[OP-F1] Caught in the Game - COMPLETED

As Greg begins to leave, Barryt makes a few steps and touches him on his left shoulder. Can... can you show me a little around, you look like you already know hoe this game works? Barryt asked with a nervous vibrating voice.
These two down there are really crazy, and the guy even wanted to show me something a little earlier. Perhaps how to cook poor noobs like me. Barryt thought while hoping that the one he just talked to would help him, while already thinking that it was rude to even ask and that Greg wouldn't help someone as rude as him. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethereal shook his head in despair at how truly strange the situation had become. There was Nix and the other players chatting amongst themselves like nothing was happening and now Hydra seemed to be playing "unhinged" with Ranmura. "Christ, the hell is happening here..." the swordsman muttered as he stepped over to Ranmura and Hydra, stepping in between them. "Alright, alright. You're scaring the newbies. I think you should calm down a little, girl." The Blade gave the short girl a stern look, attempting to convey a 'Don't mess with me.' sort of message.

Greg hesitated as they asked for help. "It depends. What do you need help with?" he asked. "If it's power-levelling, I'm not the guy to go to." he continues. "I'm not a high enough level to try something like that." He told the player, before awaiting his response. There was also the fear that the player would die on his watch, and he seriously DIDN'T want that. He couldn't just refuse, though, seeing as he was going to try and protect those who needed it. That's why he was going to try to fight on the Front Lines.

This Greg guy asked what type of help he needed, this was a good sign. Maybe he would really help. I... I missed the so called tutorial because I was late. I ne-never used my sword and I d-d-don't know what to do now. He stuttered, not still believing that this could be his real start of sao, not just sitting around in the town of beginners without doing something.
Trying to show how grateful he was even for the player just talking to him and maybe giving him some chance, he tried to bow to him as he saw in movies about medieval times, just to see that he still was dirty with orange juice.

Greg saw the player bow. "So you just need a tutorial on how combat works, then?" Greg asked. "If that's what you're asking, then sure, I can oblige." Greg continued with a nod. He then looked around and noticed a Boar appear. "In fact, here's an enemy now." Greg said, before approaching and drawing his <Anneal Blade>. "Basically, what you've got to do is, if you're just attacking, hit the foe with your weapon. In my case an OHSS (One-Handed Straight Sword) is meant for light, swift strikes. However, in order to trigger the best tool a Player has- the Sword Arts, you've got to perform certain motions." As he said this, his blade lit up, shining a cyan colour as he readied the <Horizontal Square> Sword Art. "Like so!" He said, charging towards the Boar and releasing his art.

ID: 51322

BD 2: Miss!

(My bad luck returns. Good thing this is only a level 1 boar meant for training.)

Greg's body went through with the motions but the boar got out of the way and attempted to gore Greg!

MD 5-3=2: Miss!

Greg sidestepped the Boar with ease. "While Sword Arts are powerful, they drain your stamina, which should be visible just under your HP. Normally, <Horizontal Square>, which I just performed, would drain 7 Stamina, but since the attack missed, it only drained 2." He explains. "It's a bit weird when starting off with it, but once you get the hang of it, performing even Sword Arts you've just learned becomes a piece of cake." He concludes, before continuing to face off against the Boar. Even low-levelled mobs were a danger to new players, after all.

Greg: 64/64 HP, 14/16 EN, 5 ATK, 7 MIT.

Boar: 4/4 HP, 3 ATK, 1 MIT.

I...I'll try it too.  Barryt said as he readied his sword. Triggering a sword art by doing certain movements, I should try this Barryt thought as he began holding his sword to slash the boar from top left to bottom right. As the weapon started glowing light blue, he released his first sword art <Slant> onto the boar.

ID# 51343 results:

Battle: 3
His weapon missed the boar and the shining ark of blue light faded as Barryt came to an halt next to Greg and the boar. That was a strange feeling, letting the system guide your motions. Even when it was a known one, the speed was higher than Barryts moves in the RL hat ever been.

Flashed by this thoughts Barryt stuttered Th-That is cool, t-thanks already.

Edited by TurirBarym
edit after diceroll

Eth appeared from out of nowhere, separating the two players. Then turned to talk to Ranmura. "I'll thank him later for distracting her, now where did that player go? I need to apologize..." Up ahead Hydra heard the cries of a boar. "What on earth?" The player equipped his spear in the left hand and started running towards the noises. He noticed the stronger looking player was teaching the new one. The spearman sighed in relief "At least there's someone to help him". Having said that Hydra didn't want to miss out on the action so he tried for another boar near to the gate, they seemed particularly energetic today.

ID# 51474 results:

Battle: 2

MOB: 7

Hydra's spear sliced through the air completely missing the boar he had targeted. "Dammit" he had created an opening for the creature. It bought up it's snout digging into the player. Hydra paced back a few steps and grasped his chest. Before switching to his defensive position, "Maybe if I let it charge me I will hit it proper next time...." The spearman stood pushing back his back leg, the other foot forwards and lifting his spear where the metal was just brushing his cheek, with the end pointed towards the boar.

Mobs:

Boar 1 4/4 HP

Boar 2 4/4 HP

Players:

Greg: 64/64 HP, 14/16 Energy

TurirBarym: 4/4 HP, 1/1 Energy

Hydra: 17/20 HP 4/5 Energy

Edited by Hydra

He had taken notice of Barryt's progress. "That's it!" Greg told him. He then decided to take his turn again and this time, just struck at the boar with a simple <Vertical> Sword Art, seeing as he had  enough damage to one-hit the boar, even with a regular attack. He swung his blade down, aiming to flat-out slice the boar in two. His sword glowed once again, and he was ready to finish this thing off.  His blade came down...!

ID: 51475

BD 7: Hit! 5-1=4 Damage!

The blade goes clean through the boar, which squeals as it is promptly torn in two by Greg's blade and disintegrates into pixels. Smiling, Greg sheaths his sword. "And that concludes my demonstration. Any questions?"

uhm, actually yes. How do I f-find out what movement I have to do, in order to activate my Swordarts? Barryt asked, happy that the first monster he attacked died without killing him.
And, uhm, can you maybe g-give me some tips what to do now. This guy seemed nice. Barryt looked around for another boar he could train his attacks against, as he notices this crazy guy who said something about blood. I should go back to the savezone he thought and made two steps towards town, coming to an halt and wait if Greg would follow him.

"Well, as I said earlier, once you're used to performing Sword Arts, even ones you just learned by raising your weapon skill will be easy to pull off instinctively." Greg explained. "This is because each weapon has a sort of... 'stance' if you will. While it has a bit of flexibility, most Sword Arts have the same starting stance (though with practice you can do it while moving, too)." Greg continued. It was kind of hard to explain. "It's a bit tough for me to explain, and the best way to learn is by doing." He concluded. "As for what to do next? Find some party members and do some quests. I recommend <Earning a Living> and <Secret Medicine of the Forest> for low-level characters." Greg said, before turning away and heading off in a different direction. "I've got to get going. See ya." He says, as he walks off.

-Greg has exited the thread-

Hydra lunged at the boar once more, this time landing a hit. His spear dug deep into the creature, the wound where he hit caused several particles to dissipate. Noticing how incapable the boar was at moving, Hydra raised his arm to Turir and waved him over, "Hey, come over here! There is a boar you can finish off! It is stunned so it wont be able to harm you either". The boar stood in front wobbling about, if Turir could land a hit on it, it would be his first kill in SAO.

ID# 51552 results:

Damage: Base =1+1=2, <<Maiming blow>> 2x1 = 2 = 2 Base + 2 sword art = [4-1Mit] = 3DMG + STUNNED

Battle: 8

MOB: 1

Mobs:

Boar 1 0/4 HP

Boar 2 1/4 HP [STUNNED]

Players:

TurirBarym: 4/4 HP, 1/1 Energy

Hydra: 17/20 HP 4/5 Energy [Hate: 1]

Edited by Hydra

"Sugarrrr!" Lazarus saw the boar and went in for the final hit striking at it with his dagger. The boar exploded into a bunch of pixels and the candy man smiled. "Sweet." He stuffed another dozen lollipops in his mouth nodding at the crowd. "Like stealing candy from a babe." The candy man had a big smile on his face, he had just earned a material and was eating candy, that was until he noticed Hydra. "Weren't you that candy thief from yesterday? Ah, doesn't matter now, just don't touch my stash." The lollipops were quickly devoured, he then stuffed his face with a piece of cake and held out his dagger.

ID#51560

Battle 6

Boar 2: 0/4 HP

+1 Material

Edited by Lazarus

Barryt turns to Hydra looking for the boar he mentioned, just to see a person with a colourful dagger  killing it and then taking some sweets out of pocket into his mouth. what a  strange guy Barryt thought, but he wasn't interested in him. As he had learned about fighting he should go back to town and look for some equipment before going out. Maybe there would be something for him. I...I'll go now, th-thank you for trying to help. m-maybe I....uhm...I could add you to my friendlist, in case I have questions? He asks Hydra with an stuttering voice.

ooc: I'll tag this topic as completed after your answer, ok?

(OOC: Remember to do one more post after me, and a summary of what we get = 1SP, 400 col/Number Participants before submitting :D)

Hydra slightly annoyed at Lazarus, turns to the new player. "Ah well... maybe next time" *yawn*, the spearman listens to the players request and happily accepts "Sure". The spearman popped open his friend list and sent a request to the new guy "My names Hydra but most people call me the 'Daydreamer'". The spearman's charm around his neck shined slightly as it reflected the sun. "Alright I best be getting back to the others, if you need anything send me a request". He lifted his hand and waved to Barym, "Now where's that fountain..."

~Hydra leaves thread~

Seeing Hydra walking to town Barryt decided that it was enough training for today. As he reached one of the places within the town, he remembered that there still was orange juice on his cloths, so he went to the fountain and washed his face, as well as his easy cloths. Hm, I'm feeling hungry now, maybe I should sit down and eat some of this bread. He sat down and took one bread out of his inventory. It wasn't specially tasty, but still better than nothing.

Why's it always the same with you? Barryt asked, while turning to Lambic, seeing the pixels of the disintegrating piece of Bread.
It is as it always had been, I found someone who I could call a friend, but he is strange. Holding his head, Barryt said: You know you shouldn't call me Turir, that was my Tag in WoW. Here in sao I am Barryt. And what are you doing here, weren't ya looking for someone who could laugh about yar silly jokes? It was nice to speak so freely, but it wasn't easy for Barryt, even towards Lambic, who he knows from RL.

"Sorry, Barryt" Lambic is still laughing. "You know i like puns" 

He giggles. "What are you doing here? I had never thought you wouldn't have the bravery for SAO. After this with the cashier."

Lambis says the last sentence quiter then the others. After that he takes out some bread and eat. 

Edited by Lambic
Spelling Mistake

Uhm, I...I hoped to find some confidence, when I play games like sao. Cause it's not RL, but it is, at least at the moment. Barryt got quiet for a while.
A-and I still am sorry for you missing the tutorial part of sao, before you would die. I-Its all my fault, just cause I wasn't able to pay my own game. you could see and hear, that he really was sorry.

Standing up with a sigh he said:

I found some guys this morning, they showed me how the fighting system works, wanna see?

Nixon walks up behind Barym he had been listening to the conversation. "Look kid, Confidence is not something that you get from running away. from what you said you would run to a video game to try and boost your confidence. but it would only affect you while you played the game. This life we live is a game. I dont mean that because we are literally in a game, but more of, life is just something we play until we die. You have the ability to be confident in your interactions with others, you just need to find out how to access it." Nixon turned away from the kid and began to leave