[OP-F1] Life of a daydreamer (Submitted)

Hydra walked through a forest  "Now where is it?" He muttered to himself, the words seemed to echo of the trees and die out slowly. The young spearman ran his hand through his hair. Up ahead the forest opened up into a clearing, his favorite spot, it was quiet and safe. A bank covered in dark emerald grass and flowers of all kind ran down to a small lake which reflected the sun. It shimmered beautifully. "How many days have I come to this place now? Wasting my time whilst others fight battles for me." *Tschk* Hydra frowned at his own effort. He took his boots off and dipped his feet in the cool water where the reeds weren't so prominent. He'd never seen anyone in this area before which it made it a perfect spot for his daydreaming, he lay back and closed his eyes. Thoughts of the creepy girl, and the warriors flowed through his mind from the day before, once again he had failed to get to know any of them, except for the name of one.

Edited by Hydra

Ethereal was having an excellent day, chilling out around the sunny grasslands of Floor One. He'd just been shopping for a few materials he needed for his alchemy business and was taking a much deserved break. Sitting on a blanket on the grass inside of an outcrop of ash trees on the far side of the lake he would be facing an old man. Between them sat a chessboard of mahogany and marble upon which a heated game was taking place.

Phillia sat on the edge of the lake looking across it, it was a beautiful sight, especially since she's never seen one before living in the bustling city of Tokyo. 'I wonder what it's like in America.' She thought. Not much use wondering about it now, she would just enjoy the scenery in front of her, not paying attention to anything else. It seemed peaceful, a bit too peaceful, but that was fine. Phillia looked up and thought about how things were like back in the real world, were her friends worrying about her? Were they even visiting? So many things to think about, but so little time.

A few hours seemed to pass whilst Hydra was in his slumber. Strangely it seemed to get more uncomfortable, he felt the feeling of mud giving way beneath *mmm no thanks, I said I didn't want massage* He hummed to himself, a moment later Hydra's eyes flickered open "Oh S***!", the bank immediately gave way at that moment and Hydra flew into the lake with a large splash. The lake was just shallow enough to stand in as his head popped above the service, with a lily pad and a frog mixed in with his hair. The spearman squirted out some of the water he had swallowed, and looked towards a alternate bank he could climb out off. As he turned around he noticed a girl staring staring at him. "Uuuuuuuuuuumm... hi?" He said confused, his cheeks slowly turning red in embarrassment (the frog ribbits on his head).   

Edited by Hydra

Staring dead into the eyes of his opponent, Ethereal would slowly raise his left hand which was wrapped tightly around an obsidian rook. Lifting ever so gently, eyebrows furrowed the swordsman moves to place it down on the one spot that would check the enemy king. As he did, a huge splash behind him would cause the man to avert his gaze seeking the sound. Hand now slightly off course, he puts the piece in one of the few places where it would be taken. Turning back to the board, he notices his error and stands in a rage shouting "THE HELL ARE YOU KIDS DOING?!" It seemed absolutely comical to any bystander.

Kacaji was roaming the forest walking rather briskly.  He did not wear anything unusual, his shorts, tee-shirt, cloth mask, and shoes were the same old ones.  He heard commotion further ahead and climbed a tree.  Once he had reached a few yards from the top, he found a somewhat sturdy branch that could support his minimal weight.  He then looked toward what seemed to be a clearing where the sounds had come from... He had only heard one voice, but it seemed to be focused towards someone else.  So, presuming that the person wasn't talking to himself, he paid close attention to determine if there was any information worth hearing.

Ranmura approached the two children with a creepy smile (Permanent smile). "Are you two in looove? How about a joke to set the mood? What do you use to draw cats? Papurrr! Nya ha ha! Do you like kitties? I like torturing kitties by picking off their hairs with tiny tweezers, nya ha ha! It's soo cute when they meow in pain when I do that!" She laughed creepily again lost in thought of torturing tiny animals. Maybe this girl was losing it? Nah, that can't be right, she's norm- "Have you ever made somebody think that you're in love with them? I have, and then I stomped on their hearts, nya ha ha!" I take that back, she's insane!

Hydra, still panicked about where all these people had suddenly come from, turned to the girl who suddenly come out of nowhere. It took the spearman a few seconds to comprehend what she was saying, "wait...wh...WHAT!". Hydra looked at the girl with the creepy smile lifting his hands out the water and shaking them "No, you've got the wrong idea, I was just daydreami..." The young man sighed and couldn't be bothered to finish his sentence, he was slimy and wet and still half deep in the lake, *Maybe im at the wrong lake, there's never been this many people before* he thought to himself. Looking back towards the creepy girl on the bank, Hydra bought up his left arm and skimmed it across the surface picking up water and launching it at the girl, my turn to crack a joke he said laughing heartily. Failing to hear the shout of Eth booming behind him. 

"Kyaaa!" Water splashed on his legs as Hydra splashed some water at the wrong target. He began to shiver as the water was also cold, "I-I'm sorry for getting in the w-way!" Nonon shyly repeated the words "Sorry" again and again. He even bowed to Hydra, Ranmura, and Phillia wishing them good luck. The scene was awkward, and it became even more awkward when Nonon fell in front of Hydra. "I'm sorry!" He shouted while lying on the ground next to Hydra.

Phillia stared at the enraged three-headed Hyrdra -Sarcasm- splashing water at the girls, and she laughed. "Haven't done that in a while." She puts her hand in the lake, and with it, splashes some more water onto the surrounding people, giggling with excitement. Phillia then spotted a peculiar girl with bunny ears, what was that girl thinking? She's shy, likes to say sorry, and most of all, is not wearing any pants! "Oh dear, we need to get you back to town honey, pretty ones like you are normally blackmailed into doing some bad stuff." She then warned her about the dangers of PK'ers and the basics of SAO.

Ethereal shook his head, the grandmaster behind him raising his eyebrows at the sight. "Gomenasai" the swordsman would mutter, turning back to the old man. Waving a hand in dismissal, the elder replies "Goshinpainaku" and proceeds to move his piece as to take the newly-moved piece. Groaning, Eth plonks himself back down in front of the marble chessboard and cracks his knuckles. He proceeds to continue the game under the cool shade of a cherry blossom tree, the sounds of splashing and drama coming from just over his shoulder.

Hydra had never laughed so much since his start in Aincrad, the spearman had generally avoided most people. Not out of fear but just his laid back nature, he felt today was different. "don't worry about it, water doesn't bother me all that much." He said to the little one who also just seemed to appear out the sky *how did I not notice all these players before*. Hydra reached for the bank, barely managing to pull himself out. The young man noted the conversation the older girl seemed to be having with the younger one after the excitement had died down. He was unsure whether it was the thought of PK'ers or being soaked through in cold water that sent a shiver down his spine yet he suddenly became more aware of his spear. The sky above began darkening turning to an even deeper shade of blue.  

OOC RIP when peeps don't post :S

Ethereal lifts what appears to be a white knight gently from the upper-left corner of the checkered board from where he was sitting. Tapping it a few times on a certain space to north-west of the piece, Eth glances at the sky contemplating the move. The ocean blue painting that this game classes as a "sky" looks back down at him, the swordsman's mind wanders to the fact that the "sky" was technically just a roof - there was 99 floors above this one after all. Lowering his eyes back to the old, wizened man the player nods once, making up his mind and places the knight into its rightful spot.

As Hydra clenched what he thought was his spear the object felt irregular and uncomfortable to the hand, "Wait this isn't my spear?", lifting the object over his head it appeared to actually be a large twig, the player peered across the bank to where he had been previously daydreaming and saw the handle was half submerged in the water. "Huh" The player let at a breath of air. "I guess I could look for some materials on my way over at least". He turned to the other players on his side of the bank, "Anyone up for a treasure hunt?". With that he began walking over, glancing into the forest as he passed by to see if there was anything to scavenge.

ID# 50793 results:

Loot: 20

The player had walked 3 yards before he noticed something he could immediately use in his Artisans shop. With that he rushed into the bushes and pulled out an odd looking piece of wood, clearly off a different sort of tree than that which was in the area. "Too bad, looks like I win already..." the player laughed.

+1 material

Edited by Hydra

"Awwwww! All the chatter died down, now nobody can here my jokes. What did the young man say when a crow enlisted him in the army? I'd like to join your CAWS! Nya ha ha!" Ranmura basically shouted a joke for everyone to hear, and most if not all of them would probably groan. A player walking by commented "Damn... In all my years as a comedian, this has gotta be the worst joke ever..." He ran away and disappeared into the horizon, the joke was too horrible to bear with.

Taking a stroll around the lake seemed to be a good idea when he woke up that morning but now Icarus was thinking the opposite.  Luckily for him, he was far enough removed from the water's edge that he was in no danger of being splashed by the rambunctious kids enjoying the cool lake.  He wasn't annoyed - how could he be?  They were merely kids enjoying the day.  With as much as they had to deal with in regards to the pressures of being trapped in Sword Art Online, being able to goof off with each other must have been a godsend.

The blue haired man, who was generally one of few words in large groups, simply sat back against the bark of a nearby tree while observing the ongoing activities of those around him.  Most notably, there was a man known as Ethereal playing a game of chess, as well as the girl with the awkward smile telling the same bad jokes she was used to.  He couldn't quite figure out how he consistently ran into her more than any other player.  Icarus obviously wasn't going far enough away to escape her.

Phillia left the girl where she was, not paying attention to her anymore. 'She's smart, at least I hope. Nobody is that stupid to stay around outside of a safezone where there are monsters and PK'ers, and even if she gets kidnapped... Hmmm, what am I thinking? That's no way to treat a person, am I even a person? I guess this game takes the humanity out of us.' Thinking was a great past time for Phillia, most of the times it'd go deeper than normal levels of thought but that was fine and perfectly healthy. As soon as she took a step forward, she heard what was probably the worst joke ever told on the planet. "Ugh, even I could do better."

Hydra emerged from the thicket, strapping the piece of wood to his back to take with him later. Looking back over towards the bank there was no doubt he could tell it was the sadistic girl that made the awful joke, he smiled none the less. "People seem so peaceful here" The spearman whispered to himself almost forgetting about his spear. "....Oh right, I need to go grab that". He walked over and pulled the spear out the lake, it had been half dunked in mud but was otherwise fine. Walking back the way he came he approached the players he had just been having a water fight with "So what does everyone here call themselves". The spearman sheathed his weapon to ensure he didn't seem threatening at all, hoping for a response... *Every ally counts, and making a new friend here and there would be nice* he thought to himself.

Phillia spotted Hydra picking up his spear and walking, she thought she knew who he was so she ran up to him. "Hey, you were the guy with Nixon right?" Her curiosity couldn't be held back, this guy had something to do with Nixon. "And if you are, could you tell me about how he's doing? I haven't caught up with my friends lately." She sounded truthful, and her body language suggested the same thing. Phillia was the type of no-nonsense girl, but when she was goofing off, it meant that you should do the exact same thing.

Edited by Phillia

Ranmura stared at the group wondering why it was so boring. She randomly picked someone to talk to, and that person was Hydra. That was when a plan crossed her mind, she ran up to Hydra and worked her magic on him. "Hi, my name's Ranmura, what about you? Do you want to hear a story? It's called 'My Son Got Ran Over By A Garbage Truck.' It goes like this, this boy was taking out the garbage when a garbage truck RAN HIM OVER! Nya ha ha! And there was lots of BLOOD EVERYWHERE! Nya ha ha ha!"