[PP-F1] Shark's Return (PM for inv)

After a long time of resting, concentration, and trying to figure things out, after what happened during my last boss fight, I finally decided to return to the fight. I noticed my level compared to those of my guild and figured that I should go on a few adventures to try and get my level back up. I figured that a good place to start for this adventure was the tavern in the woods on the 1st floor. That tavern has been somewhat of a favorite tavern for those who want to get out of the town or for those who were not allowed in towns. 

I made my way to the tavern on the 1st floor and walked in. I made my way to the bar, sat down and ordered some food. While I was waiting for my food, I began to look around and see who is here or stops in. Hmm... I wonder who I will run into today. I thought to myself.

Returning from his bout with the banshee, the blonde meandered along the cobbled roads leading back to his shop. His cape appeared to be rather torn from the bottom despite him not remembering when and how that could've happened. Shaking his head, he looked up. The streets seemed to be a lot less crowded than usual. A rather unsettling yet encouraging sight given what that could imply. He kept his pace steady as his shop came into sight. Just as he crossed the last intersection, something made him stop dead in his tracks. Swiveling around he watched as a player he hadn't seen in ages pushed forward into a tavern a little to the left of him. Changing plans, he opted to enter the tavern himself to confirm what he thought he saw.

Upon entrance, he scanned the few faces that lined the hut. His eyes shifting between each person before finally settling on the one he thought he wouldn't see again. Approaching the table and taking a seat, the blonde ushered a comment, "Well aren't you a pleasant sight, Shark."

I just received my food when all of a sudden, I felt a presence that I haven't felt in quite some time. At that moment, a voice called to me. Well hello there General. I said as I continued to eat my food. It dawned on me that the last time I saw the man was right before I went into hiding last year. In fact, that was the last time I saw anyone, I mainly contacted people through the game's messaging system. I looked up and turned towards Oikawa, So what brings you around these parts? I haven't run into anyone I know for quite some time these days. I said as I thought back to why I vanished from everyone in the first place. At that moment, my face lost all emotion and just showed a dead expression. Oh yeah, that's why. I said under my breath as I went back to eating my food.

"I guess this is a good spot to sit and rest a while Tak."

After their training out on the fifth floor Calrex and Takneil had decided to rest up in a tavern on the first floor, that way they could get some drinks and potentially some food before needing to go back out for more practicing. "Looks like things went fairly well today. We encountered some harder monsters than expected, but definitely nothing the both of us can handle. How does it feel wielding a shield and sword so far?"

Looking inside the bluenette spotted a familiar face as he gave a wave, "Oh hey Oikawa, wasn't expecting to run into you here heh. How's things going with the guild?"

Turning to face his close friend's conversation partner he gave a nod and small bow, "A pleasure to meet you as well. I'm Calrex."

"My shop is still set up here, so I find myself lounging around these lower floors quite often." Lifting up his glance, Oikawa tried to read the player's expression. He had gone missing in action for quite some time. He was curious as to why. His face gave nothing away, although the look of gloom seemed to have settled in. A murmur of words seemed to expel from him, however; the blonde couldn't make it out. "What's going with you? Where have you been as of-"

"Oh hey Oikawa, wasn't expecting to run into you here heh. How's things going with the guild?"

Turning to face the voice he knew all to well, Oikawa flashed his typical smile and responded. "Hello there Cal. Um I wouldn't be able to tell you even if I wanted to haha. We aren't a chatty bunch these days. I suspect everyone else is doing fine though, maybe aside from Shizuka, She's worrying me."

Lorelei had been out in the field all day. She was hot, tired and dirty and all the woman wanted was a drink. Granted drink did little in a place like this but there was some level of comfort in knowing that one could be had and in theory something could happen because of it. Stupid game makers and not accounting for drunkenness! Sol missed the real buzz, even so she’d settle for a slight head change.

Soledad headed for the nearest place she could; it wasn’t her typical spot, but in the condition she was in she could hardly care.  Dragging her worn out, sorry self into the place she glanced about the room. The place was packed.”You’ve got to [censored] be kidding me. “She said under her breath and began to look for a place to sit. Nearly each and every table was packed to the gills… like tins of sardines and each was only filling by the moment. A table was near free: only a pair of young men was there.

Strike that….

Four young men now inhabited the space. If she didn’t act now she wouldn’t have a place to drink. And if she didn’t have a seat to rest her tired ass, she was going to be one very unhappy lady.

“Excuse me…” she said as she approached, “Everywhere else is full…do y’all mind if I join?”

Taking off the helm to his armor the boy smiled "Yeah, it's nice. Definitely better than that damn desert" reaching up the boy brushed away his black and white intertwined locks. Him and his mentor had taken on quite the challenge this day, two Bosses in one go?. Granted it wasn't difficult for the blue clad knight, but for Takneil? that was definitely something for him to celebrate for.

Shrugging he scratched the side of his cheek in thought. "Well I'm used to handling the sword one handed and the shield did it's job, it was light and didn't seem to impede my ability to function properly in battle." he spoke honestly recalling the fights. "...Though, it's difficult to tell when every other hit just bounced off of the bosses skin." swiping open his menu Takneil placed the helm into his inventory forgetting the fact removing one piece of the set didn't stop the chilling factor it gave off.

He had gotten quite attached to the ominous and sinister looking armor, even though it cost him a pretty penny it was well worth it. Maybe he should stop by the Grand Forge one of these time to see if the owner wouldn't mind a little help. Looking up from his menu Takneil chuckled softly as he spotted the man he was just thinking about...he never got his name...Craptastic.

trying to find the right words to say to not be disrespectful to the blacksmith Takneil was only saved as his mentor spoke the name, Oikawa. allowing the two to have their conversation he only spoke when he found he wouldn't be interrupting. "hey Oikawa, thanks for the armor." tapping the chest plate the boy offered a smile. "It's really saved me these past few weeks, if you ever need any help with anything just send me a message

"hmm?" peeking past the blue knight and the man he only knew as a smith Takneil spotted a man he had yet to meet before, it seemed that Oikawa was talking to him long before the duo had entered the shop. Unable to tell if he was a steady player or just someone who stayed on the first floor the boy offered a smile. "hello there, my name is Takneil.

Hearing a feminine voice the boy turned to greet the new comer. "Well I personally don't mind, but I guess it's really up too the others" he stated with shrug. "I guess introductions are in order, especially with a pretty lady like yourself." he decided to flirt playfully. "I'm Takneil, but everyone calls me Tak"

Edited by Takneil

I was deep in thought as I relived the Yamata No Orichi boss fight. Everything was planned just perfectly and I lost everything. I said softly as I realized a question was being asked.  "What's going with you? Where have you been as of-" at that moment, I felt the presence of other players, players I have not yet met. I looked up at Oikawa, If you were at the yamata no orochi boss fight, you would know why I disappeared. I said as I looked around to meet the new players. 

The first player to introduce himself was a bluenette like myself. Hello there Calrex. My name is Shark. Pleased to meet you. I said as I noticed that there was another player with him, a young male. He appeared to be a sword and shield user as well. It seemed as though both of these players know Oikawa well. The boy then introduced himself to me in a polite manner. Hello Takneil. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Shark Founder of the Knights of Christ, now known as the Azure Knights. I then looked back at Oikawa, That reminds me general, I would like to reclaim my spot back if that is alright with you. I said as I received word from Zero that I can have my Leader spot back after I talk to a possible recruit for our division. I hope to go on some adventures with you guys sometime. You seem like some great people. I told the two as I noticed a pretty female player appear. 

She approached the group of us at the bar and asked if she could take a seat because there are no other open seats. I couldn't help but admire her beauty so anytime I tried to say something to her, nothing but air could flow out of my mouth. I took a sip of my drink and tried again, this time I could actually say something. Sure, go right ahead... I said with a lingering pause. I looked away and then right back to the woman. Under one condition... I said as I left another pause as I was hoping to catch her attention. I then opened my moth and prepared to talk. You let me buy you drink. I said with a small smile on my face. I continued to eat my food and fell back into the thought of why I vanished in the first place.

Calrex gave a nod as both Oikawa and the man named Shark spoke. Interestingly enough the young man seemed to have chosen a shade of blue, much like his own, "Huh, I guess blue is still decently popular then..."

Turning back to face his blonde friend the bluenette gave a nod as he calmly rested his hands in his pockets, "Yeah, I know what you mean. She certainly doesn't seem like herself, or at least the way she was when I first met her. I wonder what happened..."

Their conversation was temporarily interrupted as another person, this time a young women, entered into their area, asking if it was alright for her to sit there. With a friendly smile he gave a nod, about to speak about their seating arrangement, but it seemed both Takneil and Shark were already on the case, welcoming the girl. Tapping Takneil on the shoulder he gave a smirk, "What do you want from the bar? For the hard work today it's on me."

"I see," responded the blonde as Shark briefly touched on the event that caused his rather abrupt disappearance. Oikawa's attention then shifted as Shark began to address Calrex and Takneil. As the few chatted briefly, Oikawa caught a glance from a lass who seemed to have just entered the the tavern. Mentally raising a brow, he returned his thoughts back to the group as Shark inquired him about his position. "Should the Commandant's not mind, I don't see why not. I just solve the conflicts heh. You don't need my permission to reclaim what is yours." Raising a gloved finger for the waiter, the blonde looked over the drinks available. A sigh escaping him as he settle on the very mild sweet iced tea.

Just as the waiter arrived, Oikawa had turned to ask Shark if he wanted anything only to be beaten out by the voice of girl, and ironically it was the one he had seen earlier. As the other guys were quick to have her join, Oikawa simply scooted over to make room for her. Addressing the waiter, he ordered his tea and gestured for the other's to do the same.

Lorelei smiled as the little group was more than accommodating to her request. The first gentleman was quick to introduce himself as “Tak” and remarked upon her looks causing her to crack a bit of a smile as she nodded politely. “Lorelei…” she replied in return. The man who was already seated didn’t say much and only took a few sips of his drink before also agreeing to allow her to sit under one condition… that she allow him to by her a drink. Seats were good and free drinks were better, and as her pocketbook was thin, she saw no harm in accepting a drink from a stranger. “Thank you very much, how can I refuse such an offer?” She said graciously as she slid onto the barstool beside the tall stranger. “I’ll take one of what you’re having if you don’t mind.”

Once seated the young woman scanned the faces of her party mates. Each was clad in fine gear far outside the range of her meager earnings she’d collected thus far. It was extremely obvious that she’d stumbled upon seasoned players, and quite possibly those who’d been to the front. Rather than make a fool of herself in such company, the young woman opted for silent observation to study each of the young men. She kept a soft smile upon her thin lips to remain pleasing to her tablemates. Maybe one or two of them would oblige her with their assistance in her journey if she remained agreeable.

Finding that two of the other player's began flirting towards the girl Takneil rolled his eye faced his mentor. "I'll take my usual Strawberry smoothie..." he muttered. He'd rather not fight for a girl today, or any day that is. Deciding to focus on the other discussions he turned to Shark, he was definitely a man he wanted to leave a half way decent impression on. "I think I would like that. Though i'm not sure if I've gotten to the point if I would be of any use...other than a meat shield of course, though last I checked with my physician that is normally bad for my health." he tossed the joke as he awaited his drink.

((OOC: Sorry for the short post ^^;))

I continued to sit at the bar and watched as the female player took a seat and agreed to the condition. I then motioned the bartender to get another drink for the women next to me. I looked at the player and smiled, I'm Shark, please to meet you. I said as I went back to eating my food. I was happy that I had met another female player and seemed interested in going on adventures. If you would like, I would be happy to aid you on an adventure at some point. I'm sure the others that are here feel the same way. I said as I put the offer on the table and looked over at the others to see their response. 

I looked over at Takneil as he said he would only be good for a meat shield. Welp... guess we are going to have to change that aren't we. I said as my guild came to mind. I looked around and smiled at Oikawa. It just so happens that my guild is in need of members. If anyone is interested, I'm sure you would be accepted. I told the group as I made it known that I need members so I can keep the guild running. 

As Oikawa signaled for the others to order Calrex gave a nod. This time around he opted away from trying an alcoholic beverage, ordering a simple glass of ginger ale. Within seconds the bartender had produced the off-green bubbling elixir and slid it down the counter. The bluenette casually extended his hand to catch the drink as he turned around to face his companions, "Sure thing. I'd be happy to lend a hand as well."

At the mention of the guild offer the bluenette simply gave a smile and shook his head, "I appreciate the offer Shark, but I'm afraid I must decline. As Oikawa here is aware, I was originally in my wife's guild, Amethyst Descent, which was just recently disbanded. For now I think I'm content with just being a solo player once again, at least for the time being."

With a swig of his drink he kept the friendly smile before glancing over at the blonde, "Speaking of which, just how many people does the Brigade have now? I swear it's gotten five times as big from what I first remember you joining."

"Far too many for my tastes," mentioned the blonde in response to the 'Ultramarine Knight'. "Its becoming rather crowded; however, I think Shark is alluding to the Azure Knights rather than the Azure Brigade. While we are one in the same, we are separate all the same. He is recruiting for his legion. Which.." Turning to Takneil, he continued. "... brings me to my second point, Takneil, I think you would make a wonderful addition to the Azure Knights." Pausing, he thanked the waiter that brought him his drank as he quickly took a swig of the sweet smooth liquid. "What do you say Tak? Think about it at the least."

• 5 weeks later...