[PP-F5] Third time's the charm<<The Traveler>> (Mack, Lancelot)

Spoiler

<<The Traveler>>

This quest takes place on Floor 5
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

A mysterious NPC wearing a thick cloak that wraps around her entire body, including her face, approaches and explains that she has precious cargo in the depths of the deserts, hidden beneath the sand. She has become weak with sickness, and must rest. However, the goods must be recovered within two days. It's up to you to find it.

The trip into the desert will take a day and a night, so you must be prepared to survive. Once in the desert, you lose 10 points of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand. If you manage to survive this quest and find the cargo, you will be gifted with the <<Survival>> extra skill.

This skill will give you the ability to survive harsh areas.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The cargo must be found
- Repeat completions will not reward the player with additional skill points.

Rewards:

1. Survival: (Extra Skill) No Ranks. Passive. Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 6 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.
  2. 1 Skill Point
Parties or Groups are encouraged and all party members participating can earn the skill. Health recovery items recommended.

Recommended Level: 10

So by now, Zandra have been on the <<The Traveler>> quest two times this far. Thou both time the ones she had done it with had abandoned her before they ould complete it. But she realy wanted that extra skill. Almost, if not all, of her friends had the survival skill. She was almost embarrassed when showing her skill list to others and they saw she isnt having that skill yet. So today, she decided to go get it, if no one else wants to do it with her, then she was going to be doing it alone. She probably was high enough level by now to survive the harsh environment that you gonna face during the sandstorm. Zandra leaved her shop and headed into town, to the warp plaza. There she entered the gate and teleported up on floor. Since she had only met her twice, she walked straigth to where the mysterious NPC was standing. She walked up to her and accepted the quest. Then she turned back to the warp plaza. She would be ableto solo this one, but it was always more fun with company.''I'm heading out for the traveler quest now. Anyone wanna follow with me?'' she shouted so everyone at the plaza would hear her.

Edited by Zandra

"I've got some time to kill," a deep voice rumbled from atop the portal plaza platform where, moments ago, the hulking form of the ginger headed axeman known to Aincrad as Mack appeared. "And having someone along who already has the skill will make dealing with the storm considerably more tolerable." The hulking man moved to the edge of the platform and leaped down from it, eschewing the stairs and displaying considerably more grace than most men his size as he landed before Zandra in a pool of white trimmed crimson robes that displayed the symbol of the Knights of the Blood Oath at the right shoulder and the symbol of the guild's elite strike team at the left while a small golden axe medallion hung from his neck. "Not that I think you likely to need the help, I've run into you a few times before."

"Count me in too please," quipped the pinkette as she stumbled upon the two. "Despite my level, I was looking to take this quest on as soon as possible." Stepping to the duo, Lancelot gave a slight bow as she introduced herself. "I am Lancelot. Tis a pleasure to meet you both." She offered both of them a handshake as she fiddle around with her equipment. Once satisfied with the placement of her axe, she remembered that she might need to mention something to them before they got started. "I am cautious that my HP might be a tad low for this trek though. Either of you have First Aid or Healing Potions?"

After a few seconds there was no answer so Zandra turned on the spot. But just as she had only taken a single step towards the desert, she herd a deep voice. She turned around and saw the big red head coming towards her.''Oh Mack, I didnt saw you. Where was you hiding?'' she said with a wink. Then he mentioned that she probably didnt needed help.''Well, not to brag but I probably would be able to solo it.'' she scanned the man from top to bottom.''But there is always more fun to have someone to do it with, instead of walking the large fields of sand alone right?'' Just when she had finished her sentence another voice was herd. This time a female. She turned around and looked at the appraching player. It was a piknhaired female with matching eyes and same height as Zandra.''Awesome, the more the merrier. My names is Zandra and its a pleesaure to meet you as well.'' she said and answered the handshake.''Dont worry about the health. I have both grandmaster first aid and health crystals if it would be needed.''

Zandra looked at the two players. She swiped a few times in the air and sent them party requests.''I guess this will do, lets head out.'' Zandra said and turned around, walking towards the desert.''We can continue our chit-chat while walking. Since its gonna be alot of walking and searching in this quest.'' She knew that her heavy armour wouldnt help towards the environmental effects and it would also be way to warm. So she changed to the holy armour of the eagle instead.

Spoiler

Ignore the wings.
9ad28b8009f612b3518f62d4f79a6100.jpg.d9c

"I'm ever present, ever with us," Mack rumbled, pulling the deep hood of his guild cloak up and disappearing into the shadow that it cast. They had just turned to head out into the hated desert when another player, a much lower leveled player, came scampering up to the pair of them. Zandra was the first to reply, and then Mack chimed in. "I also have plenty of healing items, so no worries." When the party invite popped up Mack tapped his finger in the air in front of him and accepted it before falling into step with the two women. "Zandra has introduced herself, I'm Mack the third in command of the Knights of the Blood Oath and the commanding officer of their strike team."

A reassured Lancelot smiled as the two confirmed she'd be safe should it boil down to it. Satisfied, she accepted the party request and allowed Zandra to lead the way given she knew much more about the quest than Lancy. Sighing, the noirette opted to give her new companions a look over as they began to trek into the sands. Zandra, a girl similar in height and age if she could wager, seemed to be well on her way to being a front-liner. She mused the same could be said for Mack. The man was roughly six three or six four and easily eclipse the two girls as they walked alongside each other. Given his gear, she figured he wasn't to far off from a front-liner either. Giving a relieved sigh, she figured she was in good hands with them. As the sands whipped up and about, Lancelot made sure to cover her eyes as they moved deeper into the desert. This however; proved ineffective as the wind lashed out a little harder causing sand to not only get in her eyes but her mouth too.

Yelping, the girl rubbed at her eyes and coughed up grains of sand as she watched her HP dwindle due to the conditions of the desert. "I hate this quest already."

ID: 48729 CD: 1

Party:

Lancelot: 14/24 (-10 HP)

Zandra: ??/??

Mack: ??/??

Edited by Lancelot

The two womans and the man entered the huge ocean of sand. Which was also called floor 5. They havent walked far before she felt an increasement in the wind. As they walked it turned stronger and stronger. Soon it got strong enough to lift up sand and it slowly turned into a powerful sandstorm."Oh maan... You gotta be kidding me. Not gonna be easy to find the cargo in this. How are you doin' guys?" She shouted to be herd over the wind. Then she looked at the healthbars. This weather had already striked the other woman. Zandra walked over to her, closed her eyes to activate her first aid skill. When she felt the skill be ready, she opened her eyes. Thou they was no longer crimson coloured. Now they glowed like sapphires. But before she even touched Lancelot, they turned back to red again and the skill canceled."Oh darn it. Sorry Lancelot. I'll try again soon."

CD: 3 No enviromental damage

CD: 3+3=6 First Aid failed

Edited by Zandra

OOC: I already have the skill, I don't have to roll... I'm immune :)

Following along in the wake of the two women as they headed out into the oppressive heat of the desert he knew it wouldn't be long before the sandstorm kicked up. Sure enough, right on cue the wind began to howl and the sand began to blast and get into everything. Having already completed the requisite quest that he was currently embarked upon with Zandra and Lancelot, Mack had the necessary skill to ignore the negative effects of the weather completely. The red headed axe man's ears pricked at the sound of one of the women choking on the sand. Waving his hand in front of him, and squinting at the menu when it popped up, Mack activated a simple hooded balaclava that would leave only the eyes exposed. "Here," he said, holding out the clothing article. "It won't save your health bar, but at least you'll be able to breathe easier."

Although Zandra attempted to heal her, Lancelot realized that First Aid was just as iffy as Battle Healing; a skill she planned to get in the near future. Rather than dwell on it, the noirette continued to ravel along with the two. Suddenly, the voice of Mack, parted the silence and offered something that would at the very least make the trip a little more comfortable for her.  Nodding to Mack, she draped the cloth around her head as a far of protection against the discomforting affects of the harsh desert. Upon more trekking, Lancelot figured she make mention of calling for a rest soon. Night was quickly approaching.

Zandra cursed herself for failing her skill she have worked so hard to grandmaster. To fail at a time like this when she had to succed. Compared to when fighting with the high level ones and she healed just because her damage was too low. She had to make a new try soon. Before the storm takes out another piece of her health. With her eyes closed she consentrated to connect with the skill. When she found it she opened her now blue eyes, looking at Lancelot. But because of the hard with blowing around her, by some strange reason it didnt had any effect on her. She handed over a potion."Here. Seems like its something wrong with my first aid. Drink the, beeter to be safe then dead right." She had alot of uncommon potions back at her shop so this wasnt such a big deal for her wallet.

-HP recovery(t1) +10 potions

CD: 2+3=5 First aid failed

CD: 2 No damage from sandstorm

Edited by Zandra

"I would share out these gauntlets, they've got regen on them... but I think you're too low-level to make use of tier two equipment," Mack rumbled, struggling to make himself heard over the roar of the sandstorm. In his mind the red headed axe man was already calculating how best to go about making sure that Lancelot didn't die if some kind of creature ambushed them during the storm. Technically speaking there was no boss encounter that was a part of this raid. However, that didn't mean that the world of Sword Art Online couldn't still randomly spawn a few creatures. All the way down on the fifth level, as they were, such mobs would pose little thread to either himself or Zandra, but Lancelot was a different matter entirely. "I see you're an axe fighter, like me," he rumbled to Lancelot. "And you're still using a low-level weapon. Swing by the forge, I'll set you up with a weapon and some armor."

"Thank you," mentioned the axe-wielding lass as she grasped the flask and began to down it. The healing effects of the smooth liquid set her health at ease as it gradually climbed back up to perfection. Tapping the glass beaker, the item shattered into pixels as it disappeared from view. "The sun is getting low. I think we should go ahead and set up camp. We can continue in the morning when there's more sunlight. Is that alright with you guys?" The noirette figured she was coming off as pushy, but given her level, she couldn't afford to take risks. Maybe I should've stayed behind. I feel like a burden to them rather than help. Sighing she followed the two hoping they'd be willing to rest for the approaching night.

"Thats a kind gesture Mack. Thou Ive herd regen only activates when beeing hit by an enemy. The sandstorm is our enemy but do they work on enviromental effects?" Zandra said with a friendly tone in her voice to the large man. A little time later the other girl suggested that they should make camp for the night. Zandra looked up at the setting sun."You know what Lancelot, I think your right." She looked around to find shelter. Her eyes fell on a large rock pointing out off the ground."There, we should be able to take cover behind that rock. Even you Mack." The last she added with smile and a wink to the large man.

ID: 49028

CD: 4 no damage taken.

Edited by Zandra

"It's as good a spot as any," Mack agreed, shrugging his massive shoulders. It was certainly getting to be that time in the night when they needed to select a spot to bed down and be done moving for the time being. That also meant that they would be wise to establish a night watch rotation of some sort. While he had camped out in the desert by himself when he had completed the quest, it was always better to have a watch just in case marauding players or mobs came around. Generally, Mack was more a fan of caves, but those weren't always available. "We should discuss how the night watch is going to be handled. Someone will need to keep an eye out for any possible mobs or PKer's that might come upon us in the night."

"Agreed," mused Lancelot as she trotted behind the burly redhead. I could take the initial watch that way those two ca get some rest. Plus I doubt we'll have much contact under these conditions. We can never be too cautious I suppose. Yawning, the noirette decided to speak up. "I'll take the first watch for you two. I'll stick close by and search for materials until it is time for us to switch. Then I propose that Zandra takes watch after me, leaving Mack the final watch and wake up duty. Though if either of you have a better rotation, we can go with that instead." Retrieving her axe just in case. Lancelot twirled it in her palm before using it like a cane as another gust of wind hit. "Lets get to that rock quickly. This sandy wind is killer."

ID: 49263 CD: 4

Edited by Lancelot

Zandra listened to both her party partners talking about night guard watch rotation. Lancelot said she could take first, Zandra midnight and Mack the final one. She said that just after she yawed. Zandra smiled to both off them. When they reached the cover"Dont worry, take a good sleep both of you." She swiped a few times and seconds later she held a potion in her right hand."This is my home-made potion. It will easily keep me awake all night and next day as well.

ID: 49396 CD: 11

Edited by Zandra

"As long as someone is on watch, it doesn't really matter to me who does the honors," Mack replied, slipping under the cover of the rock. Space was at a premium, but at least they all fit, just barely. "Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't offer to take that potion instead and allow you two ladies to sleep. Quite beyond that, I also have the survival skill so if it becomes necessary to deal with something outside from being under cover of the rock here, I will not suffer any penalty from the environment. It's also only the fifth floor, there's not much here that worries me all that much in terms of the mobs that Aincrad can produce. The choice, Zandra, is yours."

"Fair enough then. Zandra and I shall sleep while Mack takes the first watch?" After confirming with everyone, Lancelot settled in behind the massive rock, allowing the sands to drift over them as the wind lifted and dragged them across the floor. She normally wasn't one to drift off so soon, but incoincidentally, she found herself in the realm of dreams as her eyes fluttered shut and rhythmic breathing pattern began to take place. Though she hadn't said goodnight to either of them, the noirette was sure that they wouldn't take to offense to it; at least she hoped.

Zanndra throws over the potion to Mack.''Here, as the only man present you can take the nights watch. But dont you dare try anything naugthy on us tonight when we are asleep 'kay?'' she said, staring at the man to make him sure she was serious. A small nod and she breaks eye-contact and swiping a few times in the air infront of her. A few moments later she holds a blaack heavy cloak in her hands thta she lays down on the sand. Now she wouldnt get any sand inside her armour, well at least not from the ground under her. It could still come blowing from the side.''Nightynight Mack and Lancelot.'' Zandra says and closes her eyes, falling into a sleep filled with nightmares with mummies and sphinx's.

"Zandra, there are only two things in this world that will really get me angry in a hurry," Mack rumbled in a low, serious tone as his dark eyes drilled into Zandra's to make sure that there would be no doubt left on this subject. "Insulting the military and placing hands on a woman in a violent or intimate manner without permission," the soldier said in a low, almost growling, tone. He downed the offered potion in a gulp and then pulled up his menu before deactivating his guild cloak, which then appeared in his hands as a veritable sea of crimson material, which he tossed to Zandra. "This should be a nice enough blanket for you both for the night. Now get some sleep," the hulking man said, still clad in his heavy armor as he stepped just out from the shadow of the stone to stand sentinel like as he wrapped a balaclava around his nose and mouth to keep the sand out.