[OP-F1] The new and the old [COMPLETED]

Vayrin sat alone in front of the fireplace within the bustling Inn. She had been staring at her menu, lazily scrolling through it with a rather bored, unimpressed expression. She really didn't have any idea what she had been doing on the first floor right now, but the day was getting late, and the Inn was just as good as any other she had been in, so she didn't think too much on it. The violet haired girl let out a frustrated sigh when she realized that her menu's options weren't going to be entertaining. She leaned back against the large couch sitting in front of the large fireplace as players and NPC's went about themselves as usual.

Edited by Vayrin

Drake had been sleeping outside in the street for a while, he decided that he was going to take a rest in an inn, if he couldn't get a room he was going to stay in the building whether they wanted him to or not "hate it out there, every single night, no place to stay, freezing cold. Worst time ever. I-hate-this-game!" Drake walked over to the fireplace and plops down in front of it trying to get warm again "thank the gods there is a fireplace here" Drake sits there and stares into the fire, and just thinks...

A hooded figure dressed in black enters the inn withbweary eyes that scan the environment around her. The girl sits down at the fireplace and looks at Drake and her eyes widen momentarily, then go back to their normal size. "No you're not the one." She gets up and sits at a table and puts her rapier on the table as if she were waiting for someone. Thoughts flooded her mind, 'Things are slow today, and where's this stalker I've been hearing about? Oh well, guess the stories were false.' A Dead silence struck the inn as the hooded figure waited. "She's late."

Drake felt eyes cross him, he didnt need the detection skill to know that, he just always has gut feelings. 'hmm, wonder who it was though' Drake looked around and saw a 15 year old looking around then sees a hooded figure enter, instinctualy drake grabbed his dagger out 'Who is that? why do i feel like i need to expect a fight' Drake started spinning the dagger, something he always does in preperation for battle 'lets hope that my knife throwing grinding pays off if there is a fight'

Edited by Drake_McGricken

The hooded girl looks at Drake, "If you're looking for a fight then just surrender right now. You're not going to win." She waited at her seat for about two more minutes and realized the girl wasn't coming. 'Great, guess I can't deliver her gear for her, oh well, I'll just sit here and enjoy the commotion going on. Phillia remained in her chair and waited for the reaction of Drake.

drake puts his dagger away "sorry,fight orflight reaction" drake sits  back down and goes back to staring at the fire 'i am so confused right now, first day i come into an inn and everyone is scared of a hooded girl' drake pulls his dagger out and spins it on his palm to entertain himself "so, why the hood? i know trust is an issue in this damned game but i never understand why people wear hoods"

"To remain anonymous. This game, despite how many players are trapped inside, is still a pretty small community. It's hard to do something heinous like PK and not be remembered." She takes off the hood and looks at Drake, "Guess there's no use for this anymore, you're low level right?" The girl asks him. Phillia checked her inventory and searched for her monster hunting gear.

Drake nods and pulls some bread out and starts munching on it "yep, and before you ask why i use a dagger instead of a tank weapon, im trying to be a rogue, its what i made my character to be and im sticking to it" drake spins the dagger faster before suddenly grabbing it by the blade and slamming it into his sheith "but im not gonna be able to be a good rogue without leveling up, only level two"

Hikoru entered the tavern quietly. He had been staying here for a few days, and had been enjoying the bustle of all the lower levels around him. It brought him back many memories of when he was a young player as well, running around and trying to find his place in his world. Now being a more experienced player, and a bit more mature, he was happy that he had found his place, and was excited to see what the future held for him. He pulled down his hood on his new armor, Shadowed Eclipse, and went to the nearby counter. He talked for a moment and set his room for the night, but decided to come over to the lounge and hang around the younger players, try to see if he can talk to some of them

As he walked, he realized that he wasn't that far from a lot of them, he was mostly just higher level with more HP and a bit more Damage, but that was about it. He knew this and accepted it, and it made him more comfortable. He took a nearby seat in one of the empty chairs by the roaring fireplace, sighing happily and closing his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the radiance of the heat surround him. It felt nice after another day of grinding on mobs and collecting materials, and he enjoyed the feeling much so.

Vayrin continued to stare at the fire intently, thinking about many things. Although they were all interrupted when someone sat next to the roaring fire as well. The girl looked over to see another player, with an odd grin on his face. She raised an eyebrow at the unusual behavior. "Find a rare item did we?" She asked chuckling slightly, knowing there were probably many other reasons for the happiness of players. She had been rather bored, and thought starting up a conversation with someone may help cure it.

Hikoru opened his eyes to a younger player talking to him, asking if he found a rare item. He laughed and sat up, sitting straight in the chair and giving the girl a look of content

"Nah Nah, I've just been out grinding and defeating boars all day, getting Materials, and I tell you what, a roaring fire feels nice on my worn-out body." He said with a small laugh. He gave the player a small nod, and a genuine smile. She needed nice, he thought. And she couldn't try to kill him here, so he could be safe. He sat up and gave her a small bow in the seat "Allow me to introduce myself. Hikoru, The Eclipse of Shadows, at your service." He said politely

Edited by Hikoru

Hikoru gave the young player that was trying to eavesdrop on his conversation. He knew that talking in the open came with the cost of possible people joining in, and he had accepted it. But he would not, in any case, take a player trying to eavesdrop. The only reason he knew is that he caught the player staring at him and the other girl player. He sighed and looked at the player right into his own eyes

"Hey." He said simply "If you want to talk to me, then come over here and talk, or stay and talk with the girl your already talking with. But don't try to listen in on my conversation buddy, or you may regret it." He said. He grit his teeth, then turned his attention to the girl he was talking to. "I'm terribly sorry, but I can't stand watchful eyes on me. Where were we?"

Vayrin simply chuckled at this player's reaction. "Heh, I didn't notice." she replied. "I'm Vayrin... I don't really have a fancy title. Although some of my friends like to call me by my shop name... Or one of them did at least..." She got quiet after saying that, thinking about her escapade on the 3rd floor. She shook the feeling and looked back up Hikoru. "I wouldn't think much of the eavesdroppers, can't really help it in this kinda setting." She told him. It didn't bother her, she wasn't talking about anything private, so they could listen as much as they wanted for all she cared...

Hikoru listened with interest, intrigued by the young player. Her name was Vayrin, as it indicated above her head. But she seemed to be bothered about something. He knew that he could ask about it, but he also knew that it wasn't his place. He sighed quietly and decided to move onto other subjects. She talked about the eavesdropping boy, and he just sighed.

"Yeah well, I can't stand kids like that, it bothers me immensely..." He said with a sigh "But anyways, tell me about yourself, since this is the first time meeting." He said with a small smile. He looked around the inn, noticing small things that he hadn't seen it before. He gripped the arm of the chair he sits in, enjoying the soft feeling of it. He smiled and felt more relaxed more than he had been in a long time

Vayrin listened to the player's response, and then looked rather surprised when he asked her to elaborate on herself. "Uhh.. Heh, well. What do you want to know?" She asked nervously. It was true she had indeed been put on the spot by Hikoru's question, and had never been asked it before within SAO. He did seem rather different from other players she had met, considering he was a total stranger, one of the few she saw actually somewhat enjoying his time in SAO.

"I mean, I doubt I'm very interesting. Just a low level, trying to hopefully, EVENTUALLY, make it to the front lines." She stated, telling the truth.

Phillia sat up from her seat and relocated herself at a table near the back, listening intently to Vayrin's conversation with the 'Eclipse of Shadows.' She especially payed attention to the 'Eclipse of Shadows' for he appeared to be rather boastful to the young girl. Most of all, at least he's a decently high level, she doesn't know yet of his redeemable qualities. On the other hand, the purple haired girl seemed mysterious and hard to read. 'A challenge, this is going to be fun.'

Hikoru nodded and just gave her a small smile. She seemed to not think there wasn't anything special or Unique about her, but he knew there was always something unique about a person, but they just had to find it. He looked at a girl that moved to the back, and seemed to be listening in, but he wasn't sure. He just sighed and grit his teeth, then gave the girl a look. He knew he couldn't stop them, but he could at least give them all fair warning. He looked back at the girl with a small nod

"Well anything would be nice. From adventuring to experiences with friends. I'm interested in listening." He said with a small smile. The girl also said she wanted to be a front lines, and he gave her a small smile "Well you are looking at a future Front-Lines. After I level up a bit I plan to fight the next boss fight coming up." he said with a small smile. He wasn't meaning to sound braggy, but he was proud of how strong he had become, and he hoped that he could be an inspiration for these players

Simply put, it had been quite the day for Icarus.  The life of an adventurer was not something his body was acclimated for.  The mind was willing but the body was tired which in the world of Aincrad, technically, meant his mind was truly the tired one.  It was quite a bit of work to be consciously aware of the many aspects that made up your surroundings when you weren't in a safe zone for fear that something or someone might sneak up on you.  Granted, he was still wandering the grass fields of Floor One, it was still a lot to take in.

He didn't remember when he made the effort to unequip his armor and return to his starter clothes but he was glad he did; it was truly a great weight off of his shoulders.  From his upstairs room, he hobbled down the descending staircase and into the main area of the establishment where a host of people had gathered but more importantly, it was the room where the hearth was located.  Icarus was a tall man standing a few inches over six feet and he moved like it.  His sluggish, lumbering movement was more mental than physical but it felt real to him as he hobbled over to wherever he could find a large, comfortable seat next to the warmth of the fire and plopped down.

The names of those around him escaped him except for the nickname of someone calling himself the "Eclipse of Shadows," which seemed rather redundant to the blue haired gentleman.  Shadows occur naturally because of a solar eclipse.  I'd be more surprised to see an eclipse that didn't produce some version of a shadow.  Other than him, however, there was a girl with hair the color of orchids, the overly tall childlike man from before, and an actual child - a little girl, if he had to guess.  It was an interesting ensemble, none the less.

"Good evening, everyone.  Please excuse my intrusion but a warm fire sounds pretty good right now," he said as he eased fully into his seat.

Edited by Icarus

Vayrin simply raised an eyebrow at the boy's response to what seemed to be another eavesdropper, she guessed they really did annoy him. Not really unheard of though, so she chose to ignore it when he turned back in her direction and began to answer her previous question. He was rather unusual then the people she had met before, since he seemed overly interested in Vayrin's past experience in SAO. She didn't really know how to go about it so she answered truthfully. Well, mostly. The word that had struck her was "friends" She did say that she had some, but not really anyone in SAO as of right now. Mostly she referred to the random encounters she had with people, but she was still solo after all.

"Well, I'm not too bad with a straight sword." She gestured her head to the blade hanging on her back. "Well, for my level anyways." She continued. "And I've mostly been solo for the most part. I mean, I've had a few "adventures" with others, but nothing too exciting. I did end up falling into an undiscovered dungeon once with a high level. We were forced to fight our way out." She stated, a serious expression masked the small smile she had before.

Before Hikoru had a chance to answer, another player had dropped down beside them, and apologized for his interruption. "Uhh. By all means, we aren't the only one's who use it." She told him, reassuring the newcomer he didn't bother them, or her at least.