[OP-F1] The new and the old [COMPLETED]

Ranmura opens the door and enters the very dark scene in the tavern and approaches Hikoru and Vayrin with her smiling face (It's sadly a permanently smiling face). "Hi! My name's Ranmura! Woah! Are we talking about stories? I've got a great one up my sleeve, it's called 'The Girl Who Bathed in Blood.' Oh, never mind, that story's stupid! Wanna hear a joke? I'll take the silence for a yes! What do you call a strong alcoholic beverage in a firearm? A gunshot! Nya ha ha! What'd you think? Was it apealing to your sense of humor, or was it disturbing? Oh never mind, of course it's funny!"

"Thank you," Icarus said quietly as let the tension in his body go now that he didn't have to worry about getting back up.  All at once, the arm rest and cushions beneath him sunk with the burden of his full weight, releasing an "ahhh" sound when the air was let out of them that sounded similar to the one that came out of his mouth.  He laid his head to rest on the back of the couch and prepared to just let consciousness slip away as he took a rest before the fireplace but a young sprite of a girl seemed to have different plans for those relaxing.

A gunshot!  The punchline left much to be desired but the joke itself, as a whole, wasn't bad.  His eyes still half-lidded with weariness, he couldn't help but grin just a bit at the assertiveness of the youth.  Comedy wasn't something that was prevalent in Aincrad.

Vayrin observed the newcomer. She seemed to be a a girl a little younger then herself, and she seemed very enthusiastic. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the joke she just cracked, and simply smiled. The joke itself wasn't funny enough to make her laugh, but this girl's enthusiasm made Vayrin feel a little more at ease for whatever reason. It was rare that she spent time around other players at all, so it was nice to know not all of them were still depressed about being stuck in SAO. She simply turned to Hikoru. "Well, I'm going to get a drink from the innkeeper." She told him before she stood up, and made her way to the counter.

A bang can be heard from a table next to Ranmura, and a player got up and approached her with rage in his eyes. "Enough of those jokes! Don't you understand you idiot... It's a death game. I guess you don't understand since you're here joking about stupid things like that!" It was very sudden, the player took a blood red drink and splashed it on her eyes. Ranmura just smiled with her eyes closed facing the direction of the player. "Oops! Gotta go, can't see with the blood in my eyes." Even after being disrespected she still sounded awfully cheery. Another player interjected, this time it was a little girl. "Oh my god... S-She's a mystery..." The little girl wasn't wrong, Ranmura was in fact an unsolvable mystery.

The purple haired girl suddenly cocked her head backwards from the counter after hearing the commotion. She witnessed another, much bigger player splash the girl's face with his drink after he made it clear her joke weren't welcome. Vayrin glared and began to walk over, she then stood in between the two, and stared directly into the man's eyes. "Listen buddy, if you don't like it, then leave." She told him, her voice had a slight hint of annoyance. "Just because you're still afraid of this game, doesn't mean you need to remind everyone why. Especially like that..." She glared into his eyes before turning back to Ranmura, slightly confused with her smile.

The players who disliked the joke knew when to back off, they saw the level of Vayrin and acknowledged the fact that she could turn them into dust, and it would only take her two seconds to do that. Ranmura still smiled a sadly permanent smile and waited to see how the scene would play, later realizing someone had intervened she turned towards the players that despised her. "Nya ha ha! If it wasn't for that girl my fingerprints would have your blood on them, hey, want to hear another joke? What do you call Abaddon when he's working at a fast food restaurant? The Lord of Fries! Nya ha ha! Hey, now that this is all settled, let me tell you guys a story! It's called 'The Girl Who Bathed in Blood'. Once upon a time, there was a little girl who just loved blood, she couldn't get enough of it! She would come to the park every single day and looked at the little boys and girls, wondering who's blood was the prettiest! Nya ha ha! For the sake of the children I'll keep it PG!"

Hikoru listened quietly and sighed, hearing this young girl slowly try to make jokes and laugh, but they seemed more creepy than anything. She may have thought that she could try to hide the voidness, but her body language and tone of voice said it all. He got up and went to the bar, grabbing a drink and sipping it slowly. He wasn't one for much violence, but he knew that he could jump in and finish all these players if the time needed to come. He breathed and did his best to ignore the situation as he enjoyed his drink. He chatted to the bartender for a moment, having a small conversation back and forth with a slight smile on his face. He breathed and said goodbye, and turned around and came back to the group

"Does there seem to be a problem here?" he asked as he came over, crossing his arms and standing as menacing as he could

Phillia walked up to Ranmura noticing the smile. "Hey, why are you still smiling? They just splashed a drink in your face, you know there's still knockback in safe zones right?" It took her a while to notice she was the girl who Phillia had to deliver items to. "Took you long enough, you wanted this thing right?" She sent a trade request to Ranmura with the <<Vanity's Midnight>> from her inventory.

Ranmura accepted the trade and found a tablecloth to wipe her face with. The players backed down as they saw the challenge was seemingly unwinnable. "Oh my, what a nice conversation, I think my jokes scared them away. Why was the fire happy when he saw the snail become escargot? Because he had a serious case of schadenfried! Nya ha ha!" She sat down on her table after finishing her laughing and went back to her permanently smiling face and stared at Hikoru looking into his eyes. It was hard to tell whether she was really feeling emotion or not due to the smile, but it seems as if Hikoru could read right through her.

Anbu had been inside the inn in a room he had rented for quite some time.  He was not interested in doing anything, but he overheard commotion from the ground level.  He did not find it very important to change his dress attire, being shorts, teeshirt, and his cloth mask covering his mouth.   As he moved over to the railing hanging slightly over the first floor, he sat down and listened to the conversations.  He did not speak but he seemed very unimpressed by the pathetic conversations going on.  Surprisingly he recognized one of the voices.  "I wonder what they are here for...." Anbu thought to himself as he sat crosslegged completely frozen still.

Vayrin turned her head to see Hikoru standing there, what looked like he was backing her up. "Not anymore." She said when she noticed the other players back off around her. She simply nodded to the white haired girl after her last comment, and sat back next to the fire, holding a cup of red liquid. "Can't believe people still act like this. How long has it really been?" She said, not taking her gaze off the fire. Nonetheless, she leaned back in the long couch, and rested her head for a moment. It was getting late, and now more people seemed to be crowding the busy Inn.

(OOC: Lets Finish this so everyone can get their rewards shall we?)

Hikoru sighed as the situation fixed itself, and he went back over to the bar to finish his drink, then payed a few Col and gave a quick farewell, then came over to the girl who seemed to be resting. He gave a small smile and opened his HUD, sending the player a friend Request.

"If you ever need my help with something, don't be afraid to call or ask, alright?" He said as he closed it. He looked toward the stairs of the inn, making sure he knew where he was going, then turned back and gave the girl Vayrin a nod. "I'm heading to bed myself, but we will meet again." He said with a small nod and soon made his way up the stairs, and working his way to his room to lay down for the night.

~Hikoru leaves the thread to sleep

Edited by Hikoru

Ranmura accepted the friend request and sat there smiling for a moment, then she began to tell jokes again. "What did the tree say to the human when he dropped his branch? Wood you pick that up for me? Nya ha ha! Oh, it's night, so beautiful! This reminds me of the time I had a stray cat as a pet, and then animal control came and killed him, nya ha ha! And then his leg was no more!" The white haired girl sat there for a little while longer until exiting the building with a smile.

-Ranmura leaves the thread

Edited by Ranmura

Anbu heard someone get up and begin walking.  When he heard the stairs creek he got up with no noise and soundlessly walked into his room.  When he entered the room, layed on the floor.  The room was rather small, but definitely worth the small amount of money he would have to pay.  There was no bed in this room, which he could only guess was because it was originally used as a storage cabinet.  He thought to himself, "I need to start leveling up myself soon, because I need to be able to beat this game without failure.  Maybe I can ask the Medic when he is alone what to do.... But he is never alone...". Anbu adjusted his mask and waits until he falls asleep.

TheEyeTheif leaves the thread

Vayrin gave a sigh before she eventually went back to the counter, paid the bartender some col and then walked up the stairs to where the rooms were supposed to be. As she walked in, she gave a tired sigh, before falling into one of the beds. She lied there for a few moments scrolling through her menu, until her eyes slowly closed, and she fell asleep...

[ THREAD COMPLETED ]

All participates: +1 SP, +200 Col