Calrex, I heard that the floor boss raid is coming soon, aren't you going to go and get ready for the fights?" Nobuyuki asked as the two proceed onward. Opened his inventory menu, he re-equipped the Four-Leaf Clover pendant for the extra luck. 

"Yeah, it's supposed to be happening soon, heh. But actually, you could say this is my preparation for the boss fight. Normally I try to get myself as strong as possible before the fights, making sure if I can to boost my skills a little bit further beforehand. In the past few raid I've been a part of, I've found it to be the most successful strategy. Buffs are useful for the fight, but if we want to get back our rapid pace of clearing the floors we need to immediately start scouting and finding the boss rooms of each subsequent floors in as little time as possible."

Putting his hands back into his jacket pockets Calrex gave a quick scan of the area before continuing forward, "Oh, once we find the dungeon, depending how difficult it might be, it might be more useful to make use of one of the extra weapons I have in the meantime, at least, if you feel it might work better for now."

"Hmm.... I have use a few buffs items in the past, so I would say it's the most efficient way to go." Nobuyuki replied to Calrex statement about raid bosses. THe two walked deeper into the mountain range, looking for the dungeon. Scanning around for any sign of a man made structure, Nobuyuki can only see rocks and clouds. That is when he noticed a cave, and a gust of wind flow out from the cave entrance. "You know, if we go through the cave, it would be faster to get through to the other side of the mountain. We could go around this for a safer method. Your call." Nobuyuki spoke to his companion. 

"Yeah, sometimes getting col can be tougher, especially at higher levels without a strong Search skill. The chances of a monster dropping loot tends to become much harder, well, at least from what I've experienced."

Calrex gave a nod as he swiped on his menu, scrolling through as Tobi suggested that they could cut through the interior of the mountain. "It sounds like a good idea. The long route goes around the outside, so we might have less chances of spotting it if we do so. If we cut through we might increase our chances of finding a dungeon of an appropriate level."

"Alright then, through the mountain we go." Nobuyuki said, before walking into the deep dark cave. The cold atmosphere inside the cave brought an eerie feeling to both of the warriors, a feeling of being watched by something. "I hate dark caves." Nobuyuki mumbled, as he continued walking through the caves. A few more step in, Nobuyuki saw something that was not pleasant to his eyes: Spider webs. His eyes instantly widen, and droplet of sweats started forming on his forehead. "Please don't be giant spider, please don't be a giant spider." The young warrior looked in distressed.

As the two entered Calrex gave a small sigh, "Man, it's times like this I wish I hadn't lost Night Vision and Reveal, but I guess at least gear I've got makes up for that deficit."

Following alongside his teammate the bluenette made note of the thin strands of silk as he gave a calming exhale, "So it's possible that we might encounter spiders. I had hoped that was only on the sixth floor."

"Keep your weapon at the ready. It's possible there might be enemies around, and this lighting isn't going to make it easy discerning their locations."

Walking for another while, Nobuyuki saw a dim light by the end of the tunnel. "Yes! There's the light." He was really glad that he could make it out of the dark cave full of spider webs. Then, a slopping hissing sound from behind, and eight bright red eyes glowed in the dark. Before Calrex know it, Nobuyuki has already ran out of the cave. With the potential meal out of reach, the giant spider went back to hiding. 

"That... was stressful." Nobuyuki let out a long sigh, waited for Calrex to get out of the cave. "This is where the dungeon located, right?" He asked, unsure of what he could see beyond the clouds.