[PP-F13] Untitled (Lowenthal and Ssendom)

There was a specific quietness of Azure when no one was around. It was almost like this one building was an entire ghost town; aka no one was ever here. It was disappointing to me. What was even the point of a Guild Hall if we never used it? I would've though that we would spend every moment together, staying up all night and just screwing around as a team. But this wasn't a movie, this was (virtual) reality and it was do or die. Thus, I sat alone in the meeting room without the light on. Mostly of the lights were off even though it was still daytime out. In fact, I was pretty confident it was just a little after noon. With the lights off, Azure looked terribly dismal due to the terrain that surrounded the floor outside of the guild. It was already dark out and the constant eerie fog looming over everything didn't help either. The reason for the lights to be off was to create kind of a calm environment, but it also unfortunately created a gloomy one as well. To make things worse I was sitting in dark, alone in my thoughts. There was no real reason for this light to be off other than I was way too lazy to turn it on after I collapsed in one of the end chairs. Unlike the light, I had a reason for sitting in a specific chair; it was chair that Zelrius used to sit in for meetings. Though to be completely honest I was sitting in it like a normal human would. My legs hung over one of the arms while my head was awkwardly resting against the other arm. I guess some might call it lounging, but I was completely bored out of my mind. I was just committing something weird, like any other normal person did when they were alone. It was like making funny faces in the mirror. 

I groaned out of boredom and opened my menu. The light from my HUD, rather annoyingly, illuminated my face as I scrolled through my inventory and PMs. Every few items I would stop to look at, debating if I could possibly use it. For example, the sword Daeron gave me had gone unused since the 11th Floor boss, or was it the 12th? I squinted to read the text under each item and for a while this assuaged my fatal state of boredom. 

Edited by Kiru

Dom yawned and stretched as he moved about in his bed. Today was a rather strange one for the unrelenting Berserker. Normally he was out ravaging the fields of monsters collecting untolds amount of col and materials in his farming sprees which helped rise him to one of the highest level players amongst the entirety of the game save for a very few amount of players. He looked up into the corner of his visual hud to see that it was a little after noon, "Man," he stated to himself in a groggy state, "I haven't had a relaxing day in quite a few months, I guess I should get off my ass and atleast get up completely." He tried to motivate himself.

In the recent days, the Azure Brigade guild hall was completely empty during this time of day. Since they were among the most elite of the entire game, they were always striving to reach newer and better heights. So he decided to leave his room wearing nothing but some slightly sagging silken amethyst colored sleeping pants and his black boxers slightly showing. His entire physique out on display to no one, or so he would think.

Dom waltzed out of his room scratching the back of his head yawning very loudly. He walked down the stairs into the kitchen which was openly attached to the meeting room. Dom enjoyed the darkness of the thirteenth floor so it was easier to sleep at any point of the day. He ommediately went for the light before he noticed anything else. As he flicked the switch he turned to look at the Meeting Table that the floor boss planning had been happening at and various other random meetings. He immediately noticed Kiru sitting in what was Zelrius' chair, "What are you doing here Kiru?" He asked as he scratched his pecks.

I did not hear footsteps, and everything was silent in the meeting room. I was entirely lost in my readings that, and like always, I was too zoned out to hear anything other than my thoughts. So, I was quite surprised when suddenly the lights were switched on and someone began speaking. There was no warning and like I stated previously I head no footsteps. My initial reaction was alarm. Due to my many dangerous adventures with Keith I had kind of learned to be prepared for anything and everything. But this time, I wasn't prepared and I was almost one hundred percent sure that no one was currently inside the guild. Instead of staying calm and grabbing a weapon I totally flipped out...of my chair.

I hit the floor with a loud smacking sound and let out a pained gasp. Though the pain factor was turned down I still could imagine the real sensation of being the idiot I was and falling from a chair. After the shock from the fall was gone I quickly got on my knees and peered above the table, looking at the light switch. My eyes moved from the switch to the person beside it. That person namely being Ssendom. I let out relieved sigh and closed my eyes, swallowing before I responded to him. "You scared me, sorry." I opened my eyes and stood up. The first thing I noticed was his absence of a shirt. "He must have been sleeping." I thought, and tore my eyes from his chest and confirmed my thoughts by examining his attire. He was still in his pajamas, as was I. Of course unlike him I was wearing a shirt. I was wearing a dark blue, almost black, t-shirt and a pair of black flowy shorts that ended about halfway above my knees. I leaned on the table slightly, trying to pretend that didn't just happen as my cheeks began to flush. "I uh, I'm always here?" I stated, but it came out more like a question. "What are you doing here? I didn't think anyone was here."

The black haired dagger user that Zelrius worried about more than anyother thing in this death game happened to flip over off of he chair and thudded upon the floor. Dom closed one eye and chuckled, as if he were imagining himself in that sort of pain. She finally got back up to her feet but barely peered over the table to look at the Berserker, "My apologies Kiru, I didn't mean to startle you. She finally came to her feet completely, which made him notice that he wasn't the only person still in their pajama's.

She continued speaking with an obviously flustered face which caused him to chuckle lightly, she was even having a hard time figuring out exactly what she wanted say since her sentences were coming out as questions rather than statements, "What do you mean you're always here? Don't you ever go out and hunt prey around the multitude of floors to try and empower yourself?" He asked her in turn after her asking him why he was here, "And to actually answer your question this time, I decided to sleep in my bed instead of on a rock or against a dungeon wall for once." He laughed slightly then made his way to the fridge, "Well since we're both here and I am hungry, do you want something to eat?" He asked her as he tossed a folded towel over his shoulder while rummaging through his materials of food to create.

"Of course someone's here. We live here you goob." Lowenthal, said stepping into the room. "I was just about to head out and do some early morning stuff." Lowenthal said, noting that he was the only one fully dressed, while everyone else seemed to be in pajamas. Lowenthal wanted to get stronger, and the only way to do that was to go outside and do something. Of course, he didn't expect people to be awake at this time, and had investigated the noise, which apparently was Kiru flailing over her chair.

I slowly raised myself from my leaning position and stood with one foot slightly adjacent to the other. Upon hearing Ssendom's question I crossed my arms an raised my chin a little, slowly attempting to casually regain composure. "Well..." I began, not wanting to confess that I had so listlessly been lounging about the guild for quite some time now, "I haven't really left very much since uh the party I threw for Azure and Aincrad. You know, for the holidays? Yeah, I dunno, might just be Christmas blues I guess." I said, sure of my practically obvious lie. However,  going against what I stated before, this was definitely not the case. I was pathetic enough to just let Zelrius leave the guild, and to not follow him after. Sometimes I was just so dense. For example, what I just said. I had just now realized that Christmas was two months ago and therefore couldn't possibly still have "Christmas blues." I clenched my hands and smiled politely at Ssendom. There was no way he'd believe me, but hopefully he would just drop the conversation entirely. 

Thankfully, he continued and proceeded to inquire about my hunger. "Honestly, yeah, I could go for anything if you'd be so kind to make it." I called as he walked back into the kitchen. Unlike me, he actually had a profession and could make use of himself. But me? I was just a flagrant poptart compared to everyone else. 

I began forward, to go any see if Dom needed any help, but suddenly Lowenthal appeared out of nowhere. I wasn't expecting yet another surprise entrance, and thus I nearly had a heart attack. Very dramatically, I clutched my heart and pretended to breath heavy. (This was to cover up that he actually scared me.) "Is anyone else here?! Geez." I exclaimed and looked up to look at Lowenthal. "Well duh, of course we live here. But it doesn't mean that anyone's ever around. For the past few days no one's been here." I replied, just digging myself deeper that I already was.

Ssendom looked over to the orange haired crazy man he had become quite good friends with over the course of his time inside Aincrad, he chuckled "You trying to catch back up to me after I soared past you?" Dom then turned his attention to Kiru who seemed to try and reclaim her composure before she admitted she was beginning to feel the Christmas blues. It was rather obvious that the girl was lying, Dom was perceptive enough to notice the girl's blatant laziness.

Dom shrugged and turned his attention back to the food he was making, the aroma was beginning to fill the air. Steak was sizzling on the grill, omelettes were being prepared and some vegetables was simmering in a sauce on the side. He looked over at the two that were in the room, "Well before you go out and potentially get yourself in a position where I need to save your <expletive>, eat some food." He told Lowenthal. He then turned his attention over to Kiru after activating another burner to heat food, "Tell me Kiru, what are you in the mood for breakfest wise?" He asked her as he tossed the omelette in the air, "And what do you want in it if it can be stuffed? You too Lowe, what do you want?" He further asked.

I brushed past Lowenthal without giving him a chance to speak. I knew if Ssendom didn't say anything about the ''Zelrius problem," then he definitely would seeing as though he gave me a very specific gift at the holiday party. Suddenly the words of Zelrius came running through my mind; to stay away from Lowenthal. I considered not abiding by this favor for a second but ultimately decided to follow his wished.  

The moment I walked into the kitchen I was met with a variety of smells wafting through the air. This was the profession I wanted, as it was probably the most stable and it was the most fun in my opinion. Cooking to me was a form of art that you could either master or screw up and never succeed. But in Aincrad all you had to do was touch a knife to a piece of meat and it was cut. Although it would probably take awhile for me to actually open a store and such I still thought the idea of cooking in this nomadic, yet sedentary, game would be just enough please to appease my literal appetite for real experiences. The way everything had to be caught and purchased and cooked just amazed me. That someone in our guild, other than Rebekah, could properly form a meal without burning the building down. I knew that he could cook, he even catered the holiday party, but watching him and getting to shadow Dom was pretty cool. 

"You know something weird? I don't like eating breakfast foods in the morning that much. But just this once do I want an omelette. Specifically with whatever you want to put in it but please no cheese." I told my "order" and clasped my hands behind my back, stepping out of the way so he could work. Instantly, I was overcome with questions, so many. "I know I haven't really asked but, when did you start this profession? And like, I don't know, why? Do you just like eating?" 

Edited by Kiru

Lowenthal rolled his eyes as Dom offered breakfast. "You guys know you don't need to eat right? Saves you a lot of Col in the long run." He said, leaning against the wall. "And when was the last time I needed saving?" Lowenthal asked. He felt it to be true. Lowenthal had never been in a situation that required sudden assistance. Help on quests were one thing, but no one had swooped in and save his neck. And he planned on keeping it that way. "Anyways, since you guys are here. And Zelrius is back my job here is done. I thought I was going to take his spot, and keep it nice and warm. Bastard never left, and well. I don't like being lied to." He said. "So, this was well, is my last night here." Lowenthal admitted. He was tied of the games that Zelrius had been playing. First he learned the reasoning behind Manta cancelling her deal last minute, Then Zel is just suddenly back, and Lowenthal was demoted without even a single word spoken to him. 

Dom laughed pretty hard when lemon went on a tangent about ever needing help, "The point was you never needed the help in Aincrad, my friend." He finished his chuckle and turned back to his food and turning and finishing every single bit of the food he was working on and listened to Lowenthal clearly. The tone changed in the Berserker, "I am sorry you feel that way my good friend, then why don't you sit and have on last meal as a Guildmate." He said solemnly. He took out another skillet and cracked three eggs then proceeded to make it exactly the way Kiru wanted it, after having listened to her. He looked at her, "Go ahead and sit down, it'll be ready in just a moment." He grinned at her like she was some sort of family member.

(Sorry muse is stopped atm. xD)